PDA

View Full Version : New here

Leodegarius
03-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Hello, my fellow kooks and crackpots :p

You can call me Leodegarius. I'm a young artist, musician, hermeticist, magician and a would-be alchemist from Iceland. I've been lurking around on this forum for a long time now and have found much of the stuff presented here very enlightening.

I've been interested in the occult ever since I was very little. It's just natural to me somehow. I began studying alchemy few years ago and set up a small laboratory on my desk. I have learned a lot from practicing spagery although lately I've been quite low on time, space and money to continue my lab work.

I'm a student of visual arts and architecture but currently I'm also taking courses in physics and chemistry to get a bit more familiar with the equipment and chemicals before I start working with metals. Roger Caro's Cinnabar way has always been of a great fascination to me and I plan to give it a shot as soon as I'm ready.

I'm not really religious except from an esoteric viewpoint, but to the existence of gods I don't think there is such simple answer as either yes or no. Although the gods might be non-existent it doesn't mean that they don't represent something very great and powerful. To me they're just various aspects of the 'All'.

Spiritually I've been through a lot during the past year or so. From my introduction to psychedelic drugs to my first full-blown out-of-body experience during a very long and dark spiritual phase of depression and anxiety, I also experienced serious gender dysphoria whereas I really had no idea whether I identified myself as a man or a woman.

Somehow though I could relate all of these experiences to my alchemical and magickal background, to which I am truly greatful. If it wasn't for my gnosis I probably would have killed myself.

I acknowledge all three parts of the human being: the Body, the Soul and the Mind/Spirit. Hence I do not agree with much of what I've seen presented on the new-age market as "spiritual alchemy" which pretty much ignores the physical aspect of the work, reducing it to a mere form of mysticism. I see the physical body as the Prima Materia whose matter must be refined and transmuted into a purer form of energy, the body of Sol.

I'm not sure what more to say about me… I'm an anarchist, I hate being a slave to modern society and all I desire is total freedom. Alchemy is the force that keeps me going in life.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Andro
03-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Hello Leodegarius, and welcome to Alchemy Forums!

I resonate with a lot of what you wrote in your detailed introduction.

I also experienced serious gender dysphoria whereas I really had no idea whether I identified myself as a man or a woman.

This is definitely something I would love to hear more about. If you're comfortable to elaborate, we have the Spiritus Vitae (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?79-Spiritus-Vitae) sub-section for this kind of discussions.

Leodegarius
03-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Hello Leodegarius, and welcome to Alchemy Forums!
Hi and thanks! :)

This is definitely something I would love to hear more about. If you're comfortable to elaborate, we have the Spiritus Vitae (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?79-Spiritus-Vitae) sub-section for this kind of discussions.
Sure, I would love to tell you more. I just don't know where to begin as it's really hard to put this kind of expereince into words.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/__CjMqliGoMc/SdzMEFG2R_I/AAAAAAAABeA/ijB22igCE4s/ARDHANARiSHWARA.jpg

Andro
03-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I just don't know where to begin as it's really hard to put this kind of expereince into words.

You could start by describing the feelings you had during this experience of gender ambiguity... physical sensations... psychic experiences... unprecedented emotions or desires... And move on from there...

This Thread (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1418-Monroe-Encounter) might be of interest to you, in this context...

Salazius
03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome, this is an interesting subject indeed !

Sal.

Leodegarius
03-15-2011, 04:53 PM
I've made a thread on the subject in the Spiritus Vitae section if you care to read it.

solomon levi
03-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Welcome Leodegarius!
Nice to make your acquaintance. :)