PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Aquarius

Andro
03-27-2011, 10:47 PM
The link below was just emailed to me. I am simply passing it forward.

Could make an interesting read for some.

Full of quotes and references from many sources.

Quite a "quote collection", actually...

Advocates a particular practical work.

I give no personal opinion - no negation and no endorsement either.

Presented 'as is'.

Reader's discernment required :)

Read or download HERE (http://www.forgottenbooks.org/bookofaquarius).

Mod Edit: Link no longer active. If anyone has a new/recent download link for the latest version of the BoA, please post it on this thread.

Awani
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Interesting... but ironic how someone who wants the secret out wants to stay so secret.

:cool:

asta
04-02-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm quoting something from the text:

13. What Is It Made From? [...] The ingredient is urine. I understand this may sound strange, and suspiciously convenient, on first hearing, however, there is sound and logical reasoning for the Stone to be made from urine.

This make me doubt about that book.

Andro
04-02-2011, 04:46 PM
The same thing can be said about other 'starting materials' as well.

Actually, a Particular (Spagyrical) gold-dissolving 'Alkahest' can be produced from human urine, and a detailed recipe is even plainly revealed on this forum on an older thread.

And I am NOT referring to ***'s methods.

But I found the non-'practical' sections of the book much more interesting, especially the last chapters.

I think it's worth a read, even if only for the sake of general culture and some very interesting perspectives about the works of nature, written in less archaic language.

theFool
04-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm, quoting also from the text:

The Philosophers' Stone is energy, concentrated and purified to a massively high degree. This is the same energy that you are taking in when you breathe, and when you eat and drink. It is the energy that powers all forms of life, and so I will call it life-energy (since I have to call it something and "life-energy" is self-explanatory.)

Firstly I must explain that the Stone could in theory be made from anything, since everything contains the life-energy to some degree, which is the active ingredient of the Stone.
He is not that ingorant!

Andro
04-02-2011, 05:11 PM
He is not that ignorant!

No, he's not :)

That's why I recommend keeping an open mind, if one 'chooses' to read this book...

theFool
04-02-2011, 07:03 PM
No, he's not :)

That's why I recommend keeping an open mind, if one 'chooses' to read this book...
I don't understand this fully, but I have started reading it.
The process described in this book (stuffing "living mercury" in a salt till it becomes waxy) is very common in alchemy. I first encountered it in the book Real Alchemy by Bartlett, where he describes how to make a plant stone. Also in the PON material, there are some files on the acetate path describing the same peocess of "stuffing" the salt with mercury.
It is fortunate that this process is described in detail in this book. Such a lengthy process could not be discovered without a good guide. The "Author" says that he has reached to the black stage. I wonder how can he be so sure about the rest of the process.

Andro
04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
It is fortunate that this process is described in detail in this book. Such a lengthy process could not be discovered without a good guide.
The "Author" says that he has reached to the black stage. I wonder how can he be so sure about the rest of the process.

I have no idea how he can be sure about the rest of the process - but he seems to have full faith in it. So it is up to the individual researcher to decide...

Personally, I was less interested in the process itself, but rather in the interesting observations about the workings of Nature and Reality in general.
Especially when presented in a language format closer to our times.

Chapters 47 and 48 are my personal favorites.

Andro
04-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Interesting... but ironic how someone who wants the secret out wants to stay so secret.

Quoting from the movie 'Stigmata':

Il messaggero non Ť importante. (The messenger is not important)

rogerc
04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Because when he sees the blackening of the matter, he knows he is working with a living matter and not a dead one, and the blackening is an apparent sign of philosophical death which will eventually lead to a philosophical exaltation,... dead matters will not do this, if they are already dead why would they turn black? The matter denotes an intelligence or a mind of nature, a sign of the spiritus mundi, once it figures out it is trapped and has no where to go, it will begin a process of evolution that it reasons will eventually free it, it evolves a fire within itself that is more and more buring and calcining, it is trying to burn through the wall of its prison, but to do accomplish this, it must first die. The same spirit can be seen in nature of whose action we already know... take an organism and expose it to a new environment, it may not happen for a few generations but the species evolves through adaptation,.... where is the genius that conveys this information from one generation to the next?, of course it is in mercury, the messenger...So he knows if all the preparation was done right and the spirit was preserved and was not burned or did not fly from the work it will show it in the sign of eventual success, a supreme satin blackness. Of course we know this spirit is in urine, it is "continually being projected by man to make room for more." Abraham the Jew even speaks of urine used in combination with or without pyrolignous acid as a menstruum, taking place of the dry water from the striking of the rock as a bath for our old alboan, which was the liquid of his birth.

Andro
04-03-2011, 12:22 AM
[...] spiritus mundi, once it figures out it is trapped and has nowhere to go [...] it is trying to burn through the wall of its prison, but to do accomplish this, it must first die.

Pure and undetermined Mercury/Spirit can NOT die. If we are to witness a death/rebirth of matter or a putrefaction (and a subsequent sequence of colors) - there is a Sulfur present.

It is the Sulfur that is evolved/re-incrudated by the action of the Spirit.

Of course we know this spirit is in urine [...] Abraham the Jew even speaks of urine [...] taking place of the dry water from the striking of the rock.[...]

Yes, Spirit can be found in (and extracted from) Urine in limited quantity, as in/from all things - but collected Urine is not a Philosophical 'Perpetuum Mobile'/limitless supplier (like our Rock, for example).

This is a good example to illustrate the difference between Advanced Spagyrics and Alchemy.

solomon levi
04-03-2011, 01:02 AM
The practical work described is interesting, but I can't help seeing what mind this person must possess that he would
imagine alchemists get bored or say "eventually life gets boring" as in ch. 42. He really thinks one would take the stone
and be limited to wandering the earth for eternity? I would imagine most experience subtle realms and interdimensional
travel before taking the stone, as I have, and Androgynus has, and I'm sure others of you have. Kind of bizarre for one
to have such a limited definition of life.
But it seems he gets it right in ch 47: "By expanding your awareness (traditionally by meditation) or by taking the Stone,
you can tune yourself into a higher frequency. In the past this has meant leaving this world for a higher plane..."

A nice little compilation. Thanks for sharing Androgynus.

rogerc
04-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Pure and undetermined Mercury/Spirit can NOT die. If we are to witness a death/rebirth of matter or a putrefaction (and a subsequent sequence of colors) - there is a Sulfur present.

It is the Sulfur that is evolved/re-incrudated by the action of the Spirit.

Yes, Spirit can be found in (and extracted from) Urine in limited quantity, as in/from all things - but collected Urine is not a Philosophical 'Perpetuum Mobile'/limitless supplier (like our Rock, for example).

This is a good example to illustrate the difference between Advanced Spagyrics and Alchemy.

Well , while I don't agree entirely with your statement, but no matter, I didn't say it is pure/undetermined Mercury/Spirit, obviously it is not or it would be able to calcine gold as soon as it was collected and separated, and obviously it can't, obviously we don't piss pure spiritus mundi, because it carries the stain of the corruption of the flesh, so I think you are preaching to the choir, ...and the regimine of urin is not spagyrics, if you think it is spagyrics then you keep the wrong matter and discard the right, which is often the case, because the rock is never esteemed, it is always thrown away or discarded, thats the reason or what people say when they have done it or tryed it and because they could find nothing, they reject it.

Andro
04-03-2011, 01:40 AM
The regimen of urine is not spagyrics, if you think it is spagyrics then you keep the wrong matter and discard the right, which is often the case, because the rock is never esteemed, it is always thrown away or discarded, that's the reason or what people say when they have done it or tried it and because they could find nothing, they reject it.

If it involves taking a matter (such as urine, for example - like the method in the book) to be separated into principles, which in turn are purified and recombined - it's Spagyrics.

Take a look, for example, at the Circulatum Minus of Urbigerus. He gives three ways of preparing it.
The First Way has an Alchemical Start (Out of Diana's Undetermined Tears [...] which is the first, noblest, and secretest way of the Philosophers), while the other two are entirely in the domain of Spagyrics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are indeed ways of using the 'Rejected Stone(s)' in non-spagyrical ways (very different from the method of the book in this thread), so I think it's just a semantic misunderstanding.

The main point was that the corruption comes from the Sulfur. It is the Sulfur that 'dies', and can be given a new life through the Spirit, which is the immortal key to life, death and re-birth.

I think you are preaching to the choir

I don't think I'm 'preaching to the choir', because this is a public discussion and not a private one - so everyone is most likely at different levels of understanding.

Hence, not a choir, but rather different individuals with different levels and types of insight and perspective.
✂----------------------------------------------

rogerc
04-03-2011, 02:19 AM
If it involves taking a matter (such as urine, for example - like the method in the book) to be separated into principles, which in turn are purified and recombined - it's Spagyrics.

No it is not spagyrics, but I will not say more, it is simply another way to strike the rock

The main point was that the corruption comes from the Sulfur. It is the Sulfur that 'dies', and can be given a new life through the Spirit, which is the key to life, death and re-birth.

Negative, it has noting to do with sulfur, it has to do with the fallen state of man, the ourobouros is a symbol of this, that's why it is depicted eating its own tail, the mercury forsakes its own body at which time it becomes volatile and after which it redescends into the corpus, refixing itself, without anything foriegn added, it is during this time that the matter blackens and whitens, and I am not talking about anything vulgar or chemicals, if you look at it spagyrically you are looking at crude matters like ammonia salts and such, these are not the spiritus mundi, ammonia might be able to dissolve gold, but the blackening he is speaking of takes almost a year, so then you know he is not speaking of a chemical product which you mistakenly call an alkahest, it would take about a year to get a second mercury that has the power to act on gold, but first it must blacken and then whiten and this is one eagle only, but you need seven to nine eagles before you can call it remotely an alkahest, and at this point you can't really say a chemical product remains in the solvent, so the radically dissolution of gold happens miraculously, any other gold dissolution will not turn the gold into a perfect velvet black powder, because if the solvent is not philosophical, then it has no life, and is doomed to failure.

Andro
04-03-2011, 03:16 AM
The work in this book starts in the spagyrical domain (separation of elements via vulgar distillation and high heat calcination), whereas the second part is indeed a process of Alchemical-like re-incrudation and evolution. So I think I can see why you perceive it as a variation of 'striking the rock'. In fact, the entire described process appears to me like a sort of 'hybrid' :)

if you look at it spagyrically you are looking at crude matters like ammonia salts

No. I am looking at spagirically separated, purified and re-combined principles from living sources.

a chemical product which you mistakenly call an alkahest

You are putting words in my mouth. It is NOT a vulgar 'chemical' product and I never referred to it as such. It is a Spagyrical product. There IS a difference.

Advanced Spagyrics can result in a number of Alkahests, of various potencies and kingdom-specific determinations.

To summarize, regarding these above issues:
While I am not in the least attempting to negate you practical results, I must say that my philosophical perspective may well be quite different from yours in some cases.
So I'll just agree to disagree - not excluding the possibility that we may have different definitions for the terms we use, or even a possible flaw in communication.

In any case - if you found something that WORKS for you, I will be the last to argue :)
✂-----------------------------------

theFool
04-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Personally, I was less interested in the process itself, but rather in the interesting observations about the workings of Nature and Reality in general.
Especially when presented in a language format closer to our times.

Chapters 47 and 48 are my personal favorites.
The "Author" vastly agrees with the Rosicrucian cosmoconception. Those chapters you refer to are very close to Max Heindel's (http://www.amazon.com/Rosicrucian-Cosmo-Conception-Christianity-Max-Heindel/dp/0911274022#_) views.

Of course he misses some points. For example, in the chapter "cycles of nature" he speaks about four ages circularly succeding one another, thus allowing evolution to happen. Rosicrucians believe in the existence of seven evolutionary phases and also that in Nature there are no abrupt changes (like going from the Iron Age directly to the Golden Age, the "Author" misses some Ages here)

Andro
04-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Rosicrucians believe [...] that in Nature there are no abrupt changes.

Well, about that - I suppose we are going to find out soon enough...

theFool
04-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Well, about that - I suppose we are going to find out soon enough...
If we survive the "Catastrophe!", lol.
I should say better that evolution cannot be abrut. A monkey cannot evolve to human within some years, by miracle. In the same way the Iron Age cannot be succeded by the Golden Age. Evolution must have equal "Ages" time with Involution. As he presents it, we have a continuous involution interupted only by very abrut evolutionary steps.

Seth-Ra
04-04-2011, 01:21 AM
With the proper catalyst, even lead can go directly into gold. ;)

When it comes to what Is, i find no difference between "Nature" and "Art", as both Are and subtly act on one another - though "subtle" is a subjective phrase (depends on your level of sight/sensitivity to the actions) - so my point is, what one thinks "abrupt" is only by perception, for all things will cycle as they will and according to the time determined by Nature and Art according to its purpose and way.

So an Iron Age can easily pass into a Golden Age, just as a Dark Age can pass into an Age of Enlightenment. ;)

~Seth-Ra

asta
04-04-2011, 08:57 AM
Philosophical Dissolution is the same that a Putrefaction. To Dissolve if to Putrify. When you put "gold" into the alkhaest, the "gold" doesn't "dissapear" like salt in a water glass. It just putrify, it changes it's form, because the alkhaest is it a dry water, and the form of the body belongs to that Philosophical Water, like the body matter belongs to the Philosophical Earth. Also, it takes only a few hours to "Dissolve", thats is, "Putrify". And, of course, the "gold" the Wise men reffers to isn't the metal we use to make rings. It is the Sulphur, just to be Putrified.

In my humble oppinion, this "Author" mixes so many terms. But I talk only from my very own experience, so I may be also wrong.

Chenkel
04-04-2011, 06:07 PM
If you're interested in this work you might want to take a look at what the author has posted to another site:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread679877/pg1

If you take the time to read the whole thread you can see why I get sketched out by stuff like this. Summary: Dude masquerades as a third party to promote his book and comes clean about it half way through the thread. Lots of ridiculous posturing happens. (Not that that should affect a critical analysis of this work but it doesn't lend to its credibility. And another modern spagyric interpretation based on urine is not my cup of urine... so I haven't read the whole thing... but hey... to each their own.)

Andro
04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Nice 'catch', Chenkel :)

At least he's not selling anything...yet... It could leave a bad taste if this turns out to be a publicity stunt for some future commercial thing.

But, like you said - critical analysis should be based on the work itself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To Asta: Yes, he mixes some things/terms, that's why it can be confusing. I said that reader's discernment is advised, and that I am neither dismissing or endorsing anything he writes.

Personally, I am not at all interested in the practical methods of this book, but it doesn't necessarily mean they're not valid or of possible interest to others.

In any case - I think it's a nice compilation of quotes and concepts. No need to start an ideological pissing contest over it :)

Hermerthot
04-17-2011, 04:55 PM
There is a lack of wisdom inherent in this book that makes me doubt that the author has a genuine understanding of the alchemical process.
I can tell everyone here, under no uncertain terms that Alchemy is BOTH a physical AND a spiritual process that work together. In fact, it could be said that Alchemy is the amplification of the spiritual within the physical. You won't create the Stone without using the REAL secret of Alchemy, which observes and makes use of the spiritual processes reflected in the physical world.
You can use anything which contains life energy to make the Stone. Urine will work, dew will work, rainwater will work. It doesn't matter, and the time it takes to purify these substances depends on the alchemist's spiritual state. If you haven't made it over certain hurdles spiritually, I'd be very careful with such processes, as they will break you down and can even kill you.
Some sorcerers begin with the Stone within, and their external creation is a mirror of the soul-self. Some magicians begin with the Stone without, and their creation teaches them about their true soul-self within. The process can be more Yin or more Yang. It doesn't matter. The results will depend on your beliefs about how matter and spirit work together.
You may end up with nothing but a kidney stone if you don't approach this work from the proper place within. So, I would by all means disregard the author's statements about spiritual alchemy being a failed school of alchemy. The spiritual work should drive a true alchemist to create the Stone. By the same token, the creation of the Stone should push one deeper into the depths of their spiritual self. I believe that's the whole point!
Anyway, it's worth reading. However, beware that it does claim that the egg does indeed come before the chicken. Whereas, I'm under the impression that which comes "first" depends on the qualities of both.

horticult
04-18-2011, 11:37 AM
With you understanding, would you shine some light on that secrecy in alchemy?

Andro
04-19-2011, 09:07 AM
If you haven't made it over certain hurdles spiritually, I'd be very careful with such processes, as they will break you down and can even kill you.

I can attest to that. I am directly aware of some individuals (belonging to certain groups) who ended up with severe depression (with a few cases even ending in suicide), as a result of not being able to spiritually make it through the black stage of the Opus. So, anyone attempting to work intimately with these energies but is not mature enough spiritually - be aware that the laboratory process is the easy part.

The greater difficulties lie with being able to handle the spiritual influx, causing radical internal re-arrangement.
So make sure you are prepared for this, make sure you are ready to withstand being taken apart to pieces and face your darkest fears.
I also personally know of a few accomplished lab alchemists who have powerful elixirs in their possession, but are wise enough to know that they are not yet internally ready for the 'marriage'.

Salazius
04-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I can attest to that. I am directly aware of some individuals (belonging to certain groups) who ended up with severe depression (with a few cases even ending in suicide), as a result of not being able to spiritually make it through the black stage of the Opus. So, anyone attempting to work intimately with these energies but is not mature enough spiritually - be aware that the laboratory process is the easy part.

The greater difficulties lie with being able to handle the spiritual influx, causing radical internal re-arrangement.
So make sure you are prepared for this, make sure you are ready to withstand being taken apart to pieces and face your darkest fears.
I also personally know of a few accomplished lab alchemists who have powerful elixirs in their possession, but are wise enough to know that they are not yet internally ready for the 'marriage'.

THIS IS SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.
Alchemy will chew you, will chew and spit out the non pure out of the psyche's deepests parts.
You will have to master all the archetypes that master you. You don't master them because you fear them, so yes, fear will come. Sadness will come, anger, and pain, and distress, like a scream coming out of a black hole in you and infusing all what you are. Vulgar suicide can come to mind yes. Some did, a good friend of mine last week wanted to put an end to his physical existence. I totally understand.

Some old texts in alchemy speak of long life, long life for Paracelsus was a normal life for us nowadays. They wanted to have a long life in order to work for The Work. But after all, after an ingestion of True Stone, what else could 'poop out' from this world ? You found the gem. Do you have an interest to stay (if you have no agenda or mission, or family) ? Long life ? No, Alchemy is a permanent suicide. Until you found the pill, you take it, and you're over. Game over. You're healed when you're "dead", you are healed by a Life intake.

Nothing, nothing better.

SHD

Chenkel
04-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Here here. That's another reason this text is dangerous. I've been keeping an eye on his forum, and it's clear that the whole thing is a work in progress. He's making ongoing edits to the text as he learns. He fully admits he's only in his 'black stage'. Even if he's onto something here (I don't think so) this is like putting a drug on the market without testing it... or even making it. ...and then letting the hopes of others dangle in the gap between hypothesis and reality. Bad form.

I'm really curious about this person/text. He seems extremely well read, but I can't understand why he's made some of the conclusions he's made. Like, for example, how can someone who quotes the Sophic Hydrolith think that alchemy does not have a spiritual aspect? Blows my mind.

Road
06-03-2011, 12:21 AM
~Someone Who Has So Badly Misunderstood The Ancients Could Never Arrive In Actuality At The Summit. This Wholly Sophistical Work Will Come To Nothing; There Is Thus No Danger In It.

Andro
06-03-2011, 06:54 AM
~Someone Who Has So Badly Misunderstood The Ancients Could Never Arrive In Actuality At The Summit. This Wholly Sophistical Work Will Come To Nothing; There Is Thus No Danger In It.

If we believe in the concept of 'Danger', then 'Danger' can certainly come from many things.

It can come from 'getting lucky' by stumbling upon some ancients practices and parroting them without the necessary spiritual readiness.

But it can just as well come from misunderstanding the ancients and trigger other types of undesirable energies (or simply blowing oneself up).
✂----------------------------------------------

Road
06-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Certainly True; However I Intended Merely To State That This Man And His Work Pose No Danger To The Art Itself. That Which Has Remained Concealed Will Continue To Remain Concealed, In Spite Of Him.

Salazius
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
The ingredient is urine. I understand this may sound strange, and suspiciously convenient, on first hearing, however, there is sound and logical reasoning for the Stone to be made from urine. page 53

This is not wise. He gave until then a very nice explanation, and then, he ruins everything with this phrase.

kati
09-26-2011, 01:48 PM
I have always been interested in the lost knowledge of ancient times. I read various books on the topics that no longer people talk about. I have been a regular user of forgottenbooks.org and they have released some great books which had been lost in print. Last week i visited the website again and i saw that they have released a new book on Alchemy which had been lost in prints. The book of Aquarius is the name of the book and its about the knowledge and power of alchemy. I had always been interested in alchemists and so i downloaded the ebook which was free. I read the book and i became a fan instantly. The author seems to know a lot about Alchemy and power of nature. I am so impressed by the author and his writing and read some pages over and over again. I would like to quote a few lines from the book here..

The purpose of this book is to release one particular secret, which has been kept hidden for the last 12,000 years. The Philosophers' Stone, Elixir of Life, Fountain of Youth, Ambrosia, Soma, Amrita, Nectar of Immortality. These are different names for the same thing.

Throughout history this secret has been used by a very few to extend their lives hundreds of years in perfect health, with access to unlimited wealth, among many other miraculous properties. Some kept the secret because they understood that the time was not right for the secret to be free for all people, but most kept the secret out of their own jealousy, ignorance, egotism and corruption.

The Stone's history and the history of the human race up until this day is a strange story full of secret societies, hooded cloaks, and mystical symbols. Such theatrics are childish and shallow. It's pointless to look for the light in the shadows.

The Philosophers' Stone operates and is made by entirely natural and scientific means. Truth is always simple, beautiful and easy to understand.

The Philosophers' Stone is real; you can make it at home. The Stone makes old people young, heals all forms of sickness and disease, extends your life, turns any metal into gold, and more, as you will learn. This isn't a myth or a metaphor, it's a fact.

Don't judge this book before you've read it. This is not one of those airy fairy books written in all kinds of mystical language, filling pages with words that makes sentences but not sense. This book will make more sense than anything you've ever read before.

The age of secrets is over. I'm writing this book in common English. There's no need for mystical language or metaphor. This book contains no hidden meaning or codes; everything is stated plainly and directly, in the shortest and simplest of words necessary to convey the meaning.

I know not many people will believe this. But i would like it if people just take a look at the book. I am working to make my own philosopherís stone and i would like to have some fellow members of the forum to be interested in the idea. The Pdf and the audiobook version of the book is free and can be downloaded from the website
http://www.bookofaquarius.forgottenbooks.org

Please read the book at least once and let me know what you think about it. I would like to discuss this topic with other people. Cheers.

Awani
09-26-2011, 02:23 PM
I merged you thread with a thread we already have on this book. It is always suspect when a new members first post is promoting something (even if it is a free product). I am only speaking from experience, and want to be proved wrong:)

Read this whole thread as we have discussed this topic somewhat already. Maybe you can add something to it.

Awani
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
This is not wise. He gave until then a very nice explanation, and then, he ruins everything with this phrase.
The ingredient is urine. I understand this may sound strange, and suspiciously convenient, on first hearing, however, there is sound and logical reasoning for the Stone to be made from urine. page 53

Could it be that this has something to do with the fact that some Shamanic cultures drink urine from animals that have eaten psychedelic mushrooms to achieve an altered state of consciousness?

being
10-14-2011, 02:02 PM
I came across this book today.

I would like to know: For a newbie like myself, is this a good book to read? I heard good things about it, until I saw this discussion.

I am almost done reading my first book on alchemy: Real Alchemy by Barlett , and want to pick the next book to read, is the book of Aquarius good for a beginner? I am interested in laboratory / practical alchemy.

Thanks for the advice.

Andro
10-14-2011, 02:52 PM
It would be easier to recommend literature if you were more specific as to what kind of laboratory work you would like to get started with.

Would you like to work in any particular Kingdom? (mineral, plant, animal)

Is there any particular goal/product you would like to accomplish?

Personally, I would not recommend to start working according to a book that claims to give a step by step process for the Ph. Stone, but 'The Book of Aquarius' is nevertheless interesting in other aspects.

My best advice would be too seek out reading materials concerning Natural Philosophy, before or along with studying the more 'practical' literature.

Then you could start performing simple lab operations to get acquainted with Matter (also depending on the equipment you have at your disposal).

The RAMS collection has many little treasures, and there is a good collection of alchemical texts on the rexresearch website.

Finally, I will add the recommendations of someone who's opinion I personally value a lot:

Here are the good texts for alchemy:
"Golden Chain of Homer" Kirchweger
"Treatise on the Great Art" Pernety
"Le Mystere des Cathedrales" Fulcanelli
"Opus Mago-Cabbalisticum Et Theosophicum" Welling

Good texts for spagery:
"Alchemist's Handbook" Albertus
"Spagyrics" Junius
"The Art of Distillation" French

The above and much more can be found in THIS THREAD (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2149-Value-of-texts).

being
10-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the recommendations.. To answer your question
I think my interests will follow this path: start with Spagyrics, make plant tinctures, then pick a path towards the stone (not necessarily the Phil Stone) that i could use to make elixirs for healing, and experiment with transmutation.

Andro
10-14-2011, 03:14 PM
I think my interests will follow this path: start with Spagyrics, make plant tinctures, then pick a path towards the stone (not necessarily the Phil Stone) that i could use to make elixirs for healing, and experiment with transmutation.

Sounds like a plan :)

I would also not neglect studying the Hermetic Philosophy behind the laboratory processes/operations. Be more than a mere technician :)

I would also recommend reading/following the blogs of my friends Salazius and Solomon Levi (both senior members of this Forum :)).

Good Luck!

being
10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Will do.
From my limited knowledge, humbly, I expect to try the dew path, and using urine. I also want to incorporate ormus and orgon like LR did.

driftrat
01-02-2012, 02:06 AM
The author of the 'Book of Aquarius' is Jay Weidner...a modern internet character apparently trying to build a cult following. I as well as some reasonably lucid viewers strongly disclaim his less than adequate sci-approach and simplistic interpretations apparently derived from some sorta secrete research.... just send the checks to the "Master" and get a genuine alchemy degree.

Chenkel
01-05-2012, 05:13 PM
Really? I think I remember something about Weidner doing a spot on this, but haven't heard the broadcast. Can you point me towards it?

I don't know much about Weidner. Based on my experiences with the BoA author, I feel he is from the eastern states, doesn't have anything going on in his life (the combination of his spamming, bs'ing, masquerading as 3rd parties, posting, and cutting/pasting are kinda prolific and I'm sure it takes up most his time). Probably down on his luck and trying to build enough of a long-con steady base to fuel some sort of internet endeavor (*** style). All his sources come from the web and he's likely never set foot in a university library. Not traveled. He probably has a boring name like Chris or Craig or Matt. Maybe he's just a bored twenty-something. Does this sound like Weidner?

Whoever he is, he knows that any publicity is good publicity and it might be a good idea just to flat-out delete/hide threads like these that give him play. This is not a difference of opinions about alchemy. This is about some dude on the internet who thinks it's okay to f*** with people. So I don't feel bad in using the harsh language. Thankfully he's running out of places to spam and people routinely drop out give up on him once they come to their senses. He'll go-away soon enough if we stop entertaining this sort of thing and build good alternative information. Where there is no void, the void can't be filled with nonsense.

Andro
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Where there is no void, the void can't be filled with nonsense.

Still, we should not underestimate the importance of the Void.

Chenkel
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
:) small-v 'void'

III
01-11-2012, 12:08 AM
:) small-v 'void'

We could avoid or devoid.

solomon levi
03-21-2012, 06:22 AM
I have a few criticisms of this work.
First, he doesn't putrefy the urine in the beginning of the work.
This will make quite a difference. Ammonia is alkaline.
We want to cultivate that.

"Take the Urine of Boys, which must be from the eighth to the twelfth Year, and no more; which Urine gather from those Boys in the Morning, rising out of Bed, a great quantity of which ‘tis convenient for you to have, which must be very well putrified in a Glass Vessel, the Vessel being stop’d, not to respire, two parts of which Vessel must be full, the other empty, and thus ought it to be placed in Horse Dung to putrify, till the Urine grows black, which commonly happens within forty or fifty days..." - Lully, "Testament Novissimo"

If you don't putrefy it, this is a different method where you make a gum/honey/pitch by repeatedly
evaporating and adding new fresh urine. But this is not the path he describes.

"On your first distillation, only distil half of the urine, and then calcine the remaining half, allowing the lower half of the urine to just evaporate away in the high-heat. Calcine the remaining urine until it is dry and cracked. Now you will have 250ml of urine distilled once.
For your second distillation collect another 500ml of fresh urine from the first time you urinate in the morning. Pour this onto the calcined urine at the bottom of the same retort. Again, distil only half of the urine, and calcine the remaining. You will now have 500ml of urine distilled once.
The reason for the first two distillations to be done in this way is so that you can obtain 1 liter worth of the body of the urine in order to get more white salt. The reason you distill only the first half from both batches of urine is so that the distilled urine contains the lightest particles; this is not entirely necessary but will make your distillate purer and therefore accelerate the process."

There's some things that simplify this process.
Instead of blindly distilling proportions, you can actually taste the drops that are coming
off to know when it changes from spirit to phlegm. Or maybe you can see the sign, the veins.
Anyway, if you distill over phlegm you'll just make more work and time.
Once the spirit has come over, you can evaporate it in a porcelain dish or something
instead of having to break a glass vessel open. Thus you don't have to worry about cracking your
glass with heat either.

"1 liter worth of the body of the urine in order to get more white salt..."

He means 1 liter of spirit of urine - of course impure if you use his method of proportions.
"more white salt" This must refer to the volatile sal ammoniac. Putrefying would give him more white salt.
Now he has to calcine the earth again and it isn't any more pure because he added fresh urine. This wastes time.

"For all further distillations, pour the distilled urine back onto the calcined body in the retort, distill the distilled urine again, then calcine again. You should distill the first 90% of the distilled urine each time, and just evaporate away the remaining 10% before the calcination, so after every distillation you will have slightly less than the time before. Pour the same distilled urine back on again, distill again, calcine again. Repeat the distillation/calcination again and again. At the end you should have 100 - 150ml of distilled urine, which is around 10% of the original volume of urine."

If you distill the spirit cleanly the first time, there's no need to add it back on again at this time and have to
carefully distill again. Well, it does still need to be rectified. But one can instead calcine and then wash
with distilled water and calcine, etc. - all in an open vessel - evaporations, not distillations.
Collect the crystals and reserve; continue washing and evaporating and collecting all you can.
These crystals have nothing to do with the spirit. The spirit has a volatile salt; the earth has a fixed one.

"Congratulations! You now have the mercury (distilled urine) and sulphur (white salt) of the Sages."

We can call these mercury and sulphur, relatively. But they are also Luna (spirit and volatile salt) and
Venus (fixed salt nitre). When the lunar crescent is joined to the (top of the) copper glyph, we have our mercury.
For this union, the Venus and Luna must be very pure, as he says.

"I really recommend spending extra time on the First Part to ensure that the white salt and distilled urine are extremely well purified. If you skip a couple of distillations at this stage, you won't have saved time, you'll have made the Second Part take months longer."

MarkostheGnostic
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
For your perusal. No wonder the symbol for Phosphorus is 'P.' :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIGOF_In9BM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTb640Rbq74

http://i43.tinypic.com/52bdrn.jpg

Chenkel
03-22-2012, 06:42 AM
Ha! Thanks for that Solomon. Reading his crazytalk forum is good for a laugh.

The Easter Bunny is real and can be made from marmalade!
Uh... I hate to break it to you kid -- the Easter Bunny is real but he lives in our hearts.
How do you know unless you try to make the Easter Bunny?
If you say so... okay... how do I do it?
We use my Grandmaís marmalade recipe!
And youíve done this before?
No.
Uh.....
But letís all try this thing together... itíll only take 6 months. Wouldnít the world be a better place with more Easter Bunnies!? There would be so much chocolate the economy would explode and also we could bring baby chickens back to life as long as they werenít decomposing.
Whatever. Fine. Tell me more about your recipe.
Well. My grandma used some weird words, no measurements, and probably wasnít even trying to make the Easter Bunny... but using my mad fishing skills Iíve figured it all out and turned it into my own recipe.
Ok... Wait... The recipe doesnít make much sense to me... Letís use my grandmaís recipe.
Your grandma was a fraud.
What?
She never made the Easter Bunny.
Itís a marmalade recipe...
Respect my marmalade recipe. Read it again.
Iíve read it. You might make yourself a half decent marmalade but letís talk about this banana ingredient.... and do you seriously think that this is going to result in the Easter Bunny? Did your grandma even really write this or did you just use bits and pieces of all her different recipes?
Why are you even here if you donít like my recipe? It only takes 7 years! Iím on the right path because the bananas are turning black!
Bananas do that.
Now they are turning white just like my grandma said they would.
Theyíre going moldy.
Well if you know so much, why havenít you made the Easter Bunny???
I havenít tried. Itís the same reason I havenít tried to make Santa out of a bowl full of jelly. Iím just smarter than that.

solomon levi
03-23-2012, 11:36 AM
:)
Thanks for the video links! really cool.

psykopanther
03-06-2014, 12:54 AM
not trying to bring up this thread unless others have more up to date experience. rather urine can be used for the work may sound as crazy as blood and semen to some. either way, the author now has a new book. Alchemy Deciphered.

from his webpage here. i have not read it yet, just seen it. Looks like its still a collection of quotes but more sensibly organized so far.

http://www.alchemy.ws/

Eshai
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Well, I noticed the poem on that page doesn't match the SHA1 hash given in the BoA. Other than that, I am looking forward to grinding through this one. Thanks for the update.

TUNGSTEN
03-21-2014, 08:39 PM
not trying to bring up this thread unless others have more up to date experience. rather urine can be used for the work may sound as crazy as blood and semen to some. either way, the author now has a new book. Alchemy Deciphered.

from his webpage here. i have not read it yet, just seen it. Looks like its still a collection of quotes but more sensibly organized so far.

http://www.alchemy.ws/

When was published the update book?

Draconisnova
05-05-2014, 11:16 PM
He will never realize that the true putrefaction is of the gold itself, is the gold that turn black when it be dissolved by the alkahest, and that the alkahest is in truth the body of the Green Lion and the blood of the Red Lion, the Lion bites the Sun, and the Sun bleeds, or as you see in the Splendour Solis Solis, the Sun turns back when it sets on the horizon.
So much days nights, so much effort, so much dedication, and in the end, no glory in winning this great battle, all i can see now is misery and death, a rotting throne on top of the dead carcasses eaten by crows and flies...