PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Andro
03-30-2011, 04:41 AM
An amazing show IMO, especially the 6th (last) season. But I recommend watching the entire show.

For the discerning eye, it contains major keys regarding the archetypal origin and manifestation of Mercurius Vitae and its condensation into a Water, due to the presence of certain archetypal conditions.

For those who haven't seen the series, you can watch it online for free HERE (http://putlockers.ch/watch-lost-tvshow-online-free-putlocker.html).

It can gradually answer many questions you may have about the mysteries of Nature and Art - be they philosophical, spiritual or practical.

Enjoy :cool:

Andro
03-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Interesting dialog between Lost's most mysterious characters, Jacob and his nameless antagonist:

Nameless: You're trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?
Jacob: You ARE wrong.
Nameless: Am I? They come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt. It always ends the same.
Jacob: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
Nameless: Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you?
Jacob: Yes.
Nameless: One of these days, sooner or later, I'm going to find a loophole, my friend.
Jacob: When you do, I'll be right here.
Nameless: Always nice talking to you, Jakob.
Jacob: Nice talking to you, too.

You can watch the scene HERE (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SPqImu_kz8).

Andro
04-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Here's video snapshot from 'Lost', Jacob reading a book.

The title is a well known philosophical aphorism.

But the image on the book cover really caught my attention.

Reminded me of 'Columba Diana' ;)

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/androgynus_album/JacobsBook.png

Albion
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Upon reading your recommendation, I began checking out the Lost series from my local Library. Finally finished the sixth season a few days ago! Not having had television reception my entire adult life, this was [other than the DVD’s of the short-lived “Serenity” series] the first show I’ve followed since “Kung Fu” back in the ‘70’s.

It took awhile for me to adjust to the way these people were [for the sake of creating dramatic tension] scripted to treat one another [without reacting to the screen] but, getting past that, what an incredible, creative, intricately designed show! Flash backs, flash forwards, flash sideways, numerous literary references [perhaps playfully building on the old question of “What one book would you bring to a desert island?” Interestingly for me one member of the shipwrecked French crew had brought Kierkegaard’s “Fear and Trembling” a book which played an important role in my life when I was led to it long ago], and an ongoing theme of “Life is not what it seems.”

Well, I can scarcely do that grand creative endeavor justice in a forum post. The conceptual and emotional resolutions of the final season were gratifying enough for me to consider the overall 90+ viewing hours well spent.

As for the Alchemical references, be they intended, simply intuitively inspired, or a mix of the two, I believe it may be awhile before I will be able to mine that aspect of the show. But now that I have the database to reference, I’ll be ready to see the connections when the time arrives.

Thanks!
__________________________________________________ ________________

Semi-off-topic. Just for fun: Lost: Terry O'Quinn Throwing From Handle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmtB7FSVN8

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w78/fishbiscuit_photos/LA%20X/lost6x01-0768.jpg

Andro
05-31-2011, 02:56 PM
As for the Alchemical references, be they intended, simply intuitively inspired, or a mix of the two, I believe it may be awhile before I will be able to mine that aspect of the show.

THIS EPISODE (http://putlockers.ch/watch-lost-tvshow-season-6-episode-15-online-free-putlocker.html), along with the Finale and the background of the entire show (especially the last season), are enough to start deciphering the heavy Alchemical subtext.

Glad you found the patience to watch it, and found it worth your while!

I was totally hooked and couldn't get myself away from the screen until it was over. I barely even slept :)

Ghislain
05-31-2011, 03:03 PM
I saw the whole program up until [spoiler removed :)].... then I missed the rest. How many episodes did I miss?

I may try and catch up with it... would be nice to see the conclusion... If there was one... was there?

Ghislain

Andro
05-31-2011, 03:11 PM
How many episodes did I miss?

From your description, it seems you only cave to catch the remainder of the last (6th) season. See the link in the thread starter to watch it online, if you wish.

There is a conclusion as much as there can be such a thing as a conclusion :)

Still, apparently, not enough of a conclusion for many viewers - but definitely enough for me!

And it is equally about the amazing journey as it is about how it 'concludes'.

PS: Maybe you should edit your post above to remove the spoilers :)

Albion
05-31-2011, 04:21 PM
I was totally hooked and couldn't get myself away from the screen until it was over. I barely even slept :)

I know what you mean. On three occasions I stayed up all night watching one episode after another.

http://www.docarzt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/2DesmondTurnstheKey-300x169.jpg

..........http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyVZe61LdeVkvmXb73XZ85REdutrCVb wQnnI3CvGmleD2bSNXi.........

........http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREjBVI1FXrIBcPH2jIZgdY2dxzGydzd w5lCm9DQ6S8aGLSgyZalDOSYL4.........

Andro
05-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Deciphering the heavy Alchemical subtext.

For starters, we have 'The Source' / 'The Light' / 'The Heart of the Island' / 'The Water' (Healing and Initiation).

Also, the healing properies of the Island and what causes them, the special abilities of Jakob & Bro, Desmond and also Miles and Hurley to some extent.

Ghislain
06-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Only just read this since posting. The option to edit has gone :(

perhaps Dev can edit it

Ghislain

[I've removed the spoiler... finally... :) A.]

solomon levi
12-15-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm just finishing up the 5th season. This is truly the best show in terms of revelations that I've seen
from television - equal to the Matrix movies. Can't wait for the 6th/finale to see what more will come.
I've been watching it on Netflix.

One amazing aspect is what I have been recently speaking about where the center of the magnet manifests
the poles and not vice-versa. Whatever they do in the past or future versions doesn't change the present (so far).
In alchemical terms, and nonduality, whatever EFFORT, whatever horizontal time cause-and-effect choices and
actions we do or make, they cannot alter vertical time/the eternal now/the neutral center of the magnet.
To say it differently, none of the notes, tones, or chords can change the basic template/archetype of the octave.
Or, all of the frequencies, no matter how fast or slow, how dense or subtle, are still "here", and cannot change
the holographic fractal exponential nature of experience.

Albion mentioned books, as did Androgynus. Did you notice young Ben gave Sayid a copy of Castaneda's
"A Separate Reality" when he was imprisoned and said he read it twice. :)

Ghislain, you were somewhere in the 5th season. Probably just best to start 5 from the beginning.

I've been devouring the episodes rabidly as well. I'll probably watch the whole 6th season today. :)

Andro
12-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm just finishing up the 5th season. This is truly the best show in terms of revelations that I've seen
from television - equal to the Matrix movies. Can't wait for the 6th/finale to see what more will come.

Cheers to that :)

Even surpassing the Matrix movies, if you ask me... in terms of depth, detail, character building, storyline(s) and philosophical bandwidth :)

The 6th season tops them all IMO, and is most directly linked with Alchemy and Spiritus/Axis Mundi... not that other aspects are lacking...

At some point in the 5th season, there is a particular discussion between Hurley and Miles, which pretty much 'solves' the time-travel 'paradox' (save for one detail, which is elsewhere resolved).

"What happened, happened"

solomon levi
12-15-2012, 05:11 PM
The parallels with the Montauk Project/Philadelphia Experiment, the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, Egypt, perhaps even HAARP...
not to mention the master of green language, Jonathan Swift:
"Laputa is a fictional place from the book Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. It is a fictional flying island or rock, about 4.5 miles
in diameter, with an adamantine base, which its inhabitants can maneuver in any direction using magnetic levitation."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laputa

La puta means "the whore" and alchemically has nothing to do with Great Britain but with lust/thirst of the vaccuum/void.

This thread is going to take off. I hope everyone can watch the show and join in.

solomon levi
12-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Sad cuz I finished. What can I say?
This story is so real people probably won't get it.
And by that I mean this is what is happening to everyone -
we are on multiple planes/times simultaneously.
It was done really well IMO.
I was initiated a little deeper into what i know by watching it.
I saw more clearly than before Castaneda's teaching that we are beings who are going to die.
I saw this life as already happened, and my future is death on this timeline.
Only the identity is afraid to admit that.

I really admired how this was alchemical on many levels - lab and spiritual and psychological,
all working together as it should be.
A forum like this one is like the island - the way the flight connected them is how the forum connects us.
I'm not saying the forum is special (or not) - it is an event. Any event can be emphasized, fixed and elaborated upon
as a heaven or hell. The power of the island is the power of every star/human.

Awani
05-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Lost... I am on 2nd season and so far I am not impressed at all. Too much soap opera plots IMO. Also they drag things out. One whole season to open the hatch is stretching it. I hope it picks up soon and delivers.

I have never liked J J Abrams lens flare movies, but I will see Lost to the end. Just hope it will be worth it.

:cool:

Andro
05-02-2013, 11:47 AM
When I watched a few episodes for the first time, I was also not impressed.

The second time, I gave it a chance and kind of surrendered to it. It was worth it beyond description, even if it took some time to build up...

But it's not everyone's cup of soap...

Krisztian
05-02-2013, 02:17 PM
It's one of the few television shows I actually watched. Well, a friend lent the seasons on DVDs.

The names they use, those are hand-picked to represent certain moral truths, the one comes to mind is John Locke.

Awani
05-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Just finished season 3, it is more interesting now... just wonder how they are going to wrap it up. Seems to be quite a task.

I liked that in the season finale they good doctor was driving with Nirvana on the stereo. Yeah.

:cool: