PDA

View Full Version : Does this work? And will it work on other plants too? [Cannabis]

JDuncan
04-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Im mostly interested in wether this will work on things other then Cannabis, but the post is about Cannabis.

Alcohol Tincture
I found good recepies for three methods: Hot Extraction, the quickest extraction of cannaboids (20 minutes); suprisingly the Cold Extraction next (2-3 days); and the Warm Extraction longest (30-60 days).

--

Hot Extraction:

This is a simple and efficient 4 Step process.

Ingredients:
1/8oz high quality cannabis
2 oz Bacardi Rum – 151 proof

Process Summary:

1. Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great)

2. Place in a shallow pan (pie pan with aluminum foil works great) and bake at 325°F for 4-5 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and place cannabis and place in 2 oz of rum (use a small wide mouth mason jar)

4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture between 150°F – 165°F.

5. Strain the mixture and store.

Dosage:
One eyedropper is very nice. Two puts you in space. But you should self-titrate. Effects take about 1.5 hours to begin (at least in myself) and lasted for 5 hours (1 dropper) to 7-8 hours (2 droppers).

Process details—references and rationalizations:
1. Chop the cannabis—more surface area gives means a faster and more efficient extraction.

2. Bake the cannabis.
In whole-plant cannabis, THC content is expressed as THCA (tetrahydrocannabolic acid) prior to decarboxylation into THC, which takes place when cannabis is heated during cooking, and smoked or vaporized ingestion. THCA is a mild analgesic and anti-inflammatory but does not have good affinity with our CB1 receptors, so in order to make a THC-rich tincture that has many of the same therapeutic effects as smoked ingestion (including rapid absorption, quick relief and ease of self-titration), we must convert the THCA in the plant matter into THC prior to extracting it through an alcohol soak. (from Vancouver Island Compassion Society http://thevics.com/cannamist.htm)
THC vaporizes at about 380°F. We want to heat the cannabis to convert THCA to THC, but keep the temperature under 380°F. That is why 325°F is used. Between four and five minutes your oven (and house) will start to smell very strong. This is the time to remove the cannabis from the oven.

Notice also that there is considerable misinformation regarding heating the cannabis. It is true that you don't have to heat it to extract both THC and THCA, but the amount of THC in whole plant preparations is relatively small compared to after decarboxylation of the THCA. So if you want to maximize the strength of your tincture you must heat the cannabis prior to extraction.

3. Use the highest proof alcohol available. In my area this was Bacardi 151. The more alcohol the more efficient the extraction will be.

4. Simmer the mixture.
This is one of the areas that seems to be most debated. Many recipes call for placing the cannabis (unbaked of course) into the alcohol and waiting 2 – 6 weeks. The main concern with heating the alcohol is that it is “explosive” (not exactly true...it is however flammable).

The purpose of the simmering is to heat the alcohol mixture to improve extraction rates and efficiencies. Heating during extraction increases the motion of the molecules (basic physics/chemistry) and drastically decreases extraction times. The boiling point of pure ethanol is 173°F (78°C). We will use the water bath to heat the rum/cannabis mixture to just below the boiling point of ethanol.

Heating the alcohol mixture can be done very safely using a hot water bath. You will need an accurate candy or quick read thermometer. Place about 1 inch of water in a wide, vertical-edged pan (9” wide x 3” high). Bring the water to a low simmer. The rum/cannabis mixture should be in a small (1 pint) mason jar. Do NOT cover the jar.

Put the thermometer into the mason jar and place into the simmering water bath. Bring the temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture to about 165°F (I maintain it between 150°F and 165°F). You want the alcohol mixture to be just barely moving (not boiling, but showing active convection within the mixture). If the mixture starts to bubble too much, just turn down the water bath.

You should have the oven fan on high. You will notice that any alcohol fumes are mixed with water vapor from the water bath and vented out the fan. This combined with the fact that you are trying not to boil the ethanol makes the process quite safe.

5. Strain, titrate, and store.
When you are finished with the extraction you will be left with about 1oz of green dragon tincture. Note that one ounce of the alcohol has evaporated.

Now you should test your eyedropper. In my test 34 full droppers equaled one ounce of liquid (this is a little less than one gram of liquid per dropperful as 29g equals 1ounce).

The liquid should be dark green and smell like cannabis.

6. Dosage.
Everybody is probably different. It takes me 1.5 hours to feel the effects of eating cannabis. Similarly this tincture also takes 1.5 hours to take effect.

I had tried a tincture someone had made using the cold extraction method with the same amount of cannabis and found that 5 droppers did pretty much nothing.

Using my Green Dragon technique I find that one dropper will bring effects on in 1.5 hours and last 5 hours with 1.5 hours of lingering aftereffects.

Two droppers gave me a "spiritual dose" (as strong as any brownie I ever had). Effects lasted 7-8 hours with lingering effects for 2 more hours.

This means that 1/8oz of good cannabis yields about 30-34 doses of tincture (1 dropperful is really all I need). And is much more pleasant than smoking (which really is bad for you and your lungs and the reason I've stopped smoking entirely).

Taken from http://www.rollitup.org/cooking-cannabis/125137-alcohol-tincture.html

Aleilius
04-28-2011, 11:52 PM
It's a basic solvent extraction process. Yes it will work. Change the solvents (polarity), and you can extract different components. NP extracts might be active, and the P might not. Some P extracts might be active, and some NP might not.

JDuncan
05-03-2011, 06:44 AM
P and NP meaning Passive or Non-Passive Respectfully?

theFool
05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
P and NP meaning Passive or Non-Passive Respectfully?
Polar (like water) and Non Polar (like benzene, CCl4). Ethanol, acetone and their water mixtures, are something between polar and non polar solvents. An easy non polar solvent is butane.

JDuncan
07-06-2011, 04:40 PM
So i finally got around to trying to make this, and i seem to have failed. That or i need a bigger dose (trying it today). Is there a chance that the type of booze i used just wasn't right? I used Taboo Absinthe (http://tabooabsinthe.com/home.html) which is made here in BC.

Anyone got an opinion ?
Jon

solomon levi
07-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Absinthe has so many other plants in it, I don't think it's a good idea to use it.
Though not as strong, 100 proof vodka would probably work and be much cleaner, being merely alcohol and water.
Or if you live in a state or country that sells Everclear, it is 190 proof clean alcohol and water.

Goldlion973
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Hmmmm... no other attempts at this, generally sounds like a weaker standard process. Why not go the whole hog and separate its essentials, am hoping to try this but will definitely go about it the alchemical way and 'reunite it' with its planet afterward. The info on heating it to have it convert the THC was interesting but perhaps not necessary if its sulphur is to be extracted anyway.

lwowl
09-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Hmmmm... no other attempts at this, generally sounds like a weaker standard process. Why not go the whole hog and separate its essentials, am hoping to try this but will definitely go about it the alchemical way and 'reunite it' with its planet afterward. The info on heating it to have it convert the THC was interesting but perhaps not necessary if its sulphur is to be extracted anyway.

If you want to do it alchemically consider this:
http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/Saga2.htm

lwowl

Goldlion973
09-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Interesting... separates itself... would have thought that fermentation would have the sulfur mix in with the alcohol, personally use J.Reids course... would have put the herb though an oil distillation first, obtained the sulpur, fermented half of it, obtain its mercury, macerate the other half in the mercury and use the phlem from fermentation to leech the salts. In the way mentioned, how is the toads skin surviving the distillation? Will have to write it out of ye' olde english and give it a try.

lwowl
09-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Interesting... separates itself... would have thought that fermentation would have the sulfur mix in with the alcohol, personally use J.Reids course... would have put the herb though an oil distillation first, obtained the sulpur, fermented half of it, obtain its mercury, macerate the other half in the mercury and use the phlem from fermentation to leech the salts. In the way mentioned, how is the toads skin surviving the distillation? Will have to write it out of ye' olde english and give it a try.

John Reid's course is very thorough. You can distil the Mercury first but you will need steam distillation apparatus. It is not necessary unless you intend to make the Philosophers Vegetable Stone, a great work in esoteric Spagyria. Considerable lab skill is necessary for that undertaking.

You could follow the dry path if you can regulate the fire precisely and catch everything that rises without burning the dry cured massa. This requires specialized equipment (Humbaba). This is still a great Spagyric work. If you burn it then you will have to toss it out or switch modes and attempt the Grand Arcanum: the lab Alchemy part which is not Spagyria.

The Sulfur is the heavy oils. The Mercury is the light oils. The Mercury is the Queen. The Sulfur is the King. The Queen is carried aloft by the Spirit of Sweet cane (clear Caribbean rum) distilled from the rum soaked massa. The King is too heavy to mount the Spirit for he is held to the waters by the Venomous Toad. He must be cleansed of this venomous dross by skinning the Toad. Then you will have the Philosophical bitumen or asphaltum: the Black King. The Black King and White Queen unite in the Spirit and consummate their intercourse in the Phoenix Nest (honeymoon chamber): incinerated massa after extraction of Mercury and Sulfur by the Sweet Cane Spirit.

If you’re wondering about the Salt, it is in the Phoenix Nest. After the Mysterium Conjunctionis its Spirit is hidden within the new Body of the united Spirit (Mercury) [Queen] and Soul (Sulfur) [King]. Its Soul is hidden within the Great Cain Earth.

There is considerably more Philosophy to the Great Cain that common THC. Much has been buried by the THC mythos. If you can make the Great Cain Elixir you will be amazed at the transcendent vistas and the health benefits. The Great Cain Earth that remains after you separate the golden elixir will instantly neutralized stings and bites of insects and spiders. It instantly wipes out symptoms from poison ivy and poison oak.

lwowl

Ezalor
09-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Just mentioning that REAL Vodka is NOT pure alcohol and water. It does even have a flavour. But then, I drank real Vodka in Russia, and the brands they had there I have never seen anywhere else. Most popular Vodkas are not real vodka in fact, even the ones that are advertised as "real Russian". I have a bottle of Русский Стандарт premium Vodka from Moscow, but never opened it. Holding onto it for some very special occasion. :)

I don't know Everclear tho, only from hearing, so can't tell about what is it truly made of.

Goldlion973
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks for this, will take a while but I'll definitely be giving it a try.

TheAlchemist
11-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Any progress on this project?

I have thought about this one for a while, cannabis should prove to be as magical or more IMHO than even the ENS Melissa using the lemon balm plant type.......

Both the easy methods with Spagyrics, and the more difficult work creating a vegetable stone should be producing a very powerful medicine....

There are documented cases where the oil made from cannabis plants have been used to CURE skin cancer!

There are also of course MANY other uses for cannabis as a medicine, as well as "spiritual" values.......its use dates back to over 4 thousands years ago, and we now think it goes even further back than that!

Some of the other medicinal values are pain relief and I think it is the CBD or CBN that also acts as a anti-inflammatory that can replace drugs like ibuprofen, and work many times better!

The list goes on and on......this plant is indeed magical I think!!

I have read studies done where the cannabis plants was used at Chernobyl for example, as testing shows that the plant actually removed the radiation from the soils with its roots!!

The fibers from this plant has like a entire other WORLD of uses that range from clothes to one of the strongest known rope materials....

I do not think any other plant known to man has more uses both practical and also from a medical/spiritual viewpoint.......

I mean this plant if grown correctly could save us from needing to cut down all these wonderful tree's and forest lands that the earth NEEDS so badly....how anyone could cut down a 120 year old oak tree and make a couch out of it or a table, is INSANE to me.....especially when it is not needed.

This plant could really change the world......why everyone is not working with this plant is beyond me.....the potential seems almost endless IMHO.

I have several experiments under way, one being from a wine that I made myself, and then distilled to maturity, in which the plant leaves, stems and buds are all soaking and have been for almost 2 years now......the other one is soaking in a combination of a gin and vodka that was distilled to increase the alcohol percentages.....

I also am making a apple moonshine of sorts, using a very simple recipe for "mash" which will ferment for 2 weeks and then get cooked/distilled, and will then use this for another cannabis experiment....using the same soaking method.

For the last one using my home made mash that should burn a bright blue flame when ignited in a dish.....I will be trying to make the vegetable stone using the method of separation of the 3 essentials and then combining them back in an rectified form....

I was thinking that if some of these experiments are successful.....you should have a elixir that will allow a conversation with God!! ::)

Cheers!

lwowl
12-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Any progress on this project?

I have thought about this one for a while, cannabis should prove to be as magical or more IMHO than even the ENS Melissa using the lemon balm plant type.......

Both the easy methods with Spagyrics, and the more difficult work creating a vegetable stone should be producing a very powerful medicine....

There are documented cases where the oil made from cannabis plants have been used to CURE skin cancer!

There are also of course MANY other uses for cannabis as a medicine, as well as "spiritual" values.......its use dates back to over 4 thousands years ago, and we now think it goes even further back than that!

Some of the other medicinal values are pain relief and I think it is the CBD or CBN that also acts as a anti-inflammatory that can replace drugs like ibuprofen, and work many times better!

The list goes on and on......this plant is indeed magical I think!!

I have read studies done where the cannabis plants was used at Chernobyl for example, as testing shows that the plant actually removed the radiation from the soils with its roots!!

The fibers from this plant has like a entire other WORLD of uses that range from clothes to one of the strongest known rope materials....

I do not think any other plant known to man has more uses both practical and also from a medical/spiritual viewpoint.......

I mean this plant if grown correctly could save us from needing to cut down all these wonderful tree's and forest lands that the earth NEEDS so badly....how anyone could cut down a 120 year old oak tree and make a couch out of it or a table, is INSANE to me.....especially when it is not needed.

This plant could really change the world......why everyone is not working with this plant is beyond me.....the potential seems almost endless IMHO.

I have several experiments under way, one being from a wine that I made myself, and then distilled to maturity, in which the plant leaves, stems and buds are all soaking and have been for almost 2 years now......the other one is soaking in a combination of a gin and vodka that was distilled to increase the alcohol percentages.....

I also am making a apple moonshine of sorts, using a very simple recipe for "mash" which will ferment for 2 weeks and then get cooked/distilled, and will then use this for another cannabis experiment....using the same soaking method.

For the last one using my home made mash that should burn a bright blue flame when ignited in a dish.....I will be trying to make the vegetable stone using the method of separation of the 3 essentials and then combining them back in an rectified form....

I was thinking that if some of these experiments are successful.....you should have a elixir that will allow a conversation with God!! ::)

Cheers!

Right on!
To converse with the Universe:
http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/Saga2.htm

Cain was a farmer that grew herbs. His brother was a shepherd. God-Almighty: Enlil (Lord of the Land), El, Baal, Jehovah, Yahweh, etc., was an idiot that preferred the aroma of burning meat to the aroma of burning herb: kanubu incense. He totally mishandled the offerings incident. That dimwit god caused the murder of Abel by accepting Abel and rejecting Cain. He unwittingly evoked jealousy and despair by the unwise rejection of Cains offering (gift). Any good parent knows better than that. But then he was not the creator of the humans. His brother Enki (Lord of the Earth), Ea, the Serpent Lord, Lucifer, etc., was.

In every confrontation between them Enlil was bested by Enki until God Almighty was forced to leave Earth in shame (Book of Job). Enki's youngest son Ningizzida was the Lord of the Tree of Truth. His symbol is the caduceus. He is Tehut-Hermes. The Tree of Truth is Cannabis. When Cain was exiled so was the Tree of Truth. The Great Cane, Ti Ma, Cannabis, became an outlaw as well and traveled with the descendants of Cain.

lwowl

lwowl
04-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Roasting the Salamander is the dry way to a great medicine. Lambspring first described it but the technology of his time made it very difficult to accomplish. Of course there is more than one way to roast a salamander.
http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/Roasting_Salamander.htm

It will work on other plants too.
lwowl

black
04-02-2013, 04:16 AM
Hi lwowl

is that a mineral/metal roasting in your photos ?

Regards
Black