PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Susu
05-06-2011, 01:56 PM
I have been following this forum for more than a year now but didn't become a member until recently, mainly due to my lack of experience to give any useful input. I still don't have as much knowledge on Alchemy as many of you have but I feel that I am at least ready to ask some questions or seek advice.

I am currently a Biology student, mainly in the botanical realm, working on a minor in chemistry. I have always been interested in science and the world around us from as little as I can remember so it only makes sense that I follow in this path as oppose to a "Business" major like a lot of people I know (No offence to any out there). Religion was never a strong point for me even though I was raised buddhist. I always felt that there had to be more than absolute science or absolute religion. I was introduced to Hermetics not too long ago while diving into my interest in Alchemy and was excited to see that they are one in the same. It also gave me that comfort that my feelings on science and religion (or spirituality) was right and that there was middle ground between them. This is all a personal experience for me so if anyone feels different otherwise I'd like some input.

I'd be lying if I said I knew exactly when I came into Alchemy but honestly I don't. I only know that since I was a kid I have always been fascinated by it and decided to research it more. Of course I realize now that it is more than just primitive chemistry or "the work of the devil" but something amazing in both physical and spiritual. Hopefully, with everyone's knowledge on this forum, I would be able to get a better understanding and we can all grow in experience together.

As a last fun fact I also do Japanese swordsmanship.

Thank you everyone. =)

Susu

Aleilius
05-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi, welcome!

Awani
05-06-2011, 04:15 PM
As a last fun fact I also do Japanese swordsmanship.

That's pretty cool.

And have no fear if you lack experience... sometimes "outsiders" can think out of the box more easily than those that have buried their brains in too much alchemical lore.

:cool: