PDA

View Full Version : The Vessel

Ghislain
05-29-2011, 10:39 PM
What follows I would rather keep to myself, but I have some unanswered questions and so I want to share it and see what comes back. Publish and be damned

Vessel

6. a person regarded as a holder or receiver of something, especially something nonmaterial: a
vessel of grace; a vessel of wrath. Source (dictionary.com)

Recently I have been lead to believe that we are vessels, machines if you like...’experience machines’
for the One.

Our brain is the CPU that runs the vessel on a day to day basis and all our knowledge, however
well educated one may be, is but a drop in the ocean to what is and serves only to run the machine
for further experience, although our ego would have us believe otherwise.

Imagine the One, a single entity that encompasses everything; the creator and destroyer of all
things, a being alone in blissful wonder. This being feels no pain, sorrow, happiness or anxiety; it
doesn’t sense heat or cold, rough or smooth...and all the other experiences we take for granted, so it
creates vessels that can and platforms where all this can take place. One of the platforms is here
and we are some of the vessels. There is no good or evil just experience.

From the One ‘strands’, for want of a better word, exude into each of us and you can feel it when
you close off your monkey mind chatter. I believe this is what we call intuition ... a sort of knowing
that does not originate in the mind. We are like complex nerve endings of a single entity.
Each person’s experience is contained and kept like a memory within the One
When one raises Kundalini it connects with the strand and one feels the bliss; a sort of euphoria

I have a feeling that this is going to be revealed to all very soon. Either that or I’m going slightly insane. ;)

To quote Sherlock Holmes, “The game is afoot Watson”

I have been experiencing some Wyrd stuff over the past eight years or so and this is where it has led me.

Am I just a raving looney or has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

Ghislain.

Seth-Ra
05-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh yes, you are quite mad. :) But I'll tell you a secret: the best of people usually are. ;)

Personally, i think it is both a bit more complex than that, and also a bit more simple. I wouldnt say we are "machines" designed for the sole purpose of experience, but rather, beings designed to grow and commune with the One - walk and talk with Him in the garden, as it were. (my christianity showing. lol)

But yes, we do grow and experience things, which lead us to the next things, which gives us questions, and sometimes answers, grows our understanding, so that in those moments we connect with the One - like children, we have something grand to share, and He will share back with us. I choose not to see the universe in the metaphors of "machinery" as it implies cold, dead, programing. I like the imagery of the ouroboros better - that is to say, that the All, the One, is alive - we are alive, all is alive and growing and moving and changing, yet remaining, all the time, all around us and in us - its not "programming" - its simply, Living. :)

No need to fret or worry, if youre crazy, then we all are, the world should hope to be so lucky. ;)

Be well Ghislain.

~Seth-Ra

Albion
05-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Ghislain, I enjoyed your post. What follows is mostly just me pondering off on a tangent formed from elements brought up in your post, and a sub-theme in another thread - more so than a proper response to your overall presentation. In other words, I’m not setting you up as having a ground that I’m somehow attempting to undercut.
__________________________________________________ _______

It’s always worthwhile to consider the relative applicability one’s primary organizing metaphors:

“We are in a Game/Puzzle.”

“Life is a School.”

“We are on a Prison Planet.”

“Humans are Bio-robots.”

“We exist within a greater Organism.”

“It’s a Clockwork [antiquated metaphor] / Holographic Universe.”

I tend to think that all metaphors/similes/models [analogies] have an ambit of usefulness and a point at which the match between map and territory begins to break down.

Once upon a time, when clocks represented the near pinnacle of human mechanical ingenuity, it was only natural to transpose the clock metaphor onto the regularity perceived in the motions/cycles of heavenly bodies. This metaphor was valid to some degree but scarcely accounted for everything. Those who tried to filter all incoming data into a “clockwork mechanism” model only served to truncate their perceived universe.

Now the “Holographic Universe” model is popular but, given that this too is based on current technological discoveries [however more sophisticated, and therefore useful, it might be than it’s previous model] I imagine that one day, in the not too distant future, its relative limitations will also become apparent. Not that it will be absolutely invalidated - just seen within an even more sophisticated context.

As for the examples above, there is a sense in which we are in a prison of sorts. But any school [I mean even a good one] can also be like a prison to those who don’t quite know what use to make of their time there. I’ve tried on the “Prison Planet” cap for a month or two and it didn't really suit me.

There is also a “Biorobot” aspect to life. We find ourselves inhabiting bodies [with DNA programming] in a family and culture [with societal programming] and, for some time and to some degree, we live out those programs.

I imagine that most everyone questions their programming now and then. Then there are those who really take it upon themselves to [attempt to] reexamine all their premises. That they can do so seems to imply that there is an aspect of themselves - of both will and awareness - beyond all programming. If that is the case, then they never were absolutely biorobots. To one degree or another they willfully gained mastery over their bodies, emotions and mind [not that such was even their central concern].

Perhaps it could be said that they did so because life was, to them, a School or Training Ground to matriculate through - or a Puzzle/Game to work through.

Games are not all competitive. The million-odd people who work on the NY Times crossword puzzle every morning are accepting the challenge of a game to push themselves, to learn new words, to exercise their memory, to grow new dendrites, to enter into the space, or the arena of expertise, of the author of the puzzle.

One thing I like about the overarching metaphors of “Game” and “School” is that they both include the individual as a factor. I don’t mean “ego” in its disparaging usage but an individual expression of awareness [that can even notice one’s lesser self presumptions and willfully die to them] that may well be “of” the greater mystery, as a living subset, yet not thereby necessarily obliterated - as though they were ultimately mutually exclusive.

As far as the “Universe as Organism” model goes, Organelle is a site you might find philosophically rewarding:

Opening Page:
http://www.organelle.org/

Index Page [bit of a maze to get to it from the page above]:

http://www.organelle.org/organelle/index3.html

Skybook presents a good overview:

http://www.organelle.org/organelle/skyBook/skyBook.html

There are a number of semi-hidden passageways to some of the material, which adds a nice cryptic touch.

Maybe we are in/of a greater Organism that is replicating. So we are in a School/Training Ground developing as offspring in an utterly challenging Game/Puzzle that requires our full devotion/attention/willpower to overcome a variety of programming levels [some of which were put into play by the “Prison Guard“ function of the Game], utilizing numerous Holographic facets/incarnations…

But even that is just a simplistic playful sketch.

Albion
05-30-2011, 01:28 PM
I neglected to mention the proposition “Life is [like] a Dream [to wake up from].”

Like the other metaphors, I feel this has its genuine ambit of usefulness which then begins to break down if it is taken to extremes. Certainly as we work intuitively, mindfully, with our deeper awareness we gradually disidentify with mental/emotional constructs and desires which, in retrospect are seen as provisional, more or less unreal fabrications. And I suppose it could be said that there are no “things” in and of themselves, as such. But I don’t believe it is possible to make a sound logical progression from this to a position of stating that “it’s all illusory” [except for utilitarian effect]. All illusory compared to what?

One could just as easily declare that all phenomena are involved, to varying degrees, with the originary sponsoring reality but that one is called to awaken from attachment/identification with it on various levels. If a dreamscape becomes an effectual bridge to what is more “real” then it served a real, if provisional/dispensable function and thereby partook of reality. If, for example, one can learn eternal alchemical principles in a world of elements and seasons then these elements and seasons were a reflective image or stepped down echo of those principles which a real individuated awareness could learn of reality from. Or so it seems to me.

But, getting back to your post: Where, along the spectrum from “The One” to "Experience-gathering Machine" would you locate your identity? Or are you an epiphenomenon of the confluence of the two, something else, or all of the above?

A conventional recreational diver may don a suit that allows him to enter a subterranean world so as to have delightful experiences but many divers take the plunge not merely to gather experiences but to learn from them. They may well be enraptured on one level but, on another, they want to gain understanding, say, of the ecosystem or submerged civilizations. Transposing this scenario to your model, would you say The One wants to learn through your experience or also wants to experience your learning? Does The One enjoy the experience of waking up in individuation? Could it be that you have a "higher self" which is gaining experience, learning, game-playing through multiple simultaneous incarnations [that "higher self" being your primary individualtion of/from "The One?"]?

As a side note, I find that I can never get to an Absolute Numerical One that isn’t some sort of sustained effort of conceptual projection. The sort of “oneness” that I might enter into when I let go seems more like a trinity that allows for multiplicity. So, to me, even the notion of “Oneness” [although I know what people intend to point to when they use the term] seems only relatively true but prone to oversimplification if the relational dynamic is jettisoned in favor of an abstraction. Of course “Trinity” [a word which is not even mentioned in the New Testament] as a concrete mental abstraction is also dead. But if you take “the mystery of the Trinity“, not as a cop-out to compel religious conformity but rather as a sort of Zen Koan that the logical mind cannot crack but one can only surrender into, then you find yourself within and of a dynamic relational unity that is not simply a numerical one void of otherness. Not being dogmatic here, just playing, you know, the “reconciling the one with the many” thing.

When you said “Imagine the One, a single entity that encompasses everything; the creator and destroyer of all things, a being alone in blissful wonder…” I was reminded of the writings of Robert Fay on the Eductive Future Group Blog.

http://eductivefuturegroup.com/what-is-the-illusion-about/

http://eductivefuturegroup.com/category/one-cell-to-man-to-machine-to-failure/

http://eductivefuturegroup.com/explanation-of-the-new-story/

http://eductivefuturegroup.com/category/explanation-of-the-new-story-now-the-thwarting-contract-is-over/batteries-go-dry/

http://www.irreverentreluctantfuturist.com/id102.php

Etc…

He has a very interesting and unique presentation. It may take a while to understand his use of terms [some of which are new] but, well, there’s something there I can’t quite dismiss.

Anyway, it’s all a mystery to me.

Ghislain
05-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Seth-Ra

Thank you for your reply, in which you wrote " beings designed to grow and commune with the One - walk and talk with Him in the garden, as it were."

Would we really have something to say that He would not already know?

I believe "words" belong in the physical plane of the machine mind and it is for this reason it is hard to explain what it is one feels.

Then you wrote,"I choose not to see the universe in the metaphors of "machinery" as it implies cold, dead, programing."

When you drive a car it is not the programming that is in charge it is the driver. While the car is being driven it is far from cold or dead.

Albion

Thank you for your reply and the many links...I did look at them but for two reasons did not complete them.

1. I am a slow reader it would take me forever to get through the text, let alone try to understand it, however some of what I read I really connected to.

2. I have a very busy schedule and would have to let something else lapse to give it the time it deserved.

I like to feel rather than learn. Does that make sense? Learning from others may incorporate a third party agenda where feeling comes from the horse’s mouth so to speak.

Since a young boy I sometimes get a feeling I can only explain as realising that I am me. After trying to explain this to the best of my abilities I have asked many people if they have had this same feeling.
I really thought that everyone would know what I meant and say yes, but they didn't. Recently a close friend of mine knew exactly what I meant and I got him to explain it to me and to my surprise what
he explained was close to my experience. I should have asked him years ago :)

Then I read in one of your links, "If you can “See” yourself, then you can connect to what can not be seen.", that struck a chord.

You asked,

Where, along the spectrum from “The One” to "Experience-gathering Machine" would you locate your identity?

This is something that I have been asking myself. Perhaps ‘self’ is an illusion created by the brain to explain ones reason for existence, the ego. We are reasoning here, but maybe what we see as complex reasoning is nothing but a simplistic sub-routine of what we are. I want to believe I am more, but just because I want it does not make it so.

You wrote

I imagine that one day, in the not too distant future, its relative limitations will also become apparent. Not that it will be absolutely invalidated - just seen within an even more sophisticated context.

Is this not similar to what I felt?

Ghislain I have a feeling that this is going to be revealed to all very soon. Either that or I’m going slightly insane.

You asked,

would you say The One wants to learn through your experience or also wants to experience your learning?

I once got the feeling that the experiencing was totally recreational. What I couldn’t get from this feeling was whether I was involved in this recreation or just a conduit for it.

Ghislain

Seth-Ra
05-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Seth-Ra

Thank you for your reply, in which you wrote " beings designed to grow and commune with the One - walk and talk with Him in the garden, as it were."

Would we really have something to say that He would not already know?

I believe "words" belong in the physical plane of the machine mind and it is for this reason it is hard to explain what it is one feels.

You make a good point - but id have to say that the point is not us telling Him something He doesnt already know. When a child learns something new, does it not warm the heart for them to share it with you, and then eagerly listen as you explain a little more to them? That which is All encompassing and Perfected unto itself/Himself has no need to grow, for He is - it is about our growth; to become like Them, and in that moment, having a deeper relationship - like being able to, as an adult, stand on equal footing with your Father/Mother/whomever and the relationship being deeper/higher - you arent a child, you are on their level, and the conversation is unfathomable to the child who looks on.

Words are not merely what we think of as written or spoken language - they are deeper, and do not have to take a form we would normally consider to be words. The same note, the same vibration, can stir the same feeling and point in many different people, and different feelings in others. True language transcends the mere physical. (imo) :)

Then you wrote,"I choose not to see the universe in the metaphors of "machinery" as it implies cold, dead, programing."

When you drive a car it is not the programming that is in charge it is the driver. While the car is being driven it is far from cold or dead.

You are correct, i suppose my point is that we are not machines powering machines, nor machines made by a machine. The elements can compose a machine - but is the quintessence that is neither of the elements, but within them, that makes them Live and circulate in the ouroboros of reality. We may be splitting hairs due to preferred metaphors, in which case, no worries. We are all "ghosts within the shells" - i just see the shell as a malleable living shell, not a metal machine that is "fixed" like that. I dont even see the Stone as being truly fixed - but changing also, because it is only in the "Stone" form, until its used - whether made into tincture, taken straight, or placed in plant or mineral for change. All is change, All is Life circulating within the One, as One. :)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
05-31-2011, 07:08 AM
I have a feeling that this is going to be revealed to all very soon.

Yes in death. We all wake up from the game and laugh. No hell, no heaven. Only important issue is what we have learned from our experiences... and if we have not learned anything then we are sent back.

For instance Stalin might have been a bad person... but who knows what he learned before he died? Perhaps he discovered that love is the greatest gift there is... so he learned more than Gandhi... just to make an extreme example.

We at this forum are the sane!

There is no ghost in the machine, but a machine in the ghost...

:cool:

ScalerWave
05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi GhiSlain,

You and I seem to be on the same wavelength. I ponder things along similar lines. No idea what your experiences have been but strange things and syncronicities have been and continue to happen to me. Just odd stuff and yes the feeling that something is right around the corner. I don't tell anyone about it though.

"Complex nerve endings" is a good analogy. I believe that we are part of a fractal.

My view of the ego is that it is very machine like but can be deactivated during an LSD trip.

Awani
05-31-2011, 06:48 PM
My view of the ego is that it is very machine like but can be deactivated during an LSD trip.

Agree, although I prefer natural LSD.

:cool:

solomon levi
06-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Greetings Ghislain!
I've had similar experiences. Several times I've seen quite clearly that we are
"experience machines" in a sense, but also more. I've experienced the DNA
as "experience machines", something akin to what we think of as soul, gathering
experiences from this plane/vibration and then when we die and disintegrate on
some level there are these beings, which I have experienced as the DNA world,
that want to know what we learned or acquired from our journey. These DNA
remind me of insects or machines, busy bees or ants, a hive mind or collective
that is very focussed on gathering this knowledge from all the vessels that DNA
forms. But DNA is one level - I don't mean to emphasize it as anything special.
But it really freaked me out the first times that I saw this.

Interesting you mentioned "strands" and intuition - something I relate to as communicating with DNA.
Again, DNA is but one level or platform that appears as something awesome, indeed I have seen
that DNA is/are God in many senses - "I am that which I am (becoming)" - and this is a collective
that one can tap into and access with great result, but there are other levels too - light/photons also
hold information and would be a deeper or "higher" sense of Oneness than DNA. Like people, animals
and plants are vessels for DNA, but DNA is a vessel for molecules, atoms, photons, etc...
In moving through the levels of the All-One, there seem to be natural "barriers" or boundaries -
the speed of sound, visible light, gravity, the strong nuclear force, etc. For example, Gurdjieff spoke
about two half-notes in the octave which require additional "shocks". I think the DNA realm occupies
one of these areas that make it something of a natural boundary that can tie us up if we don't realise
that there is more beyond it - just like when people go to the light when they die because it is the most
obvious boundary/signpost. I would say go to the Void, not the light, but to each his/her own.

I enjoyed your thread. Yes, I think this is happening on a large scale at this time. :)

Ghislain
06-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Seth-Ra: When a child learns something new, does it not warm the heart for them to share it
with you, and then eagerly listen as you explain a little more to them? That which is All ncompassing
and Perfected unto itself/Himself has no need to grow, for He is - it is about our growth; to become
like Them, and in that moment, having a deeper relationship - like being able to, as an adult, stand
on equal footing with your Father/Mother/whomever and the relationship being deeper/higher -
you arent a child, you are on their level, and the conversation is unfathomable to the child who looks
on.
I would like that to be true. :)

Words are not merely what we think of as written or spoken language - they are deeper, and
do not have to take a form we would normally consider to be words. The same note, the same
vibration, can stir the same feeling and point in many different people, and different feelings in
others. True language transcends the mere physical. (imo)

I neither agree nor disagree with your point above SR, I only know what I feel. When I get this
strange feeling it’s a little scary because almost as soon as I realise I have the feeling the mind cuts in
and words try to describe it ...then it’s gone. I read somewhere that if you can lucid dream you have
to stop yourself getting excited when you realise you’re in the dream or you exit the dream straight
away. This is what it is like with this feeling. The thing is that when the feeling is there many strange
things happen, but I have to try not to focus on the feeling with words or it goes.

I am aware of the power of the mind and thus I have to ask myself, “am I just imagining it all”.
However if I am imagining it then I have a lot of coincidental stuff happening in my life :)

We are all "ghosts within the shells" - i just see the shell as a malleable living shell, not a
metal machine that is "fixed" like that.

The creator of the machine probably used technology that we don’t use as yet. Maybe the
materials are different but the principle is the same.

If you were to design the perfect machine what characteristics would it have?

• The ability to be reproduced from a given template (DNA) with the added ability to evolve by
mixing different templates thus some changes will be beneficial and enhance future
generations of the machine any detrimental changes will be weeded out by destruction.
(survival of the fittest and ability to adapt to a changing environment)
• The ability to efficiently fuel itself from materials in its surroundings.
• The ability to communicate with other machines (learning).
• The ability to repair itself
• The ability to fend off foreign invading materials or bodies
• The ability to move across the given terrain in the environment
• The ability to grasp extension tools ;)
• The ability to navigate by sight using reflected radiation (not perfect but ok)
• The ability to measure its environment by sight, sound, touch, smell and taste.
• The ability to control its temperature.
• Articulations within the limbs for agility.
• An onboard self learning CPU to control all the above.

The list could go on and on...I’d like a machine like that. :) I’d be curious to see what resulted.

This brings many new questions
• Are there properties within the machine yet undiscovered?
• With its ability to evolve ...could a machine evolve to match or even rise above its creator?
Felt a bit awkward when I wrote that. Was that a security program? ;)
• What is the purpose of the machine?
• Was the original machine much more basic than the one listed above and did that basic
machine indeed evolve into a much more complex machine?
• Is the machine a tool or a toy? ;)
• What material would you use?...probably something organic that can use the building blocks
contained in its fuel to self maintain and grow.
• Where does the driver sit? Hehe! ..... etc...etc.

Has my ranting brought you any closer to accepting a machine concept SR?

Another analogy just came to mind...what if these machines were incubators? Maybe that is what I am missing.
Or...perhaps it’s a larval form of something else, but where is the adult?

Just writing as it comes to mind \o/

Scalerwave: No idea what your experiences have been but strange things and syncronicities have been and
continue to happen to me.

This is a bit personal and I hope this doesn’t sound too mad...but to name a few

I don’t gamble but I got the feeling when I went with some friends to Aintree Racecourse. I told my friends I could pick the winners,
to their obvious mistrust and ridicule. I won 3 races on the trot; one after the other, £10 stake won £285. My friends wanted me to do
it again but the feeling had gone I didn’t place another bet. No losses.

I live in London and the traffic is horrendous...I find myself travelling to work in the rush hour on empty roads...as soon as I think about it the traffic fills the road.

I have never been to a spiritualist church but my sister has, so I asked her to take me along...i wanted to see what would happen...a guest speaker
was talking to the congregation when he pointed to me and said...”I have a message for you...you are like me and you have to hurry up.” I didn’t
speak to him after to get an explanation ...perhaps I should have...I’m going to another one with someone else in a couple of weeks...I’ll let you know what happens.

April 2nd 2009 I went trekking in the Himalayas to Gangotri the source of the Ganges. Hundreds of thousands .of Hindus go on a pilgrimage there every year; it’s their Mecca so to speak.
Unfortunately the path was closed until 20th of April, with the army enforcing the closure, but, cutting a long story short, we were granted special permission and got to do the trek;
Just 3 of us and our porters. You cannot begin to imagine the honor I felt having such beautiful landscape to myself and then to stand at Gaumukh the Glacial source itself with only the
noise of the creaking Ice, bathing my feet in the cool water of this holy river...Amazing explain that one! :)

Before I started consulting the I-Ching I was always broke. In my past employment I have worked as a bin man, cleaner,
lorry driver, to name but a few. Since consulting the I-Ching I fell into a really well paid job...I don’t want for much now. ...?
(no begging letters please) :D

Again the list goes on and on. Could be coincidence as I say but there are a lot of them and always a
feeling surrounds me when they happen...a sort of knowing.

I meditate every day and feel the whole universe...it’s Awesome, for want of a better word :)

Dev, when I was away the other weekend at the Ayahuasca retreat, after the penultimate ceremony, in the sharing they
were asking what we expected to get from the final ceremony...I said I wanted to breakthrough...couldn’t explain it
properly but felt that I was up against a barrier and needed to go further...after the sharing I meditated and cast the I-
Ching...the hexagram I cast was 43 Kuai...look it up :)

Is that the sort of thing you were talking about ScalerWave? Would you share some of your experiences?

Seth Ra: All is change, All is Life circulating within the One, as One.

Dev: There is no ghost in the machine, but a machine in the ghost

Albion: reconciling the one with the many

ScalerWave: I believe that we are part of a fractal

This all makes me quite dizzy. Is my inside the outside or my outside the inside? Does it really matter? :)

Whatever it is I feel it is a vessel for something else, and that everything written above has been
compiled by the CPU of that vessel, however, possibly aided by the vessels owner.

Sol I was just going to post this when I read your post...

Solomon-Levi: In moving through the levels of the All-One, there seem to be natural "barriers" or boundaries -
the speed of sound, visible light, gravity, the strong nuclear force, etc. For example, Gurdjieff spoke
about two half-notes in the octave which require additional "shocks". I think the DNA realm occupies
one of these areas that make it something of a natural boundary that can tie us up if we don't realise
that there is more beyond it - just like when people go to the light when they die because it is the most
obvious boundary/signpost. I would say go to the Void, not the light, but to each his/her own.

That sounds like what I was experiencing at the retreat... another coincidence?

Sorry that went on bit.

Namaste

Ghislain

ScalerWave
06-02-2011, 02:53 AM
One recent example is an answer that came before the question arrived... I recently read a research paper regarding the importance of magnesium which is involved in 325 different biological processes. The list of ailments caused by magnesium and taurine deficiency is pretty long and interesting. The research paper was very well done and lead me to other sources of info which I'm still reading about. Anyway, my wife suddenly develops a very painful eye ailment and goes to see a doctor but all he gives her is a steroid and drops to dilate the pupil to ease the pain. He has no idea what causes the problem... her eye is really blood shot looking in one quadrant. The steroid and eye drops ease the inflammation and pain but it's really just a work around, not a cure. Going back to read more of the research paper, I come upon a picture of a blood shot eye and the author describing what my wife has... it's called Sclaritis. The author says that he had Scleritis in 1999 and cured it with taurine and magnesium. I had just gotten a few bottles of Taurine and Magnesium the week before after reading the research paper and made the saturated Taurine solution eyedrops that the author used on his scleritis... well the reddness and pain went away soon after that.

Here's a link to the research paper:
http://george-eby-research.com/html/depression-anxiety.html#wronggeorge

One of the odd things that continues to puzzle me is my attention being drawn to the number 11 or 11:11... not just on clocks.... I figured it must be my imagination and ignored it but then things like this would happen...a good example... as a technician in a factory, I get called when production machinery breaks down. I get a call one night to check out a machine that flattens steel. It has digital read outs to indicate thickness.. anyway it's stuck and can't be adjusted now.... checking the display, the readout is stuck on 11...the motor locked up for some reason but freed rather easily... another day I get a call to check out an x-ray gauge that stopped working... The operator says he can't change the presets. I notice that the gauge is in manual control so I switch it to auto. Next, the thickness preset automatically changes to 11.11 mils for some reason. The computer was suppose to send 22.00 mils though... no idea where the 11.11 preset came from. It's a dual gauge which means that it controls two separate x-ray machines. The other x-ray machine isn't updating either so I manually set the thickness preset to 22.00 mils and put it in auto .... and for some reason the computer changes my setting to 11.11 mils for that x-ray gauge too. Just a few instances that come to mind. Here's another...One morning I wake up and look at the clock... it's 8:11... I worked night shift and go back to sleep and wake up again and look at the clock and it's 9:11. This type of thing happens a lot. It doesn't really seem to mean anything except maybe I'm a loony heh heh.

I used to picture the universe as being mechanical like you describe but now I picture it more as pure thought.

solomon levi
06-05-2011, 08:08 AM
I used to picture the universe as being mechanical like you describe but now I picture it more as pure thought.

Could you please say more about the universe as pure thought.
Maybe there's nothing more to add or to describe that, but if there is I'd like to hear it. :)

ScalerWave
06-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Describe it?

Well.....whenever, I think of something that shortly after appears or manifests... it gets me wondering whether my thoughts created it or somehow caused the situation or manifestation ... or whether it was just a coincidence... not sure. The possibility that the physical is just a projection of will or thought comes to mind. That's all really.

solomon levi
06-09-2011, 06:45 PM
:) OK.

It just makes me wonder how you perceive the relationship between the universe
as thought and your personal ability for thought. Multiple thoughts existing inside the One thought (universe).
Would one's personal thought be a sub-octave of the One thought? How are our thoughts distinguished
from the One thought? How is my thought within and smaller than the One thought?

Does this make alchemy a mental exercise? What else could it be if the universe is a thought?

I'm not arguing or saying the universe is or isn't a thought. Just exploring the perception. :)

ScalerWave
06-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Here are my thoughts....

I guess you could call one's personal thought a sub-octave of the One Thought... I picture the universe as a Thought Fractal. I don't really have a clear understanding yet. My thoughts are distinguished by me the perceiver. In the Fractal model, I am the center of my universe.... you are the center of yours and so is everyone else the center of their universe as well as the One Thinker... all at the same time. If thought was light, we would somehow be focal points somewhere along the span of infinity of the One Thought Fractal.

Not sure what you mean exactly, regarding "a mental exercise"...I'm new to Alchemy and so far, yeah, it has been a mental exercise for me and spiritual also.

"What else could it be if the universe is a thought?"
While I do believe that it is thought energy, I would also have to say that it is the "Thinker" of the thought at the same time...with the power of being in and of itself...so... the universe is whatever the thinker thinks it is. I am a Thinker and the product of my Thoughts at the same time... I am the observer who observes himself observing himself into infinity .... "As above, so below" ?

My dreams are what I think they are... although on a level that I don't realize at the time of the dream. My dreams seem real while I am experiencing them but when I wake up, I realize that it was all just thought.

For all I know... which isn't much... I may be asleep and dreaming right now.

One problem that I have always had is the feeling of separation but now I'm not so sure there is really a separation. Apples grow from apple trees... the apples are different than the leaves, bark, and root but each of these came from one seed. Each apple is individual but still part of the tree.

solomon levi
06-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Very nice! Thank you for elaborating.
Reminded me of a saying: "The Universe is constantly rearranging itself
to accomodate your picture of reality." :)

Yes, I see it as fractal and holographic too.
I often consider the dictum "God created man in his image" as meaning
"The One Thought created other thoughts that have the ability to think as well."
Or dreams that are capable of dreaming.

ScalerWave
06-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm still preparing to begin work on herb tinctures and a plant stone. I just started reading Mark Stavish "Path of Alchemy" a few days ago. Today I get to page 55 and he says "...thoughts are real things on their way to becoming tangible in our material world.". heh heh uncanny...

Ghislain
02-03-2014, 07:36 AM
What follows I would rather keep to myself, but I have some unanswered questions and so I want to share it and see what comes back. Publish and be damned

Vessel

6. a person regarded as a holder or receiver of something, especially something nonmaterial: a
vessel of grace; a vessel of wrath. Source (dictionary.com)

Recently I have been lead to believe that we are vessels, machines if you like...’experience machines’
for the One.

Our brain is the CPU that runs the vessel on a day to day basis and all our knowledge, however
well educated one may be, is but a drop in the ocean to what is and serves only to run the machine
for further experience, although our ego would have us believe otherwise.

Imagine the One, a single entity that encompasses everything; the creator and destroyer of all
things, a being alone in blissful wonder. This being feels no pain, sorrow, happiness or anxiety; it
doesn’t sense heat or cold, rough or smooth...and all the other experiences we take for granted, so it
creates vessels that can and platforms where all this can take place. One of the platforms is here
and we are some of the vessels. There is no good or evil just experience.

From the One ‘strands’, for want of a better word, exude into each of us and you can feel it when
you close off your monkey mind chatter. I believe this is what we call intuition ... a sort of knowing
that does not originate in the mind. We are like complex nerve endings of a single entity.
Each person’s experience is contained and kept like a memory within the One
When one raises Kundalini it connects with the strand and one feels the bliss; a sort of euphoria

I have a feeling that this is going to be revealed to all very soon. Either that or I’m going slightly insane. ;)

To quote Sherlock Holmes, “The game is afoot Watson”

I have been experiencing some Wyrd stuff over the past eight years or so and this is where it has led me.

Am I just a raving looney or has anyone else experienced this or something similar?

Ghislain.

I started this post back in May 2011, the information within it came, not from books or old masters, but from intuition. I didn’t even understand it myself.

Then in October 2012 Sleeveless produced a wonderful piece of art which depicted everything I was thinking of when I wrote the post above; you will have to ask Sleeveless what inspired the pic.

:o http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/jassgo/522436_373148612765706_755312215_n.jpg

I did it yesterday

I have searched the forum to see if I wrote about a profound journey I had during an Ayahuasca journey in Peru, but I cannot find it so I will give an outline of it here.

In February 2010, after seeing Dev’s report on Ayahuasca, I went alone to Peru to experience this amazing phenomenon for myself.

I took part in seven Ayahuasca ceremonies, which were all different and there is much to say about them also, but the one that is most significant here is the second ceremony.

In brief, at one point of my journey I ended up as a light body floating above the world in absolute bliss. Thoughts went through my mind that I could stay there forever. There were other light bodies around me and we all knew the same information…this was all there was to know about everything.

I looked down on the world and realised we created it…it was, for want of a better word, a game and I had started in this game and so I should return to finish it. On deciding this I felt myself rush toward the world and it seemed I came up through the earth back into my body, which automatically sat up with a start. For just a brief moment I could still see the world for the illusion it was, but quickly it became solid and real once again.

For the rest of this ceremony amazing revelations kept coming to me, but unfortunately I didn’t take the advice to take a note book and record them; by morning the revelations had faded like a dream.

Although I have not written this here before I have told this story to Dev quite some time ago.

The reason I am writing this now is due to Androgynus introducing me to the interviews of a Nuclear Physicist called Tom Campbell, which I so enjoyed and related to that I looked for more and came upon the video below, made in June 2012…I still have shivers running down my spine as I know what they talk of is the truth.

I hope you enjoy it…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjDQzCq6FdM

Ghislain

III
02-05-2014, 06:24 AM
Welcome to the Game. As E.J. Gold calls it The eternal game of Keep It Going.