PDA

View Full Version : What can you do if you don't have the Stone ?

Salazius
06-02-2011, 07:06 AM
What can you do if you don't have the Stone ? If you doubt you'll have it some day, you don't have to wait for it, cultivate the qualities you want now.

I already said that the Stone is a mean to an end, not a goal by itself. You maybe seek different things through the accomplishment of the Philosopher Stone. It can be enlightenment, health, wealth, wisdom, rejuvenation...

You maybe seek enlightenment. In this case, practice "Now" Paths, alike Zen, Buddhists paths, and all spiritual Path that lead to an Awakening to your True Nature. It is very easy to find sources about this, a lot of forums, teachers, books, cds, even internet radios are available. The good news is this : You don't have to buy a lot of things, find a teaching that pleases you (more zen with Adyashanti, more hindouist with Gangaji, more everything with Eckhart Tolle, whatever !!) and moreover : don't let yourself be sucked into the tremendous amount of publishing and resources. This is very, very simple : BE, conscious, where you are, now, here, all day long, and also in some reserved moments of peace and calmness. Gently your consciouness will rise. Consciousness rises when it is more conscious of itself, nothing else can rise it than itself. When you are perfectly in the now, you'll be it, and you'll know it. Try to stay like that all day/night long. That's all. The rest is an amount of words and concepts... of forms. But if you like that, then dive into it, get your library full of books, dvds, cds, your head full of teachings, your agenda full of conferences, and retreats...until you're fed up (white stage), and let go of it, until you find a new interest, with a total detachement of all the "corpus" of these teachings (red stage).

If you seek health, then in this case spagerics, high spagerics, and other natural treatments are good for you. Plants, gems, metals, salts have useful properties for the body. Diets of Andreas Moritz (for cleansing liver and gall bladder), fasting, juice fasting etc, shamanic diet of a plant is very good. You can make a lot of good tinctures of metals, plants, gems, and they all will help you in some way, in order to promote health in your bodies. This is a great thing, because spagerics will work upon all the levels of your self.
All tinctures are good. Whatever the technique you will use in order to create them. Just make things with love, patience, quality matters. For me, when it is simple it works better. More a process is complicated, more I charge it with negative energy. Of course you can enhance your products with energy (Theurgy, Shamanism, Yoga, and other magnetism practices, as below). Try to focus on your organs, and the purification process of all of them. Try to focus on all the levels of your inner self (elements, planets, zodical forces) and clean them, enhance them, etc. It is a good way to start.

Practice an energetic path, in order to develop you inner body and your inner equilibrium (vitality, health, inner psychological equilibrium). Alike Theurgy, Shamanism, Yoga, and other magnetism practices. Franz Bardon gives a safe a very good path in Hermetics. It is sometime seen as a path of Power. Yes, and powers are like everything. Like a double-edged sword, they can tremendously help you, or they can be used as a weapon and harm people. Great knowledge mean great power, and great power need great wisdom. Te most important thing is to be able to equilibriate your energetical body, to unfold your astral, and mental capacities (like clairvoyance, imagination and so on). You'll learn about your energetical bodies, your chakras, and so on. Which is very important of course !

Practice sport (able to equilibrate yourself) like gymnastic, bodybuilding, stretching, aerobic, jogging, whatever works for your body and your nature (it must be holistic - tennis is for example, a disequilibrated sport, because only one arm work, but again, whatever works !!). Always seek equilibrium. If you are build like an halterophile, don't practice much of it, which would be a natural, but disequilibrated choice, prefer some swimming, stretching, and jogging. I, for example, practice bodybuilding since 12 years now, because I was skinny and of a rangy type. Now, after years, I'm having an equilibrated and athletic, healthy body, strong, flexible, able to run, walk for a long time, etc. It is before everything, a healthy mental attitude that must be cultivated. Trampoline is one of the best exercise for both muscles and heart, and you don't have to jump high for this. It is used by NASA since years with great benefits. You'll learn about diet, your muscles, and you'll have a sharp feeling of your inner body, because with the effort, you'll have pains, and they will focus your consciouness more importantly in your body, which is very important for the "Now" practice. The sense of effort, exercising your will to push your limits, is also very very good, it can give you confidence and even for some persons, amaze them because of capacities and potentials they would never imagine they could express. A sense of victory over their imaginary limits is felt. It's healthy and joyful !

Live a cool life. Go for a walk in nature, enjoy playing with your pet dog on the beach or in some parks if you can, enjoy sunbathing, and taking fresh air. Gardening is also very good, being in contact with plants, earth, cultivating vegetables is great and gives you rewards, you live in the cycles of nature and you can learn about agriculture (which is important for the Alchemy). Read a novel, look at a film, go to cinema ...
See friends, go to restaurant or a picninc, go for a lesson of Salsa, develop a social circle of nice persons, but again, in an equilibrated way. Don't necessarily stay with only spiritual persons, but go with other kind of people. Be adaptable. Don't drink, don't eat fat, or sugar, don't smoke, don't use drugs, don't eat too much or too less (be careful with red meat and BBQ). Find a good mate, or enjoy the one you have ! Or avoid staying with people that are negative and blocking your life expression. Avoid also places like that. Be careful of what you take inside yourself (like horrible pictures, films, songs, arts, etc). Do new things. Learn a new language, read a new book, go to see new things.

Practice a creative activity, paint, write, singing, play music, sculpt, make graphics, dance, etc, anything you enjoy, and it can even be your job ! Your creativity is very important. Let flow your inspiration and let it go. You can be surprized by your artistic capacity. Let go of your mental, of technique. Let yourself be in contact with beauty, force, life, joy, or sadness, love ... just find the right way for you to let it go. It can be through movements, colours, sounds, forms ... test what is good for you at the moment. Don't force, it is art, it is the Muse that governs it in you, it comes, or not. You have no control over it.

Think positive, adopt a positive and optimistic attitude concerning the present and future, and an ability to understand your own negative patterns and programs, and try to reprogram yourself. It is a very important thing. A lot of resources are available now on this topic. The subconscious' laws are important to know.

Practice spirituality (your ethic and non dual vision of the universe) everyday. Express your truth in your daily life. Get some inspiration in books of wisdom. Whatever works for you ...

If you're seeking gold, and then wealth, then practice archemy. Plenty of delicious, dangerous, expensive recipes are waiting you in almost every possible books of Alchemy ! Just a word : keep on ! (and wear a mask and safety gloves please, don't complain if you have a hole in your hand !).

If you seek wisdom, read philosophical books and make life experiences. And then take your conclusions. The fastest way to wisdom is probably immaturity. Now you know what to do.

Personnal developpement is also very important. Psychotherapy, psych.ology/analysis, etc can be good for you, a lot of thechniques can be important for helping your self. Holotropic breath is great and powerful too. Just find the technique that works for you.
If you want rejuvenation, then, get old and die, and you'll have a new, fresh body (next time you reincarnate) ! Or avoid ingesting oxygen while inspiring the air .. since it is what oxidizes us ! But it is not very easy...

All this is an act of love and respect for your self. It is a gift you give yourself. It is very important.

You can't give yourself the Gift of Gifts, which is the Stone, if you don't give yourself minor things ... and all these things are like steps on a stair, leading you to greater gifts. You get aligned with the vibration of the Stone.

If I speak of Karma I would say that, in order to have the Stone you must have the predispositions in all the levels ... I mean predispositions in the solar level for enlightenment, predispositions in the lunar level for your subconscious/psychic level, predispositions in your mercurian level for understanding and wisdom, predispositions in the venussian level for total love and acceptation, and the artistic abilities it will give you, predispositions in your martian level for the force and power you'll have, predispositions in the jupiterian level for the wealth it can give, predispositions in your uranian level for the revolution it will causes in your ability to function 'technically' in this world, predispositions in your saturnian level, concerning your health and longevity ... I made it short ! But I hope you get it. You need predispositions in every possible levels. All of them are one. This is why they are all enclosed into the Stone.

Anyway, it is just a quick overview of the possible things to do, in order to have an ersatz of the Stone in your life. Enjoy !

Aleilius
06-03-2011, 05:34 AM
An excellent article/thread/post Salazius!

What can you do? Do all. You become what you seek (ye man of burning desire, how shalt thou quench damning fire?) after confronting the opposite fruit of your desire.

Here is something I penned just now that enlightens this particular path (these words are a reflection of my own personal enlightenment):

Human:
sorrow-filled man of mourning thorns,
in pain is revelation revealed.
Blessed garden right field,
what beautiful roses you yield!

Alternatively, seek nothing, be passersby, and behold the kingdom internal.

Salazius
06-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Thank you Aleilius ! I'm glad if you enjoy it. And you are right of course, be passersby, resist nothing, seek nothing for spiritual materialism, otherwise the backlash is terrible.

Nibiru
06-03-2011, 07:26 AM
Nice, a philosophy to live by :)

Road
06-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Pray And Lead A Virtuous Life, Purify Your Heart Of Dross; In This Way You May At Least Hope To Attract The Notice Of An Adept... For They Do Not Judge As Man Does, But As God.

Salazius
06-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Maybe You Would Be Surprized On What An Adept Can Judge You ?

Do they even judge ? IMO they do cold observations. And I wonder if they even notice you - the red stage is very special in fact. Sometime you just have to make your way by yourself, and if you want to be an apprentice, then you have to prove you have the skills. Being an apprentice is somewhat renouncing to a certain level of independance in order to grow with a tutor. And a tutor is of course very useful in alchemy.

Andro
06-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Lead A Virtuous Life

What do you mean by 'virtuous'? Care to elaborate?

With some details/examples, if possible?

Thanks.

Aleilius
06-03-2011, 05:13 PM

Thanks.
It means whatever you want it to mean. Virtue lies in the eye of the beholder. Is such a thing subjective? Can one be more virtuous than another? Are there levels of virtuality?

This skews the thread off on a tangent from the original intentions of Salazius (although I cannot speak for him). This is only my observation.

vir·tu·ous

1. Having or showing high moral standards.
2. (esp. of a woman) Chaste.

Aleilius
06-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Do they even judge ? IMO they do cold observations.
This is a good question. Do adepts judge? Does an enlightened being cast judgement? It is not judgement as many know it, but observations of the true nature of an individual. Is there a difference between cold obversations, and warm observations? These are question for those that seek enlightenment to answer.

Adepts do not cast judgement as they have felt the stings of others judgement, and they've learned that judgement is not the correct method to heal. However, this could be questioned to a degree. Let others be others, let them act accordingly to their own will, desires, fantasies, etc. Let them calcine their own impure karma according to their life experiences. The 'job' of an adept does not require 'judgement,' but acceptance of opposites (and annhiliation based on uniting dualities). Our 'judgements' only serve a single purpose: to evolve a being.

This is the mystery of being 'a Buddha' in my opinion.

For They Do Not Judge As Man Does, But As God.Here here! I hope I have elaborated on this a bit in my previous words.

Aleilius
06-03-2011, 05:29 PM
I already said that the Stone is a mean to an end, not a goal by itself. You maybe seek different things through the accomplishment of the Philosopher Stone. It can be enlightenment, health, wealth, wisdom, rejuvenation...
It is the journey itself. Personal revelation is required. You can be told something, taught something, be shown something, but this does not mean such words will yield the divine epiphany of complete knowing, and utter understanding of what IS.

This type of 'light consciousness' available to arhants (and higher beings) cannot be taught, or explained. Actually, there's a bit of a schism that exists in the Buddhists schools regarding arhants. In my understanding an arhant is still imperfect (being bound to certain attachments), but has attained unto the transcendental consciousness of the higher beings.

According to A.K. Warder, the Sarvāstivādins held the same position as the Mahāsāṃghika branch regarding arhats, considering them to be imperfect and fallible.[12] The Kāśyapīya school also held the doctrine that arhats were fallible and imperfect, similar to the view of the Sarvāstivādins and the various Mahāsāṃghika sects.[13] The Kāśyapīyas believed that arhats have not fully eliminated desires, that their "perfection" is incomplete, and that it is possible for them to relapse.[14]

In some respects, the path to arhatship and the path to complete enlightenment are seen as having common grounds. However, a distinctive difference is seen in the Mahāyāna doctrine pushing emotional and cognitive non-attachment to their logical consequences. Of this, Paul Williams writes that in Mahāyāna Buddhism, "Nirvāṇa must be sought without being sought (for oneself), and practice must be done without being practiced. The discursive mode of thinking cannot serve the basic purpose of attainment without attainment."[2

Andro
06-03-2011, 08:43 PM
It means whatever you want it to mean. Virtue lies in the eye of the beholder. Is such a thing subjective? Can one be more virtuous than another? Are there levels of virtuality?

I addressed these questions specifically to Road, precisely for the reasons you have stated above.

This skews the thread off on a tangent from the original intentions of Salazius (although I cannot speak for him). This is only my observation.

1. I don't think this goes 'off on a tangent', because Salazius gave a series of wonderful recommendations, to which Road added his own recommendations - which were slightly less clear and explicit :)

2. Still, sometimes threads can and do take on a life of their own, while only appearing to go 'off topic' or 'off on a tangent', but nevertheless enhancing the discussion that started them.

Road
06-04-2011, 06:46 AM

Thanks.

The Heart Of The Aspirant Must First Be Transmuted, Abiding In The Fire, Embodying The Quintessence Of The Paradise Stone—Such That Even A Feather Outweighs It In Comparison. One Who Is Virtuous Is Thus Of The Spirit, And Walks In The Purity And Lightness Of The Spirit; Hence The Fruits He Or She Brings Forth Are 'Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness And Self-Control.' By Firmly Establishing The Virtue Of Purity In Mind And Heart, In Thought And Deed, One Will, On the Basis Of One's Merit Alone, Be Worthy Of The Corporeal Stone.

~Have You Not Ever Heard It Said That Philosophers Are Of Uncommon Natures, Indeed, Seemingly 'More Like Beggars Than Wise Men'? Know Then That Worldly Intellect Is Cherished Least Among The Adepts, And That The Haughty And Prideful Have No Place At Their Side. They Who Have Taken Apprentices Have Always Sought For Two Principle Traits In Their Students—The First Trait Is Humility; Humility Being The Mark Of All Those Capable Of True Learning. The Second Trait Is Honor; Honor Being Understood In The Light Of The Hermetic Axiom, 'Man, Know Thyself', For One Who Knows The Self Shall Not Dishonor The Self, Nor Shall He Dishonor The Self Of Others—The True Realization Of The Golden Rule Is Therefore The Cessation Of Sin.

Can one be more virtuous than another? Are there levels of virtuality?
~Even In The Darkness Of Night Some Stars Yet Shine Brighter Than Others; So It Is With Man. In Potentia—Though They Are All One—How Many Have Truly Made Of Their Cores, Their Hearts, A Pure Flame?

1. I don't think this goes 'off on a tangent', because Salazius gave a series of wonderful recommendations, to which Road added his own recommendations - which were slightly less clear and explicit :)

~Her, Actually. But It Is Hardly Of Import.

As For The Other Issue, I Can Understand Well That Some May Wish To Convene A Discussion For Purposes Of Eliciting Greater Clarity Upon A Select Subject Matter (I Also Can Imagine That Any Attempts To Do So Are Exceedingly Difficult; Rather Much Like A Shepherd Trying To Herd A Pack Of Wild Wolves). If My Words Are Ever Not Deemed Relevant Or Productive To The Topic At Hand; Know That I Would Take No Offense If They Were Ignored. I Would Also Be Happy To Simply Delete The Post In Question (If The Forums Allows For Such A Thing, I Don't Yet Know) If The OP (Or Anyone, Really) Objects; Simply Give Me Notice And It Will Be Done.

2. Still, sometimes threads can and do take on a life of their own, while only appearing to go 'off topic' or 'off on a tangent', but nevertheless enhancing the discussion that started them.

~I Have Observed This To Take Place Most Frequently On The Forums Here; No Doubt It Is A Direct, And Perhaps Inevitable, Result Of Gathering So Many Who Esteem Philosophy Into One Place.

Andro
06-04-2011, 07:23 AM
~Her, Actually. But It Is Hardly Of Import.

Sorry about that.

Thanks for elaborating on your perspective, and welcome to Alchemy Forums.

solomon levi
06-05-2011, 08:20 AM
late comment on judgement -

to my eye, judgement is the world/reality seeing its reflection as its definition.
the definitions we make and hold are the lawgiver and the jury.
the definition is the crime/criminal; an evolved definition is the liberator, only to enslave anew.
The sheriff is also the thief.
The act (karma = action) is its own judgement.

Judgement has nothing to do with anyone else.

Salazius
06-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Is is possible now to have ideas about how cultivating the Stone in our life ?

Do you apply already such things your daily life ?

solomon levi
06-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Is is possible now to have ideas about how cultivating the Stone in our life ?

Do you apply already such things your daily life ?

What if the stone is THIS? What to cultivate? What to apply?

There can be so many answers to those questions, depending, again, on people's definitions.

To outline a path or a behavior cannot apply to the individual IMO, unless it does. :)

Does one believe there are steps away from and steps toward?
If we continue based on that belief, the processes will be as infinite as the persons involved.

Cultivating is the path for cultivators.
Non-cultivating is the path for non-cultivators.

How can I not be alchemy now? When did my foot ever stray?
:)

For some, I am not talking about alchemy.
But therein lies the rub. The moment one defines what alchemy is...
you know the rest. :)

solomon levi
06-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Is it not also true that some will do drugs and be the greater for it?
What doesn't make us greater if "the Great One" is doing the observing?
Certainly there is a stage of the great work where disregarding any form of diet is appropriate...

So how to outline a path?
All one can say is "This is what I did. I'm not sure what you should do."
(actually, that's not all one can say)

Like you said in the thread on alchemy groups. We don't want to make technicians. So true. :)

Is all ad-vice ("to vice") fated to "degrade" the receiver of it, simply by coming from outside of oneself?
Vice = immoral, degrading...
Vice in "viceroy" means deputy. To advise would then mean to deputize to one's path.
Vice can also mean "instead of, in place of"... as in "instead of you, me." :)

Finally, if "the separate one" is "driving the vehicle" there is much to do.

I feel like deleting all that I said as one more of those useless non-dual perspectives -
not that I disagree with non-duality; it just seems pointless to talk about.
Wonderful to do, vanity to discuss. :)

Aleilius
06-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Those are good observations SL.