PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholism and Spagyric Aid's

Frater E.S.R.O
06-04-2011, 04:49 PM
93, and hello!

I'm still quite the neophyte in field of alchemy, and have a very limited knowledge of chemistry, but i have a question regarding addiction to alcohol and spagyric tinctures.

To put it simply, i have a loved one who has been struggling with addiction to alcohol for many years now. I see the will in them to kick the addiction, and are able to go a few days on end without it, but alas they always fall back. Now while i know there is no "cure" to depend too heavily but i wanted to know if anyone here had any knowledge on any compounds/herbs that can be created or perfected in order to aid in weaning off the booze.

Thanks in advance!

ScalerWave
06-05-2011, 01:09 AM
What have they tried already?

Here is an interesting link regarding a likely cause of the disorder.

http://george-eby-research.com/html/depression-anxiety.html

Karl
06-05-2011, 03:19 AM
93, and hello!

I'm still quite the neophyte in field of alchemy, and have a very limited knowledge of chemistry, but i have a question regarding addiction to alcohol and spagyric tinctures.

To put it simply, i have a loved one who has been struggling with addiction to alcohol for many years now. I see the will in them to kick the addiction, and are able to go a few days on end without it, but alas they always fall back. Now while i know there is no "cure" to depend too heavily but i wanted to know if anyone here had any knowledge on any compounds/herbs that can be created or perfected in order to aid in weaning off the booze.

Thanks in advance!

ScalerWave- that article is really interesting. I've just started to dig into it. I've been reading about William H Schuessler's cell salt theory- magnesium phosphate is associated with Gold, the sun and Leo alchemically. This article is quite interesting in that light.

Frater E.S.R.O- I applaud that you are actively engaged with helping your loved one alchemically. As I see it this is alchemy at it's best.

Any condition is hard to prescribe for remotely and alcoholism is no exception. You are in the best position to work out what is really going on. Namgyal Rinpoche said there is only one way to heal someone- get in their energy bodies and mess with their karma.

Alcoholism is often talked about as self-medicating. What does alcohol do which is balancing for this individual? Do they drink because it allows them to relate with others in a way that is otherwise difficult? Prescribing milk thistle is clearly not going to be effective if the reason they are drinking is that they have a god shaped void in their heart. Use your insight and see to the root of their problem. It might not shift without therapy. Strengthen what needs to be strengthened and relieve suffering in the ways which you can.

Something I am finding helpful is doing the person's astrology chart. This might sound like a flaky thing to say but it allows the time and space to really consider the constituent parts of their being and why they act the way they do. Even if the chart is suggesting something which does not seem true, the act of contemplating the being is the important part. Often I find people's charts amazingly accurate.

Metta,

K.

Awani
08-22-2011, 09:08 PM
They say psychedelics can be good for alcoholism... but I don't have any first hand experience of this myself. I also think that just dropping acid, or IMO using natural psychedelics like mushrooms or ayahuasca, is probably not enough if it is not done in the right setting and with the right mind set.

:cool:

MarkostheGnostic
08-22-2011, 10:00 PM
They say psychedelics can be good for alcoholism... but I don't have any first hand experience of this myself. I also think that just dropping acid, or IMO using natural psychedelics like mushrooms or ayahuasca, is probably not enough if it is not done in the right setting and with the right mind set.

All of what you said are true. It was Bill Wilson, founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, who underwent 4 years of LSD psychotherapy, after learning from his correspondence with C.G. Jung that alcoholism was a misdirected attempt at transcendence. The original use of LSD to treat alcoholism was based on a wrong hypothesis. Those early experimenters thought that they could psychedelically induce artificial delirium tremens, and scare the shit out of alcoholics, causing them to become sober. What happened instead, was that many of their subjects experienced full-blown mystical experiences, but not before passing through the 'wrathful deities' of their own psychological problems. The psychic gave way to the spiritual, and the resultant wholeness (holiness) that was experienced, shook the alcoholics out of their unconscious compulsive drinking.

"Set and setting" IS what makes any trip. What one's mind-set is, and the enviornmental-setting are the inner and outer components. I experimented with a trusted friend initially, then with upper classmen who had more experience than I did, and finally, alone and in conjunction with classical Yoga. The science of Yoga was designed to prepare the mind-body for the influx of higher energies and transpersonal states of consciousness without freaking out or burning out. Without the proper psychophysical 'scaffolding,' the 3-stage 'rocket' of our body-mind-spirit will topple, fall, and explode. With correct guidance, and techniques, a great deal can be accomplished in a relatively compressed time frame.

Karl
08-22-2011, 11:50 PM
Iboga is one the the entheogens which have helped many people get over addictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine

A common experience with the drug is to go back in time to the point one became addicted and remake the decision. People frequently come out of the trip having touched in to the collective memories of a place and recalling things they could not have known.

It's legal in Canada but illegal or controlled in many places. Best price I've found is $4/gram

Awani
08-23-2011, 01:07 AM
It's legal in Canada but illegal or controlled in many places. Best price I've found is $4/gram

Wow, I didn't know this... always thought I had to trek around Africa to get some... are there any Shamanic practices in Canada or is it just like people using it at home?

Awani
08-23-2011, 01:09 AM
All of what you said are true.

Well yes I know... but I have in the last few years tried to limit statements that are not based on direct experience. There is no other truth... ;)

Karl
08-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Wow, I didn't know this... always thought I had to trek around Africa to get some... are there any Shamanic practices in Canada or is it just like people using it at home?

I know there are ayahuasca churches in Toronto. I haven't heard of an iboga church though there is a rehab clinic that uses iboga- it costs $2k- $5k for a short stay. I think the price and availability of the root is a limiting factor- it take 8g to 10g of the root bark for a trip. Minimum shipping qty seem to be 100g. I'm thinking of reaching out to the local psychonaut community for a group order.

MarkostheGnostic
08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Iboga is one the the entheogens which have helped many people get over addictions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine

A common experience with the drug is to go back in time to the point one became addicted and remake the decision. People frequently come out of the trip having touched in to the collective memories of a place and recalling things they could not have known.

Wow! It's available on line? Dr. Deborah Mash began her research with Ibogaine here at the University of Miami several years ago. I imagine she had statistically significant results, but owing to the rife paranois begun by Richard Nixon and his DEA, Dr. Mash had to take her findings to the Virgin Islands in order to help people with their addictions using Ibogaine.

I would have liked to have met her when she was still in Miami. As a matter of fact, I'd LOVE to begin a new career as a Psychedelic Psychotherapist. MAPS is beginning to look for such individuals.