PDA

View Full Version : Dream trip

Awani
06-10-2011, 07:44 AM
For the first time that I can recall I have had a trip within a dream.

I was in a bed, in the rainforest. A dog came up to me led by a Shaman/Scientist/Researcher type of woman. I bowed like a Muslim before the dog. It drooled on me, I got the saliva in my mouth. I was on my back. Suddenly I saw a spectacular bird with many colors before me, sitting there and clearly being an effect of the drool. Then it was gone and I was amazed. I asked the woman what kind of substance I had taken and she called it Edder.

The word was familiar, but I could not remember where I had heard it. So I googled:

1. (Zool.) An adder or serpent.

:cool:

Aleilius
06-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Did you just have this dream? This is ripe with symbolism!

An 'edder' as an 'adder' is a good example of the efficacy of the phonetic cabala.

Andro
06-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Years ago I read some tales of Eastern European lore.

One common occurrence was that when a bird spits in your mouth (and you spit into its mouth, 3 times if I remember correctly) - you will be able to understand the bird's language.

More recently I saw a film where a 'magical' creature (Nature Spirit - don't remember which one) spits on your eyes, and you are then able to see all the Nature Spirits and interact with them.

Awani
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Yes, this was the dream I had before I woke up to my birthday!

Didn't know about the spitting bird. Interesting.

Seth-Ra
06-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Your description kinda reminds me of this familiar pic:
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leiyn224At1qbiz5qo1_500.gif

:)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
06-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Yes that is my favorite pic... I have even printed it on a T-shirt.

Awani
10-10-2012, 11:50 AM
The other day I had one of those night where I had problem falling asleep even though I was very tired. So I dozed for an hour, was awake for an hour, fell asleep again and so on...

Then at one point I closed my eyes. I was in a corridor. I saw it as clear as I see the reality around me now. At this point I was not asleep. I had just shut my eyes and I knew I was just seeing what I imagined. I felt fully awake, I even heard South Park playing on my laptop in the background (like to watch it before I go to sleep).

I started to go forward in this corridor and it turned and I kept going. If you have ever played the video game DOOM you know what I mean when I say I journeyed down a corridor that kept turning and changing direction. I concentrated because I didn't want to break the illusion... I didn't want to be too aware or the vision might vanish. But I began to feel more comfortable. I decided that what I really should do is have a look in the mirror. I manifested a room at the end of the corridor where there was a mirror. I walked up to it.

If you have ever taken psychedelics and looked in the mirror then this is what I saw. A kind of slightly morphed version of myself, but it was me without a doubt. The shock of being able to see my own reflection in a vision sent me hurdling back to reality and everything went black. I opened my eyes and continued watching South Park.

It was probably a lucid dream, but I never felt like I was asleep. Still it was an amazing experience. Lately my dream life has been very vibrant. I hope I am making some sort of breakthrough.

Anyone ever see themselves in the mirror in a dream?

Andro
10-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Anyone ever see themselves in the mirror in a dream?

Not in a dream, but in conscious OOB. And it (the mirror image of oneself) is EXACTLY like you described it.

In my case it was not a manifested mirror, but an actual mirror in the house, where I saw my reflection while consciously OOB.

Is there an actual mirror at the location where you had this experience?

I hope I am making some sort of breakthrough.

It definitely sounds like it. It was bound to happen sooner or later, I suppose...

There is SO MUCH MORE to explore and experience on other 'wavelengths' of this dream we call 'reality'... even to the point where the physical plane may become quite boring and unappealing/unsatisfying...

I'm glad it's happening. Let's see where it takes you...

Awani
10-10-2012, 03:41 PM
There is a mirror, but I was not in my own room. I was in a kind of living room that was a mixture of many passed places I have lived in. Some sort of morphed room. Hard to explain, but it didn't look dreamy weird. It was all according to the standards of reality.

My face kind of looked like I had suffered a stroke or something. Sagged a bit somehow. Very strange.

Andro
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
It's very common for OOB/Lucid to get mixed up with dream scenarios. More so in the earlier stages of lucid/conscious exploration.

It's not supposed to look 'dreamy weird'. The mirror reflection of the astral body usually looks a bit 'ghostly', with less defined 'contour' compared to the more 'clear cut' physical appearance.

It's a bit like 'morphing'/'blending' a little with the surroundings, especially on the edges.

Nibiru
10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
There is a mirror, but I was not in my own room. I was in a kind of living room that was a mixture of many passed places I have lived in. Some sort of morphed room. Hard to explain, but it didn't look dreamy weird. It was all according to the standards of reality.

My face kind of looked like I had suffered a stroke or something. Sagged a bit somehow. Very strange.

Dev, your recent posts have just thoroughly creeped me out!! I recently had an almost identical dream about two weeks ago. It was so strange that I told Sol all of the details after I had remembered it. I also was looking into a mirror at which point my face also began to morph. I even described this to Sol as being like looking into a mirror on entheogens, which according to old psychedelic wive's-tales you should not do.

Anyway, in the dream once I noticed the morphing of my face, my dream became lucid as well. At this point I noticed that I was able control the time dimension of the reflection. In other words/worlds, it was like having the remote controller to a video of my life from past to future. Even other lives, so it seemed. So I awoke from the dream once I had fast-forwarded to the end of my life. I was old and my face also seemed to be sagging in a weird kind of way. What I did like is that I was able to sense that my spirit was still full of life and happiness/contentment, even though I appeared to be at the end of my physical existence...

Thank you for sharing with us Dev, as I feel there is something very significant being portrayed here.

Awani
10-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Andro: I don't think I had an OBE... I never lost the feeling I was sleeping in my bed using my imagination to the fullest.

Nibiru: Nice... I broke the illusion once I saw my face. Perhaps next time I will not be so freaked out. I was so amazed I did this that I woke up from it. I have heard the old wive's tale as well, but whenever someone tells me 'don't do it' I kind of have to try. Although I try not to use a mirror when taking magic truffles.

Saying that I know when I go to Gabon for the Iboga the Bwiti use a mirror as part of the ceremony where you have to stare at your own reflection for hours! So maybe this is what we should do? It is only when looking at our reflection we really get ideas like: who the fuck is this person? Is it I? Is my mind/thoughts inside this creature? Etc...

Andro
10-11-2012, 10:01 AM
I don't think I had an OBE... I never lost the feeling I was sleeping in my bed using my imagination to the fullest.

There are many levels/ways to experience OOB, ranging from conscious exit & re-entry, to simply (and gently) 'phasing' (fully or partially) into a different frequency/reality.

'Phasing' can also occur while still aware of lying in your bed, yet simultaneously being 'somewhere else' as well.

Some people can even physically talk/communicate about what they see/experience during these 'out of phase' states.

So OOB states are not quite black and white. There is a lot of range in-between.

Personally and in private, I prefer to use the word 'phasing'.

I only use OOB/OBE in public discussions, because that's the terminology that people are usually accustomed to.