PDA

View Full Version : Psychedelics with animals

Awani
06-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Has anyone taken psychadelics in the company of animals, and if so how was it? Not give any to the animal, just have it near-by as a non-human Shaman or sitter. Someone said that it could be interesting to take some with cats...

... in 2004, a Neolithic grave was excavated in Shillourokambos, Cyprus, that contained the skeletons, laid close to one another, of both a human and a cat. The grave is estimated to be 9,500 years old, pushing back the earliest known feline-human association significantly. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat#History_and_mythology)

:cool:

Nibiru
06-23-2011, 04:49 AM
I've noticed that animals are very, very susceptible to what they call a "contact buzz". Be careful not to pet the animal too much if you're hands are clammy in any way. If they are, use gloves. I've seen cats never come back from trips, just because people decided to pet them when they were on slightly dirty acid. You'll notice that even if you have a caged animal, like a rabbit or rat, that they will begin to act very manic once you're around them in an altered state, and this is regardless of whether you touch them or not. I wanted to try an experiment when I was younger to prove the effects of energy projection using animals around subjects who were in altered-states, to prove that the animals would react as if given a substance just by being in the area of a person under the influence of said psychedelic. I never got around to it. I know this isn't what you were asking, but I thought you should know because if it's a pet you're planning on tripping with, it could effect your mind set if you notice that your pet is suddenly acting "crazy" :)

Salazius
06-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Why do you think toads, and cats were used in magick in the middle age ? They are extremely open to the 'other world'. And IMO it's a bad idea to use them, or to be close to animals and even plants, when you take psycho active things, same thing when you practice theurgic works and when you don't banish the energies. And of course, same thing when you are doing alchemy ...

A lot, lot of psychedelics were used by sorcerers, mostly for astral trips with unctions, oilments and unguents.

I can see that musclar tests done in the room were stand a pet dog can be very difficult to handle. The dog can be crazy in few minutes !

Awani
06-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Well I don't agree that one should not be close to plants, after all the best place to trip is in nature!

Otherwise thanks for your thoughts!

solomon levi
06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
The cat can trip on catnip while you trip on whatever you're tripping on. :)
Be careful though. Cats like to play mind games and manipulate people.

http://www.macbrosplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/cat-voices-in-head-400x300-01.jpg (http://www.macbrosplace.com/funny-cat-pictures/)

Seth-Ra
06-23-2011, 11:04 PM
SL - i love that pic, have laughed at that so many times. XD Nice job finding a topic to use it in. XD lol

As for animals and such around - i dont do psychedelics (not that im against them - all things have a purpose), but i do meditate and both my dog and my cat, which are sorta like my two very own familiars, always want to come around me when i do that. Anytime i set my work outside, my dog stays near it, as if watching over it, though neither him nor my cat ever touch or bother the containers and even after i continue to meditate rather then pay them much attention, they either stay right there with me, or stick in the area. If i had to guess, id say any sort of resonance will affect the animals nearby, so it could be good or bad, as psychedelics seem to be a coin toss, depending on person, material quality, and various other things.

Personally, Dev, i think you should try it and let us know how it goes. ;) :)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
06-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Be careful though. Cats like to play mind games...

That is what I am counting on.

Personally, Dev, i think you should try it and let us know how it goes.

Yes, just need to borrow someones cat... don't keep pets myself.

MarkostheGnostic
06-24-2011, 02:25 AM
On my 1st acid trip, on Windowpane (maybe 300 mcg), when I first walked into my parents' house, my dog Blackie, lying on the steps, began to shiver with fear! I don't know what she saw, but minutes later, I saw my tripping buddy Kenny, surrounded by a pink and sky blue aura. When he spoke, identically colored auric 'prana' left his mouth like steam. After that, I used to come home from college on weekends, drop acid, and dance with Blackie to Ram Dass' 'Love, Serve, Remember' album. I sometimes went horseback riding on acid, and I was not an expert rider, but the horses I got always seemed OK with me.