PDA

View Full Version : connectedness/Oneness

solomon levi
06-24-2011, 02:15 AM
Oneness is the most obvious and all-pervasive thing/no-thing there is.
So why does it elude so many?
It cannot be seen by the mind/self/ego, which seems to be the current default program of most people.
Separateness has a purpose, but many forget to be purposeful and become the products of their own
dreaming - an image dreamed by an ego.

How can we flip it? An easy way is by shifting context.
For example, notice the difference between being an observer and being observation.
Both are available to you.
When you are observation, the observer is absent.

Or you may try contemplating the word "where".
This is really fun. Contemplate the variations also, such as "anywhere", "nowhere", "somewhere".
Sometimes this takes me on other tangents such as "we wear clothes", "we wear bodies",
"software", "hardware", "werewolves", "veritas"...

solomon levi
06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Consider that everyone on earth today is alive and existing as the present genetic result of a long lineage
of human beings, and the further we go back in these family trees, the more apparent our relations become -
that is that we are truly brothers and sisters, one big family.

Consider that time has other options than the usual linear view we take of flowing from past to present.
Look at the branching of our family tree and see it as a cascade - with all points/lives happening now.
When I communicate with my ancestors, I am not speaking to dead people, but people very much alive
existing in different times; times which can be included in this one if we expand our picture of reality.
Just as a river is all flowing simultaneously now, if we stand at one point of it, we could say the water
passing here now will pass a point 300 miles/kms away in 30 hours, but it's one river. So also is our
genetic lineage one evolving and unfolding "organism"/entity. It has access to itself, to any and all points/times.
It is only the ego that is separate, or thinks and appears separate.

Frater IA
06-27-2011, 05:44 AM
On a side note to this thread, I've taken part in a shamanistic/low magic meditation to go back in time through current life and past lives, as well as gone through a high magic ritual to the same end. Both were well potent enough. I was able to connect to those that were closest to me, but this isn't something I have done often. Assumedly with practice and intent I could see how one could visit their anscestors both in the past and future (using those two words loosely) without any major issues.

On the contemplation of words, when I first came to this forum, one of you that has been here a while asked me to contemplate the word "nothing". Since you use "nothing" in your description of oneness, I would wonder if you would contemplate that word yourself and give meaning to "nothing". My own contemplation was quite an enlightening event.

solomon levi
06-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey Frater IA!

Yes. I'm glad you mentioned future "ancestors" or versions of ourselves. That is very important.
And also when considering the DNA web, we are linked to plants and animals as well. And even before DNA
evolved we are linked to the inorganic web, sunshine and space dust. :) Our bodies are made of the earth and stars.
Going within is enfolding or returning to these smaller quantum levels of being where the connectedness is
much more apparent ("the kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed"). I'm seeing more and more that
what has traditionally been called spirit is the very small, the fine, the subtle... DNA and atoms and photons/light...
timeless information right within us, closer than the air we breathe (that in which we "live and move and have our being").
I'd like to convey the idea that communicating with this world is merely a matter of noticing the scale of our dreaming.

Scale is a wonderful word to contemplate: http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=scale&searchmode=none
Notice scales of snakes/dragons, scala - ladder, scalar waves, scale - balance, musical scale...

Scale is very appropriate for this fractal view.

And when we begin a family tree, we see interesting things: the tree of life, the lightning bolt of Zeus, and scales of the
serpent/dragon Ouroboros, the net...

http://www.eprintablecalendars.com/images/arts-and-crafts/family-tree.jpg

http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/images/static_lightning-strike.jpg

http://www.decorative-films-by-maryanne.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/diamond%20pattern.jpg

http://graphics.stanford.edu/courses/cs348b-competition/cs348b-05/snake/data/scales_02.jpg

I was taught a definition of "the void" that has stuck with me and pretty much applies to "nothing":
"one vast nothing materially, all things potentially."
I always break the word into it's parts - no thing
So for me this refers to a time/frequency where things, time, separation, does not exist.
Even the observer does not exist separate from the observed in no thing, so there's nothing to see or describe.
It can't be experienced if that means an experiencer. :) But it can if it doesn't.

ScalerWave
06-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Good post Levi... Another syncronicity for me. Agree 100%.

I think it alludes so many because it seems most people dwell in the ego realm and think that is all there is. I didn't realize there was something more until a pschedelic trip. To me, I'd have to say that a psychedelic trip should be a rite of passage for everyone. At least one trip.

Talking with some others last night, I had the idea that to be "initiated" into the Mystery Schools probably had something to do with "tripping". Sure enough, one of the guys started sending links to Tarot type symbolic pictures showing mushrooms appearing with Alchemic symbolism, which looked very similar to amanitas. Then the term "solve et coagula" took on another level of meaning since it is the ego that gets dissolved during a psychedelic trip and reformed slowly as the agent wears off.

Maybe another level of meaning to the Red Lion symbol?.... not sure......

Heh heh.... Here is something going thru my mind.... Is one's imagination a figment of one's imagination?

ScalerWave
06-27-2011, 06:49 PM
My understanding of nothing is that it is the absence of something.... So.... Without there being something to compare it to, nothing can't exist. I mean, there can be something without nothing but not nothing without something.... At least it makes sense if I don't think about it too much.

solomon levi
06-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Hi ScalerWave.
Yeah, I agree about the psychadelics too. From what I've been shown, religions "sprouted"
from ingesting certain plants. And there's been times when i am certain that there is some hint
of the philosopher's stone in them.

:) Good point about solve-coagula. I've contemplated that alot. Think I blogged on it.

"Is one's imagination a figment of one's imagination?"
Haha! I imagine it is. :)
A scarier thought for me was, "Is it my imagination, or the DNA imagining this?"
"Do thoughts seem to rise and fall without a thinker because they're not mine but someone else's? The DNA's?"

I don't know if you've experienced that, but mushrooms really opened up the DNA world for me,
and also aliens, which in my experience were future versions of ourselves/DNA. And also that DNA/aliens was god.
Weird stuff. I didn't want to see it cause it was deconstructing me so much, but i also didn't want to not see the truth.

The way I can translate that DNA is god is this:
You know how there's this idea that we each have a soul and it has a memory, and in some versions we're
here having experiences, making known the unknown so that God can know Itself. That is, we are God the manifest,
and God is the unmanifest. And so there's this idea that we live and when we die we report to heaven or whatever,
or our soul does, or we have a life review in the light, etc... and our experiences are "downloaded" to "God".
In Castaneda's translation we are devoured by the Eagle, or it will take a recapitulation and you can go past (retain awareness).
Anyway, I saw that DNA are also collectors of information in the very same way that everyone is saying "god" is.
When one dies, the DNA are still alive, and your energy/awareness enfolds into one of these smaller quantum levels.
In my experience, the DNA beings were like insects - ants or bees - industrial in collecting information, memories...
as much detail as they can extract from you. It was kinda weird. :)

ScalerWave
06-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I look at DNA as more of the component of a being instead of a being itself. More like the medium to transmit the message rather than broadcaster of the message. My psychedelic experience was more like a behind the scenes look behind the curtain of the ego. At the time I was atheistic so there was a measure of gloom as I imagined myself as a mere machine forced into a pointless existence and felt sorry for anyone being brought into this pointless world.

That dissipated though as I began to be filled with wonder and a flood of images and information that was like an accelerated education. One main point being that I was more than I had assumed that I was and then I discovered that I had power over my perception. For example, I drank brandy and imagined it was lemonade and it tasted like lemonade. No normal reflex to drinking alcohol at all. I had control over things that I didn't normally have control of and realized how the ego is sort of a collection of subroutines that go into action without much thought.

I sensed another presence and that was when I felt at one with the universe. The image of 3 strands of light coming together and merging into one came into my mind but I can only imagine what that meant. Looking at the pavement in the night time street light brought up images on the sidewalk, of Incan engravings of lions and serpent heads and the like. Not sure why though. The image of a school room with one of the students getting up to leave made a lasting impression.

At the end of it, I felt like the Star Child at the end of 2001:A Space Oddysee. Makes me wonder about the meaning behind that movie. Hal did remind me of the machine like quality of the ego and how it can be programmed and kill without feeling.... Consequently, it was deactivated or dissolved by Bowman who went on to become one with the universe.

This is where I was going about why the masses don't see the unity. It's basically hidden behind the curtain of the ego.

3+O(
06-28-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.decorative-films-by-maryanne.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/diamond%20pattern.jpg

Thomas Browne wrote an extended piece on the symbolism of the quincunx:
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/gardennoframes/gardenn.html

Browne and alchemy:
http://levity.com/alchemy/sir_thomas_browne.html

Frater IA
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Is it "safe" to ask why specific types of mushrooms were used in your experiences? That being asked, by March of next year my contract with the government (dirty bastards) is up, and I will be leaving them. I've talked to many of my mentors and have mentioned I'd like to do meditations using various natural substances. While mushrooms was one of them, there are many different types and effects from them. It would be nice to narrow down what can help me connect to what level on consciousness.

ScalerWave
06-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Hello Frater IA,

Here is link that might help.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml

There is a YouTube channel called Neurosoup with videos on the topic.

solomon levi
06-29-2011, 06:04 PM
I look at DNA as more of the component of a being instead of a being itself. More like the medium to transmit the message rather than broadcaster of the message.

This is what my whole experience and visions of Oneness/connectedness are based on: that the components dream
together to form larger entities which dream together to form larger ones, etc. Differing numbers of electrons, protons
and neutrons dream together to form the various elements of the Periodic Table. These elements dream together to form
hydrocarbons, carbohydrates, silicates, etc, etc, and eventually DNA. Various strands or strings of DNA dream together
to form plants, animals, people. People dream together to form families, communities, cities, states, countries, etc, etc.
In my experience, each level or dreaming platform is composed of beings themselves, which are also components of larger beings.

This is where I was going about why the masses don't see the unity. It's basically hidden behind the curtain of the ego.

Yes. I can relate.
In my observations, the ego is the apparent product of self-reflection, memory, association. The mind collects memories
of past events and future dreams and forms them into an entity (which is completely imaginary). It creates this entity
through identification - mine/not mine, this is me/this is not me. When in the bigger picture it is truly All "me" (which = no "me").
A taste of this, a practice, a "little particular", is to either adopt all knowledge, or surrender all knowledge. That is, no view excluded,
or no view accepted. It's particularly fun, IMO, to not know something we have presumed to know as part of ourselves. For
example, any habit can be released by not knowing what it is. In practice this would go like this: I have a thought or impulse to
smoke a cigarette. I tell myself, "without a past, without memory, without a self, I don't even know what a cigarette is." This, of
course is not just words you tell yourself, but you assume that vantage point of having no memory. Then there is no craving, no desire.

I call this a "little particular" because it is a practice, and therefore a discipline and a fragmenting of the One. The true Self is not a
practice or discipline. So this is just one of the many things we can do if we want to program a specific reality or view.
I see that one is not better than another. In striving, I strive towards the relatively more objective view as I can. In not
striving, it's all the same. :)

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading more.

solomon levi
06-29-2011, 06:06 PM

Browne and alchemy:

Thanks! I'll check that out when i have some time and get back to you.

solomon levi
06-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Is it "safe" to ask why specific types of mushrooms were used in your experiences? That being asked, by March of next year my contract with the government (dirty bastards) is up, and I will be leaving them. I've talked to many of my mentors and have mentioned I'd like to do meditations using various natural substances. While mushrooms was one of them, there are many different types and effects from them. It would be nice to narrow down what can help me connect to what level on consciousness.

Psilocybe Cyanescens are quite effective and have made my deepest journeys.
Psilocybe Cubensis is another popular one which in my opinion are not quite as serious as Cyanescens.
That is, I think one has a little more control, things are more lighthearted, not as scary; scary meaning totally obliterating your former reality.
I don't have enough experience with Amanita Muscaria, but have heard wonderful things. My attempt resulted in massive sweating
and spending much focus on not choking on my saliva. I think this is where the baptism comes from. I sweated through 3 changes of
clothes before i finally got in the bath tub. I felt amazingly clean and pure the next morning. Like every pore was breathing.
While this was less than my expectations, it was still wonderful. I'll try it again. The nice thing about Amanitas is you can find
them yourself in late fall/early winter, when the rains start, at most Christmas tree farms here in Washington state.

solomon levi
06-30-2011, 08:47 PM

Browne and alchemy:

Well, this is fascinating to me. I hadn't heard of the quincunx before.
I had made the connection to the tetractys.
Seems Browne also took it into nature as Fibonacci - pine cones and sunflowers, etc.
Another interesting one I thought of while reading him - masonry:

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/7096/7096,1158375297,1/stock-photo-red-brick-wall-with-gray-mortar-1849034.jpg

Another i had contemplated was the Pythagorean 'Y' or choice (wrote a blog on X and Y chromosomes, etc) which evolves the same way -
you have two choices, then from those two choices you have four, etc.

Another i gave thought to is the Einstein-Minkowski light cone:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/16/World_line.svg/300px-World_line.svg.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World_line.svg)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_cone

This is where I was going with the whole quincunx thing and non-choice.
Non-choice allows us to explore the "hypersurface of the present" outside of linear time.
This allows us to jump into parallel realities or assume a position that is not the product of our past.
(when you place lots of light cones in a grid, like our quincunx grid/net/web)

solomon levi
07-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Here is another good exercise or option.
I kind of make my "mantra" "How do you know?".
Which means, when I am observing myself placing attention or fixating on a description as real,
I catch myself and say, "How do you know that?". And the answer always is that I don't.
This exercise is called 'walking the razor's edge', or the straight and narrow (opposed to extremes,
swinging, emotional investment, etc). By not knowing, things and yourself become undefined
and a lot of the past can be dropped and room made for the new and more energy available to
handle/maintain/endure it. This "attitude" or "dreaming platform" opens up obstructions caused by knowledge,
believing and doing.

ScalerWave
07-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Ultimate wisdom Levi !

So many battles fought over what someone believes that they "know" when they don't really know anything.

"How does one "Know""?... anything?

How peaceful would the world be if everyone understood that they can't "know" anything?

I mean... everything is merely a belief based on sensory data interpreted by the brain and one's current world view or paradigm.

The brain is so easily fooled to believe anything though. Yet still, people in general simply to do not question their own senses.

solomon levi
07-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks ScalerWave. :)

I've been seeing the connection between not-knowing and the hollow oak, the empty cup, beginner's mind...
"Hollow" is the space/aether in which events occur. Hollow is etymologically related to whole, holo, halo...

I'll add my latest definition/understanding of magic:
It's that paradoxical place where separate and whole meet.
I mean, from wholeness/oneness alone, there is no need/desire for magic/altering.
From separateness there is no possibility for magic/altering.
So magic is the yoga/union of separate consciousness and whole consciousness.
How to realize separateness and wholeness simultaneously.
Try it. :)

ScalerWave
07-17-2011, 01:12 AM
My brain thinks in images so I always use the Apple Tree. Each apple is distinct yet still part of the whole.

Here is a very cool video on the subject of separateness and wholeness also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqliNMfapwQ&feature=related

The main point starts at about 1:15

Manly P. Hall did a really good lecture on Magic that is just jam packed with brilliant insight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcyA8-qtEbU&playnext=1&list=PL2601E38096958953

I never thought seriously about magic but Hall seems to be the GoTo guy on the subject.

On the subject of not "knowing", Socrates or Plato seems to be the Master but Hume takes it to the extreme:
This guy did an excellent 3 minute study on David Hume and epistemology... funny too heh heh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3QZ2Ko-FOg

Here's a funny 3 Minute lesson on Plato & Socrates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q34MHpBu0Oo

Awani
07-17-2011, 02:30 PM
I've been seeing the connection between not-knowing and the hollow oak, the empty cup, beginner's mind...
"Hollow" is the space/aether in which events occur. Hollow is etymologically related to whole, holo, halo...

According to the Greeks the beginning of the universe was a void, an empty yawning (chaos), and out of this everything was formed. With birth we are born empty (possibly with past life bagage... who knows), a blank page, and through life we fill it (usually with crap)... those who seek enlightenment always have to empty the cup and fill it with better liquid. Unbrainwashing! If successful the HALO appear;)

Are you living in a house in the forest? I imagine you are.

:cool:

solomon levi
07-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Are you living in a house in the forest? I imagine you are.

I don't think one would call it a forest, but there are lots of fir trees and oaks. :)

Thanks for the links ScalerWave. I'll check those out when i have time.

solomon levi
07-19-2011, 07:05 PM
I was wandering the library, waiting for a computer today and found this quote
which is apropos to the "How do you know?" exercise:

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life
you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes

solomon levi
08-10-2011, 09:56 PM
I used to think relatively objective reality was more real than subjective reality.
Now I see it is just more objective.

Aleilius
08-11-2011, 12:04 AM
I used to think relatively objective reality was more real than subjective reality.
Now I see it is just more objective.

What do you mean good sir? This is too subjective for me! :D

Ghislain
08-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Sol

I doubt all the time. Do you think that makes me a real seeker? :o I doubt it.

Didn't Descartes also coin the phrase, "I think therefore I am", when in reality it should be,
"I feel therefore I am". IMHO

I find what I think is often wrong, but what I feel is, more often than not, right.

Ghislain

solomon levi
08-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Well, my point is that reality is reality, whatever it is.
As I have been understanding consciousness and magick more and more,
I have a lot of respect for everyone's magick, their world, their definitions, descriptions...
Their radionics system.
That subjective realities exist is proof of magick. Our delusions are proof of magick.
What else can we focus our magick on? It's unlimited.

What we are searching for is us, is with us, all along.
We are already magickal. One doesn't become more magickal -
one only increases one's accessible chi and broadens one's definitions of what is possible. :)

solomon levi
01-31-2012, 08:44 AM
The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one perceived. Subject and object are only one. The barrier between them cannot be said to have broken down as a result of recent experience in the physical sciences, for this barrier does not exist. -Erwin Schrodinger

solomon levi
04-20-2012, 08:30 PM
I just posted this to my blog, but I'll repost it here if anyone would like to comment on it.
I feel like it should have a warning - not for fragile egos. If this freaks you out too much,
please dismiss it/me as totally lost and incredulous. I won't be offended. :)

One should also keep in mind (hah! silly phrase relative to this topic) that a little knowledge
is a dangerous thing. Do not think about this. It is meant to be seen directly. Either way,
you may find your shield ir-repair-ably cracked.

One of the necessities of "experiencing" Oneness is to "dissolve" twoness.
What is twoness? Self and not-self, subject and object, thinker and thought, etc.
The idea of the individual separate ego is one of the trickiest to unveil, mainly
because we have identified ourselves with this separate ego and try to use it to
unveil itself, which it won't and can't do. Another way we are roped into this
deception is to identify with our thoughts. Let me try to show you, or at least
describe, how this is so. Try to follow this with me - look into yourself. It means
nothing to "understand" this with your reason. You must see it directly.

Answer this question: who are you?

Okay. Don't go too far with that. What I really want you to see is that when you
endeavor to answer this question, or any question, you begin thinking. What is
thinking? It is presently filing or searching through your memories, your knowledge.
Memories and knowledge... do you see this is the past? Your knowledge is what you
already know. It is accumulated and stored as memory. You can't think about some-
thing you don't know - you have no word, no image, no impression of it. So when you
are thinking you are accessing the past. This is important to see because it will bring
you to the present and "automatically" or effortlessly undo twoness. We can't undo
twoness because we want to or because it is wrong or bad or by trying to avoid it or
go towards something else... all these ARE twoness. The "wanter" cannot be there!
You cannot have a separate individual will from the Universal Being of what is!
So any effort on your part will result in twoness. Understand? But seeing what is
directly, that all thought is the past for example, is simply noticing the truth, or what
actually is. It is not an effort to change anything. Let's continue.

So I am endeavoring to point out to you that the ego, or idea of the separate individual
self as a consistent and continuous being (which is how we think of ourselves - stringing
our past memories together into an apparent continuous being who has learned, grown
and changed, but is essentially still "me"... a linear personal history from birth to present,
point A to point B, two very distinct and unrelated points separated by time and space,
yet "magically" associated by memory-knowledge-the past; a past that only exists in our
minds, in our memories, kept "alive" by our re-member-ing. "Re" meaning "done again",
i.e. not new. Is it any wonder that we age when we are rarely ever new, due to continuous
thinking and association/identification with dead past thoughts? Ok, let me try to continue
again.) ...so this idea (and I intend for you to see directly that it is indeed an idea and not
an actual entity) of the separate self/ego is composed of thought, of memory, of knowledge,
of association. Here is what I really want to reveal to you - a great secret and mystery and
tragedy and usurping of spirit: you/we think that you are the thinker having thoughts, as if
you are in control, as if you are the subject, the entity. But watch and see for yourself -
thought has objectified itself as the thinker! You really don't exist.

Forgive me for what I have said. This place is terrible!
But it is said that "fear/awe is the beginning of knowledge, and fools despise wisdom and
instruction." - Proverbs 1:7

Have we not been fools/fooled by our worship of knowledge?
You who claim to love wisdom/chokmah/sophia/sapientia... Isis has never been unveiled
by a mortal! Don't you know you - the illusory idea of the thinker/ego/self - must die to see
Her? Don't you know that Her veil is you? Your apparent existence - "I think, therefore I am" -
is Her death. Your death is Her life. She ate of the tree of knowledge (now do you understand
knowledge?) and was exiled from "the Garden". If you wish to return, you must exile knowledge
to regain (the tree of) Life ("Eve" means "living"; not dead like knowledge).
But you cannot force this exile! You simply see it as the truth; you simply cease seeing/believing
the illusion.

May the All-One shine Its Grace upon you.

solomon levi
04-20-2012, 08:31 PM
This post is an extension of the previous one on the apparent self. Please familiarise
yourself with it first.

The idea of the self is inextricably combined with the idea of time. Time is, only when
separate self is (apparently, never actually). The idea of the separate self is a center, the
thinker, and correspondingly a circumference, that which one thinks about, one's knowledge,
the projection of the past. This subject-object relationship is separateness, distance and time.
Time is the distance between thoughts. Thoughts are time associated entities. Do you see?

The projection of the past onto the present as thinking is time; and the projection of the past
knowledge/thinking into an imagined future is also psychological time... again, the self/ego,
knowledge, which is the past, projecting and objectifying itself as the present and future is
apparent time and apparent ego identity - both psychological, linear, associative, apparent
constructs with no actual reality.

The true and actual present/Presence is timeless, quintessential, unassociated, unconditioned
(by knowledge) consciousness/awareness. Thus the wise Moses said, "Make no image of YHVH."

Time is limit. Knowledge is always limited, finite.
Trinity said, "The Matrix cannot tell you who you are."
When I ask, "Who are you?", why do you start thinking?
Thinking cannot tell you who you are.

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become
troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."
- The Gospel of Thomas

solomon levi
04-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi. Androgynus, or anyone...
Would someone please tell me if what I posted was at least comprehensible?
Did I communicate clearly, or is this language too ungrounded?
Did it make sense, even if you don't agree?
Just so I can have an outside perspective...
Thanks.

Nibiru
04-23-2012, 05:29 AM
Awesome Solomon!! Thanks for sharing these posts with the rest of us who don't always keep up with your blog.

I've read these posts quite a few times and am still in the process of trying to digest some of what you have conveyed..

My girlfriend said you should read Spinoza if you haven't already..

solomon levi
04-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks Nibiru. :)
I haven't read Spinoza. I'll look into it.
Any particular title?
"Ethics" looks like a good start.
Recommend any particular translations?
How about this one?
http://frank.mtsu.edu/~rbombard/RB/Spinoza/ethica-front.html

solomon levi
04-23-2012, 10:48 AM
I love this lady's books. I was going to recommend them and just found this interview.
Very insightful on the state of no-self from a christian/catholic perspective.

http://o-meditation.com/2009/10/16/from-the-unitive-state-to-no-self-bernadette-roberts/

It's interesting that both she and Krishnamurti and some non-dualists refer to the
center and circumference. For a time, my favorite "non-dualist" was Jeff Foster, whose
site is called "life without a center"
http://www.lifewithoutacentre.com/

"What is Life Without A Centre? Life Without A Centre is about the non-separation (‘nonduality’) between you and your world.
It is about the origin of suffering, and the discovery of freedom within that very suffering.
It is about the ways in which we try to run away from uncomfortable and painful experiences, and the possibility of discovering
ease and relief right in the midst of those experiences. It is about seeking, and the end of seeking. It is about seeing life as it is, right now."

solomon levi
04-23-2012, 11:31 AM
One of the most profound experiences that opened me to non-duality
was that "This" is all there ever is. We can think about the past or future,
but we do so from here, from "this". What was really monumental to me
was that if this is all there ever is - and I can see that it is true and always
has been and always will be. can you? - then "enlightenment" must be
right now, since there has never been any other time and never will be.
(Previously, enlightenment was something I would achieve in some future.)

You have to understand that this was more than mere logic or conjecture
or reasoning. I knew it (gnosis) through and through. I could see it right
before my eyes. Just knowing that this is all there ever is made this more
than it ever was (no ordinary moments), also very similar to Gurdjieff's
self-remembering.

http://www.satrakshita.be/self-remembering.htm
http://www.endlesssearch.co.uk/philo_selfremember.htm

zoas23
04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
My girlfriend said you should read Spinoza if you haven't already..

Wise girl! The posts made me remember of Deleuze... who is mostly a "Spinozian", a modern Spinoza.

Oneness is the most obvious and all-pervasive thing/no-thing there is.
So why does it elude so many?

I was reading the posts... you asked if they make sense and if they are clear.
I think they are.
I think i walk most of the way next to you, but near the end of the way we both take very different paths of understanding.

Browne and alchemy:

THANKS! I loved the book!!! I had no idea that it existed, I didn't know the author... and it became specially useful for me, because of a subject I was investigating. THANKS!!!

horticult
04-23-2012, 04:16 PM
>solomon levi

can you describe /& compare it with "old" ;-) or "normal"/ some aspect from everyday life, when you ""operate from that point""?

III
04-24-2012, 04:24 AM
I just posted this to my blog, but I'll repost it here if anyone would like to comment on it.
I feel like it should have a warning - not for fragile egos. If this freaks you out too much,
please dismiss it/me as totally lost and incredulous. I won't be offended. :)

One should also keep in mind (hah! silly phrase relative to this topic) that a little knowledge
is a dangerous thing. Do not think about this. It is meant to be seen directly. Either way,
you may find your shield ir-repair-ably cracked.

One of the necessities of "experiencing" Oneness is to "dissolve" twoness.
What is twoness? Self and not-self, subject and object, thinker and thought, etc.
The idea of the individual separate ego is one of the trickiest to unveil, mainly
because we have identified ourselves with this separate ego and try to use it to
unveil itself, which it won't and can't do. Another way we are roped into this
deception is to identify with our thoughts. Let me try to show you, or at least
describe, how this is so. Try to follow this with me - look into yourself. It means
nothing to "understand" this with your reason. You must see it directly.

Answer this question: who are you?

Okay. Don't go too far with that. What I really want you to see is that when you
endeavor to answer this question, or any question, you begin thinking. What is
thinking? It is presently filing or searching through your memories, your knowledge.
Memories and knowledge... do you see this is the past? Your knowledge is what you
already know. It is accumulated and stored as memory. You can't think about some-
thing you don't know - you have no word, no image, no impression of it. So when you
are thinking you are accessing the past. This is important to see because it will bring
you to the present and "automatically" or effortlessly undo twoness. We can't undo
twoness because we want to or because it is wrong or bad or by trying to avoid it or
go towards something else... all these ARE twoness. The "wanter" cannot be there!
You cannot have a separate individual will from the Universal Being of what is!
So any effort on your part will result in twoness. Understand? But seeing what is
directly, that all thought is the past for example, is simply noticing the truth, or what
actually is. It is not an effort to change anything. Let's continue.

So I am endeavoring to point out to you that the ego, or idea of the separate individual
self as a consistent and continuous being (which is how we think of ourselves - stringing
our past memories together into an apparent continuous being who has learned, grown
and changed, but is essentially still "me"... a linear personal history from birth to present,
point A to point B, two very distinct and unrelated points separated by time and space,
yet "magically" associated by memory-knowledge-the past; a past that only exists in our
minds, in our memories, kept "alive" by our re-member-ing. "Re" meaning "done again",
i.e. not new. Is it any wonder that we age when we are rarely ever new, due to continuous
thinking and association/identification with dead past thoughts? Ok, let me try to continue
again.) ...so this idea (and I intend for you to see directly that it is indeed an idea and not
an actual entity) of the separate self/ego is composed of thought, of memory, of knowledge,
of association. Here is what I really want to reveal to you - a great secret and mystery and
tragedy and usurping of spirit: you/we think that you are the thinker having thoughts, as if
you are in control, as if you are the subject, the entity. But watch and see for yourself -
thought has objectified itself as the thinker! You really don't exist.

Forgive me for what I have said. This place is terrible!
But it is said that "fear/awe is the beginning of knowledge, and fools despise wisdom and
instruction." - Proverbs 1:7

Have we not been fools/fooled by our worship of knowledge?
You who claim to love wisdom/chokmah/sophia/sapientia... Isis has never been unveiled
by a mortal! Don't you know you - the illusory idea of the thinker/ego/self - must die to see
Her? Don't you know that Her veil is you? Your apparent existence - "I think, therefore I am" -
is Her death. Your death is Her life. She ate of the tree of knowledge (now do you understand
knowledge?) and was exiled from "the Garden". If you wish to return, you must exile knowledge
to regain (the tree of) Life ("Eve" means "living"; not dead like knowledge).
But you cannot force this exile! You simply see it as the truth; you simply cease seeing/believing
the illusion.

May the All-One shine Its Grace upon you.

So I am endeavoring to point out to you that the ego, or idea of the separate individual self as a consistent and continuous being (which is how we think of ourselves - stringing our past memories together into an apparent continuous being who has learned, grown and changed, but is essentially still "me"... a linear personal history from birth to present, point A to point B, two very distinct and unrelated points separated by time and space, yet "magically" associated by memory-knowledge-the past; a past that only exists in our minds, in our memories, kept "alive" by our re-member-ing. "Re" meaning "done again", i.e. not new. Is it any wonder that we age when we are rarely ever new, due to continuous
thinking and association/identification with dead past thoughts? Ok, let me try to continue again.) ...so this idea (and I intend for you to see directly that it is indeed an idea and not an actual entity) of the separate self/ego is composed of thought, of memory, of knowledge, of association. Here is what I really want to reveal to you - a great secret and mystery and tragedy and usurping of spirit: you/we think that you are the thinker having thoughts, as if you are in control, as if you are the subject, the entity. But watch and see for yourself - thought has objectified itself as the thinker! You really don't exist.

Hi Solomon,

So here "we", two fractal fragments of the whole, are. So you think you are the character referred to here as Solomon, and I'm the character referred to here as III? Whenever one lands in a "person" the identity is automatic and there is the "have always have been that person" program that runs on entry. One can have an identity that isn't in the local thought-stream history. The very definition of a non-dualist is that the non-dualist has as highest identity the Absolute.

in our memories, kept "alive" by our re-member-ing. "Re" meaning "done again", i.e. not new.

There can be lot's of recurrances and every now and then a being can lay down a new track. As "life" defined as laying down a "new" track, is where change can happen, and then has always been that, can be left and entered multiple times, one can be totally changed in the blink of an eye, like in The Devil's Advocate. That can be hard on a spouse who expects to wake up with the "same" person, and not a very different person waking up in the same old face/body. A practicing Alchemist is going to be changing/evolving very rapidly compared to the sleepwalkers. An Alchemical partner and voyaging companion understands that happens and is willing to join you and to keep throwing those dice in this game of Jumangi. The partner is a friend of the being looking through the eyes, not the character being played as such. For most of my life I recognized few people as "Old Friends", those I knew in the being.

x

solomon levi
04-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks zoas23.

>solomon levi
can you describe /& compare it with "old" ;-) or "normal"/ some aspect from everyday life, when you ""operate from that point""?

Hi Horticult.
I've been thinking about this and it's really hard for me to put into words,
because I would be describing the absence of something that everyone takes for granted.
One way I can say it is that in direct perception that seeing determines reality, and
so there are no choices to make, no chooser to make them. It's like you have a puzzle
and you're down to the last piece - there's no figuring out where it goes or what to do.
This is the only thing that "makes sense", but not reasoning/thinking sense but sensual sense;
total, wholistic energetic sense...

If I think of something more I'll post it.
But generally it is a freedom from will/self/individual as though you are an object and not a subject,
and so you surrender to the flow of a larger picture, a more encompassing reality.

horticult
04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
last puzzle - good example - nothing else is possible!

there should be an algorithm how to achieve that alef point /Borges/

good q = good a ;-)

i want practical result from this philosophy

solomon levi
04-26-2012, 10:19 PM
"Hi Solomon,

So here "we", two fractal fragments of the whole, are. So you think you are the character referred to here as Solomon, and I'm the character referred to here as III? Whenever one lands in a "person" the identity is automatic and there is the "have always have been that person" program that runs on entry. One can have an identity that isn't in the local thought-stream history. The very definition of a non-dualist is that the non-dualist has as highest identity the Absolute.

in our memories, kept "alive" by our re-member-ing. "Re" meaning "done again", i.e. not new.

There can be lot's of recurrances and every now and then a being can lay down a new track. As "life" defined as laying down a "new" track, is where change can happen, and then has always been that, can be left and entered multiple times, one can be totally changed in the blink of an eye, like in The Devil's Advocate. That can be hard on a spouse who expects to wake up with the "same" person, and not a very different person waking up in the same old face/body. A practicing Alchemist is going to be changing/evolving very rapidly compared to the sleepwalkers. An Alchemical partner and voyaging companion understands that happens and is willing to join you and to keep throwing those dice in this game of Jumangi. The partner is a friend of the being looking through the eyes, not the character being played as such. For most of my life I recognized few people as "Old Friends", those I knew in the being."

No, no. I don't think I'm Solomon and you're III.
I agree to those rules as much as we need to in order to converse,
but I certainly don't believe in them or think of you as anything.
I keep a general file - that you are savvy on B vitamins and sexual alchemy
for example. But otherwise I try to take only the content of the current post
as your present representation. The whole intent is to be as present as possible
with you; to not form an image of who you are, to not make you a known
or quantifiable account in my inventory; to not operate from my inventory.
Castaneda's don Juan says it is the Eagle's command that we take an inventory,
but it doesn't command that we worship the inventory. A warrior takes an
inventory and then throws it away. An "average man" worships his inventory,
gets an MBA or PhD and hangs it on the wall... he IS his knowledge, or
identifies with it - which most all of us do, not just PhDs. The "problem" with
that is it identifies oneself as the past, the knowledge is always projected onto
the present and future, and the knowledge is a very small percentage of the
whole, our whole potential. It works well enough in society (not really - it is
the source of all our miseries), but for an explorer of infinity it is an impediment -
the fixed gross which must be solved and subtlised.

"The identity is automatic..."
Understood, I think... but I like to interrupt automatic processes and make them intentional,
or intend something new/not automatic.

Yes! Non-locality. :)

"The very definition of a non-dualist is that the non-dualist has as highest identity the Absolute."

Yes. I am also interested what we can do in the relative when freed from our knowledge/program -
adopting other "non-ordinary" knowledges/programs/interpretations/manifestations. Such would
be healing, miracles, longevity, manifesting from the ether, shape-shifting, lucid dreaming...
Solving the identity/ego/knowledge is the door/prerequisite to both non-ordinary relative and absolute.

As long as the new track, which by definition, is not/cannot be a recurrance (it's new).
A new track comes from a pause, a not-knowing, a break from knowledge into
insight/grace/intuition/gnosis/silence/presence, etc. This inviting/magnetising the new/unknown
can be cultivated by cleaning the soil of the past (not soiling the prima with a conditioned thing) -
"Do not put new wine into old skins." "The weeds/tares will choke out the new seed.":
our old dead knowledge does not allow change/new because it is automatic/mechanical/predictive/
linear/cause-effect/pre-determined...
Gurdjieff proposed an interesting model or reason why change/new doesn't happen without an
additional effort or energy or "shock", noting the half-tones in the musical scale (law of 7). The
initial "shock" was satisfied by self-observation; a teaching that goes well with Castaneda's
"stalking oneself/being a hunter" and not-doing.

solomon levi
04-26-2012, 11:45 PM
i want practical result from this philosophy

It's a tricky topic. On the one hand, practical/useful brings forth a will/ego/alteration
of what is, a desire and a known/desired outcome, a projection.
On the other hand, if you can't use it, where's the motivation?

This is why it is a way for the pure.
But it apparently can be tapped. The Yoga Aphorisms of Patanjali give this distinction:

38. These are obstacles to Samadhi; but they are powers in the worldly state.
"To the Yogi knowledge of the enjoyments of the world comes by the junction of the Purusha and the mind. If he wants to make Samyama on the knowledge that they are two different things, nature and soul, he gets knowledge of the Purusha. From that arises discrimination. When he has got that discrimination, he gets the Pratibha, the light of supreme genius. These powers, however, are obstructions to the attainment of the highest goal, the knowledge of the pure Self, and freedom. These are, as it were, to be met in the way; and if the Yogi rejects them, he attains the highest. If he is tempted to acquire these, his further progress is barred."

Likwise, Castaneda's don Juan distinguishes himself and his party as New Seers
attaining freedom as opposed to the old ways of the sorcerers. Somewhere in the books I recall
a distinction made between a seer and a sorcerer - a seer sees whereas a sorcerer wants to
act upon or benefit by what is seen.

Personally, I think one has to experiment with these powers a little.

The rest of this post is unrelated to Horticult specifically, just adding to the thread.
Some more quotes from Patanjali and some thoughts:

6. Egoism is the identification of the seer with the instrument of seeing.
"The seer is really the Self, the pure one, the ever holy, the infinite, the immortal. This is the Self of man. And what are the instruments? The Chitta or mind-stuff, the Buddhi or determinative faculty, the Manas or mind, and the Indriyas or sense-organs. These are the instruments for him to see the external world, and the identification of the Self with the instruments is what is called the ignorance of egoism. We say, "I am the mind," "I am thought," "I am angry," or "I am happy". How can we be angry and how can we hate? We should identify ourselves with the Self that cannot change. If It is unchangeable, how can It be one moment happy, and one moment unhappy? It is formless, infinite, omnipresent. What can change It ? It is beyond all law. What can affect it? Nothing in the universe can produce an effect on It. Yet through ignorance, we identify ourselves with the mind-stuff, and think we feel pleasure or pain."

From what I have seen, people often mistake ego for negative aspects, narcisism, greed, selfishness,
even Castaneda's "self-importance". But those are mere trimmings - not the essence of the issue, which
is the idea of the separate self/divided whole - identification with thoughts/mind.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/15109984/Yoga-Aphorisms-of-Patanjali-translation-and-commentary-by-Swami-Prabhavananda-and-Christopher-Isherwood

This is a great book IMO. But I don't recommend "controlling" the thought-waves in the mind.
You only need to see them for what they are. How can you control them? They are not yours.
You are not them. You might as well try controlling everyone else's thoughts while you're at it.
Control is still the whole separation/division game, a game you can't win; simply stop playing.
So what does one do? Simply bring more awareness. When awareness is total, there is no dualism
or separation or thinking-thinker-thought.
In "no ordinary moments", the only thing that changes is the deepening of awareness, or Castaneda's
"heightened awareness". Nothing else is changed or controlled. If the subject truly interests you,
there will be no problem - you will be absorbed in it. If it doesn't, don't bother trying. Why? Why try
to force yourself? That is division/fragmentation - the old paradigm.

Nibiru
04-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks Nibiru. :)
I haven't read Spinoza. I'll look into it.
Any particular title?
"Ethics" looks like a good start.
Recommend any particular translations?
How about this one?
http://frank.mtsu.edu/~rbombard/RB/Spinoza/ethica-front.html

Sorry I just got a response from her, and yes "Ethics" is the work she recommends. Apparently his philosophy is very non-duelist in nature. When she saw that I had been rereading your blog post, she decided to read it and thought you shared some similar philosophies with Spinoza..

Wise girl! The posts made me remember of Deleuze... who is mostly a "Spinozian", a modern Spinoza.
Hello zoas23 :) She said,"thanks for the compliment" and she'll look into Deleuze..

solomon levi
04-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Thank you.

Here is an exercise some may wish to try towards a non-dual, no-self view:
http://www.plotinus.com/soul_exercise_copy(1).htm

It's funny though, there was a period in my life when I could say there wasn't
one thing I can think of that I didn't create, that was not a result of my consciousness,
based on the same exercise! But that was when I thought I was a subject.
That is incredible! Nothing change but the perceiver. How does such a radical
change of perspective come about?

Castaneda's don Juan said, "There are lots of things a warrior can do at a certain time which he
couldn’t do years before. Those things themselves did not change; what changed was his idea of himself."

If one's "idea of himself" is this linear patchwork of people, places, things, times and events
which we associate and re-member into an entity/identity called "me", the ego...
then what can that ego do? Nothing miraculous. It can only "do" linear cause and effect, of which
is mechanical - there is no doer: we are the result of our genetics, our environment, our upbringing,
our social status, our hard work... classical Newtonian physics. Miracles belong to quantum physics,
non-locality, faster than light particles, etc.

"To be a warrior-hunter is not just to trap game. A warrior-hunter does not catch game because he sets his traps,
or because he knows the routines of his prey, but because he himself has no routines. This is his advantage. He is
not at all like the animals he is after, fixed by heavy routines and predictable quirks; he is free, fluid, unpredictable."

solomon levi
04-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Just came across this Castaneda quote:
"Warriors have no life of their own. From the moment they understand the nature of awareness,
they cease to be persons and the human condition is no longer part of their view."

Seth-Ra
04-29-2012, 06:51 AM
Just came across this Castaneda quote:
"Warriors have no life of their own. From the moment they understand the nature of awareness,
they cease to be persons and the human condition is no longer part of their view."

Thank you for sharing this quote, SL. :) I very much like it.

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
You're welcome seth-ra. :)
I notice alot of people into samurai, martial arts, bushido...
really relate to Castaneda's warrior quotes.

Nibiru
04-29-2012, 08:32 PM
For those who haven't read it, "The Art Of Peace" by Morihei Ueshiba(the founder of Aikido) is a very nice compilation of warrior inspired quotes. Ueshiba apparently founded aikido after a moment of pure realization he experienced from a meditation. Aikido translates to "the Way of unifying (with) life energy".

Here's a link to some quotes from his book: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/morihei_ueshiba.html

"All the principles of heaven and earth are living inside you. Life itself is truth, and this will never change. Everything in heaven and earth breathes. Breath is the thread that ties creation together."
Morihei Ueshiba

"Always keep your mind as bright and clear as the vast sky, the great ocean, and the highest peak, empty of all thoughts. Always keep your body filled with light and heat. Fill yourself with the power of wisdom and enlightenment."
Morihei Ueshiba

'As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you."
Morihei Ueshiba

Seth-Ra
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM
I was once again listening to my audio book of "The Book of Five Rings" last night (by Miyamoto Musashi), and the entire thing is always talking about "The Way" - the "True Way" etc... I have always found Martial Arts to be highly adept at teaching and bringing about the Philosophical Concepts of the Way (All Ways and No Way) into the body, mind and spirit of the student (should they choose to adhere to, and see it as it is, rather than project and muddy the waters - which then creates a fragmented specialized way).

Nibiru,

Those are some nice quotes, i wasnt aware of the book you mentioned, thanks for that. :)
I had an opportunity to take an aikido class once, it is a very flowing Art, and i do like it. Hopefully after i get settled in service i can find a local dojo to go to (or perhaps one on base... maybe both :D).

The one who understands the push and pull of the Life energy, can both breakdown their enemy, and heal their ally. Both are the same, merely polarities of the energy. To correctly read them and move with them in the Void, is the Way. The Way is One Way, even when broken into many ways. :)

~Seth-Ra

Nibiru
04-29-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm glad you liked the quotes Seth-Ra, it's a good book to open to a random page and find a daily meditation. Aikido is a very graceful art that's based as much in philosophy, if not more so, as it is in physical movement.

The one who understands the push and pull of the Life energy, can both breakdown their enemy, and heal their ally. Both are the same, merely polarities of the energy. To correctly read them and move with them in the Void, is the Way. The Way is One Way, even when broken into many ways.

Which are the same? The process of breaking-down/healing, or the concept of enemy/ally ;)

Seth-Ra
04-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Which are the same? The process of breaking-down/healing, or the concept of enemy/ally ;)

Both, of course. :)

After all, without one, you wouldn't need the other - thus respect and understanding for both is necessary, and todays enemy could be tomorrows ally and vice-versa. To defeat them/break them - does not HAVE to mean literally killing them, it could just be killing the flaws in their perception, and later, they may repay the favor. It is written:

Just as a steel sharpens steel, so too does a friend sharpen a friend.
There is no reason why friends cannot be opponents/enemies - and often is the case where they argue and fight or spar. ;)

Its sad the modern world has lost its "etiquette" of war/combat - but this too is needed for the grand scheme of the times. Still, i choose to uphold to it. :)

~Seth-Ra

Nibiru
04-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Well said Seth-Ra!! I would have to agree, even if I do try to avoid confrontation whenever possible..

Here are a couple more quotes from "The Art Of Peace" that I really like that seem to fit well with the concept of oneness/connectedness:

"Those who are possessed by nothing possess everything."
Morihei Ueshiba

"To injure an opponent is to injure yourself. To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace."
Morihei Ueshiba

"Study how water flows in a valley stream, smoothly and freely between the rocks. Also learn from holy books and wise people. Everything - even mountains, rivers, plants and trees - should be your teacher."
Morihei Ueshiba

"The divine is not something high above us. It is in heaven, it is in earth, it is inside us."
Morihei Ueshiba

"The heart of a human being is no different from the soul of heaven and earth. In your practice always keep in your thoughts the interaction of heaven and earth, water and fire, yin and yang."
Morihei Ueshiba

Seth-Ra
04-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Well said Seth-Ra!! I would have to agree, even if I do try to avoid confrontation whenever possible..

I tend to engage in it more subtly than i use to - a more gentle approach, one i think is nicely reflected in your second quote. ;)

A Seeker/Student of Truth is a Killer of Lies (which include ignorance, illusions, and false beliefs), and a wise Seeker/Student knows the amount of force to apply in all situations. :)

Sometimes it is silence, sometimes its a sentence, sometimes it is a word - but always it is Spirit, which makes up our Sword. :cool:

~Seth-Ra

Seth-Ra
04-30-2012, 08:39 AM
A quote from that struck me as further relevant to this discussion:

There is no "interior" nor "surface" in Strategy. I gradually endeavor to explain the Deep Principle, points which it is hardly able to comprehend, according to the pupil's progress. In any event, because the way to understanding is through experience I do not speak of "interior" and "gate". In this world, if you go into the mountains and decide to go deeper and yet deeper, instead you will emerge at the gate. Whatever the way, it has an interior, and it is sometimes a good thing to point out the gate. In Strategy, we cannot say what is concealed and what is revealed. In my Ichi School of the Long Sword [Ichi School = "One School", "long sword" is the katana in this case], there is no "gate" nor "interior", there is no inner meaning in sword attitudes [which there are 5 of, spoken of earlier in the book]. You must simply keep your Spirit True, to realize the virtue of Strategy.
-Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings: The Wind Book

What he calls "Strategy" can be seen as both the mind, and the no-mind - the sense of True Self/Whole - not false ego-self/Me/I.
It is a union of Spirit and Mind, subconscious and conscious. The very next thing which comes after the above quote, is his book (or perhaps more properly called "chapter") of the Void, which further demonstrates the point. :)

I liked it though, and thought it worth mentioning, going from the commonly perceived fractionalization of an "inner sanctum" vs the "outer court" or some such - as if anything separates anyone, ever, really. All is the same, together and One - the "pupil" must simply receive that All-ness in each One-moment, thus living and flowing in the Empty/Full Void of Now/Eternity. :)

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
05-02-2012, 05:11 AM
I want to share a perspective that is really fascinating IMO.
It is the experience of the virgin birth.
I can now confirm that this indeed does occur in the life of a mystic.
The first paragraph reads as my personal experience and the second paragraph
reads as one might find it in alchemical and hermetical mystical translation.

After the dark night of the soul and the cloud of unknowing, there is a distinct
and clear awareness that I am not the child of my parents, not a product of
past events, not the latest point of a linear sequence of events...
instead one finds that who they are is some spontaneous manifestation
of causeless awareness, causeless as in not cause and effect - the source of
this awareness cannot be identified... you can't say or determine "this is how it
happened". And yet here you are... not the child your parents raised, not the product
of your education, not even the result of some mystical experiences or philosophical
readings or meditations... but somewhere in the middle of your life there appears
the self-originated one or autogenes.
And it doesn't belong to this world - the world cannot see it. Although it is the foundation
of all worlds, which all words/worlds are built upon, the builders do not know it. Only a few
who unbuild the world suspect its existence. Fewer still can cultivate it in its nude form. While
the whole world clothes it in elements/stoicheia/autiot/letters and words, not knowing what they
do, for they cannot relate to god without images, thus they relate to images instead of god; they
identify with the image-maker instead of consciousness. The objective actual world is occulted
by subjective dream worlds; the Self is eclipsed by knowledge/ego; the King is dethroned/usurped
by an immature martial son...

solomon levi
05-02-2012, 07:56 AM
"The self dreams the double. Once it has learned to dream the double, the self arrives at this weird crossroad and a moment comes when one realizes that it is the double who dreams the self. Your double is dreaming you. No one knows how it happens. We only know that it does happen. That's the mystery of us as luminous beings. You can awaken in either one." Castaneda

Albion
05-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I want to share a perspective that is really fascinating IMO.
It is the experience of the virgin birth.
I can now confirm that this indeed does occur in the life of a mystic.
The first paragraph reads as my personal experience and the second paragraph
reads as one might find it in alchemical and hermetical mystical translation.

After the dark night of the soul and the cloud of unknowing, there is a distinct
and clear awareness that I am not the child of my parents, not a product of
past events, not the latest point of a linear sequence of events...
instead one finds that who they are is some spontaneous manifestation
of causeless awareness, causeless as in not cause and effect - the source of
this awareness cannot be identified... you can't say or determine "this is how it
happened". And yet here you are... not the child your parents raised, not the product
of your education, not even the result of some mystical experiences or philosophical
readings or meditations... but somewhere in the middle of your life there appears
the self-originated one or autogenes.
And it doesn't belong to this world - the world cannot see it. Although it is the foundation
of all worlds, which all words/worlds are built upon, the builders do not know it. Only a few
who unbuild the world suspect its existence. Fewer still can cultivate it in its nude form. While
the whole world clothes it in elements/stoicheia/autiot/letters and words, not knowing what they
do, for they cannot relate to god without images, thus they relate to images instead of god; they
identify with the image-maker instead of consciousness. The objective actual world is occulted
by subjective dream worlds; the Self is eclipsed by knowledge/ego; the King is dethroned/usurped
by an immature martial son...

Solomon-Levi, Your post reminded me of the final section [WHY ARE YOU WHAT YOU ARE AND HOW DID YOU COME TO BE?] at the end of the article below.

[Disclaimer: Posting of this article does not constitute endorsement of all particulars.]
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Judgment Day - and the Two Secret Keys of the Leaf on the Tree

Imagine yourself as a leaf on a twig on a branch of a living tree of life.
Your nourishment and life-sustaining substances derive from two sources; the light from the sun from above and from the roots of the tree from below.
Photosynthesis converts sunlight into sugars via the agency of chlorophyll and the roots provide water and minerals in a biochemistry based mainly on nitrogen.
As a leaf you are born in a bud and then you mature into a healthy green and geometric form determined in your individuated DNA.

Yet after a short season as a luscious green leaf of the tree you begin to get old and you start to wither away, eventually falling off the twig on the branch of the tree to the ground beneath.
After you have become all brittle, you simply fall apart as a dried up old ex-leaf and you become compost for the roots of the tree or the wind just scatters your ashes all over the place.

But as a brown desiccated leaf, something, a lifeforce or 'soul' had already left the dead leaf before it fell off the twig onto the ground beneath the treetop - where has it gone?
When you or anything physically 'dies', then your shadow-self, which is like your physical image in any mirror and which you can see and analyze in an optical sense, becomes the repository of all your memories and experiences and forms the library of everything you have ever thought, done or believed in.

Your subconscious, which keeps a holographic record of everything and is personified in the electrocapacitative and the magnetoinductive elements in the monopolic lifecircuitry, subject to your 'tuning' of your self-frequency in a search for resonance; so surfaces and you become an EMMR energy field, also known as your 'soul'.

So you find yourself rather unlimited in space and time, because the ElectroMagnetoMonopolic Radiation, which you have become as your invisible image in the mirror of spacetime is all pervasive or omnipresent; yet subject to your memory as yourself as experienced and perceived when you looked at yourself in a mirror say.

So you have become fluid in form, but all your intelligence and knowledge about your identity are still available, should you choose to constrict yourself in that form.
The stronger the memories and the desires to assume a more concrete form, the stronger will be the mindforce you can apply to manipulate the spacetime about your perceived environment.
The quality of your thinking now assumes a great importance.

Since the resonance with the source energy is the source frequency (fps), which is scripturally defined as the 'Love of God'; the closer you can approach or tune into that defining energy-state of the UFoQR, the more power you will have to create and maneuver yourself about the place where you find yourself or where you believe yourself to be.

Should you be able to generate a great mental desire to meet your 'loved ones', who have 'passed over', then their individuated EMMR-fields will be able to generate forms recognizable to you, subject to the amount of 'love- or sourceawareness' you can actually manifest as the 'angular acceleration of the spacequanta', which defines the 'force of your mind'.

But you must remember, that all your 'loved ones' are potential universes in their own right and being 'passed over' into the oneness of the ocean of the omnipresent EMMR field, they automatically gain this state of unification superimposed onto each and every individuated 'soul' as subset of the encompassing EMMR-'oversoul'.

You see, it is quite the opposite to be in disembodiment, than to be in embodiment.

When in embodiment; the individual 'soul' is subject to the environmental pressures of the body and the mind.
Young teenagers feel more at ease, when they can share in a 'peergroup mind', they shun individual responsibility and search for a sense of belonging and togetherness.
Similarly, certain sporting events can generate a huge amount of groupmind activity; either in supporting a team or participator or in a form of violence and hooliganism, when the sense of the 'group' assumes rather primitive aspects of the survival instinct in a pretext of a mindset of 'us against them'.

So there is a challenge in the embodied state to become a true individual; it is much easier to follow a preset agenda and to eschew a thinking for oneself.
The natural state of the embodiment is to be a member of a group or race or tribe or family or elite or corporation or business or state or land or nation or planet or galaxy or what have you.
The opposite is the case in the disembodied state of being; there the groupmind is automatic and the difference is, that that groupmind is in harmony with itself and its environs.
There is no 'us against them', because everything and everyone's awareness is as one.

But the great challenge in the 'passed over' state of being is to differentiate oneself from that overpowering state of unity - a 'heavenly' bliss of peace and harmony and being able to 'love' and 'feeling loved' within an energyfield 'resonating' with the 'love' of the source energy.
After having lived a sorrowful life in embodiment; the 'soul' has come home and finds itself in its natural state of freedom and able to choose any ethereal form it so chooses for as long or short a time as it may desire to experience.

So what is the point for the 'soul' as subset of the 'oversoul' and defined as the EMMR of the UFoQR to incarnate in embodiment in the first place and the first instance, one may ask?
Well, you see that is a quest for the 'soul' to seek for wisdom, knowledge and understanding through experience and for the ultimate purpose to become its own source of energy, able to sustain worlds within worlds within its own energy field.

Hence every 'soul' must learn to recognize its source in becoming aware of itself and where it comes from and where it has the potential to go to.
And this brings us back to the dying leaf, falling from its source of sustenance, which had been the twig on the branch on the tree throughout its short life of green lushness.
Upon physical death, the 'soul' or lifeenergy of the leaf returns exactly the same way, as it had come to energize the leaf, being born from its budding state of the defining DNA.

And so the EMMR-'soul' of the leaf flows as a natural electricity, defined in the equation of (I(fLeaf)=2NefLeaf), where N is a quantisation of the electropole (e) in 4D-linespace of embodiment, mapped as the magnetopole (e*) in 12D-omnispace of disembodiment and potentially realised in 13D-omnispace in a superembodiment.
The leaf's 'soul' so passes into the twig into the branch and into the stem of the tree, which appears like a great tunnel of light for the 'soul' and leading towards a source of a magnetic light, drawing the 'soul' towards itself and the 'Mirror of the Last Judgement'.
But the 'soul' must journey through the 'underworld', before it can enter the Hall of the Decisions, which harbours the 'Mirror of the True Selfhood'.
The 'soul' could get 'lost' in a branch of the tree say and unable to find its way to the trunk of the tree, where the magnetic force of the sourcelight illuminates every 'soul' however 'lost' it might perceive itself to be.

So there are markers along the way; signposts of remembrances, which the 'soul' can recognize in the form of 'loved ones', might these be people or pets or objects; all is subject to the 'force of the desire' and the intensity of emotion the soul can generate to journey with 'clear vision'.
All objects and things have frequency equivalents and are unbounded in space or time relative to the 'souls' partitioning as subset of the encompassing EMMR field of the UFoQR.
But all thoughts and desires, all nightmares and dreams of whatever nature will and must surface in the soul's journey through its 'underworld' of subconscious definition.
So if a thought of 'Saint Peter at the Pearly Gate' is the expectation, that thought or desire must eventuate; as must all imaginings of 'hellish damnation'.
Because of the fluidity of the disembodied state however, many guides and helpers of the oneness are always readily available to superimpose more energetic states of awareness, simply by being present in their state of enhanced frequencies and so able to modulate the eigenstate of a 'soul' lost in its nightmarish expectation of a torturous hell for example.

Some 'souls' may have no expectations of the afterlife at all; and those 'souls' will encounter their being engulfed in an impenetrable fog or mistiness or any such idea of nothingness.
Any question asked by such a 'soul' after having pondered its state of existence, will however modify its environment of the 'nothingness' and so it will be forced by its own curiosity to begin exploring its position in space and time, relative to its own perception.
Eventually, all 'souls' will reach the stem of the tree, where the magnetic light and the sense of being 'loved' is so strong, the individual 'soul' cannot but remember its unison and origin as part of the source and will just surrender to its grand homecoming out of space and time.

Since the sense of time and space is selfrelative for all disembodied states; a 'soul' could choose to spend 'eternity' in a 'fog of the nothingness', but it would require a mind unable to think a single thought and an inability to ask a single question about itself.
Furthermore such a 'soul' would have to concentrate 'eternally' upon a single state of being in an absolute state of nothingness, whatever it imagines that nothingness to be.

And because of Heisenbergian Uncertainty and the Quantum Fluctuations of the vacuum, such a position would be untenable, because the Zero-Point-Oscillation of the Source Energy is defined in the formulation (Eps=hfps/2) as the minimum state of energy in any definition of the Zero state in energy - hence even the most stubborn 'soul' will have to 'suffer' its energisation by the source energy.

All 'souls' which have finished their journey through their individuated 'underworlds' and which have reached the trunk of the tree of life will find themselves rushing towards the magnetic sourcelight down the tunnel of the stem of the tree.
As a 'soul' reaches one of the roots of the tree, the tunnel converges and every root ends in the singularity of the 'Mustard Seed' at the termination of each and every root the 'soul' may have chosen to travel in towards the magnetic lightsource.
And so at the end of the tunnel, where any particular root of the tree ends the defined form of the tree of life; the 'soul' enters the 'Hall of Decisions' and sees itself positioned in front of the 'Mirror of the Last Judgment'.

Now in the 'Mirror of the Last Judgment' the 'soul' sees a most magnificent being; it is precisely the embodiment of beauty and glory the 'soul' could or would ever have imagined.
And the 'soul' realises that the mirror reflects the 'soul's' very own grandest idea of beauty and glory back to itself as the selfrealised being of itself.
But the being in the mirror, one might name it the 'Higher Self' or 'Overself' of the 'soul' is no mere image of the 'soul'.

The 'Oversoul' is as real as the 'soul' and in possesssion of all the knowledge, understanding and wisdom accumulated by the 'soul' in 19.11 billion years of experiencing consciousness as EMMR-subset of the encompassing EMMR of the Unified Field of Quantum Relativity.

And the 'Oversoul' smiles at the 'soul' and begins to talk:
"Hello my sweet me; you have finally come back to try to answer your own questions for yourself yet again; how will you fare this time, have you found your two keys to open the two locked doors within this mirror to allow you to enter the space of the parenthood in setting us free from being separated, both of us being reflections in each other in front and within or behind this mirror?
Have you allowed yourself to find the Key of Wisdom or the Key of Understanding?
Or perhaps you have found both in a single lifetime; now that would be a wonderful achievement.
You were close last time, you had the Key of Wisdom in your grasp, but you could not put it in the keyhole and then you decided to get it right the next time and that time has now come I see.
You know that the first key is the Key of Wisdom; finding it will allow you to apply the second key of the understanding.

The Key of Wisdom is the correct answer to the question: "WHO ARE YOU?" and the Key of Understanding cannot be applied until you have answered the first question to your own satisfaction and as judged by yourself as myself.
You will only allow yourself to ask the second question through myself once you have judged yourself competent enough to attempt the unlocking of the door of understanding.

And the only clue you allowed yourself to be given through myself is that the Key of Wisdom is part of your female nature and that the Key of Understanding is part of your male nature.
So let us recall what your answer to the question: "WHO ARE YOU?" was the last time we met ourselves in this very location, when you said:
"I know that I am more than what I appear to be.

I have learned that my 'family' extends past my immediate blood relationships and that I am also part of my environment.
So I am part of the air I breathe and part of the garden I keep.

I tune into familiar minds with my friends and acquaintances and I share many things with the people I love and with whom I feel comfortable with.
I am part of my children's education and the companies I keep in all my aspects of my life.
I do try to help other people and attempt to be friendly and polite to everyone, even if I do not like particulars about them."

You then answered yourself through me in saying:
"When we arrived at our common acknowledgement at the beginning of space and time and when we made the covenant between ourselves, we decided that a partial wisdom and a partial understanding would be insufficient to open the locked doors; so I must inform you as myself, that your wisdom has grown in magnitude and in insight, but still remains at an undergraduate level."
And now we are here again in the 'Hall of our decisions' and I ask myself through you:
"WHO ARE YOU? and WHO AM I?"

And the 'soul' answered:
'I am all that is; I must be; because if I were not all that is, the entire creation, then there would be something in existence, which I am not and that is impossible, as all things are connected.
Modern science has shown that everything, from the minutest photon to the largest supercluster of galaxies are quantum entangled with each other.
So a solar system or a planet and all beings living upon it, being part of a galaxy, must be quantum connected with everything else as well; any other conclusion leads to logical self-contradictions.
Any system of particles, molecules, atoms or things can only exist in one of two modes of operation; the two modes are Unity in Separation or Separation in Unity.

Unity in Separation leads to the individuated self and the egocentric personality; one perceives oneself as a 'free individual', separated from all other such 'free individuals' and one can then so very easily deceive oneself in considering a 'fake equality or egalitarianism' between people, thinking that every individual has only themselves to blame, if their life's journey falls upon hard times.

Unity in Separation is the 'Devil's Way' exemplified in the saying: 'Divide and Conquer'; but since the 'Devil's Modus Operandi' is selfrelative and just as valid as the alternative it is always available to all the wisdom seekers.
And I know, that I am my own masterdevil; only I make the choices and only I set my own agendas; but as we also know, it is only I, that must judge myself as to the portfolios and the decisions, appropriate or not, which I have made during my life's journey.

Did I value wisdom over worldly possessions, as Solomon did?
Did I discover the empathy and the compassion for others and the affinities, connecting me to the web of life and the oneness of the universe?
In short, am I able to walk in another's moccasins, am I able to imagine myself to be someone else, to truly feel what they are all about on the level of their 'souls', whereby we are all one in the disembodied state?
So my dear Beloved 'Oversoul', I am the Creation in my female essence and I am the Creator in my male essence.
And I have chosen the 'Way of Love' in the modus operandi of the Separation in Unity.

I know that all is One and that I am operating as a servant of the 'Loving Way' in surrendering my 'individual freedom' to operate as a Unit of Separation for limited periods of time; choosing instead to become eternally bonded to my own loving nature and the source of all of my energy - my God.'

And the 'Oversoul' cried in exuberance, with tears of joy flowing down its glowing cheeks:
'Yes my darling you have found the Key of Wisdom and I am allowed to tell you now, that your sacrifice of your 'individual freedom' is no sacrifice at all, but serves an ultimate purpose in your graduation and your life as a parent in true brothersisterhood with 'our God'.
The Goddess will individuate in you upon your graduation and you shall be freedom personified.

God himself shall be your bridegroom and the Goddess herself your eternal bride.
And now you are ready for the second question from yourself to yourself; but know, that there is a growing percentage of ' souls', say 0.2% at the present time, who have found their Keys of Wisdom.
To the present time however, not one 'soul' could find the Key of Understanding.

The second question is: "WHY ARE YOU WHAT YOU ARE AND HOW DID YOU COME TO BE?"

The 'soul' pondered for a moment and said:
'I do not know the full answer to that yet, but I know how to obtain the Key of Understanding, because of the nature of this question.

I do know, that I am the creation-creator duality because on the supreme level of that partnership there is the essence of Family, our family and the idea of generational reproduction.
So I am destined to become a generator for an individuated universe, which can then join the sister-brotherhood of universes within the enveloping omniverse.

To generate myself as FatherMother and as my own individuated source energy in the footsteps of my cosmic and mathematically abstract parents, I shall have to bring their abstractness alive in realising them within and without myself in my dragonomy.

Somehow, to find the Key of Understanding, I shall have to learn in abstract terms, just what my mathematical and omniscientific archetypes are all about.
I can attempt to do this the 'easy way' or the ' hard way'.
If I choose to follow certain written manuals in an advanced mode of interpretation, such as 'sacred' scrolls and scriptures; then this will be the 'easy way' because of the metaphors and mythological language used in them.

If I am inclined however to do it the 'hard way', then I shall study mathematics and the sciences to obtain my understanding necessary to answer the second question fully and not only partially, as I have done.'

'You are very correct in your analysis', answered the 'Oversoul', you have given the appropriate reply as to why you are the creation and the creator in your sexual aspects and you have pinpointed the method of how to find the Key of Understanding.
You must create yourself in principle my sweetheart and you must find your place in the Book of Life, which you are required to write in co-authorship with what already has been written and what you are reading.
Once you are able to create your own Genesis, as your very own 'Naked Singularity' of abstraction, then you will be in possession of your perfectly fitting Key of Understanding.
The next time we meet, I feel you shall be able to set us free from being images of ourselves in the two of us separated ones trying to be one in two and two in one.' "

- Tony Bermanseder http://www.cosmosdawn.net/id13.html

solomon levi
05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah. I see it. :)
Thanks Albion.
That also reminds me of an experience I had months ago where I experienced
myself simultaneously reading and writing in the book of life.
The theme of nakedness is an important one IMO. Consider the Garden of Eden for example.
The shame of nakedness is like covering QE with the four elements, or universal matter with
determined/conditioned awareness, or clothing the Ineffable with words, which we are doing all the time.

solomon levi
05-04-2012, 06:40 AM
"The secret of our chains is that they imprison us, but by keeping us pinned down on our comfortable spot of self-reflection, they defend us from the onslaughts of the unknown. Once our chains are cut, we are no longer bound by the concerns of the daily world. We are still in the daily world, but we don't belong there anymore. In order to belong we must share the concerns of people. And without chains we can't.
What distinguishes normal people is that we share a metaphorical dagger: the concerns of our self-reflection. With this dagger, we cut ourselves and bleed; and the job of our chains of self-reflection is to give us the feeling that we are bleeding together, that we are sharing something wonderful: our humanity. But if we were to examine it, we would discover that we are bleeding alone; that we are not sharing anything; that all we are doing is toying with our manageable, unreal, man-made reflection.
Sorcerers are no longer in the world of daily affairs because they are no longer prey to their self-reflection." Castaneda

solomon levi
05-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Everything is consciousness.
You are nothing but consciousness, whether ego self or Self.
Consciousness is all there is.

Think of the implications. :)

solomon levi
06-10-2012, 01:35 AM
"Because our entire universe is made up of consciousness, we never really experience the universe directly we just
experience our consciousness of the universe, our perception of it. So right, our only universe is perception." Alan Moore

"The universe rearranges itself to accomodate your picture of reality." ET Earth Mission

"The world had to conform to its description; that is, the description reflects itself. We have learned to relate ourselves
to our description of the world in terms of what sorcerers call habits or intentionality, that is, the property of human
consciousness whereby an object is referred to, or is intended." Castaneda

I have recently been calling this property of intending objects 'idolatry'.

Some more Castaneda quotes:

"Think of this, the world doesn't yield to us directly, the description of the world stands in between. So, properly speaking,
we are always one step removed and our experience of the world is always a recollection of the experience. We are perennially
recollecting the instant that has just happened, just passed. We recollect, recollect, recollect."

"We are perceivers. We are an awareness; we are not objects; we have no solidity. We are boundless. The world of objects and
solidity is a way of making our passage on earth convenient. It is only a description that was created to help us. We, or rather our
reason, forget that the description is only a description and thus we entrap the totality of ourselves in a vicious circle from which
we rarely emerge in our lifetime."

"We are perceivers. The world that we perceive, though, was created by a description that was told to us since the moment we were born."

Awani
06-10-2012, 01:42 AM
And the media are repeaters.

Perceive and repeat. That's why evolution is one step forward, two step back. I'm thinking it is supposed to be like that. We had to go through all the horrors. It is the only way we can achieve full understanding of compassion.

solomon levi
06-10-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm not sure which quote you are reffering to Dev?
When CC says we are recollecting, that something different than repeating.
It refers to the time-distance delay between subject and object.
But when we are overlaying our learned (past) description on the present,
we are repeating the "vicious circle".

I do agree that this is a necessary experience of evolution. But then we have to ask,
How many times do we need to do something before we gain the wisdom?
Theoretically, one time if aware/awakened. The vicious circle is one of sleep.

Awani
06-10-2012, 02:29 AM
Just meant we are slow learners.

"We are perceivers. The world that we perceive, though, was created by a description that was told to us since the moment we were born."

And the media are repeaters, not reporters. So whatever we perceive through the media is repetition.

solomon levi
06-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Oh yeah. I watched Jon Stewart the other day and he had clipped together
all these news people using the "fair game" phrase as if they were all told to say it.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-7-2012/fair-factor

Awani
06-10-2012, 03:10 AM
He he, yeah the same with Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Andro
06-10-2012, 03:23 AM
He he, yeah the same with Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Weapons of Mass Distraction (http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/distraction.htm):)

Ghislain
06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Weapons of Mass Distraction (http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/distraction.htm):)

Omnipotent cow assess fraud

Crosspoint astound same few

NATO crosspoint sew mad fuse

NATO sew discussant for poem

Passionate two dress fun moc

Compassionate fun set sword

http://genius.toucansurf.com/WOMD%20WP.gif

I find it strange that the only people who complain about WMD are those that possess them.

Ghislain

solomon levi
11-20-2012, 05:09 AM
"The moment one crossed a peculiar threshold in infinity, either deliberately or, unwittingly, everything that happens to one from then on is no longer exclusively in one's own domain, but enters into the realm of infinity.
Infinity is everything that surrounds us: the spirit, the dark sea of awareness. It is something that exists out there and rules our lives.
My steps and yours are guided by infinity. The circumstances that seem to be ruled by chance are in essence ruled by the active side of infinity: intent. What put you and me together was the intent of infinity. It is impossible to determine what this intent of infinity is, yet it is there, as palpable as you and I are. Sorcerers say that it is a tremor in the air. The advantage of sorcerers is to know that the tremor in the air exists, and to acquiesce to it without any further ado. For sorcerers, there's no pondering, wondering, or speculating. They know that all they have is the possibility of merging with the intent of infinity, and they just do it.
A nagual is empty. That emptiness doesn't reflect the world, it reflects infinity."
Carlos Castaneda - Active Side of Infinity