PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions for a Lingering Cough?

JDuncan
07-12-2011, 03:30 AM
I recently got over a nasty bug that was going around here, but now i have a Lingering Cough. Its pretty bad. Have had it for about 2 weeks. This happens any time i get a cold. Im going through A LOT of cough medicine / Throat stuff. Is there anything in alchemy that could help get rid of this cough fast?

Thanks in Advance.
Jon

solomon levi
07-13-2011, 12:44 AM
I recently had an itch in my throat that I knew would develop into a cold.
I was able to jump on it with the calcium hypochlorite.
I took one gel cap. Not much difference. 3 hours later I took a second and the itch was gone and it
never developed into sore throat. But the next day I did have a runny nose.
I took two more capsules throughout the evening. The next day, and since, it is all clear.

It was my first chance to really put the calcium hypochlorite to the test and I'm real impressed.
I was going easy with it or I might have saved a day of runny nose.

I'll be right back with the link...

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2112-the-mysteries-in-limestone

Basically you just go to a hardware store and get some pool shock/calcium hypochlorite - 1 pound for about $5
Put it into gel caps and take one with a large glass of water.
Watch out for chlorine burps - may upset your stomach a little - just drink more water and burp more to release if needed.
Every three hours was my idea or feeling of finding balance.

But I'm not sure if this will work on your cough. Maybe depends on the kind.
Before my mom died, she had a cough that we couldn't relieve with this. ???

Aleilius
07-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Sounds like some kind of a secondary infection has developed. Try some natural antibiotics/antivirals.

Apple. Lowers cholesterol and risk for cancer. Has mild antibacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory estrogenic activity. High in fiber, helps avoid constipation, suppresses appetite. Juice can cause diarrhea in children.

Chili Pepper. Helps dissolve blood clots, opens up sinuses and air passages, breaks up mucus in the lungs, acts as an expectorant or decongestant, helps
prevent bronchitis, emphysema and stomach ulcers. Most of chili pepper's pharmacological activity is credited to capsaicin (from the Latin "to bite"), the compound that makes the pepper taste hot. Also a potent painkiller, alleviating headaches when inhaled, and joint pain when injected. Hot paprika made from hot chili peppers is high in natural aspirin. Antibacterial, antioxidant activity. Putting hot chili sauce on food also speeds up metabolism, burning off calories. Chili peppers do not harm the stomach lining or promote ulcers.

Garlic. Used to treat an array of ills since the dawn of civilization. Broad-spectrum antibiotic that combats bacteria, intestinal parasites and viruses. In high doses it has cured encephalitis. Lowers blood pressure and blood cholesterol, discourages dangerous blood clotting. Two or three cloves a day cut the odds of subsequent heart attacks in half in heart patients. Contains multiple anti-cancer compounds and antioxidants and tops the National Cancer
Institute's list as a potential cancer-preventive food. Lessens chances of stomach cancer in particular. A good cold medication. Acts as a decongestant, expectorant, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory agent. Boosts immune responses. Helps relieve gas, has anti-diarrheal, estrogenic and diuretic activity. Appears to lift mood and has a mild calming effect. High doses of raw garlic (more than three cloves a day) have caused gas, bloating, diarrhea and fever in some. Aged garlic may be better than cooked garlic. Eat garlic both raw and cooked for all-around insurance.

Honey. Strong antibiotic properties. Has sleep-inducing, sedative and tranquilizing properties. Use sparingly as it is high in sugar.

Lemon. This citrus fruit ranks very high in its medicinal value, having many therapeutical uses. Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic which may be safely applied directly to cuts, bruises and infections. Lemon juice is good for asthma, headaches, pneumonia, and arthritis. It is a good general blood and body purifier and a mild diuretic. Do not take in cases of inflammations of the digestive tract. The juice also aids in the removal of old drug residues (poisons) from the body.

Onion (including chives, shallots, scallions, leeks). Reputed in ancient Mesopotamia to cure virtually everything. An exceptionally strong antioxidant. Full of numerous anti-cancer agents. Blocks cancer dramatcally in animals. The onion is the richest dietary source of quercetin, a potent antioxidant (in shallots, yellow and red onions only-not white onions). Specifically linked to inhibiting human stomach cancer. Thins the blood, lowers cholesterol, raises good-type HDL cholesterol (preferred dose: half a raw onion a day), wards off blood clots, fights asthma, chronic bronchitis, hay fever, diabetes, atherosclerosis and infections. Anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antiviral, thought to have diverse anti-cancer powers. Quercetin is also a sedative. Onions aggravate heartburn, may promote gas.

Pineapple. Suppresses inflammation. A main constituent, an antibacterial enzyme called bromelain, is anti-inflammatory. Pineapple aids digestion, helps dissolve blood clots and is good for preventing osteoporosis and bone fractures because of its very high manganese content. It is also antibacterial and anti-viral and mildly estrogenic.

Any of those are perfect, or take them all! I recommend taking about 1/2g to 2g Chili Pepper one hour before taking anything else. This is a prerequisite to your main treatment. Chili Pepper will open the lungs, and will increase blood-flow to the lungs.

Your main treatment should be 2 lemons (whole lemons), 1 whole lime, 100g (6fl oz) of 100% natural raw unfiltered honey, and 1/2 of a fresh pineapple (after it has been peeled, but don't the inner stalk out [contains lots of goodies], don't use canned pineapples!). It wouldn't hurt to add an apple to the mix (with an apple added you might notice the taste of the final result may not be very good). Put these into a blender, and blend with 500ml of water. The final result might resemble a smoothie. The water that you add should be distilled/spring water (not from the city tap). I recommend heating the water to roughly 150F, and then adding it. The "smoothie" should be hot while drinking (about the temperature of coffee).

This will have you sweating like mad, but don't worry! With this treatment your lingering cough will be gone before you know it. I recommend to all of you to try this anytime you feel like you're getting a cold, feeling under the weather, or have general flu-like/lung/nasal/congestive ailments.

ScalerWave
07-30-2011, 02:20 AM
A teaspoon of honey seemed to work for my nephew's nagging cough.