PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a new member

aase
07-13-2011, 11:19 PM
A little bit about me:

Spiritual/magickal background: 15+ years of personal and group practice in various forms of paganism and earth-based spirituality.
Alchemical knowledge: Neophyte.

I have come here as part of my quest to learn more about spiritual alchemy. For more than 5 years i have attended (and later helped plan and organize) Alchemical Fire Circles. Through that very symbolic practical application of post-Jungian spiritual alchemy, i have been exploring alchemical archetypes in a very intuitive and deeply metaphoric way through drum, song, dance, shared creativity and acts of kindness.

Only recently have i felt the urge to deepen my theoretical knowledge and understanding of historical and 'academic' alchemy - and to my surprise, i'm learning that a lot of the things that my alchemical partner and i have done intuitively have names and a history.

I look forward to continuing to read the threads on spiritual alchemy. Expect me to chime in occasionally if i feel that my mileage may apply.

-Aa

solomon levi
07-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Welcome Aase!

Karl
07-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Welcome Aase. Alchemy as a metaphor is rich. I encourage you to actually try practicing the work- it can deepen the experience as metaphor and might open up hidden gems of awareness and engagement hitherto unexpected. I look forward to your insights in any case.

Awani
07-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Welcome!

:cool: