PDA

View Full Version : dev paintings

Awani
08-14-2011, 11:32 PM
About a decade ago I too did a little painting... not as skilled as many others that have showed their work here, but I paint more with emotions than skill (trying to invoke the inner child).

Here are some of my outbursts:

http://www.deviadah.com/pictures/collage%5B1%5D.jpg

:cool:

sleeveless
08-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Nice!!!!=)

Ghislain
08-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Nice Dev...little macabre though :)

Is macabre the right word?

Ghislain

Lapis Solaris
08-15-2011, 10:58 AM
Nice Dev...little macabre though :)

Is macabre the right word?

Ghislain

ma·ca·bre

adjective /məˈkäbrə/  /-ˈkäb/

Disturbing and horrifying because of involvement with or depiction of death and injury
- a macabre series of murders

Yes, I do believe that macabre is the right word, Ghislain. I like it though, as long as it's truthful I'm quite respective of whatever subject it holds. :)

Frater IA
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
For not being very skilled those painting are absolutely beautiful. ;)

Awani
08-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for that.

Well yes ten years ago I was very much into the macabre, demons and death. Why is it a taboo anyway? We all have demons and we all will die, so it should be addressed. If you put the darkness of your soul into art (any art form), you exorcise it. IMO.

Black Sclera
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
the black (im gonna call it pig) is doooooooope.

Awani
08-18-2011, 09:43 AM
He he, it is actually called Rat... but truth is always in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks.

Albion
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
He he, it is actually called Rat... but truth is always in the eye of the beholder.

QUI ME AMAT, AMAT ET MUS MEUM. (?) (:))

Awani
10-07-2012, 02:13 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/splurt.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/image.jpg

Krisztian
10-07-2012, 07:01 PM
I think the 'colour scheme' you used on the 1st painting is quite powerful. Artists can easily stumble when they limit blending of colours. The grey and the red is very expressive!

On the 2nd painting, I do love the dark green-and-black combination for the grass. The stroke of the grass blade is also interesting.

I, primarily, enjoy the 'movement' within a painting. That's usually my first contact, it would seem, with the work. I see it as the spirit manifesting within the painting. . . . Well, I guess we all have our own way of seeing paintings.

/

It shows internal freedom of the artist when the blending of colours work well.

Thanks.

Awani
10-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks. The mushroom painting was painted with toilet paper (and not a paintbrush), and the paint squirted straight on the canvas. It took about 5-10 minutes to do;)

Quarrox
01-17-2017, 09:44 PM
About a decade ago I too did a little painting... not as skilled as many others that have showed their work here, but I paint more with emotions than skill (trying to invoke the inner child).

That was the exact same approach of the famous Joan Miro: To wake up the inner child and transform it in his works.

Your style is very interesting, somehow sinister as some have pointed out. It could be either an acid trip gone wrong or a visit on one of the lower astral planes aka "hell" :p

Awani
01-17-2017, 11:36 PM
Most of them were painted when "in hell" lol... ;)

Mrs. Black
03-04-2017, 02:04 AM
I particularly love the first seven works you posted here, Dev. They have a lot of feeling for me. I think your work is brilliant and it’s a shame you don’t continue with it but I understand you have many other creative outlets…such is life, cherie!