PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholism

Awani
08-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Isn't it interesting how indigenous people often become alcoholics when forced to adapt (like the natives of the US, Greenland and Scandinavia). Alcoholism is a white mans illness... as if alcohol is a drug that is needed in order to be able to stand the norm.

:cool:

Donna Matrix
08-20-2011, 10:30 PM
this is a symptom of spiritual despair and cultural abortion. almost all colonized indigenous people develop huge problems with crime and addiction, including native Tahitians, Maori, etc. . Child abuse goes way up.

Once a people looses their language, they forget their stories and forget how to talk to the dieties that sustain them. These dieties are not pretend, but local entities, perhaps devas that have developed profound relationships with humans over generations.

typically these entities are then demonized by the new overimposing religion. It happened to the neolithic goddess religions with the warrior paternalistic religions who came to worship masculine aggression over female fertility. The snake, symbol of the great mother became a symbol for Satan and the devil.

In USA rituals were made illegal for the "savages" like the Ghost dance and the Sun dance. In Canada they use native spiritual practices in prisoners and have greatly reduced the recidivism rates. There, like 90% of prisoners are native Canadians. They are not kept in cells, and are helped to become spiritually "whole" again. Their antisocial behavior is seen as a broken soul. perhaps that's what addiction ultimalely is, a broken soul.

Awani
08-20-2011, 10:53 PM
This is why I think natural psychedelics are so interesting because they don't provide an escape (like alcohol does). Rather natural psychedelics ground you. In their boundary dissolving properties they hold up a mirror. In other words you can't escape the truth buried deep within.

Yes, modern society is addicted and its soul is indeed broken, but it is not 100 % bleak... there is a rise in awareness. This can't be ignored. Be it riots, overthrow of governments or small things that happen around us in everyday life. I feel like a magnet. People who feel the same are drawn to me and I to them.

The dominator culture, the power elite, are grasping at straws, looking panicked... laughing is the best weapon we have!

Donna Matrix
08-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Amen brother, God Bless your spirit!

Awani
08-21-2011, 12:05 AM
;)

Heraclitus hypothesizes that:

We must know that war is common to all and strife is justice, and that all things come into being through strife necessarily. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraclitus)

In other words for there to be a "utopian" or improved world, there needs to be a shitty world first... all flows from one into the other. Like a fire born from something dying (burning).

Donna Matrix
08-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Birth itself is a herculean effort. Stan Grof, the author of LSD Psychotherapy, has written extensively of the physical/psychological and spiritual stages of just getting here. If people knew more about this, every baby would be congratrulated extensively. This is how the stars are immprinted in our energy bodies. Yeah, gotta have the contrast to appreciate the good.

MarkostheGnostic
08-21-2011, 06:51 AM
Birth itself is a herculean effort. Stan Grof, the author of LSD Psychotherapy, has written extensively of the physical/psychological and spiritual stages of just getting here. If people knew more about this, every baby would be congratrulated extensively. This is how the stars are immprinted in our energy bodies. Yeah, gotta have the contrast to appreciate the good.

Right on! Grof figures in the book that I spent 8 straight hours working on today (100 mg Modafinil). After many years of quandry, his work straightened out my confusion. I'm up to 144 edited pages. Going to closure. How to publish and with whom is the difficulty ahead.

Awani
08-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Publish yourself: http://www.lulu.com/

Karl
08-21-2011, 01:51 PM
I've tried holotropic breathwork a couple of years ago- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holotropic_Breathwork - I didn't expect much to happen. I was more or less just satisfying my fiance (who is a psychotherapist) by giving it a try. Within 20 minutes I was in a ball, weeping, fully in the experience of being in an incubator after my birth. It had a lasting effect on my energy body. 5/5 review. I'm a little afraid to try it again as it took days to come down after.

Donna Matrix
08-21-2011, 09:09 PM
twenty years ago I did holotropic breathwork every month for a year and a half. Before I did my first I had a dream that said "how deep an you let go?" I peed my bed . I was 26 and peed the bed. Now that's some letting go. I had a variety of shamonic encounters with various creatures, including monkeys and whales. I totally recommend it for anyone. You will pull up huge amounts of psychic debris and visit the sould of many beings. It is a very sacred exercise. That level of existence is a terrifying one for the vast majority of people. Yet it is very real and worthwhile going there.

Stan Grof is a treasure.

MtG- hope you get 'er done. What is the title?

This is why natural, unscheduled birth is so important. The most important moments in life are birth and death, the soul must be allowed to work its will.

MarkostheGnostic
08-22-2011, 03:40 AM
MtG- hope you get 'er done. What is the title?

Psychedelic Sainthood: An Autohagiography

MarkostheGnostic
08-22-2011, 03:48 AM
Publish yourself: http://www.lulu.com/

Thanks! I'm uncertain about self-publication. I did get a doctoral dissertation published by Microfilms International, Inc., and it was copyrighted. I received a check for $17 for 5 purchases - on microfiche and paper. Whoop-de-doo! I was excited at the time, and never expected anybody to ever know about, let alone purchase a copy. Who they were remained confidential. I inquired out of curiosity. It's title was:
A Phenomenological Adaptation of the Tibetan Buddhist Doctrine of Psychic Centers to a Metatheoretical Hierarchy of Human Motivation. (*Whew*) I tried to tweak the title and a few things, but was rejected by Sam Weiser and Llewellyn Press for being 'too scholarly for their readers.' Great. I'd like to approach some of the smaller publishing houses that have produced some books on psychedelics.

Donna Matrix
08-22-2011, 08:19 PM
even new age publishers are subject to the conservative restrictions and Saturnian constraints of financial considerations. In general all psychodelics are scary territory, even if they are natural. Jean Dubius really is down on them as they are only temporary.

My own feeling its great to really prove to yourself that other dimensions are real, but evenntually we have to sober up. Its not as thrilling but until we deal with this life on its own terms, how do we ever get to transcend it? I also think that psychadelics take a toll on one's etheric and astral bodies. Some say that you cannot really transcend or attain the purity for real ascennsion. I don't get that, because the whole goal of alchemy is to make stuff that you take and that changes and evolves you.

If it makes you a better, more compassionate person I don't see how it can hurt. But I think info gotton by those means needs to be heavily scrutinized.
Good luck with your thesis Markos.

MarkostheGnostic
08-22-2011, 09:45 PM
even new age publishers are subject to the conservative restrictions and Saturnian constraints of financial considerations. In general all psychodelics are scary territory, even if they are natural. Jean Dubius really is down on them as they are only temporary.

My own feeling its great to really prove to yourself that other dimensions are real, but evenntually we have to sober up. Its not as thrilling but until we deal with this life on its own terms, how do we ever get to transcend it? I also think that psychadelics take a toll on one's etheric and astral bodies. Some say that you cannot really transcend or attain the purity for real ascennsion. I don't get that, because the whole goal of alchemy is to make stuff that you take and that changes and evolves you.

If it makes you a better, more compassionate person I don't see how it can hurt. But I think info gotton by those means needs to be heavily scrutinized.
Good luck with your thesis Markos.

There are many good people who are pro-psychedelic. I corresponded with the late Dr. Albert Hofmann in the 80s about his relationship as a Christian with psychedelics. In a personal letter to me he wrote: "The LSD inebriation represents the most comforting truth of the gospel." I concur. Huston Smith, Ram Dass, Stan Grof, are a few other notables. I've grown in certain ways beyond my peers, who only dabbled with the use of psychedelics, but continued to use alcohol or cannabis, or who failed to integrate sexual dynamics, all of which judicious use of psychedelics may well have remedied. Dubois, and anyone else who has not learned to use these substances are the ones who make disparaging comments about them. They have no expertise in such matters, and their opinions are therefore groundless. Not only have my most profound telepathic (psychic) experiences occurred under the influence of LSD, but Compassion and humility have been deepened by certain experiences that connected me to the Reality which is characterized by "Unbearable Compassion."
Clearly though, this path (The Fourth Way) is not open to everyone, but those who do not tread this path, as I have for 40 years, are simply not in a position to judge it.

http://www.thefane.org/client.html#item16,2

http://www.thefane.org/index.html <= Clicking on different parts of the graphic reveal different things

http://www.maps.org/

Donna Matrix
08-23-2011, 03:35 AM
Thank you Markos, I humbly accept your opinion. I too have had profound experiences on psychadelics, though never have used them to the extent you have. I wish you well on your path brother. PS I do know about unbearable compassion, and for a long period of my life went through what I called "experiencing the pain of the world. " this was a transpersonal experience of lightening the load of the pain in the anima mundi. I used to think Jesus fixed all that, but I don't hink so. It may have in fact increased over the last few years, as the planet endures the ordeal of ascension. I couldn't bear it in the end and could never understand why I had to go thru that except that it gave me profound insight into humans and many of the other creatures that share this planet. It made me much kinder.