PDA

View Full Version : A Suggestive Inquiry...

solomon levi
08-24-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.abardoncompanion.com/Alex/Atwood.pdf

This book is really quite amazing, but not for everyone.
It's kind of difficult reading, but if you're ready, it is quite revealing.
Perhaps a book that must undergo cohobation a couple times.
All I can say is that when i read it this time, it was very enlightening.

3+O(
08-24-2011, 08:39 PM
I also recommend this book, while disagreeing somewhat with a few of the authors assertions, the ruminations on greek myth in connection with alchemy are amazing.

thoth
08-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I read this 10 years ago but could not understand it. I am re-reading it now - half way through it and can see the value of doing so. Seems to be a lot of referneces to "The Magnet" and where to find it. Also very useful for describing what many code words in alchemy really refer to.
Worth having an encylopeidia of Greek mythology beside you when you read it

solomon levi
09-01-2011, 03:27 AM
For me, I was really struck by the teaching on the rational soul/sulfur.
I've known this for years, but it really impressed me this time.
My path had included these teachings before I came across non-duality and renounced discipline,
but now I seem to have come back to it on another cohobation and another level of the spiral.
I had recently experienced a "set-back" due to an irrational choice that really stole/leaked my magickal momentum,
so this teaching was very timely for me.

thoth
09-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Well, most of it is going over my head, but I am taking notes for my future self, who will will be much wiser than me (i hope).......Yes so much of the Greel myth seems so relevant to alchemy - Thales, the Ram & its Fleece - Not just golden but pratical as well... Oak, Python & Oak etc....