PDA

View Full Version : Melissa Wine

thoth
09-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi

I have recently finished an Ens of Melissa and have started taking it, and this got me thinking ...... (mainly because I am making apple wine from a big crop of apples I have on a tree in my garden), - I know this is not alchemical but considering the importance of Melissa and its Ens, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried making Melissa wine ????

I have a lot of Melissa growing in my garden and before the frost sets in I was thinking of taking most of it, adding water & sugar and a little heat, and perhaps some wine yeast. It will obviously work but would it taste OK

I have heard of elderberry wine and dandeloin wine .....

MarkostheGnostic
09-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Well, spagyrics are supposed to be fermented into its Mercury, after the Sulphur is extracted with steam distillation. It's easier to make the Mercury from grapes (for some, my batch utterly failed), or distilled from grape wine. There probably wouldn't be much sugar to ferment into Philosophical Mercury, so table sugar would have to be added. Have you read Manfred Junius's book? If not, it's definitely worth owning.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1594771790/ref=si_aps_sup_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1315525403&sr=8-1&condition=used Junius goes into this.

I have to order Melissa officinalis by mail. A 1/4 lb. is sitting in my study, along with an ingot of pure Tin, waiting for me to successfully ferment some grape wine from juice (I wasted 5 gallons of juice this summer. It didn't even produce Vinegar I could've used). :(

thoth
09-09-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi MarkostheGnostic,

Yea I read Junius earlier this year - I hope to try his extraction of honey honey sometime in future. (There are a lot of small time organic honey producers here in Ireland). I've been reading for 20 yrs but have really only recently turned to the practical side.

It was his section on "spagyric essences from fresh plants through fermentation after addition of fermenatbel sugars" which I read with a view to the Meilissa wine. I'll have a go and report back - not all expreiments work out, but the worst that can happen is it just doesn't taste any good. Will probably add organic honey rtaher than sugar - just seems more natural

Out of curiosity can I ask what the plan is with the ingot of tin.
:)

Karl
09-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I've fermented a bunch of different herbs in the process of making magistries. Can't say that they tasted great though. I like that you are planning to work with honey. I've been exploring it as an extraction medium- I've been cultivating honey kombucha and honey vinegar and am taking another swing at making mead. I've read that unlike most fermented drinks, mead works best with bread yeast. Honey is naturally anti fungal/anti bacterial so I had to boil it when making the kombucha. I'm excited to hear about your process.

MarkostheGnostic
09-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Hi MarkostheGnostic,

Yea I read Junius earlier this year - I hope to try his extraction of honey honey sometime in future. (There are a lot of small time organic honey producers here in Ireland). I've been reading for 20 yrs but have really only recently turned to the practical side.

It was his section on "spagyric essences from fresh plants through fermentation after addition of fermenatbel sugars" which I read with a view to the Meilissa wine. I'll have a go and report back - not all expreiments work out, but the worst that can happen is it just doesn't taste any good. Will probably add organic honey rtaher than sugar - just seems more natural

Out of curiosity can I ask what the plan is with the ingot of tin.
:)

The Tin, along with Holtz's 'Jupiter,' on The Planets, perhaps a magickal sigil and magick square, and a fragrance related to Jupiter are all associations with the planetary spirit.
Are you referring to the ruby, glow-in-the-dark stone that requires quarts of honey?

thoth
09-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Hi MarkostheGnostic and Karl,

Yes the process with the 12 quarts of honey was the one I was thinking of - from Hollandus originally. Its a bit beyond my skills at the moment, but I hope by next year I might be a bit more proficient. I am hoping the instructions are literal, but of course there's always the chance that, that little thing extra may have been left out of the instructions.

Yes I think there is something special about honey. The bees are like natures little alchemists turning the Sun (photosynthesis) into gold. As someone talked about recently there was honey found in one of the Pharoes tombs which was still edible, due to its antibacterial properties. The old man who I bought my honey from in the past was over 90 yrs old, and he swore it was his own honey that kept him going . A lot of the shop honey has syrup added to it.

Karl
09-10-2011, 04:45 PM
I found this relic of the old forums:

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/archive/index.php/t-486.html

MarkostheGnostic
09-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Ruby is my birth stone, and a synthetic ruby was the substance used at the heart of the first LASER, which I became aware of a couple years after it's invention, when I was in 5th grade, from my friend Sam's dad's Scientific American Magazine. So, these elements constellate some kind of archetype along with the fascination that accompanies archetypal images. That stone sounds too numinous, too magickal, but...I'd LOVE to see it manifest in space-time! That's a LOT of honey, btw, and the still would have to be sizable.

thoth
09-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi, Thanks for the link - there are a nice few threads to consider on the honey front (as well as some of the other kingdoms mentioned.....).

Yes there is quite a lot of honey required for Hollandus's experiment. I would hope to be able to do several distalltions with a large capacity heating mantel, and then later combine the product from the all th ediffernt distillations.

I wonder what the honey would be like from a hive positioned in the middle of a field of melissa which was flowering. I also wonder if Paracelsus original Melissa Ens, reffered to the flowers of Melissa rather than the leaves.