PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy and the Harvest Moon?

JDuncan
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I know that the moon and its phases can do a lot in alchemy, but does the harvest moon effect it any more? Any Online references?

Thanks
Jon

Karl
09-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi Jon. Generally alchemists tend to recline next to the fireplace with a bottle of wine and some Neil Young around this time of year : )
In my understanding the effects of the moon are always tempered by it's position with everything else. Currently the moon is ingressing Pisces in the 12th house- this creates an introspective tension with the outside world. It is in opposition with the sun- today would not have been a good day to create a sun tincture. The moon in Pisces is generally associated with Projection. Tomorrow might be a good day to create a moon tincture- perhaps one that heals an emotional distance from the world or social anxiety. In more general terms it is coming close to the time to harvest roots- still a little early but the plant energies will be starting to go into the ground in the next couple of weeks. I'm an astrological hack though- perhaps a more learned being might give better insight.

Ghislain
09-12-2011, 04:44 AM
When the moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars
then peace will guide the planets and love will steer the stars.

Harmony and understanding, sympathy and trust abounding
no more falsehoods or derision.

Golden living dreams of visions mystic crystal revalation
and the mind's true liberation.

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.

The age of Aquarius!

;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_N-36xJMPdm4/SusTyfK3E0I/AAAAAAAABHY/eyV7Ew4jBrA/s400/Aquarius+in+Bode+1801+cropped.jpg

Ghislain

P.S. I'm an astrological hack too :(

solomon levi
09-12-2011, 05:35 PM
This time of year (harvest) makes for nice hot days and cool nights which means
it's a good time to collect dew. We have lots of foggy mornings lately here in the Pacific Northwest.
The full moon is always a good time to collect, so the full harvest moon should present ideal conditions,
although weather is weird in lots of places nowadays.

Seth-Ra
09-12-2011, 07:24 PM
As SL said, good time for collecting dew, also good time for stabilizing/finishing/harvesting works in the lab - to feast and transmute self. (will make the Winter a lot more interesting also - time for reflection and insights before Spring)

Its also a good time to harvest other materials, especially ripe living material - plant or otherwise. Meditation on the fruits of the labor, the end of a phase, and joys of completion and preparation for what is to come. During the time of the Harvest, that which is Above, begins to Fall. ;)

~Seth-Ra