PDA

View Full Version : Divine amnesia

solomon levi
09-15-2011, 06:52 PM
I had this amazing dream the other night. I've been contemplating duality/polarity
alot lately and the 'war between the two knights'. In this dream I was fighting with my
brother - we were younger, like when we were kids. But we had just come from a
different part of the dream where we understood the Philosophers' stone, and now my
brother was deciding to use it to produce '??something'. All I knew was that if he did that
it would destroy creation. He either didn't understand or didn't care, so I began to fight him,
knowing I had to produce the opposite force to keep him from destroying the world.
So we were just like the yin and yang and the twins of the zodiac (he's 3 years older in "real" life).

So i woke up and started to write down this dream and that made me remember the part where
I was able to read on the Philosophers' stone and I comprehended it completely. But now that
I was awake I couldn't recall the info. So I kept trying to remember it, to create it through
associations. I lay back down the same way and tried to sleep into that part of the dream
but I just couldn't quite get back there - Kept seeing glimpses but not total recall. The writing
was vertical and composed of three glyphs but I don't recall what they were. It was kind of
frustrating, because this was a practical memory I could have put to use.

So while struggling to remember this most important thing, I became aware of myself from another
level or dimension, and saw how my life is a mirror of trying to recall this most important thing.
That is, we don't remember Who we are. What could be more innate and more obvious - to know
oneself. And how far we are from truly grasping what that entails. How can we not remember
this most important thing, this Pearl of great price? And what else is so important or fascinating
that we are not deeply involved in re-membering this every hour of every day?
Well, we're supposed to forget, and to remember - to be One the All, and to be One and The All.

One the All (En tau Pan) = Ouroboros =

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhmjH_1qNkoYm88uozxzhG7Bg_J1j7L fTqOPjfOgq4sxzE_umgpg

...the alchemical symbol/sigil for the solvent.

One and The All =

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm46u_r2stTq-EmvuuhGzpEEs4n8OOJTftpi3Ea9RHO0p4qWaXKg

...the alchemical sigil for gold/sol.

Again, One the All became/becomes One and The All.
1 becomes 2. Separation occurs/is possible. Yin and yang are possible. Life is possible, in duality.
Orgone/vital force/chi is the source and the product of the struggle between One and The All,
manifest and unmanifest, yin and yang...

III
10-10-2011, 11:05 PM
I had this amazing dream the other night. I've been contemplating duality/polarity
alot lately and the 'war between the two knights'. In this dream I was fighting with my
brother - we were younger, like when we were kids. But we had just come from a
different part of the dream where we understood the Philosophers' stone, and now my
brother was deciding to use it to produce '??something'. All I knew was that if he did that
it would destroy creation. He either didn't understand or didn't care, so I began to fight him,
knowing I had to produce the opposite force to keep him from destroying the world.
So we were just like the yin and yang and the twins of the zodiac (he's 3 years older in "real" life).

So i woke up and started to write down this dream and that made me remember the part where
I was able to read on the Philosophers' stone and I comprehended it completely. But now that
I was awake I couldn't recall the info. So I kept trying to remember it, to create it through
associations. I lay back down the same way and tried to sleep into that part of the dream
but I just couldn't quite get back there - Kept seeing glimpses but not total recall. The writing
was vertical and composed of three glyphs but I don't recall what they were. It was kind of
frustrating, because this was a practical memory I could have put to use.

So while struggling to remember this most important thing, I became aware of myself from another
level or dimension, and saw how my life is a mirror of trying to recall this most important thing.
That is, we don't remember Who we are. What could be more innate and more obvious - to know
oneself. And how far we are from truly grasping what that entails. How can we not remember
this most important thing, this Pearl of great price? And what else is so important or fascinating
that we are not deeply involved in re-membering this every hour of every day?
Well, we're supposed to forget, and to remember - to be One the All, and to be One and The All.

One the All (En tau Pan) = Ouroboros =

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhmjH_1qNkoYm88uozxzhG7Bg_J1j7L fTqOPjfOgq4sxzE_umgpg

...the alchemical symbol/sigil for the solvent.

One and The All =

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm46u_r2stTq-EmvuuhGzpEEs4n8OOJTftpi3Ea9RHO0p4qWaXKg

...the alchemical sigil for gold/sol.

Again, One the All became/becomes One and The All.
1 becomes 2. Separation occurs/is possible. Yin and yang are possible. Life is possible, in duality.
Orgone/vital force/chi is the source and the product of the struggle between One and The All,
manifest and unmanifest, yin and yang...

Hi Solomon,

Thankyou for this. The bottom symbol there is used in slight variation on Dr. Manhattan's forehead in WATCHMEN. The version there has a dot on the outer circle appearing to symbolize hydrogen.

My experience in all this is that these memories are "state associated" like the drunk and his lost carkeys. I stopped having deja vu experiences when I could remember across the barrier to the memory. Then the recognition experience leads across the previous barrier to the memory itself, often from a "dream" or other similar experiences. Research has shown that the deja vu experience happens when the memory link is broken or lost. I find that the choice to remembering into past incarnations/recurrences is in the between lives state and can be changed then.

DanceofRebirth
01-26-2012, 08:06 AM
The process of dream recall can be rather difficult to track in this manner, mostly because we still can't identify if the dreams we have come from inside ourself, like remaining inside a part of our physical being (ie, memory storage gets jumbled up in the process of neurons firing along the body in an effort to prove to the mind that we're not dead yet, just resting deelpy), or if we're actually leaving the body to dream in another place or time respectively. As space/time isn't linear, so the theory goes, we can imagine that we'd be slipping into alternate realities quite easily. Dreams like yours only seem to add to the possible proof in experience that in the dream state we are capable to leave behind those boundaries that we feel and remain within real life. Do you often deal with dreamwalking, Solomon? It might be a way to attempt to return to this place where you held the knowledge actively and a way to attempt to bring it about more completely. You could also do a ritual to call upon your higher/dream self so that you can carry it back with you to the present as well, but that seems a bit more meddling than would be necessary, as the alternate view point is that it will come to you when you're ready and no sooner. Either way you look at it, the dream is heavy with meaning and ripe with possibility.

As far as dream interpretation goes, I'd go so far as to suggest that you were really struggling with some portion of yourself wearing your brother's face, over the application of the Philosopher's Stone and the end of the world as you know it to be. This kind of death is often considered a rebirth of some nature, which I"m sure you're not only aware of but well versed in by now, however, the opposites battling over the outcome suggest some other kind of internal strife or issue at hand. You're being shown that you not only have all the resources at hand, but you also know everything enough to reach that pinnacle of alchemical seeking of your own accord, you only have to allow yourself to use it for the right purpose. The next question becomes, what is your 'right' purpose?

zoas23
01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Kinda off topic, but the post made me remember of a good book, which is Philo of Alexandria's "On Dream" ("De Somnis"... the English translation has to be "on dreams" or something close to that).

There he mentions 3 kinds of dreams:
1- Dreams that are sent directly from God.. they are the true revelations.
2- Dreams in which the Ego somehow "tunes in" with the whole of the Universe (except God) and discovers some of its secrets.
3- Dreams in which the Ego dreams about itself.

The first kind of dream is, according to him, very strange and most people won't experience such thing (and his explanation of a dream like that got lost, this was the first part of his book, just like Aristotle's part of the Poetic in which he explained Comedy). It is funny how history also "forgets" some things and "remembers" some things (damn, I would be so glad if I could read the first book on Dreams, the lost one, by Philo).

The "Life of Apolonius of Tyana" (by Philostratus) also has interesting dreams and explanations of dreams.

(of course, the Chemical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz has 7 dreams, but even though it is an awesome book, it is probably less interesting as to understand dreams.... because they are mostly like theater plays).

Another very nice book I like: "The focus of life" by Austin Osman Spare... which has a dream that is VERY similar to your dream (a sister instead of a brother)... but there's also a brother vs. sister fight and several dreams between this "brother" and this "sister". I certainly suggest reading it (Austin Spare is often ignored because he became a fetish for the so called "chaos magicians"; I should say that such thig is not his fault and that he would mostly find amusing and weird what some people made with his legacy). I think he was one of the most interesting readers of the neo-platonic tradition during the XX century.

http://hermetic.com/spare/focus_life.html

If you are interested in the Brother/Sister fight (it is actually a spirit vs. soul fight.... if you read it in a literal way, it may sound like a bizarre mysoginist text, but Spare wasn't a mysoginist) you can begin in the "Death of Tzula" section...
Though I think the whole book can be interesting for you. Since the first aphorism is about ""The effort of remembering in the Valley of Fear."... so it's not unrelated at all to your idea as a whole.