PDA

View Full Version : Monas Hieroglyphica

S0LiPS1ST
09-18-2011, 03:52 AM
Is there someone here familiar with John Dee's system of alchemy? Can you please give me some advice? I've had some success. I was able to ascend to heaven temporarily while playing the calls and taking some sacramental crystal meth. It was a very intense experience, I saw many angels, demons, gods, goddesses, faeries, etc.. I touched the left-hand of God. I am still not sure how to describe everything that happened. I battled demons and have since turned against any connections I previously had with them. Choronzon helped me cross the abyss. I am sure none of this makes any sense.. but hmm.. I don't really know what to say or where this is leading me. I have a renewed interest in all things angelic. My real name is Ariel which is an archangel who's name means Lion of God. This message is very random I know..

Ghislain
09-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi S0LiPS1ST

You may have already read this, but if not I hope it's what you're looking for.

John Dee: MONAS HIEROGLYPHICA ('THE HIEROGLYPHIC MONAD') (http://www.esotericarchives.com/dee/monad.htm#preface)

This is John Dee's enigmatic treatise on symbolic language. Although published in 1564 at age 37, he
considered it valuable throughout his life. The Monas is a highly esoteric work. In it he claims himself
in possession of the most secret mysteries. He wrote it in twelve days while apparently in a peak (mystical) state:

“[I am] the pen merely of [God] Whose Spirit, quickly writing these things through me, I wish and I hope to be.”

He claims it will revolutionize astronomy, alchemy, mathematics, linguistics, mechanics, music, optics, magic, and adeptship.

http://www.lunaobscura.net/images/stories/lunasite/symbol/Monas_Hieroglyphica.jpg

The Monas Hieroglyphica is an esoteric symbol invented and designed by John Dee, the Elizabethan
Magus and Court Astrologer of Elizabeth I of England

Perhaps the person you need to speak to is 3+O( ;)

Ghislain

S0LiPS1ST
09-18-2011, 08:14 PM
I have a few things to say if anyone wishes to hear it. Okay, you have this Crowley society called the Angel and Abyss. The A.'.A.'. Crowley says you must meet this Choronzon in order to cross the abyss.

I agree. You must go through Choronzon. But at the point your life is turned over the angels. I fully believe this. This world is demonic. It is place between heaven and hell. But if you want to cross into that place called heaven while you're still alive you need to talk to Choronzon. He can get you there.

Can he really be called a demon if he is a helpful spirit? I don't know what he is. John Dee called him the devil. Would the devil take you to heaven? I don't think so. I like John Dee but he is way too scholarly and Christian for my tastes. I gained a lot from the Enochian Calls but those came through Edward Kelly. Actually all the genius of the Angel magick came from Edward Kelly. John Dee just wrote all of it down. Edward Kelly was into black magick amongst other unfavorable things by Dee.

I am still seeking the Philosopher's Stone, how I might get it I don't know..

solomon levi
09-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Greetings Solipsist.
I'm not familiar with Dee's system. I'm familiar with the territory - I, too, have seen heaven and hell,
angels and demons, gods, E.T's, and a world where DNA is the prevalent perspective... lots of "weird" stuff.
Mostly whatI've been seeing lately is a battle between the Atlas archetype and the Baphomet archetype.
Atlas pushes the heavens away from the earth and Baphomet (and the magician of the tarot, and the hebrew aleph)
endeavor to unite heaven and earth. What i see of this is the whole force of creation, as well as the myths of the
sky gods (Jehovah, Enlil, Jupiter, Zeus, etc) and the fall of Adam (lucifer, satan, saturn, Enki, etc.)
In alchemy, this is the eagle (Zeus' bird) at the top of the tree of life and the serpent/dragon at the roots.
From what I can see, neither of these is really good or bad - they simply have their time, their cycles.
For example, if you had been spirit or unmanifest Isness for aeons, it'd be nice/good to become matter/mankind
in bodies and have the experience of separation, etc. On the other hand, if you've been reincarnating into bodies for
thousands of years or who knows how many lifetimes, you may think becoming spirit(ual) is "good" and matter
is evil (like some Gnostics). But the bigger picture is, both of these must exist to create life/manifestation.

What I've seen of these angels and demons is that they are really involved in, or really believe, that their way is
the right way, the truth, the good. There is a battle for souls and some are trying to pull the souls out of mass
and others are trying to pull souls into mass (or keep them there, as the case may be). Consider that when a group of us
took the "fall" into mass, another group stayed behind and shunned the idea. There are those who have never been
mankind - the angels - and they therefore judge unjustly. They have great insight/knowledge about higher planes,
but not the totality - they do not know the Christ, or christ consciousness, which is only known after incarnation (involution)
and evolution back to the 8th (according to gnostic system). Demons are another story, but I'm out of time. More later I guess.
The Gnostic tale of Sophia is a must read IMO.

Black Sclera
09-19-2011, 09:13 PM
just as men vary so do the spirits.

S0LiPS1ST
09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Well this experience changed my view of the world a lot. Here I was believing I was God at some point. I don't believe that now. I believe I saw what God was and what his job actually is and I didn't want it. He was a very large being much bigger than a human being crawling across the emptiness of nothingness. He was like a black hole sucking in life through out the known universe. Originally there was nothing but from this nothingness and dark blackness of space there arose a creature that became like I said before a black hole sucking in the light. This is God. He is a living creature but not like you or me. He looks like he is wearing a long hooded robe like a monks robe with no face. He has hands but they feel like plastic. Just like all the angels or faeries hands I've touched feel like plastic. I knew he wanted to show me what his life was. I watched him for awhile collecting star-dust and making worlds with his Will. Behind him trailed Cthulhu like a giant demon destroying everything that God created.. it was a balance between creation and destruction.

I believe I am on an assent in my development. I believe I am reaching higher and higher states of consciousness and having less and less attachments to this earthly plane. The angels never spoke a word to me but they did point to my computer playing the Enochian Calls as their voice.

I speak Glossolalia quite fluently, the Enochian is something a little more organized than that. I try to subject myself to as much learning of it as I can.

Awani
09-23-2011, 05:00 PM
This thread also that talks about Dee: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?628-Edward-Kelly-and-John-Dee

:cool:

3+O(
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi S0LiPS1STPerhaps the person you need to speak to is 3+O( ;)

I'm afraid I can find little in this thread I identify with.

I would ask anyone taking meth (particularly in a spiritual context) to please consider the origins and uses of this substance by the Axis powers and whether or not the spiritual force motivating this drug's awful history in this world is anything you really want to get closer to.

I think the best way to get a handle on Dee's monad is to consider it as a symbolic glyph for created Nature as a One, as a unit. Its parts are not independent entities but represent the tensions inherent in the creation, which tensions, when elaborated in Time, give rise to the phenomena of change and alterarity, cf. Dee's discussion of the "inner movement" of the Monad (Nature) which of its own characteristic property gives rise to the Triad, the Quaternary, the Septenary, etc. which are names for this same Nature, under different numerical elaborations. As the glyphs for these are hidden within Dee's glyph, so are the principles of 3,4,7, etc. inherent in 1.

III
10-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Well this experience changed my view of the world a lot. Here I was believing I was God at some point. I don't believe that now. I believe I saw what God was and what his job actually is and I didn't want it. He was a very large being much bigger than a human being crawling across the emptiness of nothingness. He was like a black hole sucking in life through out the known universe. Originally there was nothing but from this nothingness and dark blackness of space there arose a creature that became like I said before a black hole sucking in the light. This is God. He is a living creature but not like you or me. He looks like he is wearing a long hooded robe like a monks robe with no face. He has hands but they feel like plastic. Just like all the angels or faeries hands I've touched feel like plastic. I knew he wanted to show me what his life was. I watched him for awhile collecting star-dust and making worlds with his Will. Behind him trailed Cthulhu like a giant demon destroying everything that God created.. it was a balance between creation and destruction.

I believe I am on an assent in my development. I believe I am reaching higher and higher states of consciousness and having less and less attachments to this earthly plane. The angels never spoke a word to me but they did point to my computer playing the Enochian Calls as their voice.

I speak Glossolalia quite fluently, the Enochian is something a little more organized than that. I try to subject myself to as much learning of it as I can.

Hi S0LiPS1ST,

EJ Gold paints the Absolute much as you describe.

Andro
10-11-2011, 05:55 PM
EJ Gold paints the Absolute much as you describe.

Do you also mean the part about god wearing a hooded robe and having hands that feel like plastic?

Other than that, a decent (although heavily culturally filtered) archetypal description.

III
10-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Do you also mean the part about god wearing a hooded robe and having hands that feel like plastic?

Other than that, a decent (although heavily culturally filtered) archetypal description.

Hi Androgynus,

Undifferentiated black with long stretchy hands, might be hooded. If my memory serves I've seen both hooded and not hooded. There is not much detail. I'll see if I can find some images on line and send links. They come up for sale from time to time. He did a whole series about 20 years ago. He paints different series at various times

Alchemical
10-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Is there someone here familiar with John Dee's system of alchemy? Can you please give me some advice? I've had some success. I was able to ascend to heaven temporarily while playing the calls and taking some sacramental crystal meth. It was a very intense experience, I saw many angels, demons, gods, goddesses, faeries, etc.. I touched the left-hand of God. I am still not sure how to describe everything that happened. I battled demons and have since turned against any connections I previously had with them. Choronzon helped me cross the abyss. I am sure none of this makes any sense.. but hmm.. I don't really know what to say or where this is leading me. I have a renewed interest in all things angelic. My real name is Ariel which is an archangel who's name means Lion of God. This message is very random I know..

Is it wrong to not want to be involved with spirituality this deeply?

I mean, when I read experiences like this it blows my mind. It's very different from my perception of spirituality and the universe. Not to say I don't believe in such entities, I just feel content and fulfilled with my path.

III
10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Is it wrong to not want to be involved with spirituality this deeply?

I mean, when I read experiences like this it blows my mind. It's very different from my perception of spirituality and the universe. Not to say I don't believe in such entities, I just feel content and fulfilled with my path.

Hi Alchemical,

I don't find it necessary to do anything like crystal meth in order to do alchemy. As far as HOW a person interprets the experiences depends upon what archetypes they pin on the energetic experiences. In a spiritual alchemy, which are the only varieties I have experience in, one person filled with LOVE might see angels or streaming light and knowledge, experience a cleansing of trauma and a rebuilding of the being whereas a fearful person may percive it as the fires of hell with demons trying to tear them apart. If a person has to hang onto and defend all their shit things will be fearful, if they can let go and accept enlightenment and LOVE it can be a wondrous occurance. A persons perceptions depend upon their deep beliefs and archetypes that they use. The more generic term "macro beings" and "micro beings" might be more useful and less fearsome and don't assign fearful meanings.

However, alchemy can come out badly. If you don't intend to take it to completion don't start. It's too dangerous to dabble in.

Alchemical
10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi Alchemical,

I don't find it necessary to do anything like crystal meth in order to do alchemy. As far as HOW a person interprets the experiences depends upon what archetypes they pin on the energetic experiences. In a spiritual alchemy, which are the only varieties I have experience in, one person filled with LOVE might see angels or streaming light and knowledge, experience a cleansing of trauma and a rebuilding of the being whereas a fearful person may percive it as the fires of hell with demons trying to tear them apart. If a person has to hang onto and defend all their shit things will be fearful, if they can let go and accept enlightenment and LOVE it can be a wondrous occurance. A persons perceptions depend upon their deep beliefs and archetypes that they use. The more generic term "macro beings" and "micro beings" might be more useful and less fearsome and don't assign fearful meanings.

However, alchemy can come out badly. If you don't intend to take it to completion don't start. It's too dangerous to dabble in.

Thank you, III.

Are you saying it's due to a persons emotions or energies that determines the nature of what we see or sense in regards to the "Macro beings"?

Also, why is it essential for a "Micro being" to connect directly with "Macro beings" in order to reach our goal?

III
10-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Thank you, III.

Are you saying it's due to a persons emotions or energies that determines the nature of what we see or sense in regards to the "Macro beings"?

Also, why is it essential for a "Micro being" to connect directly with "Macro beings" in order to reach our goal?

Hi Alchemical,

Sort of. We each see the world through our filters and library of archetypes. I collected lots of people's descriptions of near death experiences. The experiences map to a any of several generic forms. There is often a tunnel of light or a pattern of light styreaming from the center. There is often a respected or honored personage that we trust ranging from "mother" to "Christ" or "Buddha' or many others to greet us. There is often an "enlightenment" or "inspection" or "examination" with an intense flood of light. There is often a spiral, whether in the form of spiral stariway with St Peter at the top to a spiral on the ground with Buddha or Mary or ?? at the center.

When a person is "sure" of what that person" is doing, the perceived "artitude" and facial expessions may be entirely of one's own projection. If one sees a means of conveyance that is not understood it would often be described is those closest to one's society and life experience. So taking somethong out of context, like a vehicle covered in lights from a Disney parade of lights at Disney World and having somebody from 100 AD seeing it, they might say a wagon of fire with weird monsters or somethong but there is no way they are going to recognize a float based on a motor vehicle covered in electric lights with Donald and Mickey.

Clarke's Law. "Any sufficiently advanced technology looks like magic". Suppose some old guy in your neighborhood was really a time traveler and invited you into his secret basement room in 1950 and showed you AVATAR on his 65 inch 3D flatscreen. What did you just see? Is it explainable or is it magic. If he said it was based on a true incident would you be able to dispute him?

Also, why is it essential for a "Micro being" to connect directly with "Macro beings" in order to reach our goal

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say here. In any case macro beings are made up of mulltitudes of microbeings. Consciosness is arranged hierarchically in the tree of life with each being containing those below.

solomon levi
11-28-2011, 07:14 PM
IMO and experience, dealing with the genius, angels and aliens
is a significant part of alchemy. You cannot work with the quintessence
without drawing their attention.
This should not be surprising or unwelcome - you cannot know the stone
without knowing Oneness, and in knowing Oneness nothing is "alien" to you.
The common lore about angels and aliens is a very small slice of the whole truth.
It will help to think of these various manifestations as various times. Again, one of
my favorite Castaneda quotes comes to mind:
"When I talk about time, I am not referring to something which is measured by the
movement of a clock. Time is the essence of attention; the Eagle's emanations are
made out of time; and properly, when one enters into any aspect of the other self,
one is becoming acquainted with time. The wheel of time is like a state of heightened
awareness which is part of the other self, as the left side awareness is part of the self
of everyday life. It can physically be described as a tunnel of infinite length and width;
a tunnel with reflective furrows. Every furrow is infinite, and there are infinite numbers
of them. Living creatures are compulsorily made, by the force of life, to gaze into one
furrow. To gaze into it means to be trapped by it, to live that furrow."

Here is a depiction of the wheel of time from Fludd. You can see that other beings live on
other levels. For Castaneda, he called them "inorganic beings".

http://z.about.com/d/altreligion/1/0/W/-/-/-/spiral.jpg