PDA

View Full Version : Hey :)

SahasraRa
09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, my name's Mitch.

Anyone looking for a project? I'm after a mentor. Jung led me to alchemy and since then I've bought a few texts and read old ones from the 1500's but don't have the means to practice it atm. I'd like some direction from someone who's willing to invest some time in me, but ofcourse any help is much appreciated :)

Pretty excited :)

Mitch.

Awani
09-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Well let the forums be your mentor. I don't think we have anyone here that is a 100 % expert by themselves, but we all together know a lot.

Welcome.

:cool:

solomon levi
09-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Greetings! Welcome to the forums.

MarkostheGnostic
09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, my name's Mitch.

Anyone looking for a project? I'm after a mentor. Jung led me to alchemy and since then I've bought a few texts and read old ones from the 1500's but don't have the means to practice it atm. I'd like some direction from someone who's willing to invest some time in me, but ofcourse any help is much appreciated :)

Pretty excited :)

Mitch.

Remember the TV show 'Lost?' There was an episode where they wanted to replicate the first airline crash, and end up on the same island. They had to assemble as many of the original passengers, and items belonging to the passengers, even items belonging to a now dead passenger (e.g., his shoes).

This was a form of sympathetic magick using correspondences. When performing external laboratory processes, the inner intention of the operator, projected Jungian fashion onto the substances, may accomplish two things: One - a synchronicity, and two - the possibility that the substance will come to embody the consciousness of the operator, through the projection. If the consciousness of the operator is simplified and focused on a single, universal, archetypal motivation that corresponds with a planet/metal/plant/hour/chakra/organ, the resulting elixir or stone may then become the vessel of such archetypal level of consciousness. Theoretically, the elixir/stone will then become medicinal with regard to the maladies that form the negative correspondances with the organ-chakra functions in the human microcosm, the mind-body.

The performance of outer laboratory processes also correspond to inner psychospiritual processes. Contemplation of internal states occurs alongside of perceptions of physical labor with retorts, crucibles, etc. Realization occurs on Spiritual, Psychological, and Physical levels. One becomes a kind of living manifestion, interiorly and exteriorly, of the Jungian "mana personality" - the magus, the "man of knowledge," the alchemist, who seeks to Realize his/her identity on the Spiritual, Psychological, and Physical levels - the Eternal, the transformational, and the temporal.

In a reverse order of operations, all my personal Dissolutions, Coagulations, Distillations, etc., will result in my Psyche coming to identify with my Spirit (hopefully), or with my Physical Body. Eventually, my Physical Body will be Calcined, and hopefully, my Psyche Sublimated into Spirit. The Ba and the Ka recombined into the Akh (in Egyptian terms), my Calcined Salt returned to the Earth as mere faeces.

The Operation of the Great Work in a nutshell.
By MtG. ;)

SahasraRa
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
From what I've gathered from ye olde texts, practical alchemy is a farce meant to mislead people from it's psycho-spiritual core. What does anyone make of this?

solomon levi
10-04-2011, 01:00 PM
I see all forms of alchemy as practical; the psycho-spiritual and practical are well-knit together.
They proceed together. As above, so below.
What surprised me is that the practical need not necessarily be ingested - that it radiates energies
which are capable of awakening the alchemist. And psycho-spiritual initiations occur with
different phases of the practical work.

I wouldn't say practical is a farce.
Do I think one can work on the psycho-spiritual alone and make progress? Yes.

Lapis Solaris
10-05-2011, 01:07 PM
From what I've gathered from ye olde texts, practical alchemy is a farce meant to mislead people from it's psycho-spiritual core. What does anyone make of this?

Quite the contrary, if I may say so myself. However, it could be correct to a certain extent. ;)
I quite like the quote that Salazius has on his signature, infact... I think it sums it up quite well: "Without Hermetical Vision, all the labware is of no use, all the books read are not understood, you go nowhere." - S.H.D.
Now, practical Alchemy is good, but it is also an aid to understanding. Works without faith are dead, as are faith without works also. I believe that there must be a balance of some sort of practical work, as well as internal understanding. :)

Oh, and by the way, welcome. :)

chrysopoeia
07-07-2012, 02:54 AM
Hello Mitch,

It is fantastic that Jung wrote about alchemy so extensively. He actually took it up from Herbert Silberer, I believe, who killed himself after he was excluded from Freud's circle for writing about the connections between modern psychology, mysticism and esoteric traditions. Herbert Silberer linked alchemical imagery with psychology, something which was taken up and further developed by Jung. Both of these men were so very right in making this connection.

Ghislain
07-07-2012, 06:22 AM
In a reverse order of operations, all my personal Dissolutions, Coagulations, Distillations, etc., will result in my Psyche coming to identify with my Spirit (hopefully), or with my Physical Body. Eventually, my Physical Body will be Calcined, and hopefully, my Psyche Sublimated into Spirit. The Ba and the Ka recombined into the Akh (in Egyptian terms), my Calcined Salt returned to the Earth as mere faeces.

The Operation of the Great Work in a nutshell.
By MtG. ;)

Rather like a metamorphosis MtG, where knowledge and understanding is what we gorge on to fatten up.

While reading your post above I felt a truth. Are we babies maturing into our spiritual adults?

This perspective allows me to understand the love we should have for one and other; we are all working
toward the same end, most just don't know it yet.

Ghislain