PDA

View Full Version : A Dreamer Ascends - RIP Steve Jobs

Seth-Ra
10-06-2011, 12:43 AM
My household runs on Apple technology, mostly because my older brother has been an "Apple whore" since his high-school days. I have heard the story of Steve Jobs, from the early years, to the founding of Apple, to his being fired - Apple tanking, and then Steve's "Second Coming" which boosted them back to being where they are now.

While im not the geek my brother is, from my alchemical perspective, i cannot help but see Steve as a great Artist and Dreamer - always seeking the cutting edge, always dreaming it better, sleeker, more intuitive, more solid - more elegant and whole.

Today, October 5th, 2011 - he died. God, the All, the whole One, needed another dreamer with Him it seems.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs - continue to dream and create - i expect a heavenly iPad one day. :cool:

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/117/8611493f8cc54c7187dc058c5e0643ba/l.png

~Seth-Ra

Ghislain
10-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Wow Seth

I hadn't seen the news...this is the first I have heard that he had died.

I have not been an Apple user myself...<- sounds like a fruit addiction
although I do own an Iphone.

I'm shocked.

Did you know he was the creator of Windows...his mate BG stole it from him.

I guess all is fair in love and war and corporate espionage.

Steve - Gone but not forgotten!

Ghislain

Awani
10-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks Seth, I read it here first... better than CNN.

I have always been an apple user, but not iphone... I have always been using Mac. Never liked microsoft... why complicate things when it can be easy?

Will they manage without him?

:cool:

Alchemical
10-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I too am a Mac user, always have been.

Sad day indeed. They will manage, Apple will go on as they were, they have learned much from their leader =]

What's the name of his "protégé"? He is exactly like Steve.

Awani
10-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Steve was into psychedelics (coming from that 60's generation)... I just wish he was more outspoken about it. For sure a contributing factor to pushing forward etc.

Seth-Ra
10-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah, it happened very suddenly: i was in the floor of the living room about half asleep with our new puppy beside me, dad was watching the Andy Griffith show, and then it got interrupted, and they said Steve Jobs had died - i came to life and texted my brother, hit Apple's site, and see their tribute to him, which i then took a screenshot, and cropped it so i could put it here in my first post. They must have been expecting it, to already have a page up that quick. (it wasnt there all day before then.)

The new CEO is Tim Cook, Steve handed it over in August. Was also a sad day.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Cook)

I think they will manage, but im not sure if the "golden days" will last - but as for hope, Tim has been trained by Steve for quite a while now. So here's to hoping.

I wasnt aware of his psychedelic usage - but its not surprising. I think i had heard about the thing with BG before, i think it all worked out for the best though. ;)

My brother and I both have the iPhone 4 on verizon, and my mom has my brother's old iPhone 3Gs on AT&T. My brother owns a 17 inch MacBook Pro, i have 2 MacBooks (one is much newer) and an old Apple G4 tower, my mother had the MacBook Air, but now only has an iPad, and my dad has a MacBook Pro - everyone of these was curtesy of my brother, who originally had them, and upgraded, passing them down to us. He is taking Steve's death the hardest out of us all - but then, his job and his passion for computers has always revolved around the Mac - around Apple - around Steve, since he was a little boy. If not for Steve and my brother - my family's technological prowess would be royally f*cked. lol

Dev, i totally agree and i think its a great motto to live by - keep things simple. There is elegance in simplicity, there is intuitiveness and spirit in simplicity - as Androg. once said "simplicity is the seal of Truth" - tis all very true. :)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
10-07-2011, 01:07 PM
99% Wall Street protesters boo CEOs, but mourn Steve Jobs

“Jobs was such a beloved person in comparison with someone like Bill Gates because his passion for people, and having fun, and making lives better always came through in his products and message. That’s rare among billionaires, says Dr. Sobel-Logeski.

“His personal narrative suggests he would be very sympathetic to this sort of thing: college dropout, really influnced by '60s counterculture,” adds DuBois “Also, the Occupy Wall Street generation are young enough that they haven’t really been without him. He’s this weird, omnipresent, benevolent figure. It’s like losing the pope or something.”

Read whole article: http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/2011/1006/99-Wall-Street-protesters-boo-CEOs-but-mourn-Steve-Jobs