PDA

View Full Version : alchemy related dreams

solomon levi
10-14-2011, 05:56 PM
There were a couple dreams mentioned in the SM thread in the practical section.
I thought this could use a thread of its own.
I would like that this thread include dreams that are especially related to, or the
result of, your lab work, whatever that means to you. :)

I have this recurring dream, sort of. The actions I perform in the dream are not
the primary subject so much, or the recurring part. What is recurring is my awareness
of the stone and my conscious attempts to raise its energy. The dream can be about
anything, but whatever I am doing in the dream, I am very aware that my choices
and my consciousness are making the stone. Sometimes this results in me applying
fire. But there are no images of fire in my dream, just my consciousness, and it relates
to the dragon. Other times my efforts incorporate sublimation and there is a "dove consciousness"
that I become aware of which has definite correlations to the white stone. Last night, I
was aware of some efforts towards the purpling of the stone, but mostly dealt with the
white stage.
It's hard to speak of it in more precise terms. It's just something I am very aware of while I sleep.

Years ago, I mean several years, when I was in a particular school I was especially focussed
on alchemy and the red lion. I had drawn a symbol of the red lion and was focussing on it -
a particular type of focus/trance which leads one into other/altered states of consciousness.
In the altered state I had a dream/vision and I was in another time (perhaps life) that involved
Egypt. I was being trained in a school and this particular training involved walking with a real lion.
The lion was very sensitive to my thoughts and feelings - if they were inharmonious the lion
would get upset and prepare to attack me, so I focussed very intently on holding thoughts and
feelings of peace with all, because my life depended on it.

Well, that's kind of the feeling in this recurring dream. Only I am making efforts to maintain or
raise the frequency/vibration/consciousness of the stone.

MarkostheGnostic
10-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Lost my first post! Hit the wrong button! :mad: Faeces! Not the alchemical kind!

I dreamed of 5 books. Not the Pentateuch, but one large parchment colored book like a 6" thick Funk & Wagnall's dictionary I used to have, and 4 smaller, but still thick, same-colored books. I am reminded of Peter D'Adamo's Eat Right for Your Type, which was about matching the foods we eat to our blood type. There is the main text, and then 4 satellite books, each on type A, B, AB, or O, and smaller - intended to be taken to the food store when shopping. The 'lesser' books had lists of Positive, Negative, and Neutral foods for each blood type. This reminds me of the Sulphur, Salt and Mercury in alchemy. In my dream was a corpulent, maternal Cuban female counselor whom I work with. On the outside, a Catholic, but she has a St. Lazarus, Santeria deity on her lawn, so there is a Pagan side to her. She tells me (as some archetypal feminine mother image), that the books are OK as long as I read the Bible along-side with them. Now, this woman is so fearful of the grave and crematoria (lack of Air, and Fire), that she has purchased, and is paying off a 6-person family mausoleum to the tune of $200,000! Now, this woman seems mostly, Earth and Water, with little Fire or Air. Maybe, Melancholic and Phegmatic - Earth and Water, heavy, but practical in a worldly sense. Perhaps this woman suggests the biblical "salt of the earth" type of individual to me. She is not 'Fiery' in any passionate sense (except in her maternal role), neither is she 'Airy' in an intellectual sense. I have lots of Air, and Fire, so she represents the wisdom of my 'inferior' (deficient) elements.

The Judeao-Christian ethics I live by seem to be superceded by a Pagan, albeit alchemical mythos. I believe in enlightenment in the present, as a fully-realized eschatology, not in the partially-realized eschatology that the Bible speaks to -with the Kingdom of God/Heaven in some future time and space. I am much more NeoPlatonic in my metaphysics than biblical. Of the gospels, I prefer the high-flying, Airy Eagle of John, to the profoundly Earthy Lion of Mark, Ox of Luke, or even the Man of Matthew. The woman in the dream is a compensatory figure, and she reminds me of a balance that I need to maintain. To the 4 gospels, I would add Thomas as the 5th, as in The Five Gospels, by Robert Funk.

I awakened with memory of the only book I now own that resembles the smaller books in the dream, the Opus Mago-Cabbalisticum et Theosophicum. This is a book I've only just begun to study. I also awakened with an analogy to the alchemy-Bible juxtaposition - like the Red Yeast Rice I take for cholesterol, but along with Coenzyme Q10 and Milk Thistle needed to counteract the negative effect on the liver of the naturally occurring Lovastatin. The ancient Greeks thought the liver held the soul - the live-r of the body. When Prometheus stole Fire from the gods to give to humanity, he was punished by being bound to a rock on a mountain, where an eagle tore him open and devoured his liver every day, only to heal completely at night. (The eagle eating the soul was re-told by Carlos Casteneda in The Eagle's Gift). I'm thinking of the Celestial Fire of alchemy with regard to Prometheus.

There are themes of (5) - the Pentagram, the Quintessential, the dream books, the 5 gospels. The 5th element transcends the other four, but transcendence is not achieved until the 4 elements are in balance. The co-worker was a compensatory figure symbolizing the denser elements that I still seem to reject at an unconscious level, but which need assimilation. The Salt is the body, the Sulphur is the mind, the Mercury is the Spirit, and I still need to come down to Earth. I'm still too much the inspired (Fire) intellectual (Air).

solomon levi
10-15-2011, 08:49 PM
An enjoyable read Markos!
I really like the comparison of the Gospel of Thomas to the fifth element.
Hadn't thought of that. :)
I got a really good dreaming energy while reading your post, like I was connecting on some level,
but I dare not attempt any interpretation - I like the lesson I got from the feeling of it. :)

MarkostheGnostic
10-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Glad you got something out of it. I merely wanted to record a dream, and that desire coincided with this thread. Kinda synchronistic, so I took the bait :)

I'm not a numbers person. Maybe a touch of 'acalculia,' or a developmental fixation. Miss sword, my 2nd grade teacher, had us keep a cigar box with buttons or bottle caps. She gave us a sheet of black construction paper on which we arranged the buttons in patterns, sort of like the white dots on black dominos. At any rate, that process somehow fixed a Concrete Operational process that interfered with higher abstract and spontaneous arithmetic. My math mind moves at dial-up speed doing simple arithmetic, despite the algebra, trig, geometry, calculus, Boolean logic, stat, and research designs I've had to learn. So, in my aversian to math, I didn't pursue chemistry (the #1 occupation for INTPs like me). AND, as a result, apparently, I am sensitive to numerical themes that arise in dreams. It's one of the most telling things I find in the interpretation of dreams from a Jungian perspective.

I remember giving a seminar in a local university, where the image was 3 females standing in a garden bounded by a circular wall. I saw a Feminine trinity, and deduced (from details now forgotten), a recent radical change in the dreamer's spiritual identity. I remember how strong the archetypal 'threeness' was. It turned out that the dreamer had been a Catholic nun, had suddenly come out of the closet as a lesbian, and left the Church. Her former masculine dominated Holy Trinity (the Holy Spirit having been 'neutered' by the gender-neutral Greek word 'ψυχή,' pneuma), was rejected as she assumed a feminine-dominant orientation, which colored her theological notions as well. The number 5 was dominant in my dream, and inasmuch as the archetypes are numberless (countless), and numbers are infinite, the archetypal essences of each number is likewise infinite. Those numbers which are close to Zero, at least the single digit numbers up to 10, seem particularly significant (10 sephiroth, 7 chakras/alchemical stages/metals/planets/candlesticks before the throne in Revelations/etc.)

solomon levi
10-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I experienced this last night. I mean exactly like this. The zodiac was my belt/equator. Pretty amazing.

http://new.rejesus.co.uk/images/area_uploads/zodiac_statue.jpg

MarkostheGnostic
10-20-2011, 02:06 AM
12 disciples, 12 tribes of Israel, 12 stones on the Urim Thummim breastplate in Exodus 28:15-19, 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 labors of Heracles, Revelations 12:1 speaking of a crown of 12 stars around the Woman of the Apocalypse, etc.

"Jesus surrounds himself with 12 disciples. This is usually taken to be symbolic of the 12 tribes of Israel. This notion of 12 tribes, however, is itself a symbolic reference to the 12 signs of the zodiac in Babylonian astrology, which the Jews adopted whilst in exile in Babylon. The zodiac was an extremely important symbol in the Pagan world. Osiris-Dionysis is symbolically represented as the still spiritual center of the turning wheel of change represented by the 12 signs. [...] the Mysteries of Mithras 12 disciples surrounded the godman, just as the 12 disciples surrounded Jesus. The Mithraic disciples were dressed up to represent the 12 signs of the zodiac and circled the initiate, who represented Mithras himself.”

-[I]The Jesus Mysteries
Timothy Freke & Peter Gandy (1999)

Congratulations! You had a 'Big Dream,' with the emergence of an archetypal image. The only warning would be not to identify your ego with the dream-ego's representation of the Self.

solomon levi
10-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey Markos!
Well, I hadn't thought of that. My experience was direct, as if my consciousness had
grown to the size of the solar system. I experienced it simply as a greater consciousness.
Well, I also experienced it looking at myself from the outside in order to see that picture I
posted. But i was also the "man" (probably our sun, but I didn't realise it; or the solar
system entire) aware of my electro-magnetic torus from the center "column" of it, looking
at the belt of the zodiac.
But yes, it is an appropriate interpretation, if we take it alchemically, which has been my
focus. In fact, I was thinking/visioning alot about christ last night while working. Christ
is synonymous with Hermes/Mercury and many others from other traditions, so s/he is
our QE, which I have been contemplating and aligning myself with. I had the most amazing
experiences last night, so much I'd like to share. But part was being a living Philosophers'
Stone - incorporating these qualities into one's own consciousness, understanding what
the magnet to the SM is in a human being. One manifestation of the magnet is enthusiasm.
Another is the sacred heart of Jesus aflame:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpL_8WHZqh6Anax_p8Nz00SYict6UBM vrc4BjIEBDY5C41YeGSMg

I already mentioned a couple times the correspondence between unconditional love and
undetermined SM. Lately, I've seen a couple times how alchemy is truly capable of
redeeming the entire world, as Christ is said to have done.

It's funny you should quote Freke and Gandy. I was going to post
something from them inspired by something Salazius wrote yesterday. :)
There's actually two things I was going to post from them. One is appropriate for what
we were just discussing. I read "The Jesus Mysteries" a couple years ago. I was just starting
"Jesus and the Lost Goddess" which looks really good. What the hell, I'll just post it here
since the gods of synchronycity have spoken. :)
Chapter 1 begins with a quotation appropriate to our convo
and alchemy IMO - the discussions we've been having on the SM/prima materia:
"I will reveal to you what no eye can see, what no ear can hear, what no hand can touch,
what cannot be conceived by the human mind." - The Gospel of Thomas

Then it begins so lovely, I would really like to share it with everyone:
"Life is a Mystery. A Mystery so awesome that we insulate ourselves from its
intensity. To numb our fear of the unknown we desensitize ourselves to the miracle
of living. We perpetuate the nonchalant lie that we know who we are and what life is.
Yet behind this preposterous bluff the Mystery remains unchanging, waiting for us to
remember to wonder..."

Can't wait to read more. I really like their writings.
Back to Jesus and the stone, there were a couple more realisations I had last night on
this subject. One is that Chrysopeia is as good a name as any for alchemy. It is generally
interpreted as "gold making", but I saw/see it as Christ making, or even Christ-Sophia. :)

Another item I contemplated was this saying, Matthew 5:13
"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost its savor, wherewith shall it be salted?
It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and trodden under foot of men."

It seems to have an alchemical meaning other than the usual interpretation.
"Salt of the earth" is a very specific thing in alchemy. And "savor" or taste may refer to
alchemical sulphur. One interpretation could be that if man loses or forsakes his rational soul,
what good is he but to be an automaton, a sheep - dare i say "goyim"?
To be the salt of the earth is similar to being the quintessence, the "essential" portion of
the earth and humanity; the "spearhead"/iron/sulphur/savor.

There was a lot more, but I'll leave it at that. :)

Nibiru
10-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi Solomon, I've been feeling the same about love recently and here's a link for you about the potential role of our physical heart in alchemy: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15823696

I also had very strange dreams last night, I would almost go so far as to say I was also feeling myself undergoing the evolution of the stone. It was a reoccurring dream and was very strange because it was one of the only times I can remember dreaming without being a physical body. The dream was me experiencing myself as consciousness in a non-physical form, I was undergoing a slow circulation in some form of spherical vessel for what felt like a very long time. This is all it was.. I was a form of gas, spirit, or vapor and was slowly rotating in a sphere. It felt very purifying and continues into my waking consciousness :)

solomon levi
10-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Wow! Thanks Nibiru. God, I love learning.
Just think of all the heart-beat frequencies creating a web on the earth,
from hummingbirds (1260 bpm!) to blue whales (8 bpm!). :)

What a wonderful dream!
Sounds more peaceful than the most relaxing song in the world. :)
Reminds me of distillation - I love the sound percolating and watching the drops
slowly come over and find a rhythm; like a beautiful meditation.

I'm having the most wonderful day! And it started with something so mundane and
vexingly common - disliking my boss. This is the second time recently that I've chosen
to be happy. And it happens in some miraculous way better than I could do it myself, and
I get thrown out of some depressing thought directly into ecstacy - no drugs or anything.
I say that because I do smoke weed now and then. Oh look! It's now! (just kidding) ;)
Weed really helped thrust me into visions, visions about whatever I chose to focus on. But now
I have visions all the time whenever I contemplate something with passion, no smoking needed.
Anyway, this is really a manifestation of alchemy, employing a magnet - like attracting like.
My Dad told me something last week that just boggled my mind and made me laugh, it was so
self-evident! He said,

"If you want to change things in your life, you have to start changing things in your life."

LOL! It still makes me laugh. It's like there is no process! Just jump right in.
And the amazing thing is that it works because it is true. We mustn't forget the other side
of the maxim, "As below, so above." Or, as Androgynus and I like to say, "If you build it,
he will come." (from the movie "Field of Dreams") It's just like matter/earth being the magnet
for SM. But not ordinary earth; we need an especially pure earth. In the same way, wishing
doesn't manifest as reality. It doesn't have the proper pondus. Wishing is air. But INTENT,
Intent is a fiery earth; Intent is Reality. That is, your reality is a perfect reflection of your true
intent/focus/acceptance/identity etc. A wish or desire is too heterogenous or foreign to THAT
WHICH IS. But Intent is of the same cloth as Reality.

There is something more to do with love and affection... like when I got my new car at the end
of last year, a 2007 Ford Mustang, so nice, so fun to drive - never had anything like it. And I
felt so grateful every time I got in it - I mean I would cry sometimes, I was that happy. I tried
to keep that new feeling and not let myself get used to it and make it common and taken for
granted. But that feeling is gone now. I can bring it back if I focus/remind myself, but generally
I just get in and drive and have a mere shadow of the joy it used to bring me. And orgone devices...
when I first built them it was new and I didn't know what to expect and I was so surprised that
they really worked and I loved them; I felt so connected to my creations. But after a while, if I
don't make the effort/intention to consciously connect with them, I don't notice them or feel at all
empowered by them. The same often happens in relationships - what was new and exciting becomes
old and predictable, the known.
So what I'm getting at is that love, affection, enthusiasm, interest, fascination, wonder... these qualities
magnetize the Spirit, vitality, newness, joy. Just as a good, sincere, interested listener on the edge of
their seat makes/magnetizes the speaker to talk eloquently and more deeply about whatever subject
they are speaking about; when they see your interest, they get excited, they get energy, and that energy
unfolds their knowledge and their words even more deeply, like the Celestine Prophecy mentions. And
that co-operation and co-(m)munication create a co-energy which can build momentum, raising the
co-consciousness. :)
Which reminds me, something y'all may want to try with someone you love...
Umm, I'll make a new post. This one is getting long and what I was about to say has to do with the
Soror/Frater Mystica, so I'll post it there. :)

MarkostheGnostic
10-21-2011, 04:20 AM
Sacred Heart. He art. The Crown of thorns symbolizes the Crown/Head/Kether. The 'thorn' is the Hebrew letter Yod (י), middle letter of Ayin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayin_(Kabbalah).
The Crown descends to the Heart - Transcendental Consciousness has its seat in the Heart, as the Egyptians, Tibetans, and Advaitists say. The Heart is the Sun/Son, the Head is the Moon - reflected Light - unity into multiplicity. "...one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and straightway there came out blood and water." - John 19:34. Conjunctio - Solar Blood and Lunar Water. Luke 23:44-48 "And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour." And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst." Eclipse. Coincidentia Oppositorum. The Veil of Paraketh rent. Passage to Tiphereth - the Sun - The Holy of Holies - The Knowledge of and Conversation with the Holy Guardian Angel. The Absolute is a Jewel in the Lotus of the Heart [Om Mani Padme Hum]. Om is the Infinite, Hum (as in Human) is the Infinite IN the finite, according to Lama Govinda. Between Heaven and earth lies the Human realm - participant of both Infinite and finite, Eternal and temporal. Christ's nature is not a unique specie, it is the archetype of what all of us are.

solomon levi
10-26-2011, 01:49 AM
I napped this afternoon and, out of the blue - for I haven't been contemplating quartz lately -
I had a dream about the material condensation of the SM as a crystal or frozen water that when
placed in water, its mother, the mine, turned into a gelatinous substance inside of a plastic
envelope.
In the dream, I was intentionally trying to understand the first matter, like it was a school project
or something. :)

Nibiru
10-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Have you ever tried to open the structure of quartz in anyway? Would a dry lye boil be effective for the separation or maybe another method? Here's a link to a video I found on someone doing an "ormus" drop on amethyst(form of quartz), once the precipitate begins to drop you can see a purple aura form and surround the beaker.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvqNRD-Voc

solomon levi
11-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Have you ever tried to open the structure of quartz in anyway? Would a dry lye boil be effective for the separation or maybe another method? Here's a link to a video I found on someone doing an "ormus" drop on amethyst(form of quartz), once the precipitate begins to drop you can see a purple aura form and surround the beaker.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McvqNRD-Voc

Oh yes. One of the most popular is to fuse it with salt of tartar and let it
deliquesce into what they call oil of sand, oil of flints, oil of quartz; what we
moderns call sodium silicate, waterglass. Lye would work fine too.

solomon levi
11-02-2011, 06:37 PM
last week I had a recurring dream four days in a row - not so much a dream
as it was being aware of certain images and goings on.
Each time I was making salt, but not sodium chloride or any crude salt.
For example, the first time I dreamed it I was creating "salt" from the environment,
from circumstances and whatever, just by joining masculine and feminine energies
from my surroundings, and they would become an etheric salt that I would store
in my body or energy body, and it felt wonderful. In the latter days I was more
aware of just the frequency of the "salt"/white stage/angel and my vibrations rising.
So i woke up every morning from this "dream" and would just lay there and intentionally
go back into the dream because it felt so nice, and I was trying to bring it through to
my physical memory so i could do it while awake.

After those 4 days, I wrote down a dream in my notebook. It simply says:
"I am simultaneously reading and writing my book of life."
This was, and still is (though not constant) a unique mode of dual perception of agent
and patient.

Kiorionis
02-04-2015, 05:49 AM
I had this dream roughly ten days after I began a new internal practice:

I was walking in circles around my apartment with my arm held up over my head. I didn't realize at first that there was something pulling on me. When this strange entity holding my arm came to be known, I grabbed hold of his and pulled him down through the roof. The figure was a blackish-green silhouette of a man [my Shadow Self]. We began wrestling to see whose influence would win. In the end I overcame him and had him in a headlock. I ordered him to submit, and he said only if I were to take a blue squid to Aphrodite.

Not only did this dream confirm my process, but gave me the next step as well :)

Awani
02-04-2015, 05:59 AM
Reminds me of what I have just been privately writing about... You separate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross, gently with great industry.

:cool:

Andro
02-04-2015, 10:06 AM
only if I were to take a blue squid to Aphrodite.

Sounds a bit like the 'mysterious' union between Venus and Mars.

Once Venus surfaces, it is 'incomplete' without the Capstone/Mars/Fiery Spirit/etc.

At least that's my interpretation...

Kiorionis
02-09-2015, 03:47 AM
Reminds me of what I have just been privately writing about... You separate the earth from the fire, the subtle from the gross, gently with great industry.

:cool:

Dev,
It is quite similar, and the matter is most definitely a subtle essence!

Andro,
It was indeed a mysterious union :)

Practically, taking the blue squid [of the shadowy figure] to Aphrodite had to do with the last steps of Sublimation, and where the breath is centered (Venus/Heart Center).