PDA

View Full Version : RogerC

solomon levi
10-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Still dont see why there is not union on this topic of SM - universal and determined...
~Seth-Ra

Well, I've observed RogerC to use these two aspects, determined and universal, as a sort of NLP
or reframing to support his biases. If i talk about silicates, he talks about limestone. If I talk about limestone,
he talks about astral...

In other words, he uses context and angles/perspective to make something appear one way or another.
He muddies threads by confusing the universal and determined when he clearly knows the difference.
I have watched him give "undetermined" answers in reply to my "determined" questions in order to make me appear incorrect.

I would prefer to argue information and not people, but when these inconsistencies point to prejudices and biases,
I am forced to look to the person who holds these prejudices. If RogerC had not these prejudices, he would
respond to the questions and comments as they are and not his versions where he leaves out essential words,
as I pointed to in an above post, and anyone can see for themselves.

vega33
10-13-2011, 12:09 AM
I would prefer to argue information and not people, but when these inconsistencies point to prejudices and biases, I am forced to look to the person who holds these prejudices. If RogerC had not these prejudices, he would respond to the questions and comments as they are and not his versions where he leaves out essential words, as I pointed to in an above post, and anyone can see for themselves.

This is exactly what I was complaining about which has me questioning the effectiveness of speaking the truth on forums such as these and made me stop posting here. If roger was the only person doing this, it would seem quite effective to simply get rid of the source of the muddying and that would fix the problem. But I have seen this occur even on email based forums, always it is a kind of person who is not interested in arguing facts or information in the hope of reaching truth, but proving their own biases instead. At times it has brought me to wonder at paranoid moments whether such people are planted to distract the true seekers of the wisdom of the Most High from their goal of studying creation deeply enough to pierce the veil, but there are other more subtle (or rather unsubtle) folk who will take this or that minera and say "this is the basis of the Stone" *without citing firm philosophical evidence corroborating their statement*. This was my problem back when I got in an argument with Leo back when he was still around about the subject, trying to point out the basis.

von Welling, for all of his pompousness, tried as hard as he could to point out the one thing that is the key of the whole Art, in his chapters on Eternal Wisdom, and especially in his discussion of Salt. But few would listen to him either, to the simplicity of the Secret hidden within the name of wisdom. So did Gerhard Dorn when, following Basil, he spoke of the light that unites the moisture of the form with its fire/heat/life being found most strongly and most brilliantly in metals (Basil spoke of as the ferch of metals). This light is indeed present physically in metals, and not just in some vain astral light which has been ill-defined, a term which originated from alchemy's recognition of this precious light of the stars. But, should I talk until the cows come home instead of working, I would have great social ties but no results. Orgone is a great example of this power locked within metals that is released by external stimuli - look what it does for the human organism when properly made manifest in a setting where the external "light" of our machines we use daily cannot overpower and absorb it. Thelesma and, dare I say it, "Rock of Ages" :>

Back to the silence again.

solomon levi
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks Vega33.
"This was my problem back when I got in an argument with Leo back when he was still around about the subject, trying to point out the basis."

Well, that's because RogerC is Leo.
His MO is the same as it used to be. Lie, manipulate, create confusion, write about one thing
in several threads, especially threads that I start, then when his behavior is pointed out he pretends
or actually believes he is being the victim of some unjust treatment.
I don't mind RogerC participating in the forums, but one more example of this behavior
and I will ban him immediately.

True Initiate
10-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks Vega33.
Well, that's because RogerC is Leo.

I didn't want to be the first to expose him but i know this for some time.
Lies have short legs

solomon levi
10-14-2011, 06:22 PM
I've opened up a can of worms.
Let's say this, whether he is or he isn't doesn't matter:
He has a chance to remain here if he wants to.
Simply argue fairly without twisting people's words or editing them in a way that falsely represents them.
I don't care who the personality is. The person will be banned for their intentional disruptive behavior
if it continues.

alfr
10-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Hi every one
If is true rogerc is leo? i am very happy welome to hin for the return .

my best regars alfr

solomon levi
10-14-2011, 07:13 PM
From here forward, any posts about personalities in the practical section of this forum will be deleted.
Everyone understands what "Practical Alchemy" means.
Please adhere to the rules of the forums.
If you want to say "Hi" to someone, use PM.

Hellin Hermetist
10-14-2011, 10:38 PM
Hi every one
If is true rogerc is leo? i am very happy welome to hin for the return .

my best regars alfr

Yes, it's true. The strange thing is that nobody had suspected that all this time.

Hellin Hermetist
10-14-2011, 10:57 PM
(Basil spoke of as the ferch of metals)

Back to the silence again.

Yeah, he uses the terms ferch and lubricum and says that these are very ancient terms. He says that we can acquire the metallic ferch under a liquid or coagulated form. I don't know if any other writer use these terms. It seems that some of his opinions at his Will and Testament are wholly different from the opinions of most of the other authors.

Andro
10-14-2011, 11:11 PM
The strange thing is that nobody had suspected that all this time.

Wrong. Lately, there have been quite a few discussions in the background about this. And quite a few people have been suspecting it for some time.

But nobody really felt the need to point it out in the open - until now.

But it doesn't really matter (to me) if rogerc is or isn't Leo.

The most important thing is that the Forum continues to run smoothly, without any renewed streams of wounded/inflated egos and and self-aggrandizing sermons under the guise of false humility (to those employing this tactic - you ARE transparent), which have already shown the potential to become viral on many threads and disrupt constructive and beneficial communication.

And, like I have already said in the 'past' - after this is all over, we'll all have a good laugh together, over drinks in Valhalla :)

PS: Drinks are on me :cool:

solomon levi
10-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Yes, it's true. The strange thing is that nobody had suspected that all this time.

Well, I wanted to give him a chance, and still do.
Some people, you give them enough rope and they hang themselves.
If RogerC wants to keep things civil and peacefully post his views,
we are pretty decent moderators and willing to allow his return.

To really clarify - there's nothing wrong with arguing and debating. That's allowed.
It's totally scientific, skeptic, inquisitive... whatever.
And yes, everyone is allowed their views.
What isn't allowed is to falsely represent someone to win an argument.
Really, there doesn't need to be a winner. Ideally, IMO, two people argue their side
as best as they can and leave it at that. But when someone feels a need to win and they
try to do so by twisting the other person's argument and misrepresenting it by leaving
out key words and basically lying to make someone else look bad, that is intentionally
disrupting the forum.
To misunderstand someone is one thing, and I know what that looks like, and it
is usually followed by an apology when one is open-minded.
To misrepresent someone looks totally different.

garvolt2002
05-26-2012, 04:48 AM
Why was Rogerc banned. He was a great contributor to this forum and had great intuition when it came to practical alchemy. This forum is a little quiet without him. Can we all not work together no matter what is said in the heat of battle. I do not not always agree with him but I am wise enough to say I could be wrong and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Andro
05-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Why was Rogerc banned. He was a great contributor to this forum and had great intuition when it came to practical alchemy.
This forum is a little quiet without him. Can we all not work together no matter what is said in the heat of battle.
I do not not always agree with him but I am wise enough to say I could be wrong and give him the benefit of the doubt.

The above message was moved here from the Practical Alchemy section, where it was originally posted.

Please do not post any more messages dealing with personal(ity) and logistical issues (as the one above) in the Practical Alchemy section.

From here forward, any posts about personalities in the practical section of this forum will be deleted.
Everyone understands what "Practical Alchemy" means.
Please adhere to the rules of the forums.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why was Rogerc banned.

First of all he left by himself, and was subsequently banned for not abiding by the Forum's simple Rules and Guidelines (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/announcement.php?f=2&a=3), NOT because of his Alchemy related contributions.

Hello, everyone this is me LeoRetilus ...aka Rogerc, the date is April 30, 2012, so after 691 posts as LeoRetilus and 375 posts as Rogerc I am formally announcing my permanent and total departure from this forum.
__________________________________________________ ___________________

This forum is a little quiet without him.

Everyone who feels that way is free to join his website, which he announced in his Departure (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2851-Departure) post:

feel free to drop in on me at houseleoretilus.org, otherwise please abstain, as one house cannot tolerate many masters.....I am opening a new forum section which will be freely accessable.

Many have left and started their own forums, which is fine. Good luck!
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

I hope all of the above explains the unfolding of events clearly enough to settle any misunderstandings once and for all, so we don't have to further dwell on it.

solomon levi
05-26-2012, 07:18 AM
"Other reasons for my departure stem along the lines that in a world of continually decrepitating morality I can no longer abide and have for an audience, godless, immoral drug using wraiths, who don't have the decency to recognize good from evil, and moral and upstanding acts from immoral and deprave acts..." - RogerC

RogerC broke the rules of the forum by having more than one account, as well.
We new this and overlooked it, partially because we know that he is well-liked
by many of this forum and decided to give him a second chance.
To clarify, he was already banned and snuck back in using a different username.

His above statement shows a lack of consideration and tolerance for others beliefs and views.
Because we see a different "god" than he, we are godless! The forum rules state that one should
respect others views. So RogerC left the forum on his own accord, and was probably banned as
he is not welcome back due to his intolerance of others.