PDA

View Full Version : The Forbidden Letters

laborsolis
10-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Dear members of this Forum,

Does anybody know what the Forbidden Letters to Philip Gardiner are worth?

http://www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGardiner/forbidden_letters1.htm

III
10-30-2011, 06:58 PM

I lookd them over. A peciliar set of writing with lots of unspoken assumptions. I have no idea what to make of it.

MarkostheGnostic
10-30-2011, 08:31 PM

They're not worth much to me. What is this homosexual agenda about, except some need to be homosexist (affirming the superiority of homosexual orientation, vs. heterosexist)? Homosexuality is the sine qua non for being an alchemist?! I think not. Transgenderism may suggest some form of balance to some, but one may as well insist on biological hermaphroditism as being necessary for balancing the gender opposites. I believe that the mythic Iesous embodied the feminine virtue of Compassion in a masculine form. (Usually rendered 'Beauty,' Tiphereth on the Kabbalistic Tree, Rahamim, 'Compassion,' is sometimes used as a balancing principle between Geburah, 'Judgement,' and Chesed, 'Mercy'). Tiphereth-Rahamin, the Sun/Son, the Lesser Countenance, is said (in typically mythic style) to be born parthenogenically, i.e., virgin birth. I once asked in jest a physiology professor if Iesous was therefore genetically haploid. He said, (in jest), "What do you think the 'H' stands for in [the expression] Jesus H. Christ?"

I understand that the misquoting of Isaiah 7:14, by the author Matthew, was due to his reading the Septuigint instead of the Hebrew text. In Hebrew, the word is 'almah,' which means young woman. The Hebrew text does not read 'bertholah,' which means virgin. In the Greek translation from the Hebrew, the NT word is 'parthenos,' which means young woman AND virgin (as in the Parthenos - dedicated to 'the virgin goddess,' Athena). So the doctrine of the virgin birth, and before that, the immaculate conception of Miriam, mother of Iesous, became a necessary construction to make the Theotokos (Mother of God), sinless herself. Such contrivances, especially the Catholic value of celibacy over fecundity. So, Iesous was not a male form, whose genetics were comprised of XX instead of XY chromosomes. Normal human birth. The balance that was mentioned in the letters is something we must all accomplish. Biblical sayings attributed to Iesous also speak to martial (i.e., of Mars) aspects, like:

“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household. Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me." - Matthew 10:37

The Christ in John's Revelations has a sword protruding from his mouth, and comes as an apocalyptic judge. So much for all sweetness and light. If anything, as a human paradigm, Iesous as 'Archetypal Man,' embodied the classic 7 planets, and, as such, the corresponding psychic centers (i.e., chakras). These centers of motivation are scattered throughout the Tenach and NT. For example:
"Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly." - Job 40:16 Genital and Navel centers. "And there appeared to them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat on each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:3-4 Brain and Throat Centers. References to the Heart are numerous. Iesous references the Anal Center indirectly, and dismissively in connection to sins of dietary law: "Do not you yet understand, that whatever enters in at the mouth goes into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man." - Matthew 15:17-18. Interestingly enough, in the Vajrayana yogic system, the motive force of the Anal-Genital (combined) symbolized by the seed syllable 'A', after an enlightenment experience [OM], becomes transferred to the Throat Center, symbolized by the syllable 'AH.' In the above Iesous statements, what passes into the "draught" (through the Anal Center) is scarcely worth mentioning, but the "mouth" indicates the Throat Center's importance. The "cloven [serpent] tongues like of as fire" (as in the Inner Fire of Vajrayana, or Kundalini in Hindu Tantra), descends from Head through Throat, and into the Heart, from which an energetic reflux occurs up to the Throat, giving "utterance."

I find it important to draw parallels with other traditions, but it is equally important not to confound one system or tradition with the intentions of those who wrote biblical material. I think the ancients knew certain things in the Middle East, but they were not systematized as they were in India, Tibet, and China. All too often, rigorous systems have been attributed where they never were, like Moses receiving The Emerald Tablet from Hermes Trismegistus. For crying out loud, aren't the Tablets of the Law enough?! How enriching is it to combine mythologies like this? It comes off as hokey. I often wonder how many associations I am attributing to a biblical image that was never intended. Jacob's dream of the ladder at Luz, which he renames Bethel (House of God) for example. The ladder is probably a reference to the spine, just as the Djed column was a reference to the vertebrae of Osiris in Egypt. Luz means light, almond, and coccyx!!! The ascending-descending angels might be an externalized version of a classic Kundalini experience of solar and lunar currents running between coccyx and Amygdala in the limbic system of the brain - a center of high arousal emotion. Amygdala means almond!

When Philip K. Dick had a psychic experience in which he accurately 'heard' his sick son's condition - "Your son has an undiagnosed right inguinal hernia. The hydrocele has burst, and it has descended into the scrotal sac. He requires immediate attention, or he will soon die." PKD had no idea what this diagnosis meant, but he was spot on! When ancients wrote things that we now interpret, we can choose to believe our interpretations or not, but are we being accurate? I want to know if, like PKD, I am being accurately informed by a transcendental intelligence.

Andro
10-30-2011, 09:17 PM
There already is a rather 'hot' thread about this.

How The Stone Is Produced - The Forbidden Letters (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1590-How-the-Stone-is-produced-%28the-Forbidden-Letters%29)

From where I'm looking - a few great points, buried under truckloads of sanctimonious dogma...

For the record, Androgynous bodies are not (currently) available on Earth for use as incarnational vehicles, so some just have to settle for what they feel may be 'The Next Best Thing' for their own SPECIFIC incarnational purposes.

I tend to no longer participate in opinionated debates with no basis in personal experience, including unqualified hetero opinions about homosexuality.

(YUCK!!! What do you hets actually really know about being gay, anyway?)

And... 'homosexual agenda' ? ? ?

REALLY ? ? ?

After centuries (and more) of persecution, demonization, criminalization/hospitalization/incarceration and even murder/execution, done (or sanctioned) by religion, state, media and many private brainwashed nutcases/simpletons - some STILL have the fucking NERVE to talk about a 'homosexual agenda' ? ? ? Makes one wonder... WHAT were/are they SO afraid of ? ? ? Hmmmmmm......... Time to hold my piece...

Watch 'X-Men'. Note the FEAR and PERSECUTION generated by the possibility that the X-Men may be a link to the next phase in human evolution.
(And I am placing my emphasis on FEAR and PERSECUTION, not necessarily on evolution).

After centuries of mainstream established hetero brainwashing and PROPAGANDA, (of course you don't see it as such) - some have the NERVE to talk about a 'homosexual agenda'?

People simply wanting, no, NEEDING to be recognized for the gifts they can bring to the world, while feeling free from prejudice, having equal rights and opportunities to express their identity and individuality without having to hide who they are?

Well, then I'm all in for this 'agenda'. Heteros have been 'shoving their lifestyles in our faces' (to use the common het expression) practically everywhere, for SO long.

Maybe it's about fucking time for an Antithesis to these fixed mental presets almost everyone seems to be defaulting on...

Yes, I know, it can feel like cold water in the face for you hets to realize that your thing is not 'THE THANG'.

NOBODY's PARTICULAR thing is 'THE THANG' ! ! !

There is a huge DIVERSITY of qualities, and the gifts/abilities that accompany them. Some genetic qualities MAY bring certain talents (if nurtured, and not always).

Would it be SO far fetched to even remotely consider (just consider, not automatically accept) the possibility, however remote for you, that SOME gays just MIGHT be somehow (even if only slightly) better equipped for Non-Partnered Inner Alchemy?

And to do so without immediately jumping to your old & tired broken-record whining, such as 'homosexism' and 'homosexual agenda' ? ? ?

And would you act the same to statements such as 'gays are better with fashion/hairdressing/etc...'? (common gay stereotypes)

How about I start elaborating (in great detail) and ALL OVER THE FORUMS about my own Gay Tantric experiences, like some here do with their het stuff?

Would this be part of the 'homosexual' agenda'?

How about I start posting my Gay Wedding pictures and all the details of the ceremony, with the Butch Lesbian rabbi/priest/whatever?

Would this be part of the 'homosexual' agenda?

How about I told you that every time someone advertises their hetero wedding, telling everyone about it, shoving pics of them and their opposite gender loved one in my face - I see it as your 'Heterosexual Agenda' in full action ? ? ?

By the way, luckily for me, I'm not into weddings...

Astrologically, weddings move relationships from the 5th House of Lovers to the 7th House of Open Enemies. (Don't take my word for it - just look around...)

However, some are doomed to repeat these loops until they learn/unlearn better...

And still... All this being said... I don't blame you hets... Most (but fortunately not all) of you - cannot (and are not meant to) understand, and it's OK. Way it goes...

Therefore, I will be personally refraining from any further participation in this topic.

Good luck in understanding the deeper aspects of what is involved here.

PS: Some of my best friends are straight :)
-----------------------------------------------

MarkostheGnostic
10-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Thank you. I have loved this piece for years.

Alchemy: the Cosmological Yoga

Part 4: Tantric Alchemy

by Maurice Aniane

It is clear that human love can be expanded to higher levels by alchemical ideas about cosmic sexuality. It is also clear that desire – experienced in detachment and innocence – could help the "red man" and the "white woman" of alchemy to capture at its very source the “femininity” of matter. This union in the service of the Great Work, however, was not easy. It implied at least three requirements. The first seems to have been an uncompromising purity and an extreme spiritual sensitivity, so that pleasure “might never close up on itself,” but might awaken an ever-expanding love and become less and less individual. Such love leads from the beauty of the body to that of the soul and finally is reabsorbed in "the love of God who created beauty." Thus the unity of all the states of love" could lead from the embrace that blindly transmits death to the deathless, which, following the deep play on words of "the courts of love," awakens the sense of eternity.

The second requirement was therefore to transpose this love into cosmic love. In the end, it was no longer this man or that woman but the Sun and the Moon which were united "to give birth to God." "In this second operation," wrote Flamel to a painter who had illustrated one of his works, "you have to put together two natures, the masculine and the feminine, and you have married them; that is, they form but one single body, which is the Androgyne or Hermaphrodite of the ancients. Thus the hermaphroditic state is the aim, that is, the secret origin which impels man and woman toward one another. In order to prepare this "passage to the end" the alchemical marriage was not presented as a vague fusion, but as a meeting face to face slowly transformed by the "Art" into a union of complementaries.

The third requirement of this love, the union of complementaries, relates the steps of the alchemical work to the relation of man and woman: the "dissolving" of the negative masculine in the positive feminine, the "fixation" of the negative feminine by the positive masculine. However, it is less a question here of successive phases than of a constant interaction that brings about more and more noble "crystallizations" (distillations) of love, until the final transmutation is achieved. This interaction is the key to the "operation with two vessels," between which a vivifying and perfect circulation has to take place: these "twins" were so arranged that the product distilled from each, its "angel," might pour in order to purify it into the opaque part of the other (yin/yang). A creative exchange which also seems to have constituted one of the foundations of Provençal love: "Everything takes place," writes R. Nelli, "as if Provençal Erotica had tried to graft onto man the dominant 'quality' of woman: compassion for the body, 'mercy'; and onto woman courage and masculine virtue." (This graft, which seeks to actualize the androgyne in each partner, is wonderfully symbolized by two miniatures in a fifteenth century manuscript which Jung has reproduced in his work, Psychology and Alchemy: during the "mortification" which is a preparation for the marriage and which strikes both sexes simultaneously, the Tree of Life is seen to grow out of the belly of the man and out of the head of the woman; as if man, in order to become worthy of an authentic union, had to awaken the feminine part in himself, has to renounce the reasoning of the head in order to feel the motion of his entrails; and as a woman had to awaken her masculine part by freeing herself from the sensual and maternal despotism of her belly to take part lucidly in the vocation of man.)

Finally, it may be that alchemists knew, not only of the marriage properly so-called, but of certain erotic "techniques" similar to those of Tantrism and intended to awaken the energy of sex without allowing to be wasted in seminal emission The texts often present the Greco-Roman symbol of the naked Diana, which they liken to the Soul of the World, the vision of which is the goal of "the work in the whitening." Now we know that the Medieval "pure love," that is love without carnal union, included the contemplation of the Lady in the nude. As in Tantrism, where the "denudation of the virgin" symbolizes "purification," the garments here represented the outer appearances. This practice implied a complete sublimation: the texts predicted that the profane who dare to gaze lustfully at the "naked Diana" would share the fate of Acteon -- transformation into an animal (the Stag) which would be devoured by the dogs. So alchemy may have employed a Tantric maithuna, that is a ritual sexual union in which the sperm, in the moment of emission, is abruptly stopped and must "reascend," so that the highest concentration of life which it embodies might immediately enter into movement on the psychic plane and provoke a liberating shock to the whole psycho-spiritual being. In fact, in a Hermetico-Kabbalist text, the Asch-Mézareph, we find a hint of a procedure of this kind in the reference to the biblical symbolism of the thrust of Phinea's spear: "The lance pierces at the same time the solar Israelite and the lunar Midianite at their moment of their union and in locis genitalibus (in the genital region).” The point of force of the iron, acting on Matter, cleanses it of all its defilement. Here the Israelite is nothing other than masculine Sulfur and the Medianite should be understood as the Mercurial Water. Phineas's lance not only kills the masculine Sulfur, but also mortifies his wife; and together they are transmuted by mingling their blood in a single act of generation: it is then in fact that the miracles of Phineas begin.”

Just as alchemy has allowed the sacred character of the flesh of the world to be maintained beneath the lofty asceticism of Christianity, so Tantrism seems to have been born from a lucid systematization of the concepts which underlie the deeply poetic and chastely carnal rites and myths of Hindu daily life, but which Vedantic speculation neglected more and more in favor of an apparently discursive and discarnate expression of the mystery of unity. These common roots, this partly analogous role, explain why the attitudes of Tantrism and alchemy converge. Both take the material body as their point of departure in order to transfigure it, since it is nothing other than the spiritual body identified with its own objectification by the process of cosmogonic "desire". Thus the "diamond body" of Tantrism corresponds to the corpus glorificationis (glorified body) of Latin alchemy, and the symbol of the diamond is identical to that of the "stone," which is also a diamond. It is because the two traditions have a similar conception of Nature: alchemy is clearly a "Shaktism" that assumes, even in its final obscuration, the immanent power of the Divine Principle to save man – according to the Tantric view – through the same means that habitually cause his downfall. Finally in both cases its is the same assumption of positive sexuality, which stops on the cosmic plane in alchemy and begins in divinis for Tantrism: the opposition of Sulfur and Mercury thus appears as a relatively contingent application of the metaphysical polarization between Shiva and his Shakti.

Under these conditions, it is normal to observe the very great resemblances between the subtle "physiology" of Tantrism and that of alchemy. The multiplicity of nadis, those currents of subtle force which furrow and "animate" the organism, culminate in a duality, that of two opposed arteries called pingalâ and idâ . Idâ, whose symbolic color is a very pale white, represents a "lunar" current linked to the Shakti principle; pingalâ, a brilliant red in color, is a "solar" Shivaic current. These two nadis, which emerge from the sacral region and intertwine around the vertebral column, correspond in alchemical language to the two serpents of the caduceus, opposed to each other as are the white, lunar Mercury and the red, solar Sulfur. Just as the duality of idâ and pingalâ is resolved at the moment of spiritual realization in the unity of the central artery, the sushűmna, so the two serpents that were fighting each other, now having been struck by the staff of Hermes, entwine themselves around it, and henceforth tame, bring to the god of twofold theurgical power to "bind" and "unbind." Cosmic nature in its latent state, needing to be awakened and mastered, is symbolized, in alchemy as in Tantrism, by a serpent coiled around itself: the Ouroboros and Kundalini. Both traditions relate this Saturnic or leaden serpent with heaviness, sleep, and earth. The Hermetic visita interiora terrae (visit the interior of the earth) corresponds the descent to the mulâdhâra chakra, the subtle center that is at the root of bodily existence. Tantrism locates this chakra at the base of the spinal column, and one might suppose that an analogous localization was known to alchemy, since it, like Tantras, relates the earth force to the sexual function, and often situates the lunar center, which corresponds to the totality of the vital energies, at the base of the spinal column in the Holy Grail of the body, the sacrum.

The qualities of the idâ and pingalâ (Mercury and Sulfur) ascend through this stem (sushűmna). There they generate the colors and energies of the individual charkas. A bud of flowers on the stem later, which is a New Body, resembling the one which originally had its roots in the Earth, and from then on assuming a more subtle form." A true correspondence between the subtle centers of alchemy and those of Tantrism are clearly established in the four centers rising by steps from the sacral region to the heart. Or rather, it is only in the case of the heart that the correspondence is complete. The three lower alchemical centers represent only the Shaktic mercurial modality of the corresponding chakras, while their Shivaic sulfurous modality is found in the alchemical centers situated above the heart. For example, the mulâdhâra chakra is identified, not with a single lunar center, but with the union between the lunar center and the Saturnian center. This chakra is in fact not only related to the vital force of the Kundalini, but also to the "god of the earth" symbolized by the massiveness of the elephant, which corresponds most clearly to Saturn and the heaviness of lead.

The centers that alchemy places above the heart seem to have little to do with the traditional Tantric chakras whose localization is approximately the same (but which represent siddhas or psychic abilities). In purest Tantric terms, the alchemical realization stops at the heart. This difference is easy to understand: Tantrism is an integral (or grounded) spiritual way, the last "adaptation" of the Hindu tradition: the conquest of the heart, that is, of the center of the human being in which the supreme center is reflected, is thus in that context no more than a stage leading to the "ascent" toward higher states of being. The heart marks the moment where the man who has discovered his center is made cosmic; above, the highest charkas symbolize the supraformal "heavens," and the passage to the ultimate union with transcendent powers. Alchemy, on the contrary, is a cosmological science (coming from Above), which never claimed to be self-sufficient. It has always been subordinate to a spiritual way of union, whether one is considering the sacerdotal part of the Egyptian tradition, of Sufism, of Byzantine Hesychasm, or of the great Western "intellectualized" mystical tradition. That is why it focuses on establishing a contact in the heart with the "solar" ray of transcendence from Above and sees the dissolving of the world in its center (putrefaction) as subsequent to an equally important restoration. Although, in all fairness, it should be noted that in the most evolved forms of spiritual alchemy, there is a return to the earth at the heart level that is identical to the Tantric place of completion; it is the alchemical final conjunction, a cosmic union of the Above and the Below within created matter.

laborsolis
10-31-2011, 10:26 AM
They're not worth much to me. What is this homosexual agenda about, except some need to be homosexist (affirming the superiority of homosexual orientation, vs. heterosexist)? Homosexuality is the sine qua non for being an alchemist?! I think not. Transgenderism may suggest some form of balance to some, but one may as well insist on biological hermaphroditism as being necessary for balancing the gender opposites.

Perhaps these quotes might be of help.

The Paris 4 say:

Then, our man is gay, but this is not about a gay agenda or movement. There is nothing wrong with homosexuality, nor with heterosexuality (you may know that the Paris 4 are all heterosexual, and three of us are married). And homosexuality doesn't automatically provide the perfect balance of the microcosmic male and female (so gay's aren't better people, because our man is gay), but heterosexuality can't (provide that balance). That much is true. That balance is needed for the hieros gamos, the alchemical wedding. Without that balance, which, again, only a few homosexuals posess, a safe conduct of the kundalini fire is impossible.

In a response article to the Letters these quotes are given:

'The idea of hermaphroditism has been invoked to explain homosexuality..'[Lesley Hall]

'The rise of the modern homosexual identity coincides with the death of the “true" hermaphrodite.'[M. Vicinus]

'In at least the monistic tradition the same religious claim is made for homosexuality, as is made for androgyny.'[Jones/emphasis added]

'To further complicate matters, the definitions of androgynous, bisexual, hermaphrodite and homosexual all overlap in many dictionaries and reference books. For instance, the first definition of bisexual in Webster's Collegiate Dictionary is "hermaphrodite", not someone of either sex who's attracted to both. Yet the same dictionary defines the actual word hermaphrodite as:

1. . . . b. homosexual.

2. something that is a combination of diverse elements.'[Excerpt from 'Bi any other name: bisexual people speak out' - Alyson Publications, 1991, co-edited by Loraine Hutchins & Lani Kaahumanu]

'The inversion of the (male-female) roles is probably the chief psychological source for the alchemical concept of the hermaphrodite. In a man it's the anima, in a woman it's the animus.'[Jung, MC, par. 225/emphasis added]

And Jung says:

'In view of the recognized frequency of this phenomenon [of homosexuality], its interpretation as a pathological perversion is very dubious. The psychological findings show that it is rather a matter of incomplete detachment from the hermaphroditic archetype, coupled with a distinct resistance to identify with the role of a one-sided sexual being. Such a disposition should not be adjudged negative in all circumstances, in so far as it preserves the archetype of the Original Man, which a one-sided sexual being has, up to a point, lost.' [Carl Jung "Concerning the Archetypes and the Anima Concept," CW 9i, par. 146.]

Then there is this quote from one of the response-articles:

"If the Letters are correct, then the outer, macrocosmic marriage (our 'heterosexual' marriage in the flesh) is only there to produce the Trees of Life (spine and brain) of certain homosexuals at the End of Time who are capable of performing the inner, microcosmic marriage due to their unique balance of the microcosmic male and female. The outer marriage is in the New Testament allegory then for that inner marriage." Magnus Strom

Macrocosmic sex produces humans and Trees of Life (spines and brain). Microcosmic sex (the inner male and female) 'Sons of God'. There is no connection between macrocosmic and microcosmic sex, no matter what the West and modern Tantra suggest.

MarkostheGnostic
10-31-2011, 11:16 AM
I've been engaged in a spiritual marriage with my Soror Mystica for 15 years. We are finally marrying legally, with a notary public (a friend) and two witnesses (white female and black male, unrelated to one another). We are a white male and a black female. Typologically, I am a Moonchild, with an inner anima, she is a solar Leo, with an inner animus. In any relationship, there are 4 beings present according to Jung - there are both of our outer and inner personae, interacting: outer with outer, outer with one's own inner, outer with the other's inner, inner with inner, inner with one's own outer, inner with the other's outer.

We will toast, on 11/11/11, @ 11:11 am (if all goes smoothly) with two Forevermore® goblets of Red and White wine, which we we sip and exchange, while standing beneath the symbol of Sun & Moon in Conjunction (illustrated in an earlier post). I expect a 'consummation conjunctio' @ 2:22 pm, and again @ 11:11 pm. Whereas these small rituals do not create the alchemical marriage, a hierosgamos, they are intended to symbolize, manifest to visible appearance, and hopefully to constellate synchronicity.

http://i42.tinypic.com/23tmtq8.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/2qj90r8.jpg

laborsolis
10-31-2011, 01:38 PM
We are a white male and a black female. Typologically, I am a Moonchild, with an inner anima, she is a solar Leo, with an inner animus. In any relationship, there are 4 beings present according to Jung - there are both of our outer and inner personae, interacting: outer with outer, outer with one's own inner, outer with the other's inner, inner with inner, inner with one's own outer, inner with the other's outer.

http://i42.tinypic.com/23tmtq8.jpg http://i40.tinypic.com/2qj90r8.jpg

I don't think one needs two persons for an alchemical wedding.

'It has escaped most people that the Divine Sex leading to the Alchemical Wedding is sex between the inner male and female, and that it has, therefore, nothing to do with heterosexual sex. In the words of Otto Reich: 'male and female belong together. But not in bed.' [Günter Preis on the Forbidden Letters]

But congratulations anyhow of course!

MarkostheGnostic
11-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm sure you're correct, but the STATE requires two witnesses, and they just sort of created another black-white (Yin-Yang) gestalt!

Thanks for the congrats! :D

III
11-01-2011, 03:42 AM
I'm sure you're correct, but the STATE requires two witnesses, and they just sort of created another black-white (Yin-Yang) gestalt!

Thanks for the congrats! :D

Hi Markosthegnostic,

BE IN LOVE. Be sure to render unto Ceasar etc to keep out of trouble.

Just to clarify, there is the alchemical marriage which happens within individuals. Then there is the Alchemical Union between two people, typically symbolized as Shiva and Shakti in union which is a whole other matter. May you find what you seek.

solomon levi
11-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Well, the marriage of Shiva and Shakti also represents the kundalini in
the base chakra rising to the crown.
Personally, I see the alchemical marriage as happening within oneself -
conscious/solar to subconscious/lunar, and/or union with the Holy Guardian
Angel. Humans would, of course, endeavor to mimick this - that is good.
But it isn't about humans, two persons. The true soul mate is the rest of yourself
which we forgot when we became so focussed on the information, forgetting
the exformation.
I mean to take nothing away from the love for another human being. Like i said,
we should endeavor to emulate spirit. What I'm saying is, I know from experience
that it doesn't take two microcosms; the marriage is not two microcosms, but the
microcosm to the macrocosm. :)

III
11-03-2011, 05:54 AM
But it isn't about humans, two persons. The true soul mate is the rest of yourself
the exformation.
we should endeavor to emulate spirit. What I'm saying is, I know from experience
that it doesn't take two microcosms; the marriage is not two microcosms, but the

Hi Solomon,

http://ways-ahead.net/meditation/041-Brahma%20is%20the%20composite%20of%20Shiva%20and%2 0Shakti.pdf
Brahma is the composite of Shiva and Shakti.

This is the basic concept of A'nanda Ma'rga philosophy -- that the Supreme Entity is One but has two aspects: the Cognitive Principle and the Operative Principle, Shiva and Shakti. It is impossible to conceive of one entity without the other; Consciousness and Its Energy of creation are as inseparable as fire and its heat, as milk and its whiteness, as two sides of a piece of paper.

There are also a variety of alchemical interpretations of Shiva and Shakti in Union. That works around this combination of Shiva-Shakti being Brahma. In at least some interpretations,"Brahma" is sort of the template that the combined energies of Shiva and Shakti are projected through to make the manifest world. The above paper kind of gets at that in speaking of manifest and and non-manifest and so on. So when two become the two parts making the unfied form, Brahma, they form the creation template of their combined "world". It takes a lot of years and WORK to build up to this specific practice.

laborsolis
11-03-2011, 09:35 AM
the exformation.

Quite. And well formulated.