PDA

View Full Version : What might this stone be?

peethagoras
12-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi, newbee on this 6th day of the tenth month in the year 2011.

Hope its alright to post qestions here.

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing as "The Sacred Stone"?

I am researching into John Dee, and the term came up.

Any ideas would be welcome.

thank you

Nibiru
12-11-2011, 03:09 AM
Hi, newbee on this 6th day of the tenth month in the year 2011.

What is this date referring to?

In what context does he use the term "sacred stone"? Is it referring to the product of an alchemical process, or something else?

peethagoras
12-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Sorry for being a smart-ars

Meant to write 6 12 2011, the first day of my joining in here.

The Sacred Stone is most certainly connected with alchemie. I was hoping someone might have come across the name in their studies,

It has something to do with urine, sweet tasting, but I am not brave enough to test the theory out. It seems that urine is very important in the mixture. But exactly what is the result, I cannot say.

Thanks for the reply.

Illen A. Cluf
12-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Has anyone ever heard of such a thing as "The Sacred Stone"?

I am researching into John Dee, and the term came up.

Any ideas would be welcome.

thank you

An old Greek glossary of alchemical terms states: "Sacred Stone means the chrysolite".

Nobody is clear as to what the "chrysolite" actually was, although it was most often described as a precious gem that was translucent and had a golden yellow shine that varied throughout the day and/or night. Some say it was polished coral, others jasper or more likely, golden yellow peridot (magnesium iron silicate).

Hope that helps.

IAC

peethagoras
12-12-2011, 02:04 AM
An old Greek glossary of alchemical terms states: "Sacred Stone means the chrysolite".

Nobody is clear as to what the "chrysolite" actually was, although it was most often described as a precious gem that was translucent and had a golden yellow shine that varied throughout the day and/or night. Some say it was polished coral, others jasper or more likely, golden yellow peridot (magnesium iron silicate).

Hope that helps.

IAC

Yes indeed, thank you for that