PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on these symbols?

peethagoras
12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Any thoughts re the symbols shown here? I suspect a very great secret treasure will be found via the symbols.
From left to right:

An angel boy-cherub (I think that's what its called) a conie (16th/17th c name for rabbit) a dog brething a tongue of fire, little boy's head with seven serpents as a crown, and three standing fishes.

The winged boy is aiding the germination of two flowers.

The whole thing is mirrored so its reasonably symmetrical.

Illen A. Cluf
12-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Any thoughts re the symbols shown here? I suspect a very great secret treasure will be found via the symbols.
From left to right:

An angel boy-cherub (I think that's what its called) a conie (16th/17th c name for rabbit) a dog brething a tongue of fire, little boy's head with seven serpents as a crown, and three standing fishes.

The winged boy is aiding the germination of two flowers.

The whole thing is mirrored so its reasonably symmetrical.

What is the context? Where does this picture come from?

peethagoras
12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi, nice to talk.

knowing the source might influence imagination. I have been studying this a nd related images for a long time, and am convinced that they hold the keys to a vast amount of info. After readin many texts, it came to me that possible sub-texts hinted at related images and symbols.

If you really need to know the source, you might easily work it out via my next post. It involves John Dee's scrying Glass and a vert famous, but enigmatic face.

thanks fo looking.

Illen A. Cluf
12-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi, nice to talk.

knowing the source might influence imagination.

If you really need to know the source, you might easily work it out via my next post. It involves John Dee's scrying Glass and a vert famous, but enigmatic face.

thanks fo looking.

If you have studied symbolic images for any length of time, you will quickly discover that symbolism is not standard. Any one image could represent dozens of completely different concepts, ranging through a number of different esoteric traditions. Thus images accompanied with text, are often used to specifically represent the hidden concepts in the text that the author is trying to convey. Thus, having the context helps narrow the extremely broad focus that these images can represent. Having said that, in some alchemical traditions, the rabbit could represent the quicksilver concept, although rabbits are rarely used in alchemical symbolism. You are much more likely to find dragons, lions, birds, snakes, foxes, dogs, donkeys, salamanders, etc. Although Dee was associated with alchemy, he did not seem to practice traditional forms of alchemy. He was more focused on magical forms of esotericism.