PDA

View Full Version : My Partial Departure

Seth-Ra
12-18-2011, 07:06 AM
To all my friends and acquaintances here at AF, I have news regarding myself and my future postings here.
As of Thursday, Dec. 15, 2011, I became a sworn in Dog of the Military (US Army - like my father before me... bit of "samurai pride" in that). :cool:
I leave for BCT (Basic Combat Training) on May 29th, 2012 - a day after my 21st birthday (irony :p).

While I do have some time before I go - there is a LOT I have to learn, and a lot of physical training I have to begin working on (already started). My MOS ("job") is currently going to be a 91M - which is a tank mechanic on the BRADLEY series of tanks. Not what I wanted - but I didnt have a lot of options. I will be working my ass off to have PT scores allowing me to go both Ranger and Special Forces, and hopefully I can get a transfer to infantry (which is what I wanted... and they didnt have it! O_o).

I will continue to check in and post as im able, and inclined - and any who wish to get in touch with me and shoot the shit, or discuss the Arcane, are free to do so via PM and/or email - i'll be notified either way and will respond. :)

In the spirit of my semi-departure, I will leave yall with these lyrics of a song i love, its called "Rise" and was used as an intro to the show "Ghost in the Shell" (fitting name ;) ), the full version of the song has this quote in it, and its my favorite.

Im a soldier born to stand, here in this waking hell I am, witnessing more than i can compute. Pray myself, we dont forget; lies, betrayed and the oppressed - please give me the strength to be the Truth. People facing the fire together, if we dont we'll lose all we have found.
Save your tears for the day, when our pain is far behind. On your feet, come with me, we are soldiers - stand or die. Save your fears, take your place, save them for the judgement day. Fast and free, follow me, time to make the sacrifice - we rise or fall.

While I believe that our (US) government is pretty much shit due to corruption and politicians - I still believe in the men and women of our military - who serve out of love for their families and friends, as i do also. I believe in the people, and the heart and strength of the loved one's of said people, that defends them. We all just do what we can, and hope it makes a better tomorrow - for the matter in our labs, for the soul within ourselves, and for our world as a whole. The whole of Alchemy, is that of Life, from its conception, maturation, death, and rebirth - unto needed/desired perfection. So to is it so for the Way of the Warrior - acceptance of the flow from life to death and rebirth - living Life in every breath.
(IMO)

So my friends, my co-arcanists, if i am quiet, you'll know where im at, if im not around for long periods - you'll know why. But rest assured, ive not left for good - and I shall return. :D

~Jessie / Seth-Ra

alchemicalturtoise
12-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Jessie, even though i just joined AF recently and we aren't really acquainted - i wanted to wish you all the best in your future career! Most of the men in my family were warriors/soldiers too and where i come from that vocation is considered a honorable and noble duty. I hope you'll still have some spare time to continue your studies.
All the best to you!
at

Awani
12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
See you at a later date then, and stay away from bullets (and bullshit ;)).

If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles... if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle. - Sun Tzu

:cool:

Ghislain
12-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Good Luck Jessie

How long did you sign up for?

In the UK you sign for multiples of 3yrs, is it the same there?

Gonna miss your posts...

Be Safe.

Ghislain

lifetime seeker
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Seth-Ra,

We have not learned to know each other but I know you are a Man of Honour and Courage, by your words.
I look forward to your future posts though it may be awhile... understandibly.
May the Angels of protection ride your shoulder and see, that, you and your Brothers and Sisters, may travel safely come home in due time.

God Bless

Seth-Ra
12-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Thank you all for your kind regards and well wishes, im quite excited and am looking forward to whats to come. :)

See you at a later date then, and stay away from bullets (and bullshit ;)).

:cool:

Nice Art of War quote - tis one of my favorites. Not to worry either, like Fr. Chains said, in the book The Lies of Locklamora;

Think of me as your mother, in that I'm bullshit proof. ;)
While i do wanna dodge the bullets, i dont wanna get to far away either - trying to get into the action, after all. :cool:

Good Luck Jessie

How long did you sign up for?

In the UK you sign for multiples of 3yrs, is it the same there?

Gonna miss your posts...

Be Safe.

Ghislain

Its different depending on the MOS thats chosen (for instance, a cousin of mine has an active duty 6 year long contract). I technically have 8 years of total reserve time - but my "active duty contract" as a 91M is for 3 years and 25 weeks. Im not sure if that will be renegotiated if i get a transfer to a different MOS - but if its what i want, then i dont really care. I also dont look at the "3 years and 25 week" timeline as right either - since i'll just re-enlist anyway, but if ive not gotten the MOS i want by then, it'll give me a way to get it via re-enlistment, so it all works out one way or another. :)

~Jessie / Seth-Ra

Andro
12-26-2011, 03:06 PM
The following statement is attributed to Henry Kissinger (http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=iw&client=firefox-a&hs=5Ps&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=henry+kissinger+Military+men+are+dumb%2C+stupid+ animals+to+be+used+as+pawns+for+foreign+policy&btnG=%D7%97%D7%99%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%A9&oq=henry+kissinger+Military+men+are+dumb%2C+stupid +animals+to+be+used+as+pawns+for+foreign+policy&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=7261l19892l0l21434l7l7l1l5l6l0l936l936l6-1l1l0):

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy"

Just passing it on for general consideration...

(Don't eat the messenger :))

Andro
12-26-2011, 03:18 PM
On the other hand - I myself have spent a period of my life in the military.

Knowing what I know today, I would certainly not have done it, BUT, in retrospective, it was a very valuable experience for me.

Not valuable in the sense that I 'served my country' or any other such ideological manipulations, but valuable in the sense that I gained powerful initiatory experiences for myself, teaching me a lot about self-reliance and also about personal responsibility for my actions, as well as being responsible for other people (during the time I 'served' as an acting commanding officer).

I did a lot of growing up during that time, and in the aftermath, I value this time as a time of PERSONAL evolution, in NO way related to any kind of 'patriotic' (read political/financial agenda) brainwashing.

In short:

I don't regret 'doing this time', but I most certainly wouldn't do it again :)

horticult
12-26-2011, 04:23 PM
The following statement is

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy"

attributed to Henry Kissinger[/URL]:

right

& the next post little dtto, but it is not worth; there are much better ways

Seth-Ra
12-26-2011, 09:20 PM
The following statement is attributed to Henry Kissinger (http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=iw&client=firefox-a&hs=5Ps&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=henry+kissinger+Military+men+are+dumb%2C+stupid+ animals+to+be+used+as+pawns+for+foreign+policy&btnG=%D7%97%D7%99%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%A9&oq=henry+kissinger+Military+men+are+dumb%2C+stupid +animals+to+be+used+as+pawns+for+foreign+policy&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=7261l19892l0l21434l7l7l1l5l6l0l936l936l6-1l1l0):

Well, that could be said about anyone who lives in a country; from the one's who wanna get in the middle of things, to those who rather do nothing but set on the sidelines and continue to bitch about things. (foreign policy or anything else ;) )

lol and no worries messenger. ;)

On the other hand - I myself have spent a period of my life in the military.

Knowing what I know today, I would certainly not have done it, BUT, in retrospective, it was a very valuable experience for me.

Not valuable in the sense that I 'served my country' or any other such ideological manipulations, but valuable in the sense that I gained powerful initiatory experiences for myself, teaching me a lot about self-reliance and also about personal responsibility for my actions, as well as being responsible for other people (during the time I 'served' as an acting commanding officer).

I did a lot of growing up during that time, and in the aftermath, I value this time as a time of PERSONAL evolution, in NO way related to any kind of 'patriotic' (read political/financial agenda) brainwashing.

In short:

I don't regret 'doing this time', but I most certainly wouldn't do it again :)

Well, for me it is all personal - im not under delusions of patriotic blah blah. The branch i chose has its meanings - symbolic, personal, alchemical even. I do see it as a time for me to grow - but more than just that in and of itself. Its part of life - somethings suck, others are great, and it all can happen in the same place, with the same people.

So the question is thus: How will you choose to see the world? ;)
(its rhetorical - but anyone is free to answer if they wish. :) )

right

& the next post little dtto, but it is not worth; there are much better ways

Not so - because no path/way can be better, than the one set before me, made for my feet to tread it. It is not a chemical recipe - it is an alchemical journey, all the life, all the death, all the rebirthing and other craziness that comes up along the way. The Stone is everywhere to be had - and im seizing it and living it in my own way according to my heart's desire/need. For this warrior, this is the ONLY way. :cool:

:)

~Seth-Ra

Andro
12-26-2011, 09:28 PM
No path/way can be better, than the one set before me, made for my feet to tread it. It is not a chemical recipe - it is an alchemical journey, all the life, all the death, all the re-birthing and other craziness that comes up along the way. The Stone is everywhere to be had - and I'm seizing it and living it in my own way according to my heart's desire/need. For this warrior, this is the ONLY way. :cool:

Yeah ! ! !

(cheering :))

Great wisdom in these words. To each their own path.

I pity those who cannot understand/embrace Individuality and DIVERSITY.

Jesse, you have my best and warmest wishes on your Warrior Path, the ONLY one for you.

rogerc
12-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I spent 6 years in the Navy ...... i think the military is good for young people...they learn valuable skills that gives them a leg up on civilians when they enter the workforce in terms of work ethics and they seem to advance quicker in terms of pay scale and promotions not to mention valuable money for college...... and specialized (sometimes classified) training while in the military you can't get anywhere else......for instance the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Engineering program I completed is second only to M.I.T.'s and who can afford to go to MIT.

solomon levi
12-26-2011, 11:38 PM
Hey Seth. Safe journey. Drop in often. :)

Seth-Ra
12-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah ! ! !

(cheering :))

Great wisdom in these words. To each their own path.

I pity those who cannot understand/embrace Individuality and DIVERSITY.

Jesse, you have my best and warmest wishes on your Warrior Path, the ONLY one for you.

Thank you my friend. :)

I spent 6 years in the Navy ...... i think the military is good for young people...they learn valuable skills that gives them a leg up on civilians when they enter the workforce in terms of work ethics and they seem to advance quicker in terms of pay scale and promotions not to mention valuable money for college...... and specialized (sometimes classified) training while in the military you can't get anywhere else......for instance the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Engineering program I completed is second only to M.I.T.'s and who can afford to go to MIT.

Yeah, the training and opportunities provided are pretty awesome. I may be interested in Special Forces, Rangers, sniping (doubt i can due to glasses) and the like, for now - but any technical or medical MOS i pick up along the way, will always be useful to me somewhere else. (so im not bitching about being saddled with a "tank mechanic" right off the bat - i hear it can be bad-ass if you do the right things. ;) )
Just have to want it.

Hey Seth. Safe journey. Drop in often. :)

Thanks SL, im able to for a few more months - then poof for a while, not sure how long really. Even if i have "free time" - i may have more pressing things to attend during that time, but i will stop by as im able to. :) I shall not disappear, unless i ascend, in which case, "See ya on the other side Ray..." (Ghostbusters quote. :cool:)

~Jessie / Seth-Ra

III
12-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Thank you my friend. :)

Yeah, the training and opportunities provided are pretty awesome. I may be interested in Special Forces, Rangers, sniping (doubt i can due to glasses) and the like, for now - but any technical or medical MOS i pick up along the way, will always be useful to me somewhere else. (so im not bitching about being saddled with a "tank mechanic" right off the bat - i hear it can be bad-ass if you do the right things. ;) )
Just have to want it.

Thanks SL, im able to for a few more months - then poof for a while, not sure how long really. Even if i have "free time" - i may have more pressing things to attend during that time, but i will stop by as im able to. :) I shall not disappear, unless i ascend, in which case, "See ya on the other side Ray..." (Ghostbusters quote. :cool:)

~Jessie / Seth-Ra

Hi Jessie,

In the WAY of Ordinary Life everything can be used for learning. Pay arttention, learn much from the best folks around you and as always be careful but don't be ruled by fear. See you around when you can drop in and say hi. When all hell is breaking loose around you and something strange happens, remember to evaluate it later.

You have taken on a difficult challange. Do it well. Stay conscious and use it for growth.

annabelle_lee
01-26-2012, 05:01 PM
I've only been a part of the forum for about 48 hours, but it has provided lots of thought provoking reading while deployed. Some of which were your posts! I'm an NCO in the Army, been in for 3 years, 4 months, 2 days - but who's counting? *chuckle*

If you want I'll do you a solid and set you up for BCT, and dispel all the lies that your recruiter told you. Seriously, private message me all the fun things you've been told, what you're anticipating and what you need to do to kick some ass. We'll talk.

Nibiru
02-12-2012, 02:37 AM
Hello, Seth-Ra :)

I see you will be leaving next month, take care of yourself!! I hope you're still allowed internet access while deployed, otherwise your contribution to the forum will be greatly missed..

Salazius
02-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Live what you have to live.

Everything influence on everything.

Take care of yourself. :)

Seth-Ra
02-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Jessie,

In the WAY of Ordinary Life everything can be used for learning. Pay arttention, learn much from the best folks around you and as always be careful but don't be ruled by fear. See you around when you can drop in and say hi. When all hell is breaking loose around you and something strange happens, remember to evaluate it later.

You have taken on a difficult challange. Do it well. Stay conscious and use it for growth.

That is the plan - and i do expect to see some "weird" stuff happen when all hell is breaking lose. Where my feet tread, the magick follows - where my path leads me, God is there also. :)

Hello, Seth-Ra :)

I see you will be leaving next month, take care of yourself!! I hope you're still allowed internet access while deployed, otherwise your contribution to the forum will be greatly missed..

Well its currently February here, so i still have a couple months. :)
I feel the click ticking down though, the sand running out... gets me hella excited. :D
I will not be able to post for a few months when i leave, but i may get to a little during AIT - but i'll post before i leave, and when i get back, so no worries. :)

Live what you have to live.

Everything influence on everything.

Take care of yourself. :)

So true my friend, so true. :)
lol You know ima take care of myself, and any friends i make along the way. :cool:

All the warm wishes are welcomed and appreciated. I have one final lab project in the works - that im hoping to finish before i leave, at which point i'll reveal it with everyone, think of it is my going away gift to you all. :)
Until then, i'll try to participate as much as i am able (physically, and that the Spirit allows), so as to be of assistance before i vanish for a time. :)

~Seth-Ra

Nibiru
02-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Well its currently February here, so i still have a couple months. :)

Lol!! It's currently February here as well, I haven't completely lost it yet :) I had misread your original post and thought you were leaving in March rather than May. I'm looking forward to hearing the details about your final project once you've finished.

Seth-Ra
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
rofl XD well im glad to hear you've not lost it yet. :D lol no worries. :)

Shouldnt take me much longer to have the project done. I spend the week doing Future Soldier training, after i set the conditions in my lab, and then work with it at night as i wind down, and typically on the weekends non-stop while i let my body rest. May have it up this week IF conditions work to my favor and the Life heeds desire. :)

~Seth-Ra

Seth-Ra
05-19-2012, 05:26 AM
I wanted to give everyone a running update here:

It is Saturday, May 19th, 2012. I have a week from Monday before i leave - but after that next Sunday, i wont be responsive (for atleast 2 months or so). So if anyone wishes to contact me, PM me, ect - speak now (within this next week), or hold your peace for a pretty decent while. lol

As for myself, im pretty excited, though it also feels... weird. (a feeling im use to by now. lol)
Looking forward to both the journey and the end result, while enjoying this moment for all its worth, with both family, friends, and personal recreation. (including continuously tinkering with my Stone.)

Anyway, just wanted to let any who are interested, know that the time is not far off. I look forward to my last few conversations with you all, in private and in public - as im sure i will miss such discussions among my new brethren. (But ya never know, as we all come in different varieties. ;) )

~Seth-Ra / Jessie

MarkostheGnostic
05-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Stay vigilant! Be safe!
Best regards,
MtG

zoas23
05-19-2012, 05:59 AM
I am quite unable to understand why you have chosen to take this strange journey that you are about to take, but then again, I may be sounding like my own grandmother. :P

Take care there.
I'll be sending to your e-mail photos of the exhibition probably way before you are able to see them... but sooner or later you'll see them.

What else? Thanks for the different ways in which you shared your knowledge, your point of view.

So, my favorite "in-the-closet-Gnostic" :p , I wish you good luck.

Seth-Ra
05-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Stay vigilant! Be safe!
Best regards,
MtG

Thanks MtG, i most assuredly will. :)

I am quite unable to understand why you have chosen to take this strange journey that you are about to take, but then again, I may be sounding like my own grandmother. :P

Lol, there are a lot of reasons why - but suffice the short answer to be, its the road in front of me. Im sure down the line the road will change to a degree, but come hell or high-water, i will walk it, even if it throws this sort of "terrain" at me. ;)

Take care there.
I'll be sending to your e-mail photos of the exhibition probably way before you are able to see them... but sooner or later you'll see them.

Thats true, i will see them at some point - and i look forward to it. :D

What else? Thanks for the different ways in which you shared your knowledge, your point of view.

It has been my pleasure to share with all of you, even if my methodology may come across as rather... insane. lol :cool:

So, my favorite "in-the-closet-Gnostic" :p , I wish you good luck.

ROFL! You all make me laugh about that. XD If yall say im a gnostic, than sure, im a gnostic. ;) I dont adorn the title on myself, but i cant refuse the "awarding" of it. lol So i wouldnt say "in the closet" about it, since i own it - because yall give it to me. ;)
Regardless of what ya call me though, im me - and i sincerely thank you, all of you, for your words/spells/vibes/prayers of good luck, and blessings. :)

~Seth-Ra / Jessie

Awani
05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
God Speed Gnostic Warrior!

Andro
05-19-2012, 02:38 PM

Same here!

Despite your 'young' years, you have IMO shown wisdom (and diplomacy :)) rivaling people sometimes twice your age or more.

I make absolutely no judgement on your path, the one laid before you, the one you must take. Who the fuck is any person to judge another, anyway :)

I only wish you the very best!

Are you going to boot-camp first? Will you get some military combat training, rifles/guns and such?

I went through this myself (active military 'service'), and although I certainly wouldn't do it today knowing what I know now - I don't have any regrets. I wouldn't be where I am today without it :)

I found your SM related PM recently, and I'll do my best to answer it within a week.

With friendship,

A.

Seth-Ra
05-19-2012, 03:11 PM

*martial art bow* thank you. :)

Same here!

Despite your 'young' years, you have IMO shown wisdom (and diplomacy :)) rivaling people sometimes twice your age or more.

Thank you Androgynus - i always did feel like i belonged with the older peers, as the younger ones never understood what i was saying. lol ;)

I make absolutely no judgement on your path, the one laid before you, the one you must take. Who the fuck is any person to judge another, anyway :)

I only wish you the very best!

So true, and thank you! :D

Are you going to boot-camp first? Will you get some military combat training, rifles/guns and such?

Yep, thats where i go first for the 2 months and a week. We call it Basic Training, but its essentially boot-camp, with weapons and physical training (which i'll enjoy for the most part), and some other BS stuff designed to "instill discipline". lol After that, i go to AIT (Advanced Individual Training), which for me will consist of learning how to do my tank-mechanic job. During AIT i should have internet at some points (like maybe at night or on the weekends or something... should have my iPhone at the very least, so i should be able to be responsive at that time, even if i cant play World of Warcraft or Diablo 3 :p ).

I went through this myself (active military 'service'), and although I certainly wouldn't do it today knowing what I know now - I don't have any regrets. I wouldn't be where I am today without it :)

If it wasnt what was laid out before me to do - i wouldnt do it either. I have no grandiose ideas about it or the country/government of the US, but what the hell, it is what it is, and why turn down an opportunity of experience? ;)

I found your SM related PM recently, and I'll do my best to answer it within a week.

With friendship,

A.

Lol, i was wondering if you had gotten that. I look forward to your reply. :)

returning the friendship,

~Seth-Ra / Jessie

D.Trout
05-19-2012, 05:09 PM
In the short time that I've been here, I have repeatedly been inspired by the insight and practical knowledge your posts provide.

Thank you for that. I will miss it during your absense.

Stay safe, Seth-Ra...

-D

solomon levi
05-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Take care Seth-Ra.
It'd be cool if you can keep your sword on you.
Tell 'em it's a potato peeler. :)

Seth-Ra
05-19-2012, 07:02 PM
In the short time that I've been here, I have repeatedly been inspired by the insight and practical knowledge your posts provide.

Thank you for that. I will miss it during your absense.

Stay safe, Seth-Ra...

-D

Glad you've enjoyed them thus far - when i return, i hope to have more. :)

Take care Seth-Ra.
It'd be cool if you can keep your sword on you.
Tell 'em it's a potato peeler. :)

Lol! That would be epic. *he says while lovingly petting his sword*
Im actually pretty comfortable with any weapon i have on me, so an M16 and a combat knife will suit me fine. If i do get deployed over seas somewhere, id definitely want my sword though, atleast to do some practice in my "down-time". I may just have to settle for a stick. lol
I like to think of myself as a bit of an Arcane-Monk, so anything works, even no thing. :cool:

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
05-20-2012, 03:32 AM
:) Yeah. Beat 'em with a flute like Kung Fu.
Or a rolled up magazine like Jason Bourne. :)

Ghislain
05-20-2012, 07:03 AM
I'll wish you Bon Voyage Seth,
Youíll stand with all the rest
May you in pride and honour find
A courage thatís the best

I donít know where youíll travel
I guess it may be far
But I wonít be saying goodbye
Letís just say au revoir

When you return in body
Or spirit or just in soul
Just keep in mind the reasons was
To reach your distant goal

So with that said
Be safe my friend
And keep a large good heart
But remember when youíre eating that
Beans will make you fart.

Never could finish a poem :)

Be lucky mate.

http://jhelbert.webs.com/military.gif

Ghislain

Seth-Ra
05-20-2012, 07:59 AM
:) Yeah. Beat 'em with a flute like Kung Fu.
Or a rolled up magazine like Jason Bourne. :)

Nothing says "pro" like a paper-cut to the throat, and then playing them a fair-well song on the flute. ;)

I'll wish you Bon Voyage Seth,
You’ll stand with all the rest
May you in pride and honour find
A courage that’s the best

I don’t know where you’ll travel
I guess it may be far
But I won’t be saying goodbye
Let’s just say au revoir

When you return in body
Or spirit or just in soul
Just keep in mind the reasons was
To reach your distant goal

So with that said
Be safe my friend
And keep a large good heart
But remember when you’re eating that
Beans will make you fart.

Never could finish a poem :)

Be lucky mate.

http://jhelbert.webs.com/military.gif

Ghislain

Lol very nice Ghislain, youre a poet and dont know it - or maybe you do, me too. ;)

~Seth-Ra

Nibiru
05-24-2012, 06:48 PM
It sucks for us here to loose your insights for a while, but I'm sure you'll gain plenty of life-experience and wisdom through the journey you've chosen to undertake. Make the most of it, and try to keep us updated when you're able.. Take care of yourself and those around you, I wish you the best my friend!!!

-Peace,
Nibiru

Seth-Ra
05-24-2012, 08:04 PM
It sucks for us here to loose your insights for a while, but I'm sure you'll gain plenty of life-experience and wisdom through the journey you've chosen to undertake. Make the most of it, and try to keep us updated when you're able.. Take care of yourself and those around you, I wish you the best my friend!!!

-Peace,
Nibiru

I will certainly make the most of it, and will keep in touch when im able (after the initial 2.5 months). :)
Thank you, my friend, its appreciated. :)

Its beginning to sink in a bit... only 4 more days... O_o o_O :D

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
05-25-2012, 01:34 AM
We will see you protected brother. :)

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVx4sP1EHVX5P6sA5dM15vcogYjfrj1 BZB_HQMz5bOzi4YBxsZ

Seth-Ra
05-28-2012, 06:36 AM
Thank you SL, I know i am well looked after, by all my brethren, down here, up there, and all in between. ;)
Where'd you find that picture of me anyway? :cool:
(lol i jest ;) )

This will be my final post for a few months - in a few hours i meet my recruiters and take off for one hell of an interesting journey. lol

I have enjoyed the years ive spent here with all of you, and i look forward to more of them down the road. Until then, all of you remember; be content with where you are, cause its where you should be, but always strive to move forward. All things are nothing, and as such, they hold their polarities - any change that occurs, embrace its good, and endure its bad, you'll be glad for it all in the end. Practice the Art safely, i hope to return with everyone doing well. :)

See you all on the other side , of either my graduation, or the grave, as we are not guaranteed tomorrow - but we are guaranteed right now, cause thats what we have, so make the most of it. :)

Your friend and brother in the Art,
~Seth-Ra / Jessie

Seth-Ra
08-10-2012, 03:44 AM
I have my phone back at the moment, hope to have my computer within the next couple weeks - I just finished Basic. It has been quite interesting, on soooo many levels. I've also met and made some great friends, 2 of which are on similar wave-lengths as me/us (alchemy, occult science, magick etc.) and my platoon in basic, and the roster numbers I always got, the very colors for my bay/platoon (black, white and red)... So many little synchronsisities - it was obviously the right path (for me). :cool:

I will begin to slowly catch back up to all I've missed, I came back with over 105 emails, and a lot more posts on multiple places (forums, FB, etc) to go over, plus just getting caught back up on world events... Gonna be a busy weekend...
Anyway, I'm mostly back now, so feel free to resume PMs and the like, should anyone wish to. :)

~Seth-Ra

Ghislain
08-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Seth

Your a sight for sore eyes...how long has it been?

Good to hear that everything went well for you.

I hope you taught them well ;)

When you say "back now" do you mean home or back in communication?

Here in Blighty when we finish basic we go on to what we call trade training...is that the same for you?

I don't envy all the catching up you've got...thats a lot of reading.

Nice to have you back.

Ghislain

Seth-Ra
08-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi Seth

Your a sight for sore eyes...how long has it been?

Good to hear that everything went well for you.

I hope you taught them well ;)

When you say "back now" do you mean home or back in communication?

Here in Blighty when we finish basic we go on to what we call trade training...is that the same for you?

I don't envy all the catching up you've got...thats a lot of reading.

Nice to have you back.

Ghislain

Heya Ghislain,

It's been about 2 months, maybe a little over that - probably closer to 3. Lol

By "back" I mean in communication. I won't get to go home for another 14 or more weeks. ;)
Yeah, after Basic we go to what we call "AIT", which is "Advanced Individual Training", our trade/skill/"job" in service.

I don't envy all the reading I gotta do either. O_o o_O lol

Tis good to be back though. :)

~Seth-Ra