PDA

View Full Version : Laughter

Awani
12-19-2011, 04:00 AM
Even though I want to strangle racists, fascists and the like we all know that any form of violence always leads to revenge... so the circle is not broken therefore I propose that the best thing to do is laughter.

Laugh at them, loudly straight into their faces; it is the best cure for the dominator culture (fascist police, patriarchy, corrupt politicians, racists/nazis, fundamentalists, monarchs, terrorists, hooligans).

Even if they beat you, arrest you, just laugh at them. There is nothing to fear. With fear they win. If we need more police, CCTVs and laws to save us from terrorists or violent criminals they win. If we worry that racists are in the government why worry? WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD RACISTS IN THE GOVERNMENT (check your history books up to the present). If we concern ourselves with the silliness of all the "bad" and "idiotic" morons of society as portrayed in the news and on TV we are wasting valuable time. Just laugh at them. Mark Twain said it best:

"Your race, in its poverty, has unquestionably one really effective weapon—laughter. Power, Money, Persuasion, Supplication, Persecution—these can lift at a colossal humbug,—push it a little—crowd it a little—weaken it a little, century by century: but only Laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of Laughter nothing can stand."

http://www.golivewire.com/forums/img.cgi?i=86352

:cool:

Ghislain
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Monty Python had a little verse to describe this...

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a wistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life
(whistle)
Always look on the bright side of life
(whistle)

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSel54sIlyD5rx4UvvMU8_zfQ5xj9o83 OAb9DKZ2R7yfydr_mChwOR2kR8r

Ghislain

SahasraRa
02-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Isn't laughter an expression of happiness? If I'm sad or angry, I avoid laughing because it seems untrue to myself. What say you?

Awani
02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
I avoid laughing because it seems untrue to myself. What say you?

To quote the lawyer from The Simpsons: "Yeah, but what is truth? If you follow me."

I say laugh.

:)

zoas23
02-23-2012, 03:02 AM
It really depends on the situation.

If you are living in France and the Nazis invade your country is a completely different situation than if you are a member of a forum and a Nazi joins it and posts again and again nazi propaganda.

I've recently experienced the situation #2 in an Animal Rights forum and I have used laughter till the nazi had to leave... in shame.
So, yeah, in some way he hated the fact that he was not being taken too seriously.

On the other hand, a lot of my friends are lesbian girls and I had to defend them using something more than just laughter a few times when male nazi skinheads tried to attack them.
(you know, it didn't make much sense to just sit and watch my friends being kicked in the head whilst I was laughing at the Nazis).