PDA

View Full Version : cleansing a leper

solomon levi
01-12-2012, 07:46 PM
from Leviticus 14 we have the law of cleansing a leper
which looks suspiciously alchemical:

1Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2“This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing. Now he shall be brought to the priest, 3and the priest shall go out to the outside of the camp. Thus the priest shall look, and if the infection of leprosy has been healed in the leper, 4then the priest shall give orders to take two live clean birds and cedar wood and a scarlet string and hyssop for the one who is to be cleansed. 5“The priest shall also give orders to slay the one bird in an earthenware vessel over running water. 6“As for the live bird, he shall take it together with the cedar wood and the scarlet string and the hyssop, and shall dip them and the live bird in the blood of the bird that was slain over the running water. 7“He shall then sprinkle seven times the one who is to be cleansed from the leprosy and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the live bird go free over the open field. 8“The one to be cleansed shall then wash his clothes and shave off all his hair and bathe in water and be clean. Now afterward, he may enter the camp, but he shall stay outside his tent for seven days. 9“It will be on the seventh day that he shall shave off all his hair: he shall shave his head and his beard and his eyebrows, even all his hair. He shall then wash his clothes and bathe his body in water and be clean.

The leper is mentioned by Fulcanelli.
Birds are also mentioned alot in alchemy.
The scarlet string can also be interpreted the scarlet worm = red serpent.
I mean it is interpreted that way in another part of the bible - the same word
used for string here is interpreted "worm" elsewhere.
It is also translated the scarlet "oppressor". H ThVL OTh.
Interesting, the word ThVL in there - black suns, etc.
The hyssop is what lead me here in the first place. I was researching anointing
and it came up and I found the spelling to resemble our word for nitre, azoth.
Hyssop is spelled AZVB. If you know hebrew a bit you know the latin O is the
hebrew V/U, and the B and Th are often interchanged. Plus this hyssop plant is
referenced to grow on walls. ;)
"And he spake of trees from the cedar tree that is in Lebanon even unto the hyssop
that springeth out of the wall he spake also of beasts and of fowl and of creeping
things and of fishes" - 1 Kings 4:33
In Psalms 51:7 we read, "Purge me with hyssop and I shall be clean wash me and
I shall be whiter than snow."
"Purge" me - the same way nitre purges the antimony regulus of filth.

The "running water" is actually "living" water - HChIIM = living. The same word
spelled the same way is used in the phrase "the tree of life".

Sprinkling 7 times reminds one of 7 eagles/distillations...

http://biblebrowser.com/leviticus/14-1.htm

solomon levi
01-14-2012, 09:06 AM
regarding the scarlet worm - vermilion, from L.L. vermiculus "a little worm,"
Vermilion is an opaque orangish red pigment, similar to scarlet, but more orange and less red.
The first recorded use of vermilion as a color name in English was in 1289. As a naturally occurring
mineral pigment, it is known as cinnabar, and was in use around the world before the Common Era began.

ghetto alchemist
01-19-2012, 06:14 AM
“The priest shall also give orders to slay the one bird in an earthenware vessel over running water.

Earthenware jar makes me think of molten lye or a lye solution with the water. An earthen jar was the only container available in those days which could handle lye without reacting.

Regards
Ghetto Alchemist

solomon levi
01-21-2012, 11:44 AM
I was thinking the birds may be fixed and volatile ammoniac salts,
but I'm not as sure on that as the others.