View Full Version : masonic alchemy video

solomon levi
01-14-2012, 08:19 PM
by Timothy Hogan

http://vimeo.com/29201135

solomon levi
01-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Book available by the above alchemist

http://books.google.com/books?id=x69YATrAPOAC&pg=PA25&dq=alchem+clay+and+charcoal&hl=en&ei=-NQRT4aQKq3XiQLzu620DQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=book-thumbnail&resnum=5&sqi=2&ved=0CE0Q6wEwBA#v=onepage&q=paracelsus&f=false

True Initiate
01-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Thank you very much Sol! Great Find!

I wonder what he means by this corrosive process? Which Acid did he used?

Ghislain
01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
T.P. I was thinking the same thing about the acid...however...

If you burn an organic substance and bubble the fumes through water you get an acidic solution e.g.
acid rain. Im sure there will be many other pollutants too, one would have to clean it somehow. I am
going to try this to see what I get.

An interesting acid is Humic Acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humic_acid) and is worth a read.

If you steep the ash in water you get potash in solution Alkali.

Therefore using larger quantities of whatever it is you wish to work with you may be able to create
all the materials you need from the same starting material.

When Hogan said one has to "divest oneself of all metallic substances" would mercuric amalgam fillings
and metal crowns come into this?

It was so refreshing to see an explanation in plain speak.

Thanks Sol

Ghislain

solomon levi
01-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I was thinking it's just like ormus. Probably muriatic.
Yeah, it starts out slow, but I was surprised when he took it to the lab.
I don't know if you can call a plant elixir red lion - I thought that was just mineral??
Anyway, a nice instruction.

Andro
01-15-2012, 02:11 PM
The most interesting part (for me) about this sort-of-mixed-ormus/spagyrical-instructional video is the INSOLUBLE salt he mentions as a component of the salt resulting from common calcination.

Old & settled urine also has a (completely odorless) sediment which is NOT soluble in either water or alcohol. This sediment is used in some treatises, but discarded (filtered out) in others.

It is from this sediment that he proceeds to extract (in a rather ormus-like fashion) the white/cloudy 'manna' precipitant...

I'm sure that many people here know what this insoluble salt is (or contains) :)

True Initiate
01-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't know if you can call a plant elixir red lion - I thought that was just mineral??
Anyway, a nice instruction.

The uniqueness of Hogan presentation is that he used only verified Masonic Alchemist's as his source. There are some differences between masonic sources and orthodox Alchemist's, the most obvious is that the after the Red Lion stage, which is regarded as the last stage in orthodox Alchemy, he does a special process to create a White Stone which he calls the true Philosopher's Stone which transmutes the metals in Gold, the Red Lion he calls the Blood of Christ which is Elixir of Life.

So he regard's the White stage as the last stage which comes after the Red Lion.

As i openly stated to RogerC different schools, different teachings!

One must pay carefull attention to which secret society the Author belonged otherwise one can get easilly lost in this maze.

solomon levi
01-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes, good points.
For me, red lion has always been synonymous with Philosophers' stone.
But it is important ot be able to release our own knowledge and listen to others
or we miss many things just because of different syntax and context. :)