PDA

View Full Version : Des Hermes Trismegists wahrer alter Naturweg - English?

sam
01-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know if the "Des Hermes Trismegists wahrer alter Naturweg" is available in English, either as book, or as download?

Thanx
-sam

rogerc
01-21-2012, 01:18 AM
To my knowledge this book is not available in English....I have looked and looked and finally I have bought a french version that was transcribed from the hand written notes written in french provided by editionsdelahutte.com.....I am in the process of translating it to english....there is a german version available online from levity.com but when copied and pasted into google translate yields a very poor english translation.

Lady Shivataumbrutul
01-21-2012, 02:42 AM
I haven't seen it in English but it would be more likely available in English in europe or Asia. But if you would pm me I am very well versed in German though American is my first language... I could take a stab at it... Ya Google comes up with some very funny things at times...

sam
01-21-2012, 01:07 PM
..I am in the process of translating it to english....there is a german version available online from levity.com but when copied and pasted into google translate yields a very poor english translation.

I am German but I am asking for a american friend in our small alchemy group. I am aware of the German version and was considering translating it myself during my upcoming vacation. I have been made aware of one already existing English version in private hands but could not locate it. There seem to be various attemps going on too - but again, I was not able to contact the people behind them.
If you finish your work will you make it available (as book or in any other form?) - would it help if I offered my assistance for parts of it (I have to say: my English is not bad and I have translated a few books from English to German already but I am not that eloquent in English).

sam
01-21-2012, 01:09 PM
... I could take a stab at it... Ya Google comes up with some very funny things at times...

Thank you , that will not be necessary, I can translate it myself and read German (I am German). The text does not lend itself to google translation, its written in an older form of the German language that will even for me take time to understand. Thank you nevertheless.

sam
01-22-2012, 11:19 PM
The following errors occurred with your submission

rogerc has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Cant reply - please clear you msg space roger. thanx.