PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I am new here!

zoas23
01-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Hello,
I'm new in this forum.

I have actually arrived here because I was (and still am) looking for places in which I can post a "call for submissions" for an international and free to participate photography exhibition that I am organizing in my city. A photo exhibition about Alchemy. So google brought me here.
I am, however, going to ask the forum owners or administrators if it's OK to post the invitation.

But I am also here because I am finishing to set up my own lab, I think that by March (mostyl because of $$$, it was too expensive for me to afford "all at once", so I am buying new things month by month) I will finally have the basic things that are needed. For over a decade I've been interested in spiritual alchemy and alchemical theory.
My very first steps in practical lab alchemy are about to begin (or maybe thay have already begun, since creating a lab is probably already a part of the process).
I do assume that once I have the basic equipment, I will become an ocean of questions and will be more active in the forum (probably on the side of those who ask than on the side of those who answer; but I am also thankful always).

Also, my first language isn't English and whilst I have no problems reading English (I managed to read Finnegan's Wake, hence I assume I can read almost everything :p ), when I write the spelling mistakes, the strange use of words and specially the grammar mistakes may show up, I hope it's not too obvious, I try to do my best.

I'm also leaving you a link about a movie I filmed some time ago in which I used a lot of Alchemical Symbolism (that was also a hommage to the Artist Austin Osman Spare). It is NOT SAFE FOR WORK, it does CONTAIN NUDITY (though not sex, just nudity)... and it's not for people under 18, though I don''t think there's a lot of people under 18 here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRjDrEm17Tk

Here's another video of a movie I did, very different and yet a bit similar to the previous one (though produced in an absolute different way and somehow more experimental). It does contain images of the lab of a friend, so you may enjoy it just because of that... no nudity in this one (and probably safe for work, though your boss may think you are somehow strange for watching a movie like this one, though I don't think it may get you fired) :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58aN805xpQw

Thank you. I'm glad to be here... and do expect an ocean of questions once my own lab is finished.

P.S, Also, may I ask who is the person I have to contact as to make sure that I can post this call for submissions I was talking about?

solomon levi
01-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Greetings Zoas23!

Deviadah will address your questions on submissions.

zoas23
01-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Thank you!
I just sent Dev a PM.

Awani
01-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Welcome!

:cool: