PDA

View Full Version : Re-intro: Solomon Levi

solomon levi
01-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Hi!
I've been around for three years or so and I feel I've changed quite a bit
and a re-introduction would be nice.
I like communicating and sharing and receiving from others their experiences.

I've written a lot of posts. Three years ago I didn't know nearly what i do now.
But still, what I post is simply information. I prefer it that way. I mean, sometimes
I know without knowing; sometimes I post intuitions and visions. Often these are
ahead of my experience and have not been verified, but I still want to share them.
So it is for your intuition to sort the wheat from the chaff. I prefer pointing. I agree
that a good teacher leads another to the threshhold of their own knowledge. At the
same time, I don't really care for secrecy, but I have to balance that with my values
of wisdom over knowledge. Thus pointing leaves others to do some work and make
it their own.

My alchemical practice has gone through stages. I used to be more active in the lab.
Lately i have been very much into the spirit and philosophical work. I do feel a surge
of labwork approaching, so that will be nice for me - to see how things have progressed
in light of my interior awakening and better philosophical understanding.

A year or more ago, I had an awakening, a vision of Oneness. Since then I have retained,
in varying degrees on a given day, a connection with spirit, with my Muse or Genius,
a higher self, Daimon, Holy Guardian Angel. I feel this is an important aspect of alchemy.
This is the best teacher. It unveils whatever you place your attention on. If you heavily
contemplate alchemy, you have a lot of visions and dreams that reveal the answers.

It's interesting how my awakening paralleled my alchemical studies. When I finally
understood the first matter as an aerial nitre, a lot of things began to change inside me.
I would say just knowing/seeing what the first matter is is an alchemical transmutation
on some level.

I am a moderator of the forums. I was asked by Dev and other moderators to help out.
I accepted. I'm not ambitious or desirous of power. My inclination was not to have greater
responsibility. As i recall, I was really into non-duality (still am) and accepting what is,
so for me this was the universe and not Dev pointing me in this direction. I'm really not
into rules and boundaries, but i hope that makes me a decent moderator. As i have said,
I wear it like a hat - it's not who I am. I still prefer to be a member above a moderator, so
I am often slack in my duties as i prefer to write posts rather than clean up forums.

I really appreciate this place and getting to talk with others on similar paths. I am grateful
to have made some real friends. I look forward to what this year will bring. I'm glad to
see more and more people active on the forums.

solomon levi
01-25-2012, 07:41 PM
I also wanted to take the opportunity to explain myself a bit.
I know I've been somewhat argumentative lately. I hope that this
won't be taken personally. It's related to the stage I am currently experiencing
about subjectivity and relativity. But I'm not just arguing to argue or even
playing devil's advocate. I don't care for that role unless it actually happens
to be a more reasonable or more relatively objective argument. In my "ideal"
objective world, people can compare arguments, knowledge, evidence and because
they are more interested in truth than personality or being right or wrong, they can
actually step back and see, with objectivity, which argument is more true, factual,
evident. There's nothing personal about it. In my ideal world, people know that they
are not their knowledge, their beliefs, even their experience - so there is nothing to
lose or gain, nothing to win, no ego to bolster; just a comparison of information and
an objective measurment or weighing of it.
And the thing is, if you are objective, you won't even care if i am actually capable of this.
You would act the same either way, whether you "believe" me or not. I don't want you to
believe me. I'm not selling anything. There's nothing for me to gain by "tricking" you.
I would "gain" or love it immensely if you can join me in an agreement to act objectively,
like a scientist (before they were bought by corporations) or a mathematician, or a
philosopher who wants to see what is more than s/he wants to see what s/he prefers
or believes or acquired second-hand.
It's a lot to ask, and I'm not really asking, and I'm not expecting. But if i should run into you
out there, that would be a pleasant exchange. :)

If you haven't read my original intro, I've arrived here after many years of practicing Gurdjieff's
self-observation, Castaneda's stalking and fluidity, Krishnamurti's perceiving beyond images,
lots of other practices like "watching", "simply noticing", the headless way, being present, and
aligning myself with the alchemical mercury archetype. I'm not telling you my background in order
to appear to be somebody. I offer it as a means to communicate if you share similar syntaxes. Please
don't make me into anybody. I just want to be one human being communicating to another human being
if that is possible. And no, I don't plan to stay where "I have arrived". I'm just telling you my current
center of gravity because i notice it has become a pattern and isn't going away by itself. But i could be
somewhere else any time because I'm often observing this stage and saying to myself, "shut the fuck up".

Thanks for reading. I know this isn't the usual intro but all my practice has taught me to prefer vulnerability
and transparency - to keep it real. That's the kind of people I'd like to communicate with. A cup of crazy is
good too. :)

And if I sometimes type small 'i' and sometimes big 'I', it doesn't mean anything. I just typed too fast and don't
feel like going back and correcting it. And sometimes I post a string of synonymous terms separated by / (slashes)
in the hopes of making myself clear and finding a word that you may associate/relate/empathise with. (I did that one
as an example). Scientifically/neurologically, this causes your brain to fire more neurons for each association and
create a more complete picture in your mind, hopefully making communication more accurate. In my ideal world
we could communicate and truly comprehend one another if we want to, if we want to cultivate "our way" more than
we want "my way".

By the way, I'm in love with every one of you. I'll see you around.

Awani
01-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Welcome again!

As we evolve we DO change. Thanks for keeping it real!

:cool:

solomon levi
01-26-2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks Dev! I was starting to feel unwelcomed. :D

Seth-Ra
01-26-2012, 03:35 AM
*respectful bow* Tis nice to meet you, again, Solomon Levi. :)

*raises a glass* To transmutation, and new beginnings with old friends. :D

~Seth-Ra

solomon levi
01-26-2012, 03:47 AM
Thanks Seth-Ra! I really like how your alchemy has evolved, and yourself.
Cheers!

rogerc
01-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Nice to re-meet you Solomon

solomon levi
01-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Thanks Rogerc.
Well, i really had a good understanding/vision of the quicklime work.
I am grateful for your persistence in helping me.
The thing is, a few minutes after I saw the quicklime, I also
saw that you describe the wet path, and I saw the shorter dry path as well.
I'll probably focus on the dry path, but maybe both.

As an example of me seeing and saying things before I know what I'm saying,
we were talking about Moses and the rock and the golden calf...
This may make you reconsider ormus, I hope. The Essene was genius in that
he unveiled alchemy without letting people see how it was related - without really
plainly exposing it. Please look again at the possibility of your quicklime path
being the wet way: water from the rock; and sodium or calcium or even lithium
metal being the dry path: golden calf. Moses knew both paths, of course.
For me, once I clearly saw the wet path, the dry was just a couple steps away.
I'll try to say more in the forums when I have time.
Thanks again Rogerc. I'll keep you informed of any progress I make.

DanceofRebirth
01-29-2012, 05:29 AM
I wasn't here before during your initial introduction, but getting to know you thus far has been a pleasure. I enjoy your perspective and your bits of wisdom even if you've been challenging in discussions recently. Sometimes people need that to get over their humps and sometimes they don't, but you can only stand in the placement that you're in at the time. Thank you for being with us and thank you for sharing the wisdom and the love. ^_~

rogerc
01-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks Rogerc.
Well, i really had a good understanding/vision of the quicklime work.
I am grateful for your persistence in helping me.
The thing is, a few minutes after I saw the quicklime, I also
saw that you describe the wet path, and I saw the shorter dry path as well.
I'll probably focus on the dry path, but maybe both.

As an example of me seeing and saying things before I know what I'm saying,
we were talking about Moses and the rock and the golden calf...
This may make you reconsider ormus, I hope. The Essene was genius in that
he unveiled alchemy without letting people see how it was related - without really
plainly exposing it. Please look again at the possibility of your quicklime path
being the wet way: water from the rock; and sodium or calcium or even lithium
metal being the dry path: golden calf. Moses knew both paths, of course.
For me, once I clearly saw the wet path, the dry was just a couple steps away.
I'll try to say more in the forums when I have time.
Thanks again Rogerc. I'll keep you informed of any progress I make.

Thank you and your welcome

And he took the calf they had made and burned it in the fire; then he ground it to powder, scattered it on the water and made the Israelites drink it.

I hear the sodium burn method will only produce the glowing white mercury if performed at the right time..

So just a thought but.....why do you think the alkali metals ignite and burn in the presence of oxygen with just a drop of water or even water vapors...what does that tell us about their nature, that they are very unstable perhaps....on another note be careful with the dry way, remember the account of the priest of avignon.

However, if it suffices to know the secret substance represented by the dragon in order to
discover its antagonist, it is essential to know the means that sages employ in order to
limit, to temper the excessive ardor of the belligerents. For want of a necessary mediator -
-- for which we have never found a symbolic interpretation --- the ignorant experimenter
would be exposed to grave dangers. Anxious spectator of the drama which he would have
imprudently unleashed, he could neither control its phases nor regulate its fury. Fiery
projections, sometimes even brutal explosion of the furnace, would be the sad
consequences of his temerity. This is why, aware of our responsibility, we urgently
beseech those who do not possess this secret to abstain until then. They will thus avoid
the fate of an unfortunate priest of the diocese of Avignon, about which the following
notice briefly gives an account (2): "Abbot Chapaty thought to have discovered the
philosophers’ stone but, unfortunately for him, the crucible burst asunder, the metal
exploded against him, attached itself to his face, arms and clothes; he ran in this way
along the Infirmaries Street, dragging himself in the gutters as though possessed, and he
perished miserably burnt, like a damned person. 1706".

However, and just to give you something to think about as well...... IMHO, in order to do the dry way correctly, we still need the philosophical salt-peter which is our contingency of dry water in solid form, so the work of the celestial agriculture still needs to be done beforehand, even Fulcanelli says you need the salt of the dew which fertilizes the earth in the month of May, it is the astral solvent in dry form, so his "dry way" perhaps is really only the completion of the work where our stone is specified to the metallic realm, the operation which we call, "fermentation".....so it is really not a path on its own, we can ferment wet or dry but we still need the universal spirit, so I still don't consider the Essene's methods to be alchemy unless by their qualities, these alkali metals are absorbing the astral spirit and it is the astral spirit calcining the gold and not the alkali metal disassociating it chemically, which I believe to be the case. It is a possibility however, and I don't want to seem totally closed minded, however, we can do the burn in broad daylight and completly out of season and the gold dissassociates just the same, this shows me that logically the method is purely chemical.

Alternately, the dry way can also represent from start to finish the fabrication of the magnet of the wise, which still requires our salt, which this magnet is then used to attract copius amounts of spiritus mundi when properly prepared, which then turns and acts on the magnet itself under fusion.

solomon levi
06-10-2012, 11:49 AM
I've been really mental lately.
I want to explain things so people can hear them and digest them.
But I am now moving into a space of love.
I don't know if I'll have many explanatory posts anymore.
Love is so much better for me. It really aligns me.

This is my latest blog I want to share with you:

The way of love
Have you ever loved?
Have you ever been unable to stop thinking of someone?
Have you ever imagined you cannot live without your beloved?
It's true.
But perhaps you have not realised who the Eternal Beloved is.
Did you ever love from a distance?
Did you ever know the pain of love unreturned?
Did you ever worship a person that didn't even know you exist?
Then imagine how the Eternal Beloved dreams of embracing you.
Won't you gaze inward and behold the face of the One who dreamed you?
If you saw this face, you would never see anything else.
There is no other love.
All else is but an emanation of this Eternal Love.

Can you hear what I am saying?
This is not an abstraction!
Turn around without your face and see who sees from behind your eyes!
There is no Yoga (Union) but this.
Shiva and Shakti, face to face, lingam penetrating yoni, yoni receiving lingam.
Shivering Universe - can you feel it?!
Are you trembling?
This orgasm is unending!!

Albion
06-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Then imagine how the Eternal Beloved dreams of embracing you.
Won't you gaze inward and behold the face of the One who dreamed you?
If you saw this face, you would never see anything else.
There is no other love.
All else is but an emanation of this Eternal Love.

I was especially pondering this theme the day before you submitted your post.

Specifically, I was considering the various sutras, more or less of the Zen Buddhist tradition, I own. Their strength or value to me lies in their rigorous deconstruction of the local mind, but their shortcoming, to my tastes, lies in their lack of philosophically incorporating a focus on factors more predominant within the Judeo-Christian lineage of “face” and “heart” [although it is not absolute, in that there is recognition given to the opening of the heart chakra and compassion in Zen, and Vedanta], when all is said and done, that seems to give short shrift to that which is manifold, to the created dimensionality side of the coin, that leaves me feeling that something vital has been neglected on the way to disillusionment.

To me, the primary circuit is meant to include the face and the heart [and/or the face of the heart]because the intent of the One is embodiment in a multiplicity that simultaneously does not lose sight of the One.

I would say that the problem, from the Christian tradition, is in conceptualizing God as being an “other” in nature or kind - so that God is merely worshipped and then feared. The ideal, to me, and the esoteric solution and means between these two extremes is in loving and facing that One as your (higher”) self in the no-time - which is ever beyond in some sense - which is you facing your individuated expression in the in-time. One might imagine they both simply cancel out but I don’t find that to be the case. To me, both the discontinuity and the continuum work together and are not mutually exclusive - nor need one win out over the other. It isn’t a matter of “either/or” but of “both/and.”

In the Christian message, one is encouraged to identify with Christ. The more “mystically” inclined among them took that more or less as a full-time vocation and entered into a realization of Christ and an experiencing of God in Christ as “All in all” - and yet the category of individuality was not eradicated thereby - rather perhaps augmented as the One can only find home in individuality in dimensionality.

On the subject of “face” I was reminded of the book by C.S. Lewis entitled “Till We Have Faces” - although I’ve yet to read it. I just looked it up and found some quotes regarding it that might be pertinent here:

http://www.amazon.com/Till-We-Have-Faces-Retold/dp/0156904365/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

“In "Till We Have Faces" Lewis again explores the theme of death to the false self, but in a more in-depth fashion. The mask of Orual represents the persona. It is the mask we all wear. To rid ourselves of it is the journey she, and we, must all undertake, and it is not an easy one, because dying is not an easy thing to do. But if we are to live the zoe life Lewis mentions in MC, if we are not content to continue to live the merely natural life, what Lewis calls bios, then, like Orual, die we must. Because, again as Lewis says in MC, "Nothing in you that has not died will ever be raised from the dead."

“Orual, the protagonist of the story, spends an entire life learning what the apostle Paul meant when he said "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." The real twist in "Till We Have Faces" is that the reader, more likely than not, learns the same lesson (I know I did).”
For me, to identify with Christ doesn’t mean I believe I am Jesus. He had/has his own “I” - just as I have my own “I” - which, to me, stands in a sacrosanct category beyond appropriation, beyond negotiation, and even beyond any melding into “oneness.” But Jesus was the one to first embody and make manifest the conceptual seed to work its way into the soil of my individual logos as an organizing principle, so to speak. That such can take place for others through other means, I don’t doubt - certainly Vallalar seems to have laid hold of this to a profound degree within the Nath Siddhar tradition (although he had, as a young man, read the New Testament - so one cannot say he wasn’t in-formed by it) . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vallalar

So why do we feel that love as so vital, so real, so right?

It’s like the perfect circuit of no resistance and pure momentum. Where complex and simple integrate.

Anyway, we have hearts, and our heart has an “original face” for purposes of interfacing and dialectic which is wonderful.

Sol, this has been on my mind lately, so that is why I responded to your post. I don’t claim to have it all worked out yet [I could be way off in some regards] or to be an expert on anything - mostly I just wanted to give positive feedback to your post from my own current perspective [always subject to modification].

Albion
06-12-2012, 04:08 AM
I also very much enjoyed your May 14 blog entry...

You

You are everything.
Realise the significance of being the microcosm - it's all you.
You are consciousness.
You are time.
You are dimension.

Let me say that another way for perspective.
You are not IN time. You ARE time.
You are not IN the cosmos. You ARE the cosmos.
You are not IN a dimension. You ARE the dimensions.

You do not achieve a state of now/presence;
you ARE now/presence, and everything issues from you/now/presence presently.

From now, one thinks of the past and future or "enters" the dimensions or alternate
states of awareness/consciousness. And all those things are you.
The now portal is you.
If you only become more deeply aware of yourself, you will simultaneously
become more aware of time, dimension, consciousness, "God", because these
are not other than you.

The "other than you" idea sets up an unnecessary struggle between you and the other,
be it time, dimension, consciousness, cosmos...
The idea of God, the idea of consciousness, of time, of dimension... all ideas...
the idea is an abstraction. You are the present reality. You are the direct
unmediated essential.

...as I had recently been drawing some comfort from considerations along those lines,
and it was nice to read your more expansive and complete expression/witness of it
(although I'm open to the possibility that we could both be wrong :) ). Thanks.

Krisztian
06-12-2012, 05:39 PM
I've been really mental lately.
I want to explain things so people can hear them and digest them.
But I am now moving into a space of love.
I don't know if I'll have many explanatory posts anymore.
Love is so much better for me. It really aligns me.

It seems to me that something is happening to the fabric of reality as we know it. What appears as a 'flooding of energy' into consciousness, the other periods in my life when I experienced something similar was during moments of pure creativity, and something like 'artistic madness'.

I think you're on the right track when you say, I'm paraphrasing, love can balance the tumultous, energetic feelings.

solomon levi
07-03-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm 44 today. A nice combination of youth and wisdom.
At least that's how I feel. Still think I'm 20 something.
4 x 11 - a nice square number. I'm feeling really good today. :)
Life is good.

Wow. I never knew this was the middle of the year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/July_2

Ha! today is also world ufo day! Unidentified, for sure. :)

MarkostheGnostic
07-03-2012, 06:22 AM
Happy Birthday Solomon [SolMoon] Levi!
The Moon looks full tonight, but tomorrow it is "buck full" (and the anniversary of J.D. Morrison's untimely demise [I wonder why I remember that, except I was shocked the day it happened]). We were just outside at 2:00 am, basking in its polarized light. Metal: Argentum (Ag) Silver. Chakra: Brain. The full Moon brings out excitement in a middle school amongst kids, as is also said of mental mental hospitals. And why not? Adolescents have only 1/2 of adult brain development and I see them as 'developmentally deficient' because of that. They are ruled more by their limbic brain than by the prefrontal cortex. But perhaps you're feeling the July Moon waxing full as "really mental." I made some real progress yesterday on the epilogue of the book I've been working on during the past 4 summers. This is an unusual July
My own birthday is on the 9th. I'll be 59, although, my atoms are as old as the Sun. :) The Cancer Sun is in opposition to the Moon in Capricorn.
Happy Independence Day! (If you're American).

solomon levi
07-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Thanks Markos. :)
I really like your posts. I don't respond to them often, not that I wouldn't want to communicate with you,
but I just don't know what to say. Your writing style and info are unusal, but welcome. :)
Hopefully we will converse more in the near future.
I'd like to be writing a book too. I think it will come together really soon.
Yes, american. I just learned that the Declaration of independence was actually agreed upon on this day,
my birthday, although not officially signed until the fourth.
Herman Hesse also shares my birthday. Author of "Siddhartha".
We have friday the 13th coming up too. :)
Blessings to you and your beloved.

Awani
07-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm 44 today.

Then you are 8 years old (4+4). Happy Birthday!

:cool:

solomon levi
07-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks Dev!

Andro
07-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Just noticed this...

Happy BirthDay!

Best Everything ! ! !

solomon levi
07-03-2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you Androgynus!
And thanks for the cyber-hug the other day. :)

chrysopoeia
07-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Happy birthday, Solomon Levi.
July 2... According to the tropical zodiac, it's Cancer. According to the sidereal zodiac, Gemini. According to IAU, it's also Gemini. Which do you prefer?

solomon levi
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow. That makes sense. I always understood it as cancer, but I have lots of gemini qualities too
which I associated with both my parents being libras.
I relate alot to cancer, but I've tried to expand my identity and astral signature.
I was going to write a post about that.
Cool. I'll have to investigate the sidereal zodiac and IAU.
I really relate to that association more than cancer now. :)

Ouroboros
07-03-2012, 11:44 AM
happy birthday and i wish you another 44 years - at least :)

Illen A. Cluf
07-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Herman Hesse also shares my birthday. Author of "Siddhartha".
We have friday the 13th coming up too. :)
Blessings to you and your beloved.

Happy 44th, Solomon. Must be nice to be so young. Herman Hesse - my alltime favoirite author! His Magister Ludi (Glass Bead Game) was an absolute masterpiece.

Illen

solomon levi
07-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Thank you both very much.
Another 44 years! I'm really curious what that would be like.
I've realised more than I ever expected to already. It's nice to think of this as only halfway.
Those will be some incredible years.

My dad had some Herman Hesse books in his library when I was a child.
I remember staring at the covers.
I'll give Magister Ludi a look. :)

Illen A. Cluf
07-03-2012, 04:20 PM
My dad had some Herman Hesse books in his library when I was a child.
I remember staring at the covers.
I'll give Magister Ludi a look. :)

Might be better to ease into his works before reading his masterpiece - he can be incredibly "deep" and philosophical. Try Demian, Journey to the East or Steppenwolf first. They're much shorter and easier to follow.

Some say that it was Hesse's books which was the catalyst for the 60's movement.

Nibiru
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Happy Belated Birthday my friend!!! I hope you had a good time :)

I look forward to reading your book once it's been written..

MarkostheGnostic
07-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the kind words. :) I would be open to a description or criticism of my writing style. I am a "Vajra Personality," according to Irini Rockwell, http://www.amazon.com/Five-Wisdom-Energies-Understanding-Personalities/dp/1570624518/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341350599&sr=8-1&keywords=five+buddha+wisdoms , which means, among other things, that I strive for clarity. Often, I strive too much. Sometimes pure linearity of prose does not convey the tone that I intend, and as I am not a poet, the tone does not take on emotion, but rather, non-linear prose (with insertions, like [brackets] within (parentheses)). I do NOT want to convey mental illness from an eccentric Schizotypal personality to a full-fledged Schizophrenia, so if that is what I'm conveying, please give me a heads-up! :p

Krisztian
07-04-2012, 12:19 AM
Another 44 years! I'm really curious what that would be like.
I've realised more than I ever expected to already. It's nice to think of this as only halfway.
Those will be some incredible years.

Well, you're my physical senior by a decade; I hope to be as alive in my writing as you have demonstrated in your postings!

Wishing you the very best, solomon levi!

Ghislain
07-04-2012, 05:06 AM
A belated Happy Birthday

Ion Love Slam
I Love Salmon
Also Elm Vino
Also Move Nil
Ma Love Lions
Love Soil Man
Slam No Olive
No Oval Limes
I Slam No Love
Soloman Levi

Ghislain :)

solomon levi
07-04-2012, 05:35 AM
Thanks everyone!
Ghislain, there's no "a" in my name. :)
But I'd change it for Ion Love Slam. :D

Ghislain
07-04-2012, 03:16 PM
oops!

My bad :(

Veil Sol Moon
In Loves Loom

:D Ghislain

solomon levi
07-05-2012, 12:51 AM
:)
In loves loom in pretty cool if you think about it.
Being woven by threads of love. :)

Krisztian
07-05-2012, 02:20 AM
Ion Love Slam
I Love Salmon
Also Elm Vino
Also Move Nil
Ma Love Lions
Love Soil Man
Slam No Olive
No Oval Limes
I Slam No Love
Soloman Levi

Ghislain, you should have been a poet.

chrysopoeia
07-05-2012, 02:39 AM
Wow. That makes sense. I always understood it as cancer, but I have lots of gemini qualities too
which I associated with both my parents being libras.
I relate alot to cancer, but I've tried to expand my identity and astral signature.
I was going to write a post about that.
Cool. I'll have to investigate the sidereal zodiac and IAU.
I really relate to that association more than cancer now. :)

Have you ever had your astrological chart done? You just need to know your exact time of birth. You can create your chart online and see which system fits you best (best describes you). I recommend Astrodienst (http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?btyp=w2at&rs=3). For a full explanation of all the elements in your chart, I recommend asking a trained astrologer. However, I think the date of conception is also important and this is more difficult to calculate. I recently found this concept to be important in Hellenistic Astrology. I haven't found many people to be practising Hellenistic Astrology these days though it is perhaps experiencing a rebirth of sorts thanks to projects such as Project Hindsight (http://www.projecthindsight.com/articles/hellenistic.html). Ideally, you would look at both the constellations on or around the date of conception and the natal chart.

chrysopoeia
07-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Veil Sol Moon
In Loves Loom

These two lines are lovely.

solomon levi
07-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Have you ever had your astrological chart done? You just need to know your exact time of birth. You can create your chart online and see which system fits you best (best describes you). I recommend Astrodienst (http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?btyp=w2at&rs=3). For a full explanation of all the elements in your chart, I recommend asking a trained astrologer. However, I think the date of conception is also important and this is more difficult to calculate. I recently found this concept to be important in Hellenistic Astrology. I haven't found many people to be practising Hellenistic Astrology these days though it is perhaps experiencing a rebirth of sorts thanks to projects such as Project Hindsight (http://www.projecthindsight.com/articles/hellenistic.html). Ideally, you would look at both the constellations on or around the date of conception and the natal chart.

My Dad's birthday is Oct. 2 (mine july 2), so exactly 9 months before mine.
Considering conception, I can see why we are so in tune.
So in a way, I can see my conception chart by looking at him. :)
I'll have to do a chart - I had a computer program thing that does it.
Anyway, it would mean something different to me now if I have done one in the past.
I've grown so much in the last 5 years. I would see a lot more if I looked now.

Ouroboros
07-05-2012, 07:15 AM
my husband and his sister have birthaday 02.09, and 04.09. anda they get along very well. ofcourse you can sapecify your time of birth just looking at people of same zodiac sign, or even same date of birth.
i share my birthday with my favorite writer e.a. poe nad i find out that long time after i fell in love with his work. and it is some kind a flattering :)

solomon levi
12-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Hi.
It was suggested to me by Nibiru to write something to bring some balance to my posts.
The idea is that someone could read all this stuff about no right and wrong as permission
or reason to commit acts of violence, or that it may be the push that makes someone
commit suicide or rape or murder. Also the majority of my views are somewhat radical
and don't portray an accurate image of me as a human being in every day life. Something
I also want to stress more is timing and resonance - the things I say are not true for all
at all times. What doesn't creat karma for me, for example, may very well create karma
for you. It all depends on resonance or what one identifies with - what frequency one
vibrates at - what beliefs one holds and doesn't.

"The basic premise of sorcery for a sorcerer is that the world of everyday life is not real, or out there, as we believe it is. For a sorcerer, reality, or the world we all know, is only a description.
For the sake of validating this premise I will concentrate the best of my efforts into leading you into a genuine conviction that what you hold in mind as the world at hand is merely a description of the world; a description that has been pounded into you from the moment you were born.
The reality of our day-to-day life, then, consists of an endless flow of perceptual interpretations which we, the individuals who share a specific membership, have learned to make in common.
The idea that the perceptual interpretations that make up the world have a flow is congruous with the fact that they run uninterruptedly and are rarely, if ever, open to question. In fact the reality of the world we know is so taken for granted that the basic premise of sorcery, that our reality is merely one of many descriptions, can hardly be taken as a serious proposition.
Fortunately for you, I'm not concerned at all with whether or not you can take my proposition seriously, and thus I will proceed to elucidate my points, in spite of your opposition, your disbelief, and your inability to understand what I am saying. Thus, as a teacher of sorcery, my endeavor is to describe the world to you. Your difficulty in grasping my concepts and methods will stem from the fact that the units of my description are alien and incompatible with those of your own.
I am teaching you how to see as opposed to merely looking , and stopping the world is the first step to seeing .
I am teaching you how to stop the world . Nothing will work, however, if you are very stubborn. Be less stubborn, and you will probably stop the world with any of the techniques I teach you. Everything I will tell you to do is a technique for stopping the world .
The sorcerer's description of the world is perceivable. But our insistence on holding on to our standard version of reality renders us almost deaf and blind to it.
Stopping the world is indeed an appropriate rendition of certain states of awareness in which the reality of everyday life is altered because the flow of interpretation, which ordinarily runs uninterruptedly, has been stopped by a set of circumstances alien to that flow. In this case the set of circumstances alien to our normal flow of interpretations is the sorcery description of the world. The precondition for stopping the world is that one has to be convinced; in other words, one has to learn the new description in a total sense, for the purpose of pitting it against the old one, and in that way break the dogmatic certainty, which we all share, that the validity of our perceptions, or our reality of the world, is not to be questioned.
After stopping the world the next step is seeing . By that I mean what could be categorized as responding to the perceptual solicitations of a world outside the description we have learned to call reality."

This is why I post these radical views. They belong to another dimension, another realm.
We live in the kingdom of heaven and the earthly kingdom simultaneously as the physical
body and the energy body, the first attention and the second attention. As I posted recently
in "through a glass darkly", we can wake up in either one of these dreams, but one has to have
fluidity - one has to break the dogmatic certainty that one view of the world is more true than another,
because that belief belongs to the earthly man/first attention and excludes the heavenly man.
Anyway, this is why I share these radical views. I want to offer what was so helpful to me -
I offer fluidity and freedom from beliefs (water - mercury). It's not for everybody. There is a danger to
giving up one's certainty/density/lead/saturn prematurely or unprepared. If you don't see the black phase
first, the work is spoiled. There is a danger in sharing the secrets of alchemy and having them misused
or misinterpreted. One's fluidity can be used for chaos or for new order - one can align with the old
sorcerers of ancient mexico, many of whom sought power, or the new seers who sought only freedom.
Anyway, I can't control what you do with this knowledge - I am compelled to offer it. My radical descriptions
are not intended to describe a new way of life. They are only meant to free one from the aforementioned dogmatic
certainty which keeps us bound. If you think I am describing a world where you are free to rape, murder or do
whatever without consequence, I am not. If you are truly wise, you will understand:
"A man of knowledge cannot possibly act towards his fellow men in injurious terms."

This doesn't mean that violence is bad or wrong. It is simply inapplicable for a man of knowledge. The thought
doesn't occur to his/her mind. My radical views are simply to level the playing field - to discover one homogeneous
water which dissolves/resolves the "four elements" into inapplicability/equalibrium/quintessence.

Consider these theorems of magick offerred by Crowley - they are helpful in understanding timing:

6) "Every man and every woman is a star". That is to say, every human being is intrinsically an independent individual with his own proper character and proper motion.
7) Every man and every woman has a course, depending partly on the self, and partly on the environment which is natural and necessary for each. Anyone who is forced from his own course, either through not understanding himself, or through external opposition, comes into conflict with the order of the Universe, and suffers accordingly.
(Illustration: A man may think it is his duty to act in a certain way, through having made a fancy picture of himself, instead of investigating his actual nature. For example, a woman may make herself miserable for life by thinking that she prefers love to social consideration, or vice versa. One woman may stay with an unsympathetic husband when she would really be happy in an attic with a lover, while another may fool herself into a romantic elopement when her only pleasures are those of presiding over fashionable functions. Again, a boy's instinct may tell him to go to sea, while his parents insist on his becoming a doctor. In such a case he will be both unsuccessful and unhappy in medicine.)
8) A Man whose conscious will is at odds with his True Will is wasting his strength. He cannot hope to influence his environment efficiently.
9) A Man who is doing his True Will has the inertia of the Universe to assist him.

What I have underlined and italicised is of significant importance to the point I am trying
to make in this post about timing and resonance. Do not TRY to do what i say against yourself.
Do not BELIEVE me because i appear to know something. One cannot force these things against nature.
Earth must pass through water to become air - do not grasp beyond your reach.
Of course, if you do, it was meant to be. My warnings and sharings are really nothing - I cannot
cause or prevent anyone to do or not do anything. You are responsible for yourself.
And I can't post this post before every post every time I say something radical - maybe one sees it,
maybe not. Maybe one hears it, maybe not. Anyway, I have made an effort to balance things as suggestedby my friend.

solomon levi
12-12-2012, 08:21 AM
"There is no completeness without sadness and longing, for without them there is no sobriety, no kindness. Wisdom without kindness and knowledge without sobriety are useless."

"Seers are divided into two categories. Those who are willing to exercise self-restraint and can channel their activities toward pragmatic goals, which would benefit other seers and man in general, and those who don't care about self-restraint or about any pragmatic goals. The latter have failed to resolve the problem of self-importance.
Self-importance is not something simple and naive. On the one hand, it is the core of everything that is good in us, and on the other hand, the core of everything that is rotten. To get rid of the self-importance that is rotten requires a masterpiece of strategy.
In order to follow the path of knowledge one has to be very imaginative. In the path of knowledge nothing is as clear as we'd like it to be. Warriors fight self-importance as a matter of strategy, not principle.
Impeccability is nothing else but the proper use of energy. My statements have no inkling of morality. I've saved energy and that makes me impeccable. To understand this, you have to save enough energy yourself."

- CC, the fire from within

solomon levi
12-29-2012, 04:44 AM
I have not asked anyone to believe me.
I am a seer.
Learn to see without your thoughts.
If you think, then you can expect to disagree with me.
Naturally.

The 2nd attention is the root of the 1st.
When you pit this Corascene dog against that Armenian bitch, they will fight and bite one another
and both will bleed and the blood will dissolve them both into one homogenenous substance.
Then, let's see if you disagree with me.
Until then, DO NOT believe me. Burn your books and whiten you laton.

If anyone has really heard me, I have spoken of excluding nothing, which includes excluding something.
There is no arguing with that. Agreeing and disagreeing both prove the truth of it.
I have wrapped the first attention in the second and created an immortal.
This is alchemy.
In other words, I have taken lead/saturn/time/first attention and married it to gold - the incorruptable.
If you call it a trick or a lie, it only appears that way from the first attention - you are not seeing/hearing me -
you are seeing/hearing yourself. Some thought Mercury/Thoth was a trickster.

"Lies are only lies if you have personal history (1st attention)" - Castaneda

"Perhaps you should tell me what you mean by dropping one's personal history," I said.
"To do away with it, that's what I mean," he replied cuttingly.
I insisted that I must not have understood the proposition.
"Take you for instance," I said. "You are a Yaqui. You can't change that."
"Am I?" he asked, smiling. "How do you know that?"
"True!" I said. "I can't know that with certainty, at this point, but you know it and that is what counts. That's what makes it personal history."
I felt I had driven a hard nail in.
"The fact that I know whether I am a Yaqui or not does not make it personal history," he replied. "Only when someone else knows that does it
become personal history. And I assure you that no one will ever know that for sure."
"That is the little secret I am going to give you today," he said in a low voice. "Nobody knows my personal history.
Nobody knows who I am or what I do. Not even I."
"How can I know who I am, when I am all this?" he said, sweeping the surroundings with a gesture of his head.
Then he glanced at me and smiled.

I don't ask anyone to believe me.
I totally expect you to see/project yourself on me.
When you are present, in the 2nd attention, you will project that on me, and we will have more to agree on (alignment).

solomon levi
01-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone.
I'm moving and may not have internet access.
I don't know how often I'll get to visit here.
I love and appreciate you all.
I have learned so many life changing things.
Thank you all, and hopefully I'll see you soon.
But if not for a while, I wanted to give my appreciation.
solomon

solomon levi
01-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Oh - a special thanks to Nibiru for letting me occupy his laptop for these past months
so I could communicate with everyone. And being there to talk with and expound on
all subjects philosophical. And for so much more. :)

Andro
01-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Thank you Sol and thanks Nibster (:)) for being such wonderful people and amazing friends.

You are both very dear and special to me.

May the road rise up to meet you.

Ilos
01-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Thank you Sol
I haven't been here for long to get to know you that much but I really enjoyed your conversations and I learned allot from you If I could i would send you a smart phone just to keep you here :)

Kiorionis
01-12-2013, 08:07 PM
you will be missed!

solomon levi
01-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Looks like I have some access! :)
Just not as frequent. But I've been wanting to post less anyways.
I'll share my "bigger views" as I have them.
I'm really understanding these things scientifically and dimensionally and energetically.
When we see it that way, it becomes all the more practical.
I understand the science of grace. That's what I like to talk about mostly.
It makes a huge difference when we see ourselves as energy and quantum descriptions -
we go from egos and bodies to probabilities and virtual particles... from mass to spirit - E=mc2.

This is the art of focussing and unfocussing attention, whether it is yours or the suns or a black holes.

Anyway, popped in today and this is on my mind. :)

Thanks for the comments. Glad I can stick around.

Nibiru
01-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Oh - a special thanks to Nibiru for letting me occupy his laptop for these past months
so I could communicate with everyone. And being there to talk with and expound on
all subjects philosophical. And for so much more. :)

Solomon, you're quite welcome and I'm happy to of had the opportunity to share and grow with you under the same greenhouse roof!!! You're only but a few minutes down the road, so I'm sure our friendship and philosophy discussions will continue to bear fruit. :)

Thank you Sol and thanks Nibster (:)) for being such wonderful people and amazing friends.

You are both very dear and special to me.

May the road rise up to meet you.

Thanks Androgynus you're a good friend :) and I hope that some day the roads shall rise to greet us all!!!!

solomon levi
01-16-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks everyone.

solomon levi
03-09-2013, 01:40 PM
i am a fool and a spiritual genius... twice blessed.
the universe is playing practical jokes on me.
it's nice to notice being noticed by God.
this is immortal awareness.
do you know how i know?
i see it. this place est terrible.
i see my S/self awareness create a torus, a merkaba, a diamond body... i exist as God's image, just like you.
it makes no difference that i know this. i am still God's fool. seeing the evidence of it makes me a spiritual genius/sage (self-professed prophet (prophessor) :)
i am microcosm and macrocosm. IH-VH
autogenes, the S/self-generated O/one.

rant, rant, rant.
"Go write a B/bible. ya stupid prophet" :p
Weeeeee!

solomon levi
03-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Everything we say about nonduality sounds like being conditional hypocrites,
so most keep silent. I don't care what people think of me, so i talk.
I know it looks like I care what people think of me here when I argue...
I understand appearances. If I really cared, I wouldn't talk about what can't be talked about.
I know that sounds like a defense. I know! I know! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElXlV8cI-ds&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Even this teacher sounds conditional when speaking about the unconditioned...
just listen to me... you should do this.... don't do that...

Those who have ears to hear and eyes to see... I guess it means those who can
see and hear between the lines... those who can skim the unconditioned cream
from the conditioned words that carry it... the subtle from the gross.

But I say go even further... do not reject the gross. Return the subtle to it until it
is subtlised and the subtle is made heaven on earth/materialised.
This is my understanding of alchemy and spirituality.
Separation is a necessary step, as alchemy teaches. It is not the final step.
Alchemy does not teach that.

solomon levi
05-10-2013, 05:41 AM
i'd describe myself as a shaman, but only a shaman would know what that means.
the magic keeps getting stronger and stronger. i dreamed this so many years ago, but never knew it would be like this. i am always in awe.
i encompass everything... i survive death. what can i say?

Donna Matrix
05-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Poetry to my tired ears! Find God and bring him back here, Sol! That is the work of redemption, then mix it all together and bake it togehter until it reaches perfection. Yum.

solomon levi
05-13-2013, 03:12 AM
You are the stone. I am the stone. Ye are gods! :)

solomon levi
05-13-2013, 03:59 AM
What I can't say on facebook, I say to you. :)
I'm too much for fb right now.
Friend me if you like:
serpentio aquila

solomon levi
06-06-2013, 12:58 AM
There is so much I can't even speak about. It's not secrecy so much as respect and wisdom.
I know that will sound hierarchical to some but I want to say you don't give matches and a
can of gas to a child to play with. Is it dangerous? Yes... dangerous to reality, to sanity. Maybe
volts or watts through a light bulb is a better analogy. Is it false/egotistical to think my words
could have such an effect? Not at all to me. In my daily life i don't even have to say a thing.
What changes do i make? I don't have a plan... this is why I have argued this on the forums -
that God has no plan. Let's see if I can explain it... it's like power and planning are the two sides
to the uncertainty principle - you emphasize one and you lose the other. I'd say I am a powerful
dreamer... the ability to manifest dreams... but I have so few dreams of my own, which is where
my power comes from. Was that clear? If I had personal dreams, I would have less power to
manifest them. But I manifest others' dreams really well, especially if i love them, know them as
good people. But good doesn't mean they don't have darkness or baseness... it means they are open
about it - not false/hiding/showing only what they'd like you to see. Those are "good" people to me.
They can progress - liars cannot until they address their split. Their desire to be hidden is an astral
barrier that doesn't let energy flow in and out so freely, so it would take some preparation and
deconstruction before they can manifest dreams. We see this often when I assist people they will
become aware of it in dreams first. This is the same astral barrier where impressions are tested and
weighed between the subconscious and the conscious to see if they can manifest as concrete reality.
I help everyone who asks me... but often their manifestations are waiting at that barrier for them to
open the door from the other side... them's the rulez. :) At least for me, for people who respect and
love the Dharma/balance. As Jesus said, ask and you shall receive... knock and the door shall be opened...
I am the door, I am the way, the truth and the Light... etc. Jesus isn't a person so much as an individual
aligned with the whole. Generally, the whole and the individual are poles/opposites. To be an individual and
allow the whole through you, and vice-versa, is the state or place of the door/gate between the conscious
and subconscious, the manifest and unmanifest, concrete reality and dreams/visions/ideas... This place exists
in many ways, psychologically, neurologically, anatomically, geometrically, archetypally...
Just as the presence of truth (in humans as "christs") affects the world without even trying, so too will the world
fight to not be affected... it was not and is not optional for christ not to be crucified... it's not like, "oh, those stupid
people... we'd do different today." No, we don't do different... everyone fights this to the degree that they are not
yet aligned with it. It doesn't matter... a christ doesn't want to avoid this... it is the transmutation, the graduation.
Without any ego or bragging, I wish I could speak more about how these things are happening to me without any
effort or desire to be christlike on my part... I am simply walking the Dharma, being my best version of myself for
myself, for challenge and adventure. I don't seek recognition. I just want to share what's possible. I am reporting a
view, just like everyone else.
In part I am silent because i know voicing some things will speed them up. :) and it's a little intimidating... I'm already
moving so fast. But we each do this by what we voice, what we share... we define our place, our ability. There's an
evolution to speaking... first we are ignorant and say all sorts of opinions and second-hand knowledge - we talk alot
subjectively in this phase. Then we meet something real and we get confused and talk less but ask questions more.
Then we find answers and some things that are relatively objective and are excited to share this so talk and teach to
our past versions and peers. Then you realise there's no end to it and it doesn't really matter if you teach or not because
only life can cause real change, and you see that by talking you are conditioning the prima materia and this is something
you really have no personal interest in doing. You, perhaps, can see how such a person is just like the sun/christ... it
makes everything possible, but isn't really personal. It/We shine because that's what there is to do... the less closed gates
we place on the whole, the more we shine... until we ascend to another octave/exponent/dimension.
I am a star that died long ago. These words are just an echo of the light through billions and billions of years of space-time.
I'm totally serious. And you're just like me. The only difference is in what we emphasize... our centers of gravity. All matter
comes from stars and IS stars... you are the aura of stars... the electron cloud of a nucleus we call a star... I leave it to you
to realise the implications. What isn't possible? What power is outside of you? It is equal to your self-definition/realisation.

solomon levi
10-09-2013, 04:47 AM
I perceive that I am the stone. There are some things that take a lot of time, many more circulations, but there is nothing impossible to me.
If I multiply myself more, those things will take less time. There are some things which I can manifest quickly and consistently already.
Life is good. The seven circulations have to do with the seven chakras and seven bodies/levels... whatever. As you expand your idea of yourself,
expand your awareness of your self as the universe, you come into these other bodies, exercise and activate them, and they have faster times/frequencies,
so when you realise how to intend through those bodies, things/events manifest faster. But all of your dreams will come true through your genetic lineage
eventually (and everyone is your genetic lineage), so you are already the stone. There is just one operation: multiplication, in quantity/size and power...

solomon levi
12-19-2013, 04:20 PM
"On the banks of the river Narmada, he met Gaudapada, a famous philosopher and seer, who had attained knowledge of the Reality. Shankara asked the old man for initiation..."
"Neither by the practice of Yoga or of Sankhya philosophy, nor by good works, nor by learning, does liberation come; but only through a realization that Atman and Brahman are one - in no other way." - Shankara, Crest-Jewel of Discrimination

I am "enlightened", whatever that means. I have "knowledge of the Reality".
I am not saying this for attention or wanting recognition or agreement or anything. Just stating it for posterity.
I am not saying i have reached some final, conclusive state... this enlightenment is infinite and eternal and therefore
is just like everyone else who is some where in the infinite eternal finite time thing no-thing.
I'm not special. Mostly all i can do is talk about this, but it doesn't make sense to those who haven't realized it,
so I mainly keep it to myself, go to work, perform my tasks, appear just like every other person.
But you never see me have a bad day. Though i do have ups and downs, they are meaningless to me, but you might
see them and say I'm not enlightened or whatever. I am very empathic and connected and this makes my ability to
feel, to heal, to know someone's mind, etc, more pronounced, but it is because I am one with everything so i don't
even have to try. I am one and separate. I play the game without investment. I completely understand Jesus, Buddha,
Rumi, Shankara... all the enlightened writings and poems. I write my own quotes all the time and think they are genius.
I find myself living the life of Christ all the time, parallels everywhere.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. As enlightened as I am, I keep seeing more and more of Infinity and it never gets old.
Being "enlightened" is really nothing other than not doing what doesn't work, putting away childish toys, not believing
in "your" mind, "your" thoughts, "your" ego... there is no "you" separate from the Whole. Brahman and Atman are one.

Bless you all
<3 Sol

solomon levi
12-19-2013, 04:29 PM
There are some who BELIEVE that an enlightened person won't admit s/he is enlightened.
An enlightened person is just like you - they do whatever they want. If they want to tell, they tell. Do not imagine rules for the enlightened. Being enlightened is not staying within a defined set of rules... it is not limitation... it is limitation-unlimitation.

What i can say to you is that most people don't understand the simplicity of One. One isn't "not two"... One is the Whole, all-inclusive infinite including the exclusive and finite. Some people think enlightenment is just being unlimited, just unconditional, just freedom, etc... No, it's the Whole. This is why no one else can judge/measure another's enlightenment... there are no absolute signatures of it... there are no rules.

solomon levi
12-19-2013, 05:11 PM
I could say that enlightenment is knowing that you are never not somewhere in this Infinite-finite fractal,
and that all those places are the same-difference... right where you are, is everything you'll ever need.

solomon levi
02-01-2015, 03:46 AM
hi all.
just wanted to let you know that i can't reply to private messages. since i am no longer a moderator, my message capacity shrank and i am over limit by some 74 messages and it would take some time to go through them and clean it up. anyway, thanks for your messages. just wanted to explain why i haven't been able to reply back. :)