PDA

View Full Version : sulfate, sulfide, alums, etc

solomon levi
02-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Pleroma
Slightly olivine color? vitriol?
I was just reading the book De Re Metallica. and it talking about some green salt that seperates from alum when dipped in urine. floats on top like you said...
I also read that melanterite resembles wool.

Posted by solomon levi
You are being lead to research sulfates Pleroma?
The path took me there as well. I see a connection with the limestone.
Leo Retilus used to talk about the pyrites and marcasites all the time.
And now Rogerc, when this discussion on limestone began, also mentioned
gypsum and selenites. I myself made this connection with alums last night
and then explored it to the other sulfates. I'll start a new thread and expound on it.
It is significant.

From wikipedia:
Melanterite is a mineral form of hydrous iron(II) sulfate: FeSO4·7H2O. It is the iron analogue of the copper sulfate chalcanthite. It alters to siderotil by loss of water. It is a secondary sulfate mineral which forms from the oxidation of primary sulfide minerals such as pyrite and marcasite in the near-surface environment. It often occurs as a post mine encrustation on old underground mine surfaces. It also occurs in coal and lignite seams exposed to humid air. It also occurs as a rare sublimate phase around volcanic fumaroles. Associated minerals include pisanite, chalcanthite, epsomite, pickeringite, halotrichite and other sulfate minerals.

These names are significant. We know our Philosophers sometimes described these matters as flowers
growing on a mountain somewhere. Flower = anthus. Here we have mention of a black flower (mel anther)
and a white flower (chalc anthite), or lime flower or copper (chalkos) flower. We also have the desert rose
of gypsum which I'll come back to later. Mentioned above is another important flower, halotrichite, aka
rock butter, mountain leather, feather alum, hair salt, amianthus. This, with pickeringite,
are forms of asbestos which the greeks called amiantos ("undefiled, pure"). Asbestos ("unquenchable") was
in earlier times the name for limestone and not what we know as asbestos. Similarly, alabaster was the
limestone/calcite of the ancients and the gypsum of present day. There is a gematria association with
alabastron 755 and petros. Indeed, limestone is the rock or foundation which we build on. Nitre or saltpeter
is but one salt that grows in this grotto. For clarity, Peter is not saltpeter. Peter is the rock/limestone. Jesus
is the saltpeter, salt of the rock, salt of the earth, salt of the stable, etc.

"Epsomite is a hydrous magnesium sulfate mineral with formula MgSO4·7H2O or simply MgSO4. Epsomite forms as encrustations or efflorescences on limestone cavern walls and mine timbers and walls, as a volcanic fumaroles, and as rare beds in evaporate layers."

"Given that chalcanthite is found in oxidized copper deposits, it is frequently found in association with other copper minerals. Frequently associated minerals include Calcite and its polymorph, aragonite, both CaCO3"

"Halotrichite, also known as feather alum, is a highly hydrated sulfate of aluminium and iron. It is formed by the weathering and decomposition of pyrite commonly near or in volcanic vents."

Notice the presence of Vulcan and the association with limestone.

So let me give another path besides the nitre. I think you will see that the confusion of alabaster and of
asbestos were not accidental, but meant to suggest that we con-fuse/fuse together these two substances.

Let's start with alabaster as gypsum and limestone. The fusion of calcium sulfate with calcium carbonate
would produce a liver of sulfur which is capable of dissolving gold. Indeed, this may be the presumed goal
of many paths that deal with sulfurs and alkalis.
The same with alum and alkali.
"It is not by chance that the hermeticists chose the grinding stone as the hieroglyphic sign of the subject and our Adept certainly obeyed the same traditions by providing a place for it in the panels of Dampierre. We know that grinding stones have a circular form and that the circle is the conventional signature of our solvent and so of all the bodies susceptible to evolve by fiery rotation." - Fulcanelli

The circle is the alchemical symbol for alum.

Consider cinnabar and KOH path.

Consider Glauber's Golden Carbuncle:
For one part of gold, melt eight to ten parts of the sal mirabilis in a crucible (parts by volume).
Once it is fused, slowly add the gold as a powder or thin leaves. Slowly add small pieces of charcoal
to the melt. The best charcoal for this is from grape vines, but you can use oak, cedar, juniper, beech,
or boxwood also. Continue the fusion for 15 to 30 minutes, then cast the melt out onto a hot metal dish to
cool. The mass will have a deep red color due to the finely divided gold. This is the “Golden Carbuncle”
that “shines in the night like a burning coal”. Powder the mass and extract with good spirit of wine. The
extract will become deep red, with properties similar to good potable gold. The residue from the extraction
can be put through the process again to create more of the red extract which is a form of colloidal gold."

Sal mirabilis is sodium sulfate.

Consider the possibility that the rose cross is a gypsum desert rose and the cross of limestone; the product will
be a liver of sulphur.

Consider all the works that involve plant carbon and use mineral carbon instead to get a better product,
such as with oil of flints and the above Carbuncle. I think a lot is fouled up because authors hide the
mineral carbon/alkali under their plant equivalents. And as an alternative to calcium, lithium is the true
mineral salt if you can use it.