PDA

View Full Version : New moderator: Andro!

Awani
02-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Andro (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?371-Androgynus) is our newly appointed moderator.

Glad to have you on board, three (mods) is the magic number after all...

:cool:

--------------------------

Andro
02-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Andro (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/member.php?371-Androgynus) is our newly appointed moderator.

Glad to have you on board, three (mods) is the magic number after all...

Hi, everyone, this caught me a bit by surprise... but it's no biggie, really...

I can just re-post my response to Dev when he asked me if I would be willing to take the job:

Hi Dev,

I'm not the interventionist type by nature, but if it means to help keeping the forum tidy and uncluttered (and spammer free!) - I will be honored to be of assistance and lend a hand, because I really DO care a lot for this forum...

So if you think I can help out - I am open to giving it a try, but just know that my natural disposition is quite non-interventionist.
(except of course for maintaining the basic guidelines, which are important for productive communication)

Thanks for offering, I can only try to do my best and see how it works out...

A.

I strongly feel that Alchemy, with its many aspects, angles, perspectives and opinions - is a major key for human transformation/evolution/transcendence/call it what you will...

This is why it is so important to have such an open forum, free of agendas and interests (and advertizing :)), where all perspectives are welcome and diversity is respected and encouraged, in spite of the disagreements that pop out here and there...

I'll do my best to hold up the vision of this forum while keeping intervention to the lowest possible minimum.

So, you know, just respect the fact that we have different views and that all this open sharing is amazing, as long as we don't try to enforce our own views on others...

So nothing really changes, except a little more computer time for cleaning duties and a little less burden for Dev and Sol :)

---------------------------------

Seth-Ra
02-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Congrats Andro. Im sure you'll do fine with the new-found power/responsibility. :)

~Seth-Ra

---------------------------

Nibiru
02-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Congratulations on the promotion!!!

Susu
02-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Congrats on your new title! Is there a pay increase? =)

Andro
02-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Congrats on your new title! Is there a pay increase? =)

Hi Susu, do you mind if I answer you later? I'm too busy counting the money right now :) :) :)

But 'seriously'... It's actually a pay DE-crease, it's a volunteer job which is mostly janitorial :)

I've accepted it because I honestly care for this forum and I acknowledge its importance, as well as the importance of keeping it uncluttered and free of agendas, spammers, personal threats/attacks, etc... while keeping intervention to a minimum...

If at any time I will feel I am no longer able to do this, I will resign and 'pass it on', like another friend of mine here has already done.

But thanks anyway :)

Susu
02-13-2012, 01:31 PM
So I guess I don't need to ask about Health Insurance. lol

At any rate keep up the good work. I know I may not post as much as I have wanted either due to myself still trying to learn on my own or life getting in the way but I do check the forums every day and it is always good to see everything running smoothly.

annabelle_lee
02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Congratulations of receiving the promotion. I promise to keep my section of our forums clean! :-)

By that I mean my posts.

solomon levi
11-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Thank you so much for all your help in moderation brother.
You've really made a difference. I greatly appreciate your labors. :)

Andro
11-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Dear Sol, I rarely get any words of appreciation for my janitorial work (not that I am expecting any - more often than not, I'm used to getting static :))

But THANK YOU!

I really care for this Forum and its beautiful sharing flow, so I'm trying my best to maintain the flow as well as uphold the principles upon which it was founded.
(Much appreciation to Dev is in order for this, as well)

I also do a lot of work on my computer these days, so I'm online most of the time anyway.

But the real 'problem' is the 'split personality' issue I sometimes find myself dealing with... Maybe it's because all of the thread-splitting :)

I'm sure you've experienced this once or twice, as Posting Member and Moderator at the same time - and I definitely don't want to neglect posting what I have to share, on account of cleaning detail :)

Anyway, thanks a lot and a big e-Hug!

SolX
11-15-2012, 03:47 AM
congradulations Andro.

it is a wounderful feeling to be reconised for ones tallents. well done.

solx
just another terran

III
11-15-2012, 03:57 AM
Congratulations. By your actions I knew you were but I didn't know when until this surfaced. I'll do my best to not need your attentions but then when I need them it is obvious that I don't see it.

BE IN LOVE

Awani
11-15-2012, 04:12 AM
Dear Sol, I rarely get any words of appreciation for my janitorial work

That is because good janitorial work is not noticed. :)

------------------------------

Andro
11-15-2012, 04:27 AM
Thanks everyone. Actually, I've been doing this since February 2012 :)

Maybe I need to wear a badge! LOL

(I never considered it necessary, but maybe it's a good idea to replace 'Contributor' with 'Moderator' or something, even though they're both ways of contributing, be it time, money, or both :) - although I really like the Indigo color on 'Contributor')

it is a wounderful feeling to be reconised for ones tallents. well done.

IF I were looking for recognition, I'm not sure these are the talents I would have wanted to be recognized for - but thanks anyway :) I'm actually quite a hermit in 'real life'...

That is because good janitorial work is not noticed. :)

Yeah... I usually try to be inconspicuous.. that's why it's mostly noticed when I have to be the 'bad guy' with the (very few) troublemakers who passed though our gates :o

I'll do my best to not need your attentions but then when I need them it is obvious that I don't see it.

Now that you mention it, maybe you could save me some work on fixing those quotation brackets, of which you sometimes leave a few visible 'spare ones' in your posts :) I fix them wherever I find them, but only for aesthetic reasons :)

You should also know that I really enjoy your posts, even if I partially disagree with some of them. But that's not the moderator in me speaking, this is the regular forum member (for almost three years now)...
In particular, I personally find your B12 related research to be bold, pioneering and truly groundbreaking - and even more so since it is based on direct, personal experience (for which there is no substitute).

Thanks.

III
11-15-2012, 05:55 AM
Thanks everyone. Actually, I've been doing this since February 2012 :)

Maybe I need to wear a badge! LOL

(I never considered it necessary, but maybe it's a good idea to replace 'Contributor' with 'Moderator' or something, even though they're both ways of contributing, be it time, money, or both :) - although I really like the Indigo color on 'Contributor')

IF I were looking for recognition, I'm not sure these are the talents I would have wanted to be recognized for - but thanks anyway :) I'm actually quite a hermit in 'real life'...

Yeah... I usually try to be inconspicuous.. that's why it's mostly noticed when I have to be the 'bad guy' with the (very few) troublemakers who passed though our gates :o

Now that you mention it, maybe you could save me some work on fixing those quotation brackets, of which you sometimes leave a few visible 'spare ones' in your posts :) I fix them wherever I find them, but only for aesthetic reasons :)

You should also know that I really enjoy your posts, even if I partially disagree with some of them. But that's not the moderator in me speaking, this is the regular forum member (for almost three years now)...
In particular, I personally find your B12 related research to be bold, pioneering and truly groundbreaking - and even more so since it is based on direct, personal experience (for which there is no substitute).

Thanks.

You are welcome. I work from experience whenever possible. I'll do better on all those excess quotation brackets, but I only have a day or so to edit. After that I have to suffer through all the typos etc that I would normally fix over time, also for aesthetic reasons. There are a whole lot of things I don't say because I can't satisfy myself with how I'm trying to say it.

BE IN LOVE

----------------------------

Awani
11-15-2012, 06:24 AM
but I only have a day or so to edit.

Yes, I wish we could have unlimited edit time but alas it could result in people utterly changing their posts and this would be confusing reading the replies. But we always try, if we see obvious mistakes like BB code (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode) errors and such, to fix these. A PM also works if their is a particular mistake that needs to be corrected.

I do get the urge to correct every single spelling mistake, but I choose not to because firstly I'd end up doing that all day long LOL!, and secondly sometimes mistakes are there for a reason... sometimes they change the mood of a post... and for all those non-native English speakers it gives character to their posts. We don't see our faces so any help in this area is always good. For instance your (III) posts I could recognize without knowing you wrote them merely in the way you format them (be it intentional or not). :)

Diversity always works.

And let me also add that Andro & Sol are both the best moderators we could have and there is a lot of talk behind the scenes (which many might not know) in order to make the forums be what they are in terms of easy navigation and flow of threads and general atmosphere.

Actually, I've been doing this since February 2012 :)

Not longer? I feels like it has been for at least a couple of years... sometimes time does not fly, but go slow...