PDA

View Full Version : Pleased to be here

Pirandello
02-26-2012, 06:53 AM
Hi, I'm looking forward to reading and posting here. I've enjoyed an interest in alchemy and hermetic philosophy for a couple of decades, anyway. My interest was born out of some inner experiences/visions in which I was first: introduced by the "child" to the "king," and made welcome in a place I have to name Tiphareth, (though I didn't know the name of that place or its significance to me personally at the time,) and later, one in which a being in the form of a woman, shrouded in black, herself blackened and corrupted, dissolved and transformed into a being in the form of a woman clothed in white, herself now pure and shining with light, who embraced me and welcomed me and put into my hand a trine-natured "puzzle" to solve.These visions, which were experienced by me as being vastly more "real" than the day to day, precipitated my alchemical and hermetic studies and meditations, and all these years later, I am still working away on that puzzle. Maybe I'll find a few more answers here. My approach to the study of Alchemy has been entirely solitary, and as you might guess from this intro, largely through symbol. Because of what I experience as a severe allergy to the actual learning of concrete facts and figures, my approach, though necessarily based in rich tradition, is also almost entirely intuitive. Thanks, Pirandello

Ghislain
02-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Because of what I experience as a severe allergy to the actual learning of concrete facts and figures, my approach,
though necessarily based in rich tradition, is also almost entirely intuitive.

Welcome Pirandello

I can relate to where you are coming from. I too rely more on intuition than facts, although facts have a place if your trying to win an
argument :) <- that was a joke...the second part.

I look forward to sharing with you.

Ghislain

Pirandello
02-26-2012, 09:38 AM
HA! Then you and I, recognizing our deficits, will just have to agree never to argue! :)

Awani
02-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Welcome Pirandello!

:cool:

Nibiru
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Hello Pirandello, and welcome!! May you someday solve the puzzle :)

solomon levi
03-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Greetings!

Susu
03-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Very interesting path. We all find different paths but all go in a similar direction. Welcome!