PDA

View Full Version : Position of a community: reincarnation

dragon
04-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Hello, I am new to alchemy, and this forum, but not to the concept of it all. I have been getting opinions across the internet and was wondering what some people on here thought. (Please move this post if it is not in the correct location.)

I do have a question for members of the site, and after doing a search, I only found one comment. My question is about reincarnation of one species to another, mainly, the reincarnation of an animal or other sentient/intelligent being in to a human physical body. What do you think of this? Do you think it is a spiritual trait of many (to have had a body of a non-human in a physical scenes)? Please feel free to construct a point of view that is not against site rules, but represents your true feelings if you wish to disclose them.

One more question for those who have herd of the term "Otherkin." How does this reflect on your view against what you associate with the otherkin community?

Nibiru
04-03-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm unsure but it seems possible to me.

Metempsychosis:

Metempsychosis (Greek: μετεμψύχωσις) is a philosophical term in the Greek language referring to transmigration of the soul, especially its reincarnation after death. It is a doctrine popular among a number of Eastern religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Druzism[1] wherein an individual incarnates from one body to another, either human, animal, or plant.
From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metempsychosis

Apparently Pythagoras was a proponent of this philosophy:

“Pythagoras believed in metempsychosis and thought that eating meat was an abominable thing, saying that the souls of all animals enter different animals after death. He himself used to say that he remembered being, in Trojan times, Euphorbus, Panthus’ son who was killed by Menelaus. They say that once when he was staying at Argos he saw a shield from the spoils of Troy nailed up, and burst into tears. When the Argives asked him the reason for his emotion, he said that he himself had borne that shield at Troy when he was Euphorbus.

They did not believe him and judged him to be mad, but he said he would provide a true sign that it was indeed the case: on the inside of the shield there had been inscribed in archaic lettering EUPHORBUS. Because of the extraordinary nature of his claim they all urged that the shield be taken down - and it turned out that on the inside the inscription was found.” (Diogenes Laertius)
Taken from here: http://www.thebigview.com/greeks/pythagoras.html

solomon levi
04-09-2012, 12:29 AM
In my understanding/memory, when the first thought became aware of
itself as the first thought and there was awareness/consciousness and that which
was/is unaware/unconscious... the conscious points of "God" are the substance of
the universes, aeons, planes, dimensions...
After aeons, these conscious points evolved (or involved, as they are still on their
way to mass, still inorganic spirit beings) to a point where they created the creation -
suns, planets, atmospheres, mineral, plant and animals... and finally they created
bodies for themselves to occupy so that they could experience their creation mass to
mass - smell the flower, see the colors, feel the scales of a fish... etc.
Now in creating the animals, they necessarily became their creations, but then they
withdrew, particularly the individual soul - most animals operate on a collective
consciousness. It's hard to explain... mainly, they don't say to themselves "I am".
The human bodies are fairly similar, but more evolved, mainly because the "I am"
consciousness has dwelt in them for so long. It is very plausible, and a fact if you ask me,
that there are other planets in other star systems that the "I am" has identified with canines
or insects or dolphins or whatever.

Sooo... I don't think people reincarnate as animals. I think they can remember when they were
animals in their deepest soul memories... we can even become animals now, like the shamans
of north america did the buffalo dance to locate the herd. But animals are energetically different
than "I am"s. I don't see how someone could become an animal, unless they really wanted to -
anythings possible, but not for just anyone.
If one did reincarnate as an animal, it might be in a place where that animal has "I am", and I will
admit that rarely there are "I am" animals on this earth for some reason or another. But I disagree
with the generic version of someone (especially a sleeping someone) coming back as a goat or
whatever, especially to be punished. Humans get punishment enough and create psychological
hells for that between incarnations.

Maybe I'm wrong. :)

Krisztian
04-27-2012, 02:03 AM
I think the energy-substance, for lack of a better term, that our soul is can, and does, reincarnate in many forms. Not just all of the soul energy into one single body; but also can easily split into several energy forms and reincarnate in the physical world at the same time, as an animal, humanoid, rock, tree, etc. In the lower form of vegetation like a tree, I tend to believe it doesn't need as much energy as perhaps when reincarnating as a humanoid. All things are coagulated energy, and the soul can, and does, collect different experiences. The soul can have many faces, forms, etc. in reality. All is valid.

I think when we say, we're one single identity only, with a separate soul, we're more speaking here about ego, fear of loss of identity. People are generally, I noticed, fearful of the thought that maybe their precious humanoid identity, say, named Bob, is only one among many in the same soul family. In other words, that perception tends to be generated from fear.

That's my position.

Seth-Ra
05-21-2012, 07:58 AM
I meant to respond to this thread weeks ago, but forgot about it, until a mention in another thread reminded me.

To my understanding, past "memories" are just that - memories, though not of you yourself. As has been mentioned in other threads, there are things like genetic memory, and even your food affecting your emotions/thoughts due to how it felt (like slaughter houses for example). So, with your being having such family histories, and genetics flowing through it, plus the energy that makes you up (food wise, which is always being taken in), as well as location (some places jar a deep energy-memory of a similar place, or the same one, depending), one connects to, and experiences the past.

Much like how residual hauntings (non-intelegent, those that simply repeat the same thing over and over again) are like a video-recording of the past, i.e. a memory of the planet (or that specific location), so to are such inward energy memories. Our body/mind mimicking the planet's, but ours are inward memories which become our own sort of ghosts.

Why cannot the flower remember the minerals that it once was? Or the rabbit have memory which belonged to the flower (or carrot more likely), and why not the wolves having rabbit memories, and then the humans - having memories of them all, until one day the flower has a human memory? ;)

Its not that we once were - its that we all are - in this moment, in every moment, connected. :)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
05-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I have started to consider that to come back as an animal is an honour. To be for example a whale would require a nirvana state to be able to float around in the vastness of the deep without going insane. Most animals lack all the negative attributes that we humans have.

Of course we say we have skills they don't but science has changed a lot. Before animals didn't have feelings and now we know they do. Shamans have always known this but they have always been a little wiser.

:cool:

Krisztian
05-22-2012, 02:28 AM
I have once heard a 'channeling' that locked into a rock that was sitting in Siberia somewhere. I guess, what I remember from this transcript is how alive the rock itself sounded. It was waiting for a flood that was going to happen some hundred of years from it's present state. It's been 25 years since I last contemplated this transcript but I couldn't help but think how 'slow and uneventful' the experience of the rock sounded. It was very imaginative like a child playing in the garden.

Awani
05-22-2012, 05:28 AM
Good point. If you time lapse a mountain it will look like a wave. Nothing in the world is dead matter. Perhaps man made things like plastic, not sure but feels like it. Although we are here to create more novelty and new matter. Inventions are not bad in themselves only how we choose to use them.

:cool: