PDA

View Full Version : the big bang, etc.

solomon levi
04-04-2012, 01:56 PM
You've seen images of atomic bombs, the mushroom cloud.
This is the result of splitting atoms.
Do you understand the implications of that?
Something so small causing such a huge fuss.
This is the amount of potential energy that is stored in an atom.

So imagine what amount of potential energy was stored in the sleeping void
before it became self-aware and split itself. That was the big bang.

solomon levi
04-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I just watched a NOVA program that said suns can produce the
elements up to iron in the periodic table.
The factor is their age. A new sun, like those at the big bang,
produced hydrogen and through fusion of hydrogen, helium.
As suns grow older, helium fusion produces lithium and lithium fusion
produces beryllium, etc, all the way to iron with atomic number 26.
An iron producing star goes into supernova.

Andro
04-05-2012, 09:30 AM
This is brilliant :)

(and actually makes a lot of sense from the hermetical viewpoint)

Philalethes wrote something along the lines of: "An Iron Key opens the Treasure House of Gold".

PS: So the making of Iron seemingly marks the Completion of the 'Operation of the Sun' :)

solomon levi
04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
:) I was thinking along the same lines.

I would think it safe to assume that planets are necessary
to produce the rest of the elements.
And then there are elements that only man has produced, not
existing in nature.

Andro
04-05-2012, 10:16 AM
It looks like this is the case (about planets)...

As far as Man's Work is concerned - at least according to George Carlin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NBRquiS1pis) - its Completion is marked by the production of Plastic. Or the Philosopher's Stone, according to other Authors :)

I don't really know anything about the science of it, but if I understand/deduce correctly from what you said - the sun does not make heavy metals.

Still (for those who know), is there any radioactivity involved with the sun's operation?

If yes, does it involve radioactive isotopes of elements among the lower numbers in the periodic table?

I am curious to know more about the 'exoteric' operations of the physical sun.

Seth-Ra
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
My understanding of it was that when the suns/stars go supernova, that it is then they have the energy to produce the heavier elements. I believe the wording went something like "When your element factory doesnt have the energy to make the heavier elements, why not blow up the factory?" ;)

I could be wrong, as this isnt my field of expertise in anyway, but i think the radiation is more of a "byproduct" of the heat and pressure within the stars, and that it is the heat and pressure mostly which is smashing and colliding the nuclei of the atoms - hence fusion. :)

~Seth-Ra

MarkostheGnostic
04-05-2012, 07:38 PM
My understanding of it was that when the suns/stars go supernova, that it is then they have the energy to produce the heavier elements. I believe the wording went something like "When your element factory doesnt have the energy to make the heavier elements, why not blow up the factory?" ;)

I could be wrong, as this isnt my field of expertise in anyway, but i think the radiation is more of a "byproduct" of the heat and pressure within the stars, and that it is the heat and pressure mostly which is smashing and colliding the nuclei of the atoms - hence fusion. :)

~Seth-Ra

http://amazing-space.stsci.edu/resources/explorations/light/star-light-science.html

MarkostheGnostic
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
You've seen images of atomic bombs, the mushroom cloud.
This is the result of splitting atoms.
Do you understand the implications of that?
Something so small causing such a huge fuss.
This is the amount of potential energy that is stored in an atom.

So imagine what amount of potential energy was stored in the sleeping void
before it became self-aware and split itself. That was the big bang.

Cosmologically, there was no void, no space-time prior to 10 to the -43 seconds ago (Big Bang). And then, Zero dimensional Singularity was ALL. As soon as energy emanated (say, omnidirectionally, to form a sphere) from the Singularity, each 'line segment' of EMR described 1 dimension - length. All line segments emanating omnidirectionally, described planes and spheres (2 and 3 dimensions), as well as duration (4th dimension of Time).

Kabbalistically, the Infinite Mind, in which and of which is Eternal and Infinite, and thus, not spatial, contracted the 'space' of a Singularity, like a food vacuole in an amoeba. Into this Singularity, the Eternal Ideas, the Logos, began immediately and explosively to manifest. "FIAT LUX!" The rest is history (or in Hegalian fashion, 'His story') - literally.

solomon levi
04-05-2012, 11:34 PM
The Void is just one of the names I've learned to call it.
It kind of stuck on me. When I use it, it means simply
"all things potentially, no thing materially."
In my cosmology or creation story, there was no space-time before the big bang either.
Void doesn't suggest space-time to me - it's void - there can't be anything, space-time
included, in void. I'm sure a lot of people think 'empty space' for void. I should have
defined it better or chosen a different word. I mean to suggest 100% potential.
You used "Infinte, and thus, not spatial" which most people would equate infinite to
infinite space. Eternal, implies a beginning but no end, thus space-time. Even Ain Soph,
limitless, suggests space. I don't know if any of these words are any better than Void.

My only point I wanted to get across was that atoms have considerable size relative to
the Source or Origin, no size. So if there is enough potential in them to create a relatively
big "bang", how much more so in the Origin or all potential or first act.