PDA

View Full Version : Epilepsy

Susu
04-10-2012, 04:06 AM
I had been asked by a close friend to help someone with a severe case of epilepsy. Just wondering if there is anything out there that can help. I was planning on making an elixir using blue vervain but if there are better herbs I am all for it. I know the request seems fairly blunt but this is the first real medicine that isn't just maintaining or improving health but more of a life style so I figured I can use some help from the great minds of the people on this forum.

Andro
04-10-2012, 04:16 AM
I had been asked by a close friend to help someone with a severe case of epilepsy. Just wondering if there is anything out there that can help. I was planning on making an elixir using blue vervain but if there are better herbs I am all for it. I know the request seems fairly blunt but this is the first real medicine that isn't just maintaining or improving health but more of a life style so I figured I can use some help from the great minds of the people on this forum.

John French (The Art of Distillation) has a few recipes for the 'Falling Sickness'. The last one specifically mentions epilepsy:

THE ESSENCE OF MAN'S BRAINS

Take the brains of a young man that has died a violent death, together with the membranes, arteries, veins, nerves, all the pith of the back, and bruise these in a stone mortar until they become a kind of pap. Then put as much of the spirit of wine as will cover it three or four fingers breadth. Then put it into a large glass so that three parts of four be empty, being hermetically closed. Then digest it half a year in horse dung. Then take it out and distill it in balneum and cohobate the water until the greatest part of the brains be distilled off.

A scruple or two of this essence taken in some specific water once in a day is a most infallible medicine against the falling sickness.

A FAMOUS SPIRIT MADE OUT OF CRANIUM HUMANUM

Take of cranium humanum as much as you please. Break it into small pieces, which put into a glass retort well luted, with a large receiver well luted. Then put a strong fire to it by degrees, continuing of it until you see no more fumes come forth, and you shall have a yellowish spirit, a red oil, and a volatile salt.

Take this salt and the yellow spirit, and digest them by circulation two or three months in balneum, and you shall have a most excellent spirit.

This spirit is of affinity with, if not the same as, that famous spirit of Dr. Goddards in Holborne.

It helps the falling sickness, gout, dropsie, infirm stomach, and indeed strengthens all weak parts, and opens all obstructions, and is a kind of panacea.

ANOTHER EXCELLENT SPIRIT MADE OUT OF CRANIUM, HARTS HORN, OR IVORY

Take of either of these. (If you take cranium, it need not be bruised at all, only broken into little pieces; if harts horn or ivory, you must cut them in thin pieces). Lay it piece by piece upon a net spread upon any vessel, being most full of water. Cover this net with another vessel very close. Then make the water boil, and keep it boiling three days and three nights, and in that time the bones or horns will be as soft as cheese. Then pound them, and to every pound thereof, put half a pound of hungarian vitriol uncalcined, and as much spirit of wine as will make them into a thin paste. This paste digest in a vessel hermetically sealed the space of a month in balneum. Then distill it in a retort in sand until all be dry, and you shall have a most excellent spirit.

This spirit is of wonderful use in the epilepsy convulsions, all fevers putrid or pestilential, passions of the heart, and is a very excellent sudorific.

This spirit may be taken from the quantity of half an ounce to an ounce in some specifical liquor.

III
04-10-2012, 07:47 PM

Hi Susu,

A severe b12 deficiency, not sure if it is adenosycobalamin and/or methylcobalamin, can cause seizures. Without these vitamins and a few other nutrients, the myelin (insulation) breaks down and cause short circuits. The way described it doesn't sound like some intentional metaphysical practice gone badly wrong but that can happen as well.

thrival
02-05-2013, 06:31 PM
I've also heard that epilepsy can be caused by parasites, tapeworms to be specific, which for their voracious appetites, can cause various deficiencies in the person. Dr. Richard Anderson who wrote "Cleanse & Purify Thyself" claims that virtually every person who followed his colon-cleansing protocol, cured their epilepsy (generally it took a 7 day fast with specific herbs and earth substances, and colonics/enemas.) These things need to be entered gradually so ther body becomes acclimated. I never got so far as his 7 day fast with herbs, but I did his "easy-does-it" protocol for 6 months and it saved my life.

Oriah
04-19-2014, 10:22 PM
Someone I am close to suffers from seizures. I gave her valerian once, and it really helped. Now it's what we do every time. It doesn't always stop it completely (it does sometimes), but without fail it will at least turn a full blown seizure into minor twitching, in my experience.