PDA

View Full Version : Philosophers Fire - Embarrassment?

otove
04-13-2012, 07:45 PM
When acutely exposed or humiliated our bodies produce heat, the philosophers fire is said to be a purifying process where dirt and dross is burnt off, im just wondering if the philosophers fire is related to this.

III
04-14-2012, 04:34 AM
When acutely exposed or humiliated our bodies produce heat, the philosophers fire is said to be a purifying process where dirt and dross is burnt off, im just wondering if the philosophers fire is related to this.

Hi Otove,

While I have never heard of "philosopher's fire" I know of a burning that may be just that. EJ Gold descibes it so very well in LIFE IN THE LABRYNTH as he describes basking in the radiation of high voltage LOVE as the heart is being opened and which is "a purifying process where dirt and dross is burnt off". It most certainly has no relation to "embarassment" in any way. It's incredibly intense and hangs your eyeballs out to dry in a manner of speaking.

otove
04-14-2012, 10:24 AM
Hi Otove,

While I have never heard of "philosopher's fire" I know of a burning that may be just that. EJ Gold descibes it so very well in LIFE IN THE LABRYNTH as he describes basking in the radiation of high voltage LOVE as the heart is being opened and which is "a purifying process where dirt and dross is burnt off". It most certainly has no relation to "embarassment" in any way. It's incredibly intense and hangs your eyeballs out to dry in a manner of speaking.

High voltage love?!

III
04-14-2012, 05:24 PM
High voltage love?!

Hi Otove,

High voltage love?!

You bet! It's a different set of terminology perhaps but most definitely LOVE. EJ takes some chapters in his book explaining why this divine LOVE at very high voltage isn't to be confused with red paper hearts and doilies. It does burn off the dross. It is so intense unless one has experienced it there is no understanding. EJ speaks of the "sizzle" as each little piece of dross is burned away. It's a firey furnace of purification. Those who are not well prepared normally freak out big time as it is totally terrifying to those not ready. If the normal kundalini experience is 110v then this experience is 110,000,000v. The harder one fights it the more terrifying it is. It brings up all of ones fears. You know that flaming sword the guardians of the gates of the garden are said to have, it's like being stabbed through the heart with that flaming sword which then becomes the way in, the bridge of light perhaps it might be called. It takes many passes of purification before one can take it all the way.

otove
04-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi Otove,

High voltage love?!

You bet! It's a different set of terminology perhaps but most definitely LOVE. EJ takes some chapters in his book explaining why this divine LOVE at very high voltage isn't to be confused with red paper hearts and doilies. It does burn off the dross. It is so intense unless one has experienced it there is no understanding. EJ speaks of the "sizzle" as each little piece of dross is burned away. It's a firey furnace of purification. Those who are not well prepared normally freak out big time as it is totally terrifying to those not ready. If the normal kundalini experience is 110v then this experience is 110,000,000v. The harder one fights it the more terrifying it is. It brings up all of ones fears. You know that flaming sword the guardians of the gates of the garden are said to have, it's like being stabbed through the heart with that flaming sword which then becomes the way in, the bridge of light perhaps it might be called. It takes many passes of purification before one can take it all the way.

Wow, love is mentioned in many an alchemical book, but i assumed this was to do with charity, self sacrifice and compassion. Will get a copy of EJ' book, might need rubber boots though, ;)

III
04-16-2012, 03:54 AM
Wow, love is mentioned in many an alchemical book, but i assumed this was to do with charity, self sacrifice and compassion. Will get a copy of EJ' book, might need rubber boots though, ;)

Hi Otovo,

Rubber boots won't help. However getting all three books that establish the language and concept baisis can largely be obtained in THE HUMAN BIOLOGICAL MACHINE AS A TRANSFORAMTIONAL APPARATUS, LIFE IN THE LABRYNTH and THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN BOOK OF THE DEAD.. If you are into extraordinary metaphysical spiritual expieriences I would also suggest THE HIDDEN WORK: PRAYER ABSOLUTE. It is most useful in a group with a person leading the invocation/induction It's one of those things, if you remember the words you didn't experience it. If you do as instructed, you have the experience but can't remember the words of direction. The level of experience is typically by how well prepared the person is. Further, LOVE is what powers the whole thing perhaps. Consider the one heart chakra model of things instead of other chakra models. It is certainly a useful view. In efffect then everything else are sub chakras. However, this "heart" and LOVE business is a separate concept really from chakras. It is as desription based on the experience of these things, not what somebody else tried to pass on. I recognized his descriptions instantly as I had very similar experiences.

III
04-16-2012, 06:02 PM

Hi Otovo,

Looking over some old books I found another reference for you. PHILOSOPHY OF FIRE and a multitude of other books by R. Swinburne Clymer. He wrote extensively and publlished heavily editied editions of Paschal Beverly Randolph's books on sex magic. Sort of think Victorian Tantra and sex magic. What he writes is heavily veiled. However, he establishes the "fire" as LOVE. Each of his books is "thin" on content where as EJ Gold's books are incredibly "thick" of content. Gold writes as a modern American and says what he means. Clymer writes as a Victorian and dances all around sex and can never say it. Clymer's Interpretation of St John is espcially fine. Also his book on herbal medicine, Nature's Healing Remedies is state of the art herbalism circa 1900.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Swinburne_Clymer

otove
04-16-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi Otovo,

Looking over some old books I found another reference for you. PHILOSOPHY OF FIRE and a multitude of other books by R. Swinburne Clymer. He wrote extensively and publlished heavily editied editions of Paschal Beverly Randolph's books on sex magic. Sort of think Victorian Tantra and sex magic. What he writes is heavily veiled. However, he establishes the "fire" as LOVE. Each of his books is "thin" on content where as EJ Gold's books are incredibly "thick" of content. Gold writes as a modern American and says what he means. Clymer writes as a Victorian and dances all around sex and can never say it. Clymer's Interpretation of St John is espcially fine. Also his book on herbal medicine, Nature's Healing Remedies is state of the art herbalism circa 1900.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Swinburne_Clymer

Cheers III, I was reading about EJ, apparently he was a Jazz musician, sounds like he has soul! Bit sceptical about the Gurdjieff link, i had finished, "B's tales to his grandson" talk about veiled allegory, never again! Will follow up on Clymer. Thanks again.

solomon levi
05-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Perhaps this will interest you Otove:

"The tonal shrinks at given times, especially when it is embarrassed. Once the tonal has shrunk, the nagual ,
if it is already in motion, no matter how small that motion is, will take over and achieve extraordinary deeds."
Castaneda, "Tales of Power"

otove
05-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Perhaps this will interest you Otove:

"The tonal shrinks at given times, especially when it is embarrassed. Once the tonal has shrunk, the nagual ,
if it is already in motion, no matter how small that motion is, will take over and achieve extraordinary deeds."
Castaneda, "Tales of Power"

Your quote reminds me of the relationship we have with Noesis and Dianoia, Dianoia can be usurped, so it is said, when turned upon it'self, (embarrassment for example) after the dust has settled one can then access Noesis and through it achieve dominion over the animal, mineral and vegetable natures in and outside of ourselves.

...I was reading this before reading your post:

...Mercurial vapour is united to sulphureous vapour in a cavernous place which contains a saline water, which serves as their matrix. Thus is formed, firstly, the Vitriol of Nature; secondly, by the commotion of the elements, there is developed out of this Vitriol of Nature a new vapour... By this vapour, acting through the sulphur it contains, are produced the perfect metals, provided that the vapour and the locality are pure...

Something seemed to click (coagulate?), just for a moment, although it is beyond me now. Thanks for the quote Solomon!