PDA

View Full Version : Jungian archetypes

Awani
04-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Did an on-line quiz to find out my Jungian archetype.

Apparently I am INTJ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ). Only 1-4 % of the population is this one, so either I am an endangered species or a weirdo. He he... Or perhaps all alchemy interested individuals are INTJ?

INTJs are strong individualists who seek new angles or novel ways of looking at things. They enjoy coming to new understandings. They tend to be insightful and mentally quick; however, this mental quickness may not always be outwardly apparent to others since they keep a great deal to themselves. They are very determined people who trust their vision of the possibilities, regardless of what others think. They may even be considered the most independent of all of the sixteen personality types. INTJs are at their best in quietly and firmly developing their ideas, theories, and principles. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTJ#Characteristics)

If you want to have some fun check out: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Then you can google what your type represents.

:cool:

atma
04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
I got this before and I am ISTJ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTJ)!

Andro
04-16-2012, 07:26 PM
1. I came out the same type as Jung himself :) (along with Socrates...)

2. Half of every type description I've read was spot on, while every other half was COMPLETELY of the mark (hmm...)

3. Some of the questions are difficult (bordering on impossible) to answer with a simple 'Yes' or 'No'.

4. The way I know myself, I am quite likely to answer differently on different occasions. I'll test again in a few days...

5. It's a fun exercise altogether, but IMO not really much more edifying than reading your horror-scope in the newspaper.

A much more in-depth 'inquiry' (for lack of a better term) is needed to 'know' one, and I also don't resonate too much with categorization into 'Types'.

Personally, I find it very limiting.

Awani
04-16-2012, 07:28 PM
The way I know myself, I am quite likely to answer differently on different occasions. I'll test again in a few days...

He he, yes I had the same feeling.

Seth-Ra
04-16-2012, 08:56 PM
I also got INTJ. Seems to fit. :cool:

When i was taking my college classes, the psychology teacher gave us a similar test, and i had 2 scores - i dont recall what they were, if i can find my papers from that class i will let yall know. :)

I agree and see how things like this are limited - but they are neat nonetheless, for seeing a type of pattern to various human development and processing, general thinking/feeling etc. :)

~Seth-Ra

MarkostheGnostic
04-16-2012, 09:29 PM
I would like to say that this test is based on the Kiersey, and it definitely does NOT give the same results as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I was trained in the MBTI by a Zurich-trained Jungian analyst when I was his grad assistant. I administered and hand scored about 1000 of these with a cardboard template. My Lady is also very familiar with the MBTI. We are both INTPs, also 1-3% of the American population. Like the original Kiersey, this measure is not a well-documented clinical tool like the MBTI (which is a copyrighted psychological instrument). So, in this inventory, I come out as an INTJ, and I am decidedly NOT an INTJ. I am familiar with the phenomenology of the 16 types after over 30 years of giving this to my clients, and reading the manual.

Also, it is not the "archetype," but one's 'typology' that the MBTI determines. Moreover, this is a 'trait' test, not a 'state' test, and as such, it will not change over the lifespan. I have taken the MBTI over the years and it is always uncannily representative of my type. Each type has an "auxiliary function," and an "inferior function." In the case of Introverted types, the "dominant function" is always directed to the inner world, and the "auxillary function," which is secondary, is directed towards the outer world. So, for example, INTPs get an immediate intuitive grasp of a person in the world, but might not remember what that person was wearing, as a person with Sensing would. And Thinking types will have Feeling as an "inferior function." We are sometimes perceived as being 'cold fish' by dominant Feeling types, but this is not an accurate evaluation. Feelings are also in the inner world, but with dominant Thinking, we inwardly analyze our Feelings with Thinking, more than express those Feelings outwardly.

Ghislain
04-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I came out INTP

seemed to fit :)

Ghislain

zoas23
04-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I would like to say that this test is based on the Kiersey, and it definitely does NOT give the same results as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I was trained in the MBTI by a Zurich-trained Jungian analyst when I was his grad assistant. I administered and hand scored about 1000 of these with a cardboard template. My Lady is also very familiar with the MBTI. We are both INTPs, also 1-3% of the American population. Like the original Kiersey, this measure is not a well-documented clinical tool like the MBTI (which is a copyrighted psychological instrument). So, in this inventory, I come out as an INTJ, and I am decidedly NOT an INTJ. I am familiar with the phenomenology of the 16 types after over 30 years of giving this to my clients, and reading the manual.

In another forum I took this same test and some other 60 people did too (a very lame forum in which we simply play games, shame on me).. More or less 45 of us scored as INTJ... and also receiving a note that said that 4% of the population is INTJ.

We simply laughed and realized that this specific test had to be screwed up... because it didn't make much sense that almost everyone in the forum belonged to a specific 4% of the population. I scored as INTJ, but then again, so did almost everyone.

I'm hardly an expert, but I'm mostly with Markos, I think there is something wrong with this test (it can either be that the software is poorly designed or that the questions lead most people to a specific answer more than they should... or something else).

Awani
04-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Yes, well I was reading about jungian archetypes so it was really this that interested me. The quiz was just for a laugh... I am sure there are better tests online...