PDA

View Full Version : Solve et Coagula Locus et Tempori

Horacius Verger
04-18-2012, 02:59 AM
Hello;

I am new to this site and so far I have been reading several of the threads and they are fantastic. I do not consider myself an expert on alchemy but I am regularly making concoctions back on my lab and I am willing to exchange some of my experience and learn from all of you.

I began studying alchemy with my grandfather for several years without knowing it was really called alchemy. He started teaching me how to melt metals on a furnace. Then he taught me how to reduce things to black ash, then gray and finally white ash. After that he showed me how to combine components and acquire wonderful mixtures and "pretty colors".

Then one day he told me what he was doing and he told me to read a wonderful book written by Thomas Vaughan De Lumen di Lumine. It was then that I understood our previous experiments and activities. Later on he told me to learn all I could about the ancient religions, kabbalah, magic, chemistry and of course all about the ancient alchemist of the past and about their related works.

As I learnt these amazing sciences I began to understand something that he'd told me from the start. In order to start the first calcination you need a substance that no man or woman or angel or god or gnome will ever give you. Its a substance so subtle and true that will last forever and once found you will never run out of it. But first you need to find it.

I searched for this elusive substance for many years until one day I saw it right before my eyes. However, the wonderful thing wasnt the substance at all, but the things the search of this substance had done to me. As I search for it I became a better human being, directed by order and light, impulsed by goodness and a deep seething love for all had grown deep within me and now that the substance was in front of me, right before my very eyes I couldn't believe its simplicity.

I took it and had been experimenting with it for several years now. I cant say I have been able to perfect the stone but I know which way to look and in which direction to follow.

I hope to listen from you.

Until later becomes now

Seth-Ra
04-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Welcome to the forums, a very nice introduction also. :)

~Seth-Ra

Horacius Verger
04-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks Seth-Ra, I look forward to post with you in the future. Thanks for the compliment.

Awani
04-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

Nibiru
04-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Hello I enjoyed reading your introduction, cool story!!

Welcome :)

Andro
04-20-2012, 09:46 PM
I searched for this elusive substance for many years until one day I saw it right before my eyes... now that the substance was in front of me, right before my very eyes I couldn't believe its simplicity.

How would you define this substance? I would also love to hear about your personal journey leading to its discovery.

I took it and had been experimenting with it for several years now. I cant say I have been able to perfect the stone but I know which way to look and in which direction to follow.

By "took it" you mean you ingested it? Or just worked with it in other ways? Are you implying that your substance is readily available in nature? What form does it assume?

And a warm welcome to Alchemy Forums!

MarkostheGnostic
04-21-2012, 05:13 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2dt416p.jpg
Psilocybe coprophila growing on buffalo dung.

"Our precious stone is cast forth upon the dung-hill, and that which is most worthy is made vilest of the vile."

Macerate and add to the Curcurbit of the belly. Churn and heat with movement. The Essence will go into Solutio penetrating the wall of the Curcurbit, to be taken up by the inner Circulatio of the Living Sulphur, the blood. It will pass through the Heart in the thorax of the vessel, through the Throat, and into the Alembic Head, releasing its Mercury into the Lunar sphere of the Brain, giving off cold light, then descend via the Throat to give utterance of the Spirit, descending further to lighten and enlighten the Heart. The phlegm which remains in the Curcurbit, relieved of its Mercury and Sulphur, descends with its Salt into the draught - the Caput Mortem, perhaps to rise again from the feces like the Phoenix from its ashes.

rogerc
04-22-2012, 09:27 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2dt416p.jpg
Psilocybe coprophila growing on buffalo dung.

"Our precious stone is cast forth upon the dung-hill, and that which is most worthy is made vilest of the vile."

Macerate and add to the Curcurbit of the belly. Churn and heat with movement. The Essence will go into Solutio penetrating the wall of the Curcurbit, to be taken up by the inner Circulatio of the Living Sulphur, the blood. It will pass through the Heart in the thorax of the vessel, through the Throat, and into the Alembic Head, releasing its Mercury into the Lunar sphere of the Brain, giving off cold light, then descend via the Throat to give utterance of the Spirit, descending further to lighten and enlighten the Heart. The phlegm which remains in the Curcurbit, relieved of its Mercury and Sulphur, descends with its Salt into the draught - the Caput Mortem, perhaps to rise again from the feces like the Phoenix from its ashes.

Sorry couldn't resist....
Of the Salt of the Philosophers
There are three Stones and three Salts, of which the whole magistery consists, that is to say Mineral, Plant and Animal, and there are three waters, that is of Sol, of Luna, and of Mercury. Mercury is an Mineral, Luna a plant, because it receiveth in itself two Colours, Whiteness and Redness, and Sol is an Animal because it receiveth three things, that is, Constriction, Whiteness, and Redness. And Sol is called the Great Animal, and Salt Armoniac is made of it; and Luna is called a Plant and Salt Alkali is made of it, but Mercury is called the mineral Stone and common Salt is made of it. Likewise when the Philosophers saw the substance of this Art dissolved, they called it Salt Armoniac, and when it was putrefied they said our Stone was base, and is found on a dunghill, and many have dug and laboured in the dunghill and have found nothing. And when it is converted into water, then both poor and rich have it, and it is found in every place, at any time, and in every thing, although the searching aggravates the searcher. And when it was white, they called it Arsenic, and by the name of every white thing, and also Virgin's MiIk, and when it was red they called it Sulphur, Jacinth and Blood, and by the name of every red thing.

Horacius Verger
04-24-2012, 01:43 AM
This substance is the primary component for the development of the stone, however its neither of water, earth, air or fire. Its the actual building block of all matter, be it dense as well as subtle. Its both solid and essential and neither of these. With this substance one can put together the various steps required to acquire the four alchemical weapons, the Elixir, the Medicine, The Solvent and the Stone.

Ancient alchemist said it was free to all men and at the same time it was so costly that none could achieve it. Another said it was the most difficult primeval substance to find but that it was readily available in every market of the world. This Substance is what starts the Great Work and at the same time it finishes it. Without it no one could fashion the stone, be it mineral, vegetal or animal. There is no proper noun to name it, nor verb nor adjective but it is real I assure you.

By "Took it" I mean exactly that`, I grasped it in my hands and rendered it mine. However, its not readily available in nature, it has to be specially collected from nature as it shines off from reality.

MarkostheGnostic
04-24-2012, 04:42 AM
It's an a priori given, that without this substance, easily produced by a variety of foods available to the human race, is, in its raw form (Green Lion), available from most of vegetative nature, consciousness would not exist as we know it. Mirror this molecule with a similar molecule (Psilocybin), literally found on the dung heap, in a fungal vehicle, a vehicle that begins with Putrefaction, and the visionary Peacock's Tail and "Golden Road of Unlimited Devotion" might never be Known. And, except for the subtle signs of violet spores, and cyano-blueing, this 'primitive' body (Carpophore) is shunned, feared, and made "the vilest of the vile." From that 'mirror,' we find ourselves in an infinite hall of mirrors, and glimpse Eternity. Eternity, the Beatific Vision is the Stone, the Jewel in the Lotus of the Heart, The Pearl (of Great price), the Diamond Body of Adamantine, Indestructible Mind. Does one really want to believe that Jesus was a man who palmed an extract of yeast, dropped it into sugar-water, and created 'white wine' in a matter of minutes? Do people really want to reduce midrash to materialism? Is this in any way salvific?

You see, from a Jungian approach, symbols are not one-dimensional images with singular meanings. The myth of the Philosopher's Stone is, like all religious myths, open to interpretations. And unfortunately, the mentality which rejects the understanding of mythic and mercurial nature, but rather, insists upon material and historical veracity are no different from the fundamentalist Christian who cannot discern the material from the midrashic/metaphorical,mythical nature of Reality. In a time when quantum mechanics forces the 19th century materialist-minded individual to reframe physical reality as modifications of energy held in lawful patterns, many people still insist on a materialistic, reductionistic view of Reality.

There are as many versions of the Philosopher's Stone as there are versions of Jesus Christ, from the most concrete literal, through the allegorical, symbolic, and mystical (including the non-existence of a physical being, either a Docetic astral being, or even less physical - a Pure Idea without any specific historical existence - a collage of many). It all gets back to the constituents that give rise to mind, or rather, 'transmit' Mind (The One Thing) through the transient psychophysical soul we call human beinghood. My own tendency is to trust the more ephemeral, spiritual apprehensions, but it depends on our perspective. Like climbing a tree to gain perspective, we rise above the earthy roots, and past the occultation of other trees, until we are at the summit, in the wind (spirit) and light.

http://i39.tinypic.com/24cw03d.png
Serotonin

Horacius Verger
04-25-2012, 08:01 PM
There are as many versions of the Philosopher's Stone as there are versions of Jesus Christ, from the most concrete literal, through the allegorical, symbolic, and mystical (including the non-existence of a physical being, either a Docetic astral being, or even less physical - a Pure Idea without any specific historical existence - a collage of many). It all gets back to the constituents that give rise to mind, or rather, 'transmit' Mind (The One Thing) through the transient psychophysical soul we call human beinghood. My own tendency is to trust the more ephemeral, spiritual apprehensions, but it depends on our perspective. Like climbing a tree to gain perspective, we rise above the earthy roots, and past the occultation of other trees, until we are at the summit, in the wind (spirit) and light.

This is the summation of a great philosophical concept. Yes, Alchemy as a whole is absolutely spiritual, from beginning to end. If not consider the concept of the Hermaphrodite or the Griffin or the Lion Ingesting the Sun; these are all concepts related to the spiritual part of this science.

I completely agree with what you are saying, there are many aspects of the stone as well as there are many aspects of the human experience. Many times in the past I have entertained the thought of how much similar are the alchemical processes to human consciousness and behavior.

The twelve steps identified by Ripley are quite similar to behavior and attitudes of humanity. However, I also understand that the alchemist must strive to perfect the stone internally and externally.

My grandfather used to tell me that to attempt to conceive the stone through the Alchemical Cuadrivium (Nigredo, Albedo, Xanthosis, Rubledo) without understanding the deep philosophical and spiritual concepts that these represented was to attempt a foolish thing.

How can someone try to achieve the stone without understanding the deep and mysterious symbol of Death, Decay and the Cave of Caves?

How can a person try to rise through the ashes of purification without understanding what truly means the symbol of conjoining the dual natures of the King and the Queen?

How can an individual strive to perfect the stone when the most secret nature of the heavens is not known?

How can a man/woman attempt to engage into the sacred work without knowing the true significant relationship between Cronus and Mercurius?

We need to understand the ancient mysteries, the traditions and the most profound secrets and teachings in order to fully benefit from the Stone, otherwise the Work is not complete.

MarkostheGnostic
04-26-2012, 11:25 AM
All thoughtful questions. I am tending to see any involvement with laboratory practices as (1) a "controlled folly" in the words of Carlos Casteneda, (2) a field of activity in which Synchronicities can manifest, like a 'spirit' from the haze of incense smoke in ceremonial magick - a kind of 'matrix' in which the physically inexplicable, and improbable can take material form from mental substance, (3) related to #1 & 2, a Zen-like exercise in absurdity. Like the saying, 'The practitioner of Zen must learn to waste time conscientiously,' with no thought of an outcome (Satori in the former, the Stone in the latter discipline). Lastly, (4), laboratory work is as Jung said, a type of Rorschach in which the practitioner projects inner psychic contents into the outer physical contents. However, the difference between Jung's model and alchemy, is that the projection is also a transmutation of the outer, inasmuch as the physical is able to be 'charged' in magickal fashion, and reintroduced to the operator, resulting in some psychophysical effect (howsoever subtle). In the practice of hypnotherapy, for example, a client will bring me their intention for change. I will prepare the psyche of the client to become receptive to the hypnotic induction (trance induction, expectation), then feed that psychic intention back to the client, which then is more likely to 'cause an effect in conformity with his/her will,' then if [s]he simply tried to make change without going through the hypnotherapeutic process. Here the hypnotherapeutic process is compared to the stages of the alchemical process, only one works alone in alchemy, separating one's own psychic elements instead of those of a client (with dissociation).

Krisztian
04-29-2012, 08:25 PM
My grandfather used to tell me that to attempt to conceive the stone through the Alchemical Cuadrivium (Nigredo, Albedo, Xanthosis, Rubledo) without understanding the deep philosophical and spiritual concepts that these represented was to attempt a foolish thing.

I believe I understand the line of argument you (or should I say, your beloved grandfather) said, Horacius Verger.

It is quite reasonable to say that many have attempted to make the Philosopher's Stone; and let's say, they all followed the exact, true physical recipe (i.e., method of procedures, specific glassware, heating temperatures, length of each phase, astrological arrangement and timing for each phase, etc.) of the Great Work to absolute perfection. Yet, only perhaps out of the 500,000 one, a single person, was able to "complete" the work. It would seem that "something" was missing for the result was a failure for 499,999. I think it's impossible to make the Universal Medicine, unless the person is prepared within. If they haven't reached that stage in their spiritual, psychological, philosophical development, they can follow the exact, true physical recipe, and they'll fail.

The Great Work requires such a high level of inner perfection in the alchemist, superior understanding in many different fields of endeavor, that it's very, very unlikely that many would be able to complete the work, let alone in one short lifetime.

Thanks MarkostheGnostic and Horacius Verger for posting this thread.