PDA

View Full Version : my 4th distilling apparatus

driftrat
04-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Since my last visit to this site I've had some success with distilling the elixir. I'm on my 4th upgraded apparatus which now allows up to 7 distillations in 5 days. The secret is in the equipment...in this day and age a retort is for retards (with appologies to those who are PC'd). To understand this product and its use requires a steady and indifferent mind.

"those that desire this Art as a means of procuring temporal honour, pleasure, and wealth, are the most foolish…"
Hydrolith
Please note...if yout feel different than Hydrolith don't bother me for any details...

Salazius
04-25-2012, 10:30 AM
What are you talking about ? Elixir of what ?

Retort is for retards ?

Maure heads and retorts can distill at a very slow temperature and it is the best. With all the other apparatus you have to rise the temp too high.

solomon levi
04-27-2012, 12:20 AM
I got the impression that driftrat is speaking about the urine work
from the Book of Aquarius.

Krisztian
06-08-2012, 12:21 AM
What are you talking about ? Elixir of what ? Retort is for retards ? Maure heads and retorts can distill at a very slow temperature and it is the best. With all the other apparatus you have to rise the temp too high.

Modern glasswares have somewhat lost the brilliance of the Art aspect of alchemy. Retorts are very much needed to preserve the spiritus aspect of the triad: sulphur, salt, the other two; as was mentioned in other posting. You may not 'see it', the loss, but there's certainly a downgrading in the product. Also, modern retorts are very different in shape, energetically than ancient-styled. (If you go to my page, check under 'Ora et labora', I posted a photo of it. You might already know this, so forgive me for saying it).

I also played around with complex apparatus: Dewar-style condenser, 4-way Vigreux, various funnels, etc. It's fun! I own a Glas-Col DigiTroll II, which is like having the most-faithful apprentice by your side! But at the end of the day, I prefer to approach alchemy with old-styled solutions, glasswares, etc. The simpler the approach the closer I am to the path to more serious 'stones'.

That's just my experience.