PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

Awani
01-06-2009, 01:19 AM
This is a Phoenix-thread (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?t=7) from the old site (http://alchemy-forums.forumotion.com/forum.htm). Polls are reset to 0!

I am aware that there might not be a lot of IRL (in real life) meetings between alchemists since they are a shy race!

Still it would be good to know where everyone is.

For all travellers here it could be nice, if you get to know someone, to be able to offer a bed. For instance if you come to Stockholm (where I am at the moment) you are welcome to stay with me (cheaper than staying at a hotel) if you let me stay where YOU are if I ever visit that country!
Heh,

I was looking for a "Mars" or "Space" option, but I didn't see one...
So....who are,or rather,is the other Australian? Or are you a Kiwi?

And Deviadah,New Zealand has two a's in it.

And Deviadah,New Zealand has two a's in it.

My bad... (I've changed it now)!

Well, I happen to know another alchemist who lives in the same city as me. We went to school together, and if it wasn't for him I'd have never got into it. I would get him on to this forum, but he isn't online right now.

He promises me he will be getting connected soon. When he does...

For all travellers here it could be nice, if you get to know someone, to be able to offer a bed. For instance if you come to Stockholm (where I am at the moment) you are welcome to stay with me (cheaper than staying at a hotel) if you let me stay where YOU are if I ever visit that country!

Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I can always use live input from an experienced Alchemist.
I'm actually from Houston, Texas USA.
Ive just moved and am now in the St. Paul, MN area. Land of 10,000 lakes and 10 million mosquitoes.

Awani
01-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Forgot to add the USA, fixed it now!

:)

Vlad
02-06-2009, 05:40 PM
I'm from Belgium. Speak dutch and french. Anyone near?

ThPhARTh
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM

Yes! Belgium as well

Dizardos
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM

I live in the Netherlands which is relatively speaking nearby.

Vlad
02-06-2009, 06:43 PM
We could meet up sometime. I'm from Gent. pm me if you're interested

Salazius
02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
France !

Zephyr
04-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Newfoundland, here.
-A-

Aleilius
04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
Wow, our members are spread all over the world! Such a thing never ceases to amaze me.

We transcend all borders and language to unite under a single common interest - alchemy! :D

Seth-Ra
04-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Wow, our members are spread all over the world! Such a thing never ceases to amaze me.

We transcend all borders and language to unite under a single common interest - alchemy! :D

It surprises me a bit also. i think its really neat. With so many languages/diversities, we also then, have more knowledge and texts around that we might not otherwise have any knowledge of. :)

im in the United States of America by the way. :cool:

~Seth-Ra

delphinny
08-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Is anyone out there in Southern California??

Adam

rockfate1111
08-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Hey,

I live in Southern Ca. I am in the Long Beach area... What area are you from?

-Will you be attending the Alchemy conference in October at the L.A. convention center?

Glad to know a fellow alchemist in Cali.

-Rockfate1111

Awani
08-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Will you be attending the Alchemy conference in October at the L.A. convention center?

If you go then I expect a full report here in the forums!

;)

MarkostheGnostic
08-22-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm in south Florida. Ponce de Leon supposedly found the Fountain of Youth here, but all I see are a preponderance of elderly people :rolleyes:. The kids grow up too quickly. I mean, the bodies and it's drives grow faster than the mental or spiritual (including moral, between the two) development. Eleven year old girls shouldn't be volunteering to perform felatio on 13 year old boys on staircases, while cutting class, particularly when there are cameras in the stairwells. See what I mean? What is this - too much Sulphur in the mixture? But I digress. Lot's of Sulphur and Salt, little Mercury, generally speaking. So those badly behaving kids just turn into badly behaving older kids (I hesitate to say adults - some people grow up, others just grow older). Rant over.

Robin Grey
01-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Virginia, USA.

Awani
04-04-2010, 12:03 AM
I live in the Netherlands which is relatively speaking nearby.

Getting a flat in Amsterdam, they have a wicked library (http://www.ritmanlibrary.nl/index.html) there.

:cool:

Lapis Solaris
03-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Earthquake central, i.e. New Zealand. ;)
I live about an hour and a half drive away from Christchurch actually, we had a fair rumbling but no damage here.

vega33
03-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Earthquake central, i.e. New Zealand. ;)
I live about an hour and a half drive away from Christchurch actually, we had a fair rumbling but no damage here.

I'm actually in the Auckland area... good to hear of another NZ person into the art :D. All those earth rumblings must sure get one to thinking about the life processes of the earth! Rotorua and its surrounding hot springs is food for thought already, CHC just adds to the mix.

Lapis Solaris
03-06-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm actually in the Auckland area... good to hear of another NZ person into the art :D. All those earth rumblings must sure get one to thinking about the life processes of the earth! Rotorua and its surrounding hot springs is food for thought already, CHC just adds to the mix.

Oh well that's interesting, I have family that live in Auckland also. Yes it's nice to see other kiwis into Alchemy on here :D
Ahh a volcano ready to erupt haha, I did consider whether to stay or get out of the country but I think/feel/understand for now I should stay put. We'll see what happens soon, I suppose. ;)

Donna Matrix
03-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Japan got hit twice today. Im in Socal. Pulled most of my crystals to the floor waiting for one to hit here. I've heard deep rummblings. God Bless you kiwis! And God Bless everyone everywhere now.

Skylite
04-27-2011, 10:01 PM
I live in the United States North Carolina if anyone wants to meet up with me pm but remember I'm 13 so I have a limit to as how far I can go in my area

mooochooo
06-23-2011, 02:30 PM
on the same planet as everyone else.

feel we need to be able to foster our own growth,
most effective as a distributed process.

This way the knowledge blanket has better coverage.

thoth
06-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Hi

It would be nice to have a more detailed breakdown of countries.so people in same countries, could perhaps even get in contact. I am in "Europe" - a lot of countries ......

Awani
06-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Yes I know, but I think number of choices are limited (10), and as you can see I used them all. There are hundreds of countries. But post a thread with your location. I got one myself:

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1598-Amsterdam

...although no alchemists there... yet anyway.

Ghislain
06-24-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm in the United Kingdom...

Must be on my own :(

Ghislain ;)

Susu
08-25-2011, 02:34 AM
I am in Orlando, Florida. Always wanted to meet any fellow hidden or shy alchemists. I am still fairly new to everything so having a companion to practice or learn with would be of great value. If anything I always got the faceless, bodiless, collectives on this forum. :D

annabelle_lee
01-28-2012, 01:18 PM
I live in Texas, USA. Although I'll be moving to Mankato, MN in the next few months.

DanceofRebirth
01-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm in Asia (Shanghai, China) at the moment, but I'll be relocating to San Francisco California within the year. ^_^!

pteh
02-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi All,
Giordano Bruno's land here.

black
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi All
I am in Australia.

Not many alchemists here,it is sooooo good to have this forum.

Thank You All.

MarkostheGnostic
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Miami, Florida for me. I wish I could say I like it here, but the 'Sunshine State' has given me a melanoma, basal cell carcinoma (surgery tomorrow, 9:00 am), and a cataract. I am becoming more of my Cancerian, Moonchild self, just a tad north of the Tropic of Cancer. The women generally want to be 'hot,' the men want to be 'cool,' and one would think that people would turn out to be 'warm,' but the opposite is true - people are 'cold!' Complaining? Well, yes. Cancer is a negative sign, plus, my blood type is 'B-Negative' - so I am! Call me 'Crabby,' but that's my astrological karma. :)

If the USA is a 'body of states,' Florida is the penile peninsula, and Miami is a Karposi's Sarcoma! :( Why, Florida isn't even a proper land mass, it's a coral reef with soil dredged up from waterways and deposited. The only real rocks you'll find in South Florida have been imported! The Florida Panhandle probably has rocks, but that's because it's really just the penile peninsula's 'rock sack!' :D It's like the artificial phallus of Osiris, created by Thoth when his dis-membered (literally) body was recovered, except for the organ. Of course, the artificial phallus was magickal, as Isis was able to bear Horus from their union. God of Resurrection aside, Florida is supposed to be home for the 'Fountain of Youth,' but that'll only happen if one draws closer to the Lunar god Thoth, rather than the Solar Horus. [No offense Suso! At least you've got 'The Magic Kingdom!' We've got the highest rate of HIV/AIDS of any city in the USA for a decade now. Always use sunscreen, proper sun glasses, and condoms!]. End rant.

Ezalor
09-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Hunagry, Central-Europe.

Lunsola
03-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Virginia, USA.

bleeding yolk
08-29-2014, 06:55 PM

...not the "lunatic" , vlad.....?????

Awani
08-30-2014, 01:24 AM
...not the "lunatic" , vlad.....?????

From Rules & Guidelines (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/announcement.php?f=2&a=3):

The following is an absolute NO (either in posts or private messages):
- Personal attacks

Also not sure how true it is but see THIS (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?502-Turning-monoatomics-back-to-metal&p=22828#post22828)

bleeding yolk
09-02-2014, 03:16 PM
From Rules & Guidelines (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/announcement.php?f=2&a=3):

Also not sure how true it is but see THIS (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?502-Turning-monoatomics-back-to-metal&p=22828#post22828)

.......i was sent a PM from "the fool" concerning this..........thanks again.......:o

elixirmixer
10-11-2016, 12:11 PM
I just wanted to know, who lives in Australia, and approx where?

I live in the limestone coast at the bottom of South Australia...

If there are any alchemists near by, i would love to share my equipment and experiences in exchange for theirs, perhaps do a project together ect...

I encourage other areas to do the same, and collaborate, in person, as well as online which I'm sure you have already been doing..

Ciao.

Edit:

I would like to find a colleege to work along side with.

Two heads are better than one.

Two labs are better than one.

Jesus Christ - "Where two or more are gathered in my name, I AM with them."

Let me know if you'd like to work together

ghetto alchemist
10-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Not very many Aussies here I'm afraid, even fewer in SA.

I'm NSW.

Axismundi000
10-12-2016, 07:36 AM
You could supplement this with FaceTime/Skype but the other person/people I think, need to at least be in the same hemisphere for the occasional face-to-face meeting.

zoas23
10-12-2016, 07:45 AM
You could supplement this with FaceTime/Skype but the other person/people I think, need to at least be in the same hemisphere for the occasional face-to-face meeting.

I'll be travelling across Europe next year, vacations with my GF who has to work in Spain from March to June (probably during July, because I'm joining her after she finishes her job in Barcelona)... Too early as to make plans, but I expect to see some of the cute faces who hang around this place.

Other than that, I'm in Argentina, but I think everyone knows it.