PDA

View Full Version : Most dangerous drugs

Awani
05-01-2012, 04:04 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/broadband/tx/drugs/survey/

It even has a death toll (this applies only to the UK). What is funny is that Cannabis has had 1 person die... what did he do? Choke on a pizza?

I kind of knew these stats from before, and we have talked about it before also, but I just think it is so funny that we allow cigarettes and alcohol in our society... clearly we can't handle it. Tobacco itself is not bad I don't think, neither is alcohol... but we as a race just have an addictive behavior for some reason.

There is no point engaging in escapism, we can't escape. We will all face death and the unknown. Probably healthier if we all grew bigger balls.

:cool:

Seth-Ra
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM
There is no point engaging in escapism, we can't escape. We will all face death and the unknown.

So true. In the words of Musashi:

“Generally speaking, the Way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death”

It seems the population as a whole has become rather afraid of such inevitability. Sad, that.

Probably healthier if we all grew bigger balls.

Couldnt agree more with the spirit of that statement. :)

You said in another thread:

...and in the end we discover that even death itself is an illusion.

The illusion part being that its a ceasing of being. In truth, it is a transformative Gate of existence, and i for one see every weapon as a key to unlocking said Gate. :cool:
(and to that end, anything can be a "weapon", just as anything can be an "idol" - perception, context, All is One, etc...)

What is funny is that Cannabis has had 1 person die... what did he do? Choke on a pizza?

That is funny. lol XD
I also found the list of side-effects funny for that one:

in high doses it can bring on paranoia and short-term memory loss. Use can also lead to some form of dependency.
Im no expert, but that doesnt sound very... confident in its statement. lol and i know plenty of people exhibiting those symptoms without the cannabis. lol ;)

~Seth-Ra

Krisztian
05-28-2012, 03:52 PM
I kind of knew these stats from before, and we have talked about it before also, but I just think it is so funny that we allow cigarettes and alcohol in our society... clearly we can't handle it. Tobacco itself is not bad I don't think, neither is alcohol... but we as a race just have an addictive behavior for some reason.:cool:

From my experience in the concurrent disorder field, I think it strongly depends on why we use such substances? In the aboriginal cultures, sharing tobacco was sacred, and it was part of initiation. Alcohol, same story. In European cultures, it provides additional flavours to meals; and it also used to mean, to celebrate and share the 'spiritus' when one engages in wine-drinking. Coca-leafs, what we manufacture cocaine from, were also used in mountainous areas to help with safe passage. One doesn't need to carry heavy food-supply for energy, one just needs to be on the move to escape the attention of wild animals.

In recent times, these substances became dependent upon for completely different reasons. It's a mood-altering device, and most people don't know how to live with their emotions.