PDA

View Full Version : Hermes Trismegistus Old and True Natural Path - now available in English

sam
05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Months ago I read thru the well known transcript of the above book which is available for quite some time for download on the web. Many places in the text were hard to understand and when comparing it with the original (at the Bavarian state library) I found numerous transcription errors. I corrected those and the pdf of the corrected German file will be made available for download shortly.

In the meantime I was doing a quick-and-dirty translation into English which later evolved into a quite precise albeit not very eloquent translation. An alchemist friend from the US came to help with editing and polishing and now the texts is very readable, has proficient explanations (as footnotes) of hard-to-comprehend parts and contains both English and German texts in one book for comparison.

Its availabel from LULU:

Des Hermes Trismegists wahrer alter Naturweg (Leipzig, 1782) (http://www.lulu.com/shop/ich-a-true-freemason/hermes-trismegistus-old-and-true-natural-path/paperback/product-20096407.html)

sam
05-02-2012, 11:19 AM
there seems to be a way to get some % off the price at LULU using this link, although, being German, I do not entirely understand how this works:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/lulu.com

sam
05-03-2012, 10:59 AM
You can d/l the German part of the book which has been corrected and normalized with the original here:

http://alchemie.m31.de/hermes-pdf.html

vega33
06-29-2012, 04:20 AM
I've just received word my copy of this is about to ship, so I can read/review it over the next month. Glad that an English copy of this is finally out there in the wild! Der Compass der Weisen is a great classical text, so I'm interested to see how this compares.

Illen A. Cluf
06-29-2012, 11:50 PM
I've just received word my copy of this is about to ship, so I can read/review it over the next month. Glad that an English copy of this is finally out there in the wild! Der Compass der Weisen is a great classical text, so I'm interested to see how this compares.

I received mine a few weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the best and most revealing texts that I have come across. You have to read it very carefully to catch the hints - which are actually quite open and bold. It has opened a whole new meaning of the initial preparation for me.The rest of the entire procedure is surprisingly explained very openly in very great detail.

In short - it is far more than worth the purchase price. I'm not making a pitch for the translator - I don't even know him.

A companion book of the very same caliber is Récréations Hermétiques (Hermetic Recreations and Scholies) which has never knowingly been published in English before. It says much of the same, and fills in some of the gaps not explained in Naturweg and the two should definitely be read together.

An English translation, the first of its kind, will be published in the near future by someone I know. These two books together are a must-have, and will give insight into the method of Cyliani.

Illen

Krisztian
06-30-2012, 12:00 AM
A companion book of the very same caliber is Récréations Hermétiques (Hermetic Recreations and Scholies) which has never knowingly been published in English before. It says much of the same, and fills in some of the gaps not explained in Naturweg and the two should definitely be read together. An English translation, the first of its kind, will be published in the near future by someone I know. These two books together are a must-have, and will give insight into the method of Cyliani. Illen

Thank you Gentlemen for posting this title! I appreciate it.

I have a strong attraction to Cyliani. Happy to hear your comment.

vega33
07-07-2012, 09:30 AM
I received mine a few weeks ago. As far as I'm concerned, this is one of the best and most revealing texts that I have come across. You have to read it very carefully to catch the hints - which are actually quite open and bold. It has opened a whole new meaning of the initial preparation for me.The rest of the entire procedure is surprisingly explained very openly in very great detail.

In short - it is far more than worth the purchase price. I'm not making a pitch for the translator - I don't even know him.

A companion book of the very same caliber is Récréations Hermétiques (Hermetic Recreations and Scholies) which has never knowingly been published in English before. It says much of the same, and fills in some of the gaps not explained in Naturweg and the two should definitely be read together.

An English translation, the first of its kind, will be published in the near future by someone I know. These two books together are a must-have, and will give insight into the method of Cyliani.

Illen

I'd tend to agree on the basis of what I've already read of the text since receiving it this morning... It is essentially speaking of salt as the first coagulations of the spirit, attracted as it is to water, as we know orgone is, which is what makes the statement of the translators of Fulcanelli that much more interesting about the smell of calcined sea salt. I've known the word since my experiments with Von Wellings experiment, it is interesting seeing it confirmed over and over again in the works of the masters, more so I.C.H, considering his place in the tradition, especially in the case of having been one of the true initiators of Westcott's, albeit post hummus ;)

Draconisnova
07-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I get my copy yesterday, i was surprised how fast was the shipment, since i live in Europe it surpass all my expectations.

About the book it self, is very similar to Fulcanelli in my opinion, he have the same ideas and concepts, the translation is very good, but there are some Latin words that in my opinion could have a different meaning,

For what i have read (only 40 pages) the Prima Materia could be two things, or is urine or something extracted from human body or dew. And like Fulcanelli it tells the importance of the 3 repetitions to raise the stone, and this not many alchemist consider important or consider at all. First we need to extract the Philosophical Mercury, then another repetition to extract the Sun and the Moon, then mix all together and we have our true Rebis.

Nice job, i would like to have more books this kinds, many Latin manuscripts full of useful material, but their not available to everyone since this lingua mortis is not easy to decode.

Draconisnova

Krisztian
07-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Nice job, i would like to have more books this kinds, many Latin manuscripts full of useful material, but their not available to everyone since this lingua mortis is not easy to decode.

I concur. The translator, Gunner Kossatz, has done an impressive job; I believe his consultation with 'fk-alchemie forum' probably didn't hurt either.

I'm quite taken by the clear descriptions, in other words 'plain English'. It comes just at the right appropriate time for me in my work.

sam
08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
I concur. The translator, Gunner Kossatz, has done an impressive job; I believe his consultation with 'fk-alchemie forum' probably didn't hurt either.

I'm quite taken by the clear descriptions, in other words 'plain English'. It comes just at the right appropriate time for me in my work.

That you for the flowers - I have to add I am a total greenhorn with little over a year experience in alchemy. This text was hinted at by some of the "old hands" at the above mentioned forum and the translation was originally only meant as a help for an american friend with whom our small group of enthusiasts share infos on a regular basis. He should receive all praise for the final English form, into which he transcribed my rough original translation from German.

And yes, the impressive Latin-to-English interpretations are entirely from the old-hands-group of fk-alchemy.

sam
08-09-2012, 06:22 PM
I get my copy yesterday, i was surprised how fast was the shipment, since i live in Europe it surpass all my expectations.

LULU also prints inside the UK, so it depends where you live in Europe - shipment to Germany was rather sluggish.

-sam

Andro
02-15-2013, 09:46 AM
A companion book of the very same caliber is Récréations Hermétiques
An English translation, the first of its kind, will be published in the near future by someone I know.
Illen

Illen,

Any news/updates about this upcoming English translation of Récréations Hermétiques?

It's been almost 8 months since your announcement :)

Andro
02-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Returning to the translation of 'Hermes' Old And True Nature Path', the inner title page contains the following alternative title:

The Secret Of How To Prepare

The Great Universal Tincture

Without Glassware

For Humans And Metals

I find the addition of 'Without Glassware' to be rather intriguing...

I have not explored the 'classical' ways in depth, as my methodology is somehow different, but I think it's definitely worth a closer look...

Illen A. Cluf
02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Illen,

Any news/updates about this upcoming English translation of Récréations Hermétiques?

Unfortunately, my friend hasn't mentioned it since. I will check with him on the status.

Illen

Illen A. Cluf
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Returning to the translation of 'Hermes' Old And True Nature Path', the inner title page contains the following alternative title:

I have not explored the 'classical' ways in depth, as my methodology is somehow different, but I think it's definitely worth a closer look...

However, he does mention the use of a crucible. As for the "vessel", he may mean the human body. I think urine or blood is hinted at.

Illen

Andro
02-15-2013, 01:11 PM
I will check with him on the status.

Please do :)

This (Récréations Hermétiques) is one book I've been wanting to read for a long time, but unfortunately French is among the languages I don't speak :o (yet...)

Andro
02-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I think urine or blood is hinted at.

Sounds likely and reasonable. Many 'classical' paths imply one or another micro/macro-cosmic 'water' as 'Our Saturn' or what not....

Oops, I just made up two 'new' elements: Mercurine & Sulfurine !

LOL :cool:

Illen A. Cluf
02-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Please do :)

This (Récréations Hermétiques) is one book I've been wanting to read for a long time, but unfortunately French is among the languages I don't speak :o (yet...)

If he doesn't publish it, I will send you a reasonably decent translation. I don't speak French, but over the years have developed a basic - although crude - understanding of the written version.

Illen

Illen A. Cluf
02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Sounds likely and reasonable. Many 'classical' paths imply one or another micro/macro-cosmic 'water' as 'Our Saturn' or what not....

Oops, I just made up two 'new' elements: Mercurine & Sulfurine !

LOL :cool:

The only problem is that Rosicrucian documents seem to have their own spin on the classical approaches.

teofrast40
02-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Hallo Andro and Illen,

However, he does mention the use of a crucible. As for the "vessel", he may mean the human body. I think urine or blood is hinted at.

Illen
Could you please point me to the mention of the crucible? As I don't recall it.
Andro, regarding the vessel, the Récréations state quite clearly that the only vessel is the matter itself which behaves like a container for the (celestial) water of which it is imbibed.
Of the three texts Cyliani - Récréations -ICH, the last two are the more textually connected, the place where they differentiate the most being the the first part, about the matter to be used. While ICH gives some hints to man as microcosm and centre of creation, and to the matter to be taken from him (somehow supporting Illen's hypothesis), the Récréations, or more rightly the Scholia (from 4 to 12), talk more explicitly about clay, stating (15) that clay is the first and natural matrix of the whole world. The récréations talk also about Nabucodonor's dream (Daniel 2, 31-35) of the giant whose body was made of metals, and the feet of clay and iron, that could be also a possible suggestion to some sort of electrum.

Illen A. Cluf
02-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Could you please point me to the mention of the crucible? As I don't recall it.

If you have the recently published version, it's on page 34. If not, it's in the section called "About the Differences of the Tinctures in the Dry and Wet Path".

He says:

But they differ and have their specific labels because on the dry path the Tincture of the Gold is digested by way of a dry Powder in the Crucible and placed into a pluperfect or tinctural state, ...".

Of the three texts Cyliani - Récréations -ICH, the last two are the more textually connected, the place where they differentiate the most being the the first part, about the matter to be used. While ICH gives some hints to man as microcosm and centre of creation, and to the matter to be taken from him (somehow supporting Illen's hypothesis), the Récréations, or more rightly the Scholia (from 4 to 12), talk more explicitly about clay, stating (15) that clay is the first and natural matrix of the whole world.

I totally agree that the Récréations/Scholia refer to clay as the matter. The several references leave no doubt.

It's odd how similar they are (obviously the later versions were based on the earlier versions), yet they differ so significantly on the matter used.

Illen

Andro
02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
It's odd how similar they are, yet they differ so significantly on the matter used.

I look at a matter like looking at a 'prison'.

There are maximum security prisons, very difficult to break - and there are minimum security prisons, with cultivated white collar 'guests' :)

But in the end, all prisons can be broken in to & out of... Some, however, more difficult than others... But in the end, they all contain more or less the same 'seeds'...

Andro
02-15-2013, 04:36 PM
Andro, regarding the vessel, the Récréations state quite clearly that the only vessel is the matter itself which behaves like a container for the (celestial) water of which it is imbibed.

Still, I would think the matter would need some sort of external vessel to hold it. 'Compass' mentions this and the difference between those two kinds of 'vessels'.

I haven't read 'Récréations', so I can only speculate that it talks about preparing the matter to be a magnet for Spiritus Mundi (Universal Mercury, etc...) - unless the 'celestial water' to which the text refers is also artificially prepared and manually imbibed.

Illen A. Cluf
02-15-2013, 04:48 PM
I look at a matter like looking at a 'prison'.

There are maximum security prisons, very difficult to break - and there are minimum security prisons, with cultivated white collar 'guests' :)

But in the end, all prisons can be broken in to & out of... Some, however, more difficult than others... But in the end, they all contain more or less the same 'seeds'...

Yes, but still there is a world of difference between urine and clay. How can someone, following a previous treatise so very closely in almost all details, come up with SUCH a radically different matter?

Illen A. Cluf
02-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Still, I would think the matter would need some sort of external vessel to hold it. 'Compass' mentions this and the difference between those two kinds of 'vessels'.

I haven't read 'Récréations', so I can only speculate that it talks about preparing the matter to be a magnet for Spiritus Mundi (Universal Mercury, etc...) - unless the 'celestial water' to which the text refers is also artificially prepared and manually imbibed.

I think it all depends on whether an Alchemist is talking about a "philosophical" vessel, or an "actual" vessel. The "philosophical" vessel would be the material in which the SM is contained, while an "actual" vessel is the "container" in which the matter is processed. As I mentioned above, I.C.H. uses a crucible rather than a glass container.

Andro
02-15-2013, 05:21 PM
I think it all depends on whether an Alchemist is talking about a "philosophical" vessel, or an "actual" vessel. The "philosophical" vessel would be the material in which the SM is contained, while an "actual" vessel is the "container" in which the matter is processed. As I mentioned above, I.C.H. uses a crucible rather than a glass container.

Yes, this seems to be the commonly used terminology, which often gets mixed up when deciphering texts.

Yes, but still there is a world of difference between urine and clay. How can someone, following a previous treatise so very closely in almost all details, come up with SUCH a radically different matter?

1. There is not such a big 'world of difference', considering that all matter is 'seeded' alike, but developed to different degrees of evolution....

2. Clay (if this is indeed the matter of that text) may also refer to a microcosmic matter, if we look (for example) at the Hebrew linguistic similarities:

DaM - ADaM - ADOM - ADaMaH
אדמה - אדום - אדם - דם
Blood - Man - Red - Earth

3. All this being said, I will be able to comment much better after I've read 'Récréations' in English - So I'll just wait for updates from the translator you mentioned :)

teofrast40
02-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks Illen for the reference. Effectively the symbol used here in the original edition seem to stand for crucible. That said, personally I would hesitate to consider the crucible as the main vessel, even in the dry path of this text.
If references to temperatures in ICH are a vague range from warmness, to avoiding vitrification during lapidificatio (so maybe a bit higher here..), the Récréations are quite categoric,

Il ne faut pas que la température passe quinze degrés de Réaumur (18° C).
Temperature must not overcome 15 degrees Reamur (18° C)
Also I wouldn't worry that much about the discrepancies in suggestions to the matter of the work, as from Zosime on, descriptions of it have always been symbolical and metaphorical. It could easily be that all the three authors referred to the same substance (we can find reference to red earth, adamah etc. also in ICH and Cyliani), be it clay, urine, both, or something else, or that each one of them had something different in mind.
As for the vessel, Andro, in ICH it's less clear, but in the Récréations -and Palmer, I cited him in the ancient thread on Cyliani- it's quite evident that the only vessel needed for most of the (this) work is a simple dish.

Cheers
t

Illen A. Cluf
02-16-2013, 01:17 AM
1. There is not such a big 'world of difference', considering that all matter is 'seeded' alike, but developed to different degrees of evolution....

The seed may be the same, but according to the ancients, the amount of seed in each material varies significantly, and there are just a few matters where it can be found in abundance.

2. Clay (if this is indeed the matter of that text) may also refer to a microcosmic matter, if we look (for example) at the Hebrew linguistic similarities:

DaM - ADaM - ADOM - ADaMaH
אדמה - אדום - אדם - דם
Blood - Man - Red - Earth

Very interesting word analysis, Androgynus!

Illen A. Cluf
02-16-2013, 01:21 AM
That said, personally I would hesitate to consider the crucible as the main vessel, even in the dry path of this text.

I agree. I.C.H. just happened to mention the crucible being used in part of the process of one of the two paths, so this doesn't necessarily mean that it's the only vessel used.

Also I wouldn't worry that much about the discrepancies in suggestions to the matter of the work, as from Zosime on, descriptions of it have always been symbolical and metaphorical. It could easily be that all the three authors referred to the same substance (we can find reference to red earth, adamah etc. also in ICH and Cyliani), be it clay, urine, both, or something else, or that each one of them had something different in mind.Yes, ths is a distinct possibility, especially considering the word analysis that Androgynus provided.

vega33
02-20-2013, 04:10 AM

In the Hermes path, more so in the subsequent writings, the vessel and the matter are seen as part of the same thing, vis a vis, the composition/thing that is composed, the "mercury" (I can supply quotes from the work on this). It would be easy to say "without glassware" looking at it from that perspective. Lab glassware was an extension of and/or misunderstanding of (at the same time) the early techniques of alchemy, IMHO. Nature uses no glassware and often uses pressure and electricity, or liquid "melting pots" in its processes, glassware can only approximate (and in some cases not even come close to) the types of energetic exchange happening every day in volcanically active areas.

Andro
02-25-2013, 10:50 AM
It appears that the methodology of this Lineage (ICH, Cyliani, Récréations, etc...) indicates, aside from the matter to be worked on, the capture and corporification of the 'Astral Spirit' or 'Astral Niter' or 'Lunar Humidity' from the Night Air.

Bombastus talks about the Earth, NOT the one we walk on, but the one over our heads. He also mentions 'bringing down the moon', which is interestingly an expression often used in romantic contexts :)

'Chemical Moonshine' hints at a similar approach. Sometimes a Magnet is hinted at (periodically 'imbibed' lime is obliquely hinted at in ICH, and even more obliquely in Cyliani).

The Celestial Agriculture (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2451-The-Celestial-Agriculture) thread deals with this topic more in depth.

In ICH, Common Fire is implied/employed to attract the Air (since Fire needs Air as 'food') and also to corporify the invisible Aerial/Lunar/Celestial Niter.

However, a number of Rectifications (Eagles) is indicated for this Embodied Spirit to gather enough power.

'Normally' collected Dew/Nocturnal Humidity (:)) seems to be severely lacking in this corporified Niter, so the Agency of Fire is suggested, to aid with this 'embodiment' (although there sure are alternatives...)

Regarding possible setups, the RAMS version of 'Chemical Moonshine' contains this apparatus, which most of us here are probably already familiar with:

http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/ab172/androgynus_album/LunarCollector2_zps2871b06a.jpg

Hyle&Cohyle, as well as Freddie G, mention similar (but more simple) versions for attraction and corporification, with one vessel only (+ Fire).

An ingenious Artist can surely come up with his own ways/applications to perform this task, once Attraction, Corporification and Conditions are understood.

Texts from this lineage (ICH, for example) also warn us that if seasonal/environmental and corporification conditions are neglected, we only get a useless Water Phlegm (no corporified Spirit).

Exposure to sunlight is also to be avoided in THIS approach. The reason for avoiding Sunlight (in THIS application) are explicitly given in the texts, so I won't repeat them here.

All this only briefly summarizes one of the 'Keys' to this methodology (or at least one way to apply it).

This approach is generally considered part of some 'Classical Way' variations, as well as resting on principles from the Emerald Tablet.

It is also quite dependent on seasons, directions, moon phases and weather/atmospheric conditions... Not my first priority cuppa, but it is fascinating to study and understand/internalize nevertheless...

Understanding the Reasons for the Seasons, Directions, Moon Phases and General Conditions may pave the way to much more powerful and less 'dependent' applications IMO/E.

PS: I haven't said anything 'new', really... Just a brief summary of concepts that have already been discussed in various threads...

And finally, a few verses from a little poem I wrote and posted here (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1163-alchemical-raps&p=8555#post8555) almost three years ago:

Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair
And the Earth is in the Air.
---------------------------------
In the Gutter lies the Crown
And we're hanging Upside Down.

Hope lies hidden in your fears,
Like the Salt within your tears.
In the crossing rivers dive,
Drink their poison, and survive.

©Androgynus, March 2010

Illen A. Cluf
02-26-2013, 02:12 AM
Illen,

Androgynus,

I talked to my friend, and he's still interested in publishing the English translation of Récréations Hermétiques, Unfortunately, he has been involved in several other projects and has not had time to get back to this. He is also planning to publish a transcription of the full version of Petrus Bonus' treatise Precious New Pearl (only the very much condensed version is currently available).

Illen

HappyPotter
02-26-2013, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the insights into 'Old and True Natural Path' book guys, I've only just started reading this book so much appreciated and this convo is heplful indeed.

Salazius
03-02-2013, 07:37 PM
The images of the rotation :

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/17/05/29/rotati10.jpg

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/17/05/29/rotati11.jpg

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/17/05/29/rotati12.jpg

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/17/05/29/rotati13.jpg

Illen A. Cluf
03-03-2013, 05:45 PM
Interesting, Salazius! In the picture of the First Rotation, the arrow at the bottom leading to the "Body" shows three substances composing the "cube". The first two seem to be Urine and Saturn. Does anyone know what the third symbol (looks like "I") represents?

Thanks,
Illen

Salazius
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Yes, N° 1.

All the planets symbols have a number. Saturn is numero uno !

Illen A. Cluf
03-03-2013, 07:09 PM
Yes, N° 1.

All the planets symbols have a number. Saturn is numero uno !

Of course! The first planet - how did I miss that?

Illen

Salazius
03-04-2013, 10:00 AM
It happens.

Here is from Bacstrom found :

http://i77.servimg.com/u/f77/11/17/05/29/vaisse10.jpg
"Vaisseau de la préparation ou Balance des Philsophes"/"Vessel of the preparation or Scale of the Philosophers".

From Rosarium if I remember well.

I like the comparison with the dew apparatus mentioned above. Maybe a hint.

psykopanther
02-02-2015, 10:40 PM
If this offends the OP let me know. can't tell if he was saying it was him that is the publisher or not.

English version here

edit. Removed link to English download due to being pretty sure it's Sam's book. Did not want to offend anyone for posting it. Although it is already available if you Google correctly for free.

sam
02-08-2015, 03:46 PM
yes, I know, I have been submitting a few copyright claims to the upload platforms but they make it rather difficult and also: immediately after the withdrawal someone else can upload it again and the entire process starts all over.

So as it stands to publish a book today in the hopes of getting any reasonable refund for one's work is quite illusory, as somelese said here: there is always ONE asshole...

the solution lies in pre-payment thru crowdfunding BEFORE the deed is done and/or very high prices for the books, e.g. the Naturweg should have been US$ 79,- from the start.

-sam

sam
02-09-2015, 11:03 AM
If this offends the OP let me know. can't tell if he was saying it was him that is the publisher or not.

English version here

edit. Removed link to English download due to being pretty sure it's Sam's book. Did not want to offend anyone for posting it. Although it is already available if you Google correctly for free.

could you please pm me the link? thank you!
-sam

sam
10-25-2016, 03:31 PM
Now freely available as pdf:

http://montalk.net/reading

scroll down to "alchemy"

these are authorized copys freely downloadable.

-sam

Andro
10-25-2016, 04:09 PM
Thank you both (Sam & Tom).

I have purchased the printed books (both this one and the 13 Letters) and I don't regret it one bit.

zoas23
10-25-2016, 06:36 PM

scroll down to "alchemy"

-sam

I would like to talk to you about something regarding the books... but I can't send private messages (your inbox is "full").
Hmmmm... a commercial agreement, but the details, I can only discuss them in private.

Schmuldvich
10-25-2016, 09:34 PM

scroll down to "alchemy"

-sam

Very cool!

Why are they now free?

Also, could just be my computer, but it appears as if there is an error (http://i.imgur.com/4dIymKz.jpg) in the Natural Path pdf avaiable for download from that site. The title page just has the first letter printed and nothing else. Thirteen Secret Letters pdf looks fine for me. Thanks for putting the effort into getting this book into English; again, very appreciated!

Andro
10-25-2016, 09:52 PM
it appears as if there is an error (http://i.imgur.com/4dIymKz.jpg) in the Natural Path pdf available for download from that site. The title page just has the first letter printed and nothing else.

My download looks just fine. Must be something else.

zoas23
10-25-2016, 10:05 PM
Very cool!

Why are they now free?

Also, could just be my computer, but it appears as if there is an error (http://i.imgur.com/4dIymKz.jpg) in the Natural Path pdf avaiable for download from that site. The title page just has the first letter printed and nothing else. Thirteen Secret Letters pdf looks fine for me. Thanks for putting the effort into getting this book into English; again, very appreciated!

Clean your cache, refresh the page and do it again. The pdf is fine, probably your internet got "broken" for a second and the memory of your browser saved a partial version.

Schmuldvich
10-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Thanks Andro and zos23! The pdf is fine and it was indeed just my computer! All is well! Still curious though...

Why are these books now free?

Illen A. Cluf
11-01-2016, 10:31 PM
I actually own the actual book. I'm surprised to see it as a PDF, since I know the author went to a lot of trouble to have it published.

Andro
11-01-2016, 10:51 PM
I actually own the actual book.

So do I.

I'm surprised to see it as a PDF, since I know the author went to a lot of trouble to have it published.

See THIS POST (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2855-Hermes-Trismegistus-Old-and-True-Natural-Path-now-available-in-English&p=44871#post44871) by the translator.

Illen A. Cluf
11-01-2016, 11:03 PM
So do I.

See THIS POST (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2855-Hermes-Trismegistus-Old-and-True-Natural-Path-now-available-in-English&p=44871#post44871) by the translator.

I saw that, but he never explained why he was freely giving away such a treasure. It's a book that belongs on everyone's shelves.

sam
11-15-2016, 11:00 AM
I saw that, but he never explained why he was freely giving away such a treasure. It's a book that belongs on everyone's shelves.

Tom and I had initially agreed to give it away to RAMS (and everybody else) after a grace period to recover some compensation for our efforts. Now the time had come. Thank you all for the appreciation, duly noted :)

Andro
11-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Tom and I had initially agreed to give it away to RAMS (and everybody else) after a grace period to recover some compensation for our efforts. Now the time had come. Thank you all for the appreciation, duly noted :)

Just an idea...

Why not set up a donation option (on Tom's site (http://montalk.net/) or anywhere else for that matter), so those who didn't purchase the printed books but are enjoying the free PDF copies can still express their appreciation (if so inclined) for the hard work that went into it?

Illen A. Cluf
11-15-2016, 02:22 PM

That's most generous. I purchased both your books and have enjoyed them immensely. I'm currently working on having the translation of a related third in that series checked, Recreations Hermetiques.

sam
11-16-2016, 03:43 AM
Just an idea...

Why not set up a donation option (on Tom's site (http://montalk.net/) or anywhere else for that matter), so those who didn't purchase the printed books but are enjoying the free PDF copies can still express their appreciation (if so inclined) for the hard work that went into it?

There is in fact a donation option with paypal and bitcoin buttons on Toms site. He has done immeasurable more work than I so its OK to use his site for this purpose.