PDA

View Full Version : Find the others!

Awani
05-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Please listen to the first 35 seconds as they are very important:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXiqoSSuzg

It seems in 2012 many of us will meet in various situations. Personally I will also meet others not on Alchemy Forums that I have never met before but have had on-line dialogue with for many years.

It is a development I am greatly looking forward to. I don't know about how you all feel, but I feel completely alienated from the society I am in, but when I find the others... and hopefully when I meet the others, this alienated feeling will be disappear. After all reality is of our own making... and even if we have digital friends it is in the physical realm real the greatest experiences are made!

:cool:

Andro
05-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, seemingly, this 'trend' is catching up with us in the coming months... :)

(meeting in person)

My friends here and I also feel rather socially alienated where we are... I suppose a gradually increasing tendency to physically gather with Like-Minded is becoming inevitable...

No matter where we are on the globe (and we are EVERYWHERE :)), circumstances WILL manifest to make it possible.

In other words: About fucking time!!!

:D

Andro
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
It seems in 2012 many of us will meet in various situations.
Personally I will also meet others not on Alchemy Forums that I have never met before but have had on-line dialogue with for many years.

It is a development I am greatly looking forward to.
I don't know about how you all feel, but I feel completely alienated from the society I am in, but when I find the others...
And hopefully when I meet the others, this alienated feeling will be disappear.
After all reality is of our own making... and even if we have digital friends it is in the physical realm real the greatest experiences are made!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that many of us here only know each other virtually, mostly trough forum posts, private messages, sometimes even Email and/or Facebook...

I would like to bring up the possibility of going beyond that... I mean getting to know each other (according to individual compatibility, not as an all-encompassing group thing).

Setting up audio conversations, for example... Phone, Skype, whatever is at hand... maybe even video when comfortable enough...

And how about possibly getting together and actually meeting in person (when geographically/financially possible) with the people we have known and befriended here?

Making friendships is not TOO different in the Alchemical community than in other circles... there is always the issue of trust, of course - but how would we know if we don't take a few small intuitive 'leaps of faith'?

I have made a few most pleasant friendships here, and they're NOT just about Alchemy or 'on topic' stuff, like in a forum format.

Such friendships, besides being rewarding in and of themselves, can also open the door to ways of collaboration and reciprocation that we're not likely to encounter as long as we keep our interactions to a specialized digital minimum.

I've gained SO much from friendships I've made here, much more that just Alchemical 'progress'. But yes, as far as Alchemy is concerned, I have found that sometimes 'two are better than one', so to speak.

A voice conversation can trigger deep insights, most likely not possible in written correspondence... not to mention what magic can happen when meeting like-minded people in person...

I know how much magic has happened for me...

It is possible (and quite probable) that some (if not many) of us are 'hermits' in the 'normal' world. I am like that myself.

But this forum (for example) can also play the part of an Alchemical 'dating site' of sorts. A dating site for Hermits :)

So what about 'Finding The Others', meeting each other, befriending each other?

Hermit to Hermit? Philosopher to Philosopher? Artist to Artist? Alchemist to Alchemist?

I know some of us are meeting this year in various configurations.

It shouldn't be too difficult if you/we are on the same continent, even though some of the meetings that will take place involve transcontinental travel as well.

I know that this road can be a lonely one.

But it doesn't necessarily mean that we have to walk it alone.

Just saying...

MarkostheGnostic
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I've has Skype video conversations with a fellow who I became acquainted with on FB. He was in Nepal and India, and I'm in the US. It went well for two strangers. he was a good deal younger than me, but I keep getting older (what can I say :))? Everyone I meet in my 'chronological' age group is utterly absorbed in business and/or family matters. I work only to live, even though I must take CEU courses, and I am not a family man. But even family men (CG Jung was one example. He had kids and grandkids, and even made time for not a few lovers on the side :p).

I'm certainly open to Private Messages at this forum, not to mention personal meet-ups if anyone is in, or is passing through my locale. I have met other people through esotericonline.com, at a Duncan Donuts, and a Starbucks, and in my home. I conduct a part-time private hypnotherapy practice from my residence, so I meet strangers here all the time. So, I'm open to making friends without any agenda other than mutual interest in exploration of the infrastructure of consciousness and Reality.

Andro
06-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Everyone I meet in my 'chronological' age group is utterly absorbed in business and/or family matters.

From my experience, if the shoe fits, age doesn't really matter. I am friends with people ranging from their 20's up to their 60's and even 70's.

When I was 9 years old, one of my best friends was a retired 70+ (possibly even 80+) Professor of Philosophy. We had fascinating conversations.
It started with me offering him my seat on the bus, finding out we had the same name, and later progressed into a fascinating series of meetings and conversations (in person and over the phone) about the nature of reality.

The point is that there is no formula, really. Just to make allowance and open up to more personal acquaintances, even going beyond topics of mutual interest...

Getting to know each other on many different levels... not necessary limited to 'serious' or 'philosophical' areas...

CC's 'Second Attention' comes to mind... The greatest insights can hit you during the most common smalltalk :)

zoas23
06-26-2012, 07:23 PM
The idea of networkinf is an idea I like in a lot of different ways.

Quite recently I was organizing a photography exhibition and several of the contributors came from this forum with excellent photos. The main point of the exhibition was networking (you'll be seeing the photos in just a few days).
I've had small conversations with some of them; I have discovered that Nibiru and I are probably split at birth non-identical twins... specially when we talk "not on topic!".
I think Salazius, Markos and Seth-Ra are fantastic persons too... Oh, and Androgynous did something very special for me! a HUGE favor.

I also had EXCELLENT networking results in the past (I can think of a short film about Spare, in which I was working with the person I consider to be the #1 worldwide expert on his works).
I also did 2 "US trips" being hosted for free during 30 consecutive days at the houses of different people who were involved in Hermeticim.
But then I did the same and hosted at my house 4 different persons involved in Hermeticism.... an experience I don't regret at all. It's always been very interesting.

I also keep a very interesting correpondence with several people who lives far away from me. I am currenlty investigating how to finance the travel of one of them as to offer an exhibition organized by him here.

Oh.... snd I do prefer face-to-face conversations or e-mails... but not phone conversations or video conversations... I'm kinda phobic about them.

In my own case, I don't feel alienated from the local community involved with Hermeticism at all... but it's refreshing to meet people from other cultures/countries.
Right now it is quite impossible for me to travel abroad because the government of my country is STUPID and made laws that make it perfectly legal to travel abroad, except that it's impossible in a practical way.

But if someone is planning to visit Buenos Aires, then here I am.

Andro
06-26-2012, 07:46 PM
In my own case, I don't feel alienated from the local community involved with Hermeticism at all...

Well, I was talking about the 'normal' people I feel alienated from... LOL :)

A Hermetically oriented community can be a different ballgame altogether. Aside from the people I actually live with, I know of no such circles in my environment.

Right now it is quite impossible for me to travel abroad because the government of my country is STUPID and made laws that make it perfectly legal to travel abroad, except that it's impossible in a practical way.

Could you please elaborate on that? How did they manage to create such contradictory conditions? What is actually preventing you from traveling abroad, if it's 'legal'?

I know of a few overt dictatorships (past and present) where it is also theoretically 'legal' to travel anywhere, only in practice you could never get a passport/exit visa...
One would have to go through complex bureaucracies, and sometimes wait many years only to be notified that something is not in order and they have to re-apply...

Is it something similar in Argentina?

Awani
06-26-2012, 09:44 PM
It is interesting because thought Argentina was pretty chilled. Buenos Aires felt like Barcelona. Then again all countries are dictatorships in one way or the other. I will return to Argentina for sure so it would be cool to hook up.

Awani
06-27-2012, 03:05 AM
For those with FB well this is an easy way to start to connect. FB might have its faults but it is not the tool that is bad, but how it is used. Big brother is all over the place anyway so no reason to hide. Instead show how outnumbered s/he is...

zoas23
06-27-2012, 03:16 AM
Well, I was talking about the 'normal' people I feel alienated from... LOL :)
Could you please elaborate on that? How did they manage to create such contradictory conditions? What is actually preventing you from traveling abroad, if it's 'legal'?

I know of a few overt dictatorships (past and present) where it is also theoretically 'legal' to travel anywhere, only in practice you could never get a passport/exit visa...
One would have to go through complex bureaucracies, and sometimes wait many years only to be notified that something is not in order and they have to re-apply...

Is it something similar in Argentina?

Argentina is a democracy... and the current government has a lot of dictatorial sides, but it's still clearly standing in the fields of democracy. The ONLY political party that has power is the Peronist Party, which is very much like a very unique and very weird democratic version of Italian Fascism. I hate it, but I have to admt that it is clearly "democratic" (no people in jail for political reasons, no people getting killed for political reasons, the right to protest is 100% granted, there's freedom of speech, the elections don't involve frauds, etc).

The problem related to travelling abroad has a lot of sides, most of them boring for a forum:

1) Getting a passport is not a problem (and in my own case, I have a second passport from a country of the European Union, so that's really not a problem). We do not need any kind of "special permission" to travel abroad. If I go to the airport right now with my passport I can travel right now, except that:

2) Very recent laws (2 or 3 months ago) disguised as laws against "money laundering" gave the government the power to have to approve every exchange of Argentinean $ for any foreign currency. In theory this means that each person can buy an amount of foreign currency that he can justify with his earnings, thus giving the governemt the right to limit the amount of foreign curencies we can buy each month.
Problem is that I don't know anyone who has been able to get a permission that gives him a limit above $0.

So, how am I meant to travel if I can't buy, say, Euros?

The reasons are not really political, but economical and certainly not related to any kind of prevention of "money laundering"... the government has no interest in keeping people unable to travel... what they want is to keep people
a) unable to import goods from abroad
b) unable to have savings in any foreign currency

This is because Argentina has to pay a huge debt to the Paris Club ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Club ) this next november and doesn't have the money.... thus it is in danger of becoming the next Greece. That's why the government is making it impossible to buy foreign currencies, they need to keep the dollars & euros in the national banks.

3) The government is giving some "special permissions" to buy foreign money to people who travels abroad, but the problem is that these "special permissions" give a very little money (i.e, a friend of mine is travelling to Egypt next month... she was given the permission to buy $300 dollars for a one month travel.... it's pretty obvious that you can't live for a month as a "tourist" in Egypt with 300 dollars -her trip is still possible because she already had savings in dollars from the "times" before these recent laws).

4) Last but not least, during the last years, Argentina decided to have an economy that is a bit similar to the economy of China in some ways.... and I don't mean the Communist side at all, but the Capitalist side:
Our money is VERY undervalued with the intention of creatinggood earnigs by exporting and make imports very expensive as to discourage them.
The result of this choice is that we are more or less OK whilst we are living in the fiction of our local economy... but when we travel abroad everything has an incredibly high cost for us.

So that's mostly why travelling abroad is currenty very utopic for anyone who lives in Argentina.

Awani
06-27-2012, 03:18 AM
Interesting. But can't you buy the Euro in Europe with your credit card?

Also if you come to Amsterdam you live and eat for free... and hopefully I do the same when I go to Argentina;)

So money is not necessary... only for the ticket.

zoas23
06-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Interesting. But can't you buy the Euro in Europe with your credit card?

Also if you come to Amsterdam you live and eat for free... and hopefully I do the same when I go to Argentina;)

So money is not necessary... only for the ticket.

I think we have a limit of how much we can spend with our credit cards (in foreign money, in local money we do not have a limit).
I do expect that all this economical limits will be over by 2013.... since they are making the local economy quite crazy, besides from limiting my chances of travelling abroad.

I love Amsterdam, been there some 5 or 6 times in the past! :)

It isn't in my plans to travel there in the near future (mostly because of all the issues I have explained, but also because my #1 priority in travels right now is South Korea... I really want to go there with Isha, my girlfriend, who is into this forum, but she seems to be lazy to post :p ... mostly because her ancestors are South Korean, so it is mostly a travel to meet face to face the culture of her ancestors in the place where it was invented).

OF course, if you come to Buenos Aires, you have a place at our house. The offer doesn't expire.... and eating vegetarian food won't be a problem at our house.

Awani
06-27-2012, 11:14 PM
I understand, I wouldn't go if I have been to a place that many times. But I can accommodate in Sweden also. ;)

South Korea sounds cool. I have to see more of Asia in the future.

zoas23
06-28-2012, 07:23 AM
I understand, I wouldn't go if I have been to a place that many times. But I can accommodate in Sweden also. ;)

South Korea sounds cool. I have to see more of Asia in the future.

LOL.... no, I didn't mean "I've been there 5 or 6 times in the past, it's not worthy to return! Booooo Amsterdam! Repeated city for me!!!", I was telling you that I've been there several times in the past because I like it.
I was mostly trying to explain why travelling there or anywhere is so incredibly complicated for a typical middle class argentinean right now... and that I also have a priority with South Korea right now, mostly because of sentimental reasons (i.e, that it is the place where the father of my GF was born, that she heard a lot about that place during her life, that she inherited a lot of its culture and traditions, she pent most of her life eating Korean food, a lot of her unconscious gestures come from that place -the way in which she seats on the floor, the way in which she can't help taking a small bow when she mmets someone, the way in which she chooses very bright plain colors for her clothes... and that even her face links her to that place -i.e, any person who looks at her notices her oriental eyes, so quite often she's asked where is she from, so she has to explain that her father was Korean)... so she obviously has a very strong desire to travel there; so that's the obvious destiny for our next travel (instead of finding another person, our priority is somehow finding a very specific place).

But, then, in the future we may visit Amsterdam... I was simply explaining that our priority right now has a very different nature.... and that the current economical situation doesn't help either.
Thank you for your kindness.

MarkostheGnostic
06-29-2012, 02:32 AM
Well, I didn't intend to sound pedantic, but our friendships have dwindled to non-existence at present. We have maybe one friend locally, and I have a couple of childhood friends whom I rarely see due to distance. I have put out invitations to people who live in S. Florida via esotericonline.com, and I have met half a dozen people, but none of them led to second meetings. It was about meeting with other people who have some interest outside of psychosexual interests (not my agenda), or psychosocial interests ("Let me show you pictures of my grandchildren..."). I think your philosopher friend was fortuitous and I wish I could've known someone like that, just as kids swarmed to Mexico to seek Don Juan Matus. Those of us who are seeking a "Mana personality," but seeking it within, is the kind of folks I'm looking for. My years of visiting swamis and gurus are long gone (as well as Western occultists, Hermeticists, alchemists, etc.). I am interested in the evocation of my own "Mana personality," or Wise Man Archetype, through different kinds of initiatory practices, and anyone else who is interested in the evocation of other than the Maternal/Paternal archetypes. This is a huge, open area. I don't make small talk, and I can see that as an icebreaker, but after the lines of communication are opened, something of depth has to ensue. So really, in a very broad way, I'm into depth - depth psychology, depth of feeling, of meaning - outside of Plato's cave, life outside The Matrix of mundane existence.

Awani
06-29-2012, 03:03 AM
I don't make small talk, and I can see that as an icebreaker...

Well I often use something like "why do you believe in God?" as an icebreaker or "have you ever seen someone die?"... cut to the chase kind of stuff...

Depth is key always I think, and people like it I think... especially when they don't expect it.

MarkostheGnostic
06-29-2012, 06:45 AM
I talked with my Lady about this, outside of my post. She tells me that I'm "strange," and "unusual," and why I'm considered to be "pleasant," but "off-putting," and I don't come close to bringing the things up that you mentioned! It's enough to tell people that "sugar is highly addictive and poisonous," to a Cuban co-worker, who bought her already overweight child a solid sugar tea set that she could consume when she was about 5 years old. People are easily offended - their unhealthy habits identified with their culture, and they themselves are self-identified with a conglomeration of cultural practices,many of which are unhealthy or superstitious. I am regarded as intelligent, educated, and aloof - just because I NEED 30 minutes of quiet and solitude in the midst of 7.5 hours with disturbed adolescent middle-schoolers. I need depth, but have been told by a long-time acquaintance's wife, during an MDMA trip that she was "just a shallow person," and it rang true! Since college, people have said things like, "That's deep," even when what I said wasn't particularly deep at all. I do choose to dive below the turbulence of life's drama to seek the mysterious depths. Drama is predictable and stupid as I see it, but most people live for gossip and petty dramatics. I suppose I'm locked into a late 60s mind-set where I want to turn on the world and blow away their idiotic addictions, but at the same time, awakening from The Matrix of social conventions and cultural brainwashing is NOT what most people want to do. Most people want to perpetuate the same old same old in as nice a home as they can attain - then grow old and die. This mind-set blocks ANY experimentation with Reality. Perhaps in my quest to become a "Man of Knowledge," I simply have not 'grown up.' I'm not about to change that one iota. Listening to Morning Dew from a 1973 Grateful Dead show at U.of Oklahoma, buzzed on red wine at 2:43 am. Probably sleep past noon like I did yesterday. Still, I spent 3 hours manicuring lawn and plants, and cooked vegan burgers for a couple hours. Not acting my age doesn't mean irresponsible!

Ouroboros
06-29-2012, 08:01 AM
I don't know how people there react on "unusual" way of life. just being interested in esotericism, in depth, is labeled like th e worst, sicknest way of satanism. and they don't even kno what satanism is. apriori you are evil, distorted, amoral person. actually they think that everything that is not christianity (and by that i mean rules that come through institution of church) is satanism.
my husband is one of their kind, blind believer. often i don;t have his support in things i;m interested in. although he tries to be more open, but he is just grown in that patriarchal way which include that blind faith.
i have contact with few persons on the net, but in real world it's just something that you don't talk about, so others don't consider you as a freak.
and about healthy food...vegeterians are feaks too here. actually anyone who have eating habbits that don't include pig on stick, bacon, that stuff that is made of pigs fat, i don't know english word for it (maybe tehre is no word in english for it) is a freak.
i am not extrem when food is about. and untill two weeks ago didn't mind what i'm eating. but than i saw some people that eat raw food (they are freaks too) and they delight me. so i try to make some changes in my everyday menu. and it works well for me, i think that my body alarmed me that it need some changes. ofcourse, i still must cook for my husband and kids.

Awani
06-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Ouroboros: where in the world are you located?

Ouroboros
06-29-2012, 12:10 PM
:D serbia is located in south east of europe ;)
well, it is specific area....where are you from and really how people there react on esoterism? is it tabboo like here?
and it is strange cause pele here are highly superstition and they have baunch of rituals for health, against bad spells, we have white and black magic, people are givinig fortunes for healing incuranble illneses or to take down some black magic which in most cases are just product of their imagination. but if you are serious interested to know how magic works you are freak. so it can be said tha if you just have faith an do blindly what others told you to do you are ok, but if you just ask yourself why and how they might stoned you :D

Awani
06-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Northern Europe. Taboo maybe not, socially weird yes, but the Death Metal scene is pretty big so Satanism is not that strange... but I guess "new age" or "occult" it is the same status all over the world. Esotericism is not mainstream exactly even if it is more so these days than before, IMO.

So in a sense we are all freaks. I recommend watching the old film Freaks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks). Very good.

MarkostheGnostic
06-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Wow Ouroboros! And yet, you were guided to find this site in a virtual universe of web sites. Try not to get stoned - with rocks, I mean :)
I put 'Magic in Serbia' into Google, and immediately found these:
http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/serbia-s-magical-mystery-tour
http://birn.eu.com/en/1/190/8920/

Ouroboros
07-02-2012, 08:24 AM
yeah serbian grandma here on the picture :D
this guy nikola who kill nine people just because he was thinking that he was under black magic spells. it is true that spells of vlajna are the strongest, and people are afraid of it. but nowdays that magic, being transfered from mother to daughter lose the "magic" and all that is left are hollow rituals. they have tutorial bt they don't have knowledge. they know steps of the ritual, but they don't have inner feeling to wake up magic. magic, i mean "magic" is directed to others and not to yourself. i think person who want to make magic first must invoke it from the deepest self. person must feel it, and that is part of the magic which is absent among nowdays magicians and witches :D
alectomagnetic fields are popular in serbia, paople come and stand in circles for hours. i really don't know what effect can be achived just by standing in those circles....i have in plan to visit one place of that kind in my area, and mybe then i would be able to talk about effects.
i don't leave in area of vlachs so i can't talk about their customs. i can tell you that customs in my area comes from bosnia, because lots of bosnia refuges that come here in past. about funerals, dancing and singing isn't custom here, but a lot of old women lament very loud on funerals. these women sometimes are payed to do that :D strange. there are bunch of customs, recently i was on one funeral where two people fight over which custom should use.
it is true that orthodox chrstianity keep a lot of pagan customs, and yet orthodox christians are disgusted of paganism. it is paradox...and that is why i am not orthodox christian, although i must follow its tradition because of my husband.
i know some other ritual to make man fall in love with you..it is grose....but some women do even that.

Ouroboros
07-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Northern Europe. Taboo maybe not, socially weird yes, but the Death Metal scene is pretty big so Satanism is not that strange... but I guess "new age" or "occult" it is the same status all over the world. Esotericism is not mainstream exactly even if it is more so these days than before, IMO.

So in a sense we are all freaks. I recommend watching the old film Freaks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freaks). Very good.

finland? :)

Ouroboros
07-02-2012, 08:27 AM
and yeah, esoterism is just for chosen one i think...so it's not suppose to be mainstream.

MarkostheGnostic
07-03-2012, 01:18 AM
I have heard of professional weepers, or mourners. I found an old newspaper article referencing the practice. Further back in history, during the early years in The New World, before 1776 Independence as the USA, there were 'sin eaters' also.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9B00E6D7123FE63BBC4F53DFB066838C669FDE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sin_eater

One of my childhood friends is Greek, and Greek Orthodox. We often have long e-mails, though he has really only gotten into it over the past several years. He married a Greek Orthodox woman, stopped using psychedelics (which I sent him in the past), and has become very 'religious.' I am no longer interested in discussing Patristics. It was fascinating when I was in seminary in my mid 20s, but really, theology is complete fabrication, supposedly based on biblical writ. Nobody can describe the Divine Economy of the Holy Trinity, neither can anyone say that God is Three Persons in One Substance with any kind of authority. Uncreated energies and such, are constructs to explain how human beings are separated from, and not 'further' emanations of the Being of God. Interesting to me is the psychology of religion - just why human beings have a need to explain a transcendental reality which cannot be known intellectually. I respect, most of all, the Neoplatonic philosophy that much of Orthodox Christianity is based on. Unfortunately, Paganism is railed against by the same people, whose Christianity is built upon Pagan philosophy. Of course much of Christendom built their churches on the ruins of Pagan holy sites, so it seems to follow.

I was raised in a Reformed Jewish home, yet my mother was an atheist from what I can remember. I rejected the tradition, never became Bar Mitzvah, got baptized in a Catholic Church, spent 2 years in a Methodist seminary (where I studied orthodox theology as well as psychology of religion, CG Jung, as well as Old and New Testaments). I saw myself as a Jewish Christian more than as a Messianic Jew for many years. Now I'm not certain how to describe my faith. I don't really want it to seem idiosyncratic and weird, but I want people to understand. 'Jewish Christian' not only has alienated me from my culturally Jewish family (and Jews in general), but people ask, "Oh, 'Jews for Jesus?'" Yeccchh! :p I understand the Jewish, Egyptian and Greek threads that Christianity is woven from, but I don't want ANYONE to think that I am some fundamentalist, literalist! Lately, I've been posting that I am a Jewish-Christian Entheogenic Gnostic. Most folks don't know what 'entheogens' are, or what a gnostic take on religion means (I mean informed by inner experience scriptural writings, but heterodoxical interpretations). So, if I'm not orthodox, I'm heterodox, and heterodox is easily dismissed as 'apostate' or 'heretic.' I have no objection to the synonyms:
dissenter, nonconformist, apostate, freethinker, iconoclast, or pagan. But I do NOT agree with these listed agnostic, atheist, nonbeliever, unbeliever, idolater, idolatress.

Andro
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Great short video about innovation, about chance favoring the connected mind - and so much more...

Find the others :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NugRZGDbPFU&feature=player_detailpage

Andro
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I've just returned from meeting a few of us here in person for the first time, and it was an wonderful experience.

You guys are absolutely amazing, thank you all so much for making it to the meeting and for making it happen, even with all the delays, missed flights, etc... (Mercury IS Retrograde, after all :))

Time was WAY too short, so at some point sleep was out of the question - SO much to share and discuss, such great vision in different areas.

Looking forward to taking this to the next levels.

'Find the Others' - not just a catchy phrase!

My deepest thanks and appreciation to everyone involved!

Awani
07-28-2012, 08:14 PM
I had an easy ride, got all my Mercury Retrograde mishaps back home... nothing worth mentioning.

Next time perhaps we can organize a longer session and a bigger group.

Salazius
07-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks too, for this meeting. I enjoyed it very much. Mercury retrograde has been kind with me.

We had a great time, great discussions together !

It worth definately to gather up and share in live.

Awani
08-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Here are five alchemists outside Nicholas Flamel's house (and even though they have different names they all look like Flamel):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/fivealchemistsinparis.jpg

If anyone in the pic still don't want to be on a picture here even if the face is not shown I'll remove it.

solomon levi
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
I'll be travelling to St. Louis Missouri this week.
I don't know what kind of free time I will have except that my Dad and I
are meeting some relatives at the zoo on sunday morning.
It will be nice to walk around and see the animals and chat about life for a few hours.
I'm hoping Nibiru might be in the area - Illinois?
If anyone else is near, make yourself known.

Nibiru
08-14-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm hoping Nibiru might be in the area - Illinois?
If anyone else is near, make yourself known.

I am and will definitely be there, I just need to work out my transportation details.. I'm looking forward to our meeting!! :)

solomon levi
08-16-2012, 04:03 AM
Cool! :)

zoas23
08-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Here are five alchemists outside Nicholas Flamel's house (and even though they have different names they all look like Flamel):

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/fivealchemistsinparis.jpg

If anyone in the pic still don't want to be on a picture here even if the face is not shown I'll remove it.

You are all very handsome! :p

I wish I was there!

solomon levi
08-21-2012, 08:47 PM
It is rumored that there exists a small nucleus of alchemists in the Illinois area.

http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/17/56/95/23/solomo10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=15&u=17569523)
solomon levi chillin' with Nibiru.

Ghislain
08-22-2012, 04:28 AM
We certainly have a peculiar looking bunch of alchemists here ;)

I was shocked to see that Bubu Dwarf, Androgynus, Green Lion,
Dev and Salazius look almost the same...they could be brothers

And now you two...look nothing like how I'd imagined :)

Great to see people getting together.

Anyone from London?

Ghislain

Salazius
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Ghislain,

When I'll come to London, I'll visit you with great pleasure !

Good idea Dev to put Flamel's head on ours, it's soooo funny :D

I'm glad Nibiru and Sol are chelling together, with some philosophical beer of course :)

We had in Flamel Inn, very good wines.

Andro
08-24-2012, 03:53 PM
You are all very handsome!

Yes, we are! :rolleyes:

they could be brothers

Brothers in Art :)

And now you two... look nothing like how I'd imagined :)

You'd be surprised... I've seen the original and it's almost identical ! ! ! :D :D :D

I'm glad Nibiru and Sol are chilling together

Looking forward for possible developments ;)

very good wines

Understatement :o

Salazius
08-25-2012, 10:27 AM
Sure we did drink the wine and tutti quanti ! :)

Such gathering are always very good, because even if the personnality of a writter can sweat out through his posts, it's always better to see them in person !

Nibiru
08-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Such gathering are always very good, because even if the personnality of a writter can sweat out through his posts, it's always better to see them in person !
True, trying to connect through sweat only can become a smelly ordeal at times :)

I think it's a great thing that our Brothers are finally starting to meet in the physical!!! It would be nice to have a larger and possibly longer meet sometime in the future. If you sense a connection online then chances are that it may run deeper than mere internet communication, so make it happen..

Awani
08-31-2012, 10:02 PM
It would be nice to have a larger and possibly longer meet sometime in the future. If you sense a connection online then chances are that it may run deeper than mere internet communication, so make it happen..

Talk to Sol about it, I have written to him about this;)

Awani
08-31-2012, 10:04 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/paracelus3.jpg
Stockholm, Sweden.

Salazius
09-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Cool :)
2012 is a year of gathering seemingly !

Zephyr
09-04-2012, 10:17 PM
I had a great time in Amsterdam and Stockholm. If any Alchemists wish to come by my way (Newfoundland, Canada), you are most welcome.
-Z-

Ezalor
09-06-2012, 11:02 PM
I just read the whole tread. No wonder about the whole.

Our modern societies gone a very wrong way, and anybody in search of the real Truth knows this well. No wonder we feel alienated from a society that teaches materialism, greed, hate, and expects you to shut your mouth and be a good slave, a faceless gear in the machine. Welcome to consumer society! If there is such as a complete opposite of an enlightened, spiritual, meritocratic society, then it is this consumer society. And in fact you aren't even the consumer - you are the product, being consumed by human parasites.

So no wonder we don't seem to find a place among them. And it be wonder neither, that we seek each other. It's the law of sympathy in action. And most importantly, we all had enough, we don't want to live in this "perfect society". And the only others we can count on and receive help from are the like-minded.

I personally always found it strange, that there are no international communities of spiritually aware people, other than some closed and more or less secretive fraternities with obscured initiation rituals and complex membership requirements. We don't need any such. We are already connected, by the mere fact we seek similar goals, or have an interest in similar spiritual approaches.

In a world where most humans concentrate on what is different in them, rather than what is similar, we should lift ourselves over this shortsightedness. - Don't take me wrong, I by no means say we are superior, or better - but it is their choice to stay ignorant, and blinded by politics and dogmatics, and it is our choice to seek freedom, understanding and wisdom. We all started from the same point: coming out from the womb crying, dirty, ugly and naked. From that point on, even if our environment influences us, it finally distills down to our personal choices. Even a person who is under bad influence may deny it and instead lead an honorable life, as we can see many examples, even some famous ones.

We are connected already, because if we walk the same roads, we will meet, sometimes travel side by side, and in the evening may rest at the same campfire, discussing what we have seen on the road, and what destinations or destinies we fare towards.

But I've spoken (written) too much already. We all are fellows by our paths, simple as that.

And for this year, 2012. Well, I guess you all know it's important, even without the Mayan calendar hype. This is indeed a year of connections, meetings and revelations. Moreover, a year of distillation of the spirit of humanity. Of course, the changes Won't happen from one day to the next, neither they started recently, but it is a continuous process, which received lot of catalysts in the recent decades. It is now our job to work for a better future. We are but simple humans like anyone else, but we've chosen to seek the Truth, and that is responsibility. We have to live a life worthwhile, and become examples, everyone in their own places.

Personally what I expect from the near future, if things go well, is an exponential increase in lust for Truth and understanding. And maybe one day - probably not in out lifetimes - the spiritual and scientific approaches merge, the new and old knowledge complement each other and spirituality, magic - and even alchemy - will once again become commonly accepted. We will see... until that, we just do what we have to.

All that said, everyone true seeker I welcome as fellows and comrades, be them from any school, discipline or fraternity, or walking their own ways.

Namaste!

Andro
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Hi Ezalor,

I personally always found it strange, that there are no international communities of spiritually aware people.

Have you read THIS THREAD (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1452-The-LAB) ?

Ezalor
09-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Aye, at least partially. The idea is nice, as also many many other similar ideas I have seen or was connected to.

Mod Note: Post continued on The LAB (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1452-The-LAB&p=24362#post24362) thread, where it's more on topic :)

Kiorionis
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
any of you in/around montana?
it would be nice to sit down with a tasty brew and talk philosophy.

On new years I met two people who claimed interested in alchemy, but about a week ago found out they had no interest in pursuing the practical applications of the theory.. They did give me a lead to follow up on though, so not all bad.

further proof! :p

Awani
06-17-2016, 10:27 PM
Here is the full quote:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/ChYXf2vUUAE6YDb.jpg-large_zpsep5oeprm.jpeg
by Timothy Leary

Illen A. Cluf
06-18-2016, 02:57 AM
Love it! I could have written that myself. I like especially "everyone carries a piece of the puzzle". Odd how we seldom ask people about their piece. I always felt that EVERYONE has an entire life of experience, much of which differs significantly from what we ourselves experience. What a treasure to hear others' experiences. But most feel so insecure that they're more interested in talking than listening.

elixirmixer
10-13-2016, 12:20 AM
I've just returned from meeting a few of us here in person for the first time, and it was an wonderful experience.

You guys are absolutely amazing, thank you all so much for making it to the meeting and for making it happen, even with all the delays, missed flights, etc... (Mercury IS Retrograde, after all :))

Time was WAY too short, so at some point sleep was out of the question - SO much to share and discuss, such great vision in different areas.

Looking forward to taking this to the next levels.

'Find the Others' - not just a catchy phrase!

My deepest thanks and appreciation to everyone involved!

I'm Jealous...