PDA

View Full Version : Potable Gold? (no, just rainwater)

zoas23
05-11-2012, 07:09 AM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4871/dscn0166z.jpg

That's a pic of a bottle of rainwater I collected today (errr.... do you "collect" or "pick" or "gather" rainwater in English?).

I am mostly posting it because I have NEVER seen rainwater that is so dirty.
Out of curiosity I checked its PH: 7.5 (I don't get why it's so alkaline either).

Some weir pollution in my city tonight proably (though I've been reading and 'average' pollution is meant to make the water more acid, not more alkaline).

All the previous rainwater I collected has always been crystal clear... this one has an olive green color (a bit like white wine... though it's impossible to see through this bottle of watter, whilst that's possible with wine).

Would you keep it to do something or I should mostly discard it? Has anyone else ever collected rainwater that was so dirty?

(oh... this has been filtered 4 times)

MarkostheGnostic
05-15-2012, 03:46 AM
Zeus' Golden Shower? :) "Collect" is correct.

zoas23
05-15-2012, 08:06 PM
LOL! Would you consider distillating this water and try to "save it"? (Filtering didn't work)

Or would you simply discard it?

I thought that the problem with distillating is that I have no idea about what this water has... so even if I end up getting a crystal clear water, it may still be filled with weird chemicals it caught from the air.

MarkostheGnostic
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
If it contains something heavier than water, it will remain behind as 'phlegm.' Anything lighter and more volatile will distill off at less than 100 C. Often, multiple distillations are in order. After distillation, activated charcoal added will absorb colorings due to impurities (dilute a few mls of red wine, for example, add activated charcoal in a test tube, and you'll have a clear solution of ethanol and water.

zoas23
05-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Thank you, Markos!

It's not that I don't have enough rainwater stored... it's just that I wanted to "save" -make is useful- this one (not really because it has somethng special... I simply wanted to learn how to do it).

It is weird, it's water from last thursday... it has changed a lot by now and there are lots of white mushrooms in it.

Then again, it's not because it had something very special, but because it was very polluted... so I don't think it is safe to give it any kind of use before cleaning it a lot.

I didn't know it was possible to do that with activated charcoal, thanks for the advice.

P.S, a comment you previously made in another thread about the Jewish Exegesis made me understand the Lege, lege, lege, lege of the Mutus Liber... and then the Relege.

MarkostheGnostic
05-17-2012, 12:35 AM
White mushrooms?! Mycelium threads? Fungal primordia nodes? Surely not whole fruiting bodies? :p

What did you discern from the exegesis about the Mutis Liber saying???

zoas23
05-17-2012, 01:13 AM
White mushrooms?! Mycelium threads? Fungal primordia nodes? Surely not whole fruiting bodies? :p

What did you discern from the exegesis about the Mutis Liber saying???

I don't know what kind of mushrooms they can be, but this water can't be used without "cleaning it" I am quite sure... because I collected it with a lot of dirt/pollution... which is like putrefaction, of course, but not the kind of putrefaction that is desirable.

As for the mutus liber:

http://samaelgnosis.net/imagenes/alquimia/mutus_liber_negro/mutus_liber_14_n.gif

I mostly understood the ORA LEGE LEGE LEGE RELEGE LABORA ET INUENIES

I used to take it as a "read it a lot of times" (LOL)... which is OK, but stupid as an interpretation.

So after reading the wikipedia article you linked, I thought... we have 4 "ways of reading":

* Peshat (פְּשָׁט) — "plain" ("simple") or the direct meaning[1].
* Remez (רֶמֶז) — "hints" or the deep (allegoric: hidden or symbolic) meaning beyond just the literal sense.
* Derash (דְּרַשׁ) — from Hebrew darash: "inquire" ("seek") — the comparative (midrashic) meaning, as given through similar occurrences.
* Sod (סוֹד) (pronounced with a long O as in 'bone') — "secret" ("mystery") or the mystical meaning, as given through inspiration or revelation.

Peshat / Earth: the first "Lege"... literal, stupid... very much like my previous interpretation.

Remez / Water: the second "Lege"... metaphors... adding feelings.

Derash / Air: the third "Lege"... using the correspondences, the tradition... our symbols.

Sod / Fire: the "Relege": which is reading under divine inspiration and reading way beyond the text.... but after having read the texts under the previous ways.

These 4 lectures can be related to Guph, Nepesh, Ruach, Neschamah....

(And then you have explained the meaning of the two persons next to these words).

MarkostheGnostic
05-17-2012, 11:10 AM
OK, I got the Mutis Liber approach with PARDES. Thanks. I'm still wondering what you mean by mushroom. A white slime [mold] floating on the surface? Not to be difficult, but mushroom to me means the fruiting body with stem and cap, a carpophore, and these generally require a solid like agar, earth, grain, trees, or even insect bodies to spring from. Meanwhile, there is 'liquid culture' of mycelium (some mushroom growers use this ti innoculate solid medium from which fruit springs, or grow a fungus like ergot in liquid medium).

zoas23
05-17-2012, 04:59 PM
The white slime, mycelium. LOL.... not just the surface, but mostly the whole thing is filled with it.... then again, I wouldn't use it for anything, because the water was polluted in the first place.
Didn't have the time to clean this water yet...