PDA

View Full Version : Conundrum

Ghislain
05-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Below is a conundrum.

Answer it quickly without too much thought. If you have seen it before then let those that have not answer it.

I don't know if this will work in a forum enviroment, but if not then you can try it out on your freinds.

Don't post your answers here, instead PM me with any questions and answers and I will post these later.
This way no one is influenced by another's answer.

A young girl is at her mother's funeral with her sister.

She is single and has never had a meaningful relationship with a man.

She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly
falls in love with him.

As it is a funeral she is obliged to mingle and misses the young man leaving and has no way to
contact him.

Gradually over time she becomes more and more depressed until finally she kills her sister.

Why?

Ghislain

Ghislain
05-13-2012, 07:37 AM
I don't know if it because everyone has seen this conundrum before, that no one is actually interested in
offering an explanation or that not many people have seen this thread yet, but there have been no answers
returned to post. For this reason I shall leave it one more day before I post an explanation myself.

Let me know or give it a go, you may find it interesting.

Ghislain

Ghislain
05-14-2012, 07:30 PM
The conundrum was set to test whether people had psycopathic tendencies.

If you came to the conclusion that the woman killed her sister because she wanted to have
another family funeral to meet the young man again then you may have these tendencies.

If you think everyone would come up with that answer then ask some friends.

Ghislain

Nibiru
05-14-2012, 07:46 PM
Two answers came to mind. First, was what if her sister/victim was living the murderer's idea of an ideal love life? The depression could of led to envy and jealousy, that over time had evolved into a murderous rage.

Second, was that the sister was so depressed over her loss of love that she felt she was 'saving' her sister/victim by freeing her from the potential future tortures of a broken heart..

I hope I'm not psychotic, LOL!

Ghislain
05-15-2012, 05:50 AM
Nibiru

The answers you gave IMO shows a very nice nature, however I am no psychiatrist :)

Unfortunately I came up with the expected answer...how seriously one can take this I don't know,
but it certainly makes one look at ones motives and actions, which can only be a good thing.

There is a list of traits to test this further, but can one be truthful enough with oneself to give
honest answers to the question posed?

Try it Test for Psychopathy
(http://www.arkancide.com/psychopathy.htm)

There is no answer to the result, but I guess the lower the score the better. Be
your own judge.

I am going to go through the list and may or may not post my results...
Depends on the outcome lol

:( scary!

Perhaps this is a little too personal for an open forum. I would like to hear others opinions.

Ghislain

Edit: I scored a 7 but may be a little higher if I'm honest.

Awani
05-15-2012, 01:38 PM

:eek:

Seth-Ra
05-15-2012, 04:57 PM
14. :cool:

Also, I read the first post with the conundrum and I did think she killed the sister due to wanting another funeral to find the guy. Lol

~Seth-Ra

Andro
05-15-2012, 05:18 PM
A young girl is at her mother's funeral with her sister.

My first reaction to the conundrum was that it was actually the mother's sister attending the funeral (the daughter's aunt) and that the whole story is actually time scrambled (events not occurring linearly), hence the aunt was the one who killed her sister (the girl's mother) to begin with (which is how the story ends - with the beginning).

How am I doing on the psycho scale?

14. :cool:

If there ever was a doubt :) :) :)

It is well known across the realm that you are a certified psychopath my friend, in the most philosophical way :)

I scored a 7 but may be a little higher if I'm honest.

Then you must either work on improving your psycho qualities - or work on answering more honestly :)

I won't publish my results :p

Awani
05-15-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm just happy someone scored higher than me.

:cool:

Andro
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm just happy someone scored higher than me.

Nee, the test simply caught you on a 'good' day :)

I think we all know how mood, circumstances and many other factors (such as the Moon Phase) influence the way we see ourselves and subsequently the way we answer such 'tests' :)

Nibiru
05-15-2012, 06:15 PM
After finishing the test I was given a message at the bottom of the screen that read, "Hillary has criminal tendencies". I'm assuming that Hillary is a representation of myself, as I scored 23 on the test. Does a higher or lower number make one more "psychopathic"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

solomon levi
05-15-2012, 07:18 PM
I have only just read the first on charm and it made me wonder,
we have more than one identity. What I say here in computerland...
you would never hear a peep out of me in the real world unless we
were close friends. So we may be computer psychopaths but not
real world psychopaths, or vice-versa.
I'm sure because I am verbose here, I don't appear shy, but you'd
really have to goad me in real life to say anything. I don't know how
to small talk anymore and i don't care much about the personal life...
if we were sitting in a coffee shop I'd listen and smile and say "yeah",
agreeing with you, knowing the subjective nature of mind.
I feel like a psychopath in the world cause i have to pretend and keep
everything inside. Here, I let it all out, and I'm still a psychopath because
of the extremely unorthodox views. :) Oh well.

Doesn't psychopath mean "to feel the soul"?
How did this come to mean crazy, killer, deceiver...?

Let me finish the test...

I can't get past the first question. Shall I answer as I know myself or as I
am aware of how others see me?

Wow. I can't do it. Not even as folly.
A psychopath wrote this test.
The questions are too determined to find what they're looking for - unscientific.

Andro
05-15-2012, 07:24 PM
It's just for fun... I don't take such tests seriously...

The very moment you ask a question, you already start determining the answer to various degrees :)

Nibiru
05-15-2012, 08:15 PM
I have only just read the first on charm and it made me wonder,
we have more than one identity. What I say here in computerland...
you would never hear a peep out of me in the real world unless we
were close friends.

I had the same problem at first because sometimes I'm very introverted in nature, while at other times I'm quite the opposite. I'm much more outgoing around friends or people with whom I share a similar interest. So I just decided to answer each question as if I was experiencing my extroverted/aggressive personality while taking the test. Maybe this will help, but may only give answers for the more "psychotic" side of yourself. I'm sure if I were to retake the test while considering the introverted side of my personality I would have a much lower score. I agree that the person who created the test is himself a psychopath, as everyone is to some degree when the question is considered subjectively..

solomon levi
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM
I guess it's too sad for me.
I know how others can see me and what they would say
which is completely different from how I see myself.
But that fact alone, that I see myself different than others
see me, would be more "proof" of my psychosis - my grandiose
image of myself. But for me it's not myself - I'm not special.
I see, but what I see isn't about me, isn't personal.
We're all far more grandiose than we have allowed. And when
we determine ourselves through these questions, these lenses,
we imagine the whole world is that lens.
Our divinity is just a concept, but psychopaths... we see them all the time.
What lens are we using?

I'm fucked, huh? :)

Nibiru
05-15-2012, 08:19 PM
The problem with labeling 'psychosis' is that the concept is based on what the masses consider 'sane'. One could easily argue that the social masses/"moral-majority" are the ones who are psychotic..

zoas23
05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
scored 3, probably I am a saint.

solomon levi
05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/psychopath.htm

It appears that one major sign of a psychopath is to be without conscience.
Of course, how to define that. Most people associate it with the ability to be guilty.
So guilt - a psychosis that so many people treat with psychotherapy or drugs -
is what makes us sane?

Some views of alchemy and spiritual systems are concerned with developing a conscience -
recognising that we don't already, automatically possess one; conscience equating to
the rational man, sulphur.

Yeah - it just seems like another tool to make people conform - don't look beyond
the lines we've drawn.
So many spiritual people have to be psycho. Gandhi isn't eating until people stop being
violent. Ok, we'll let people admire this kind of psychosis. How about the movie
"Slingblade"? Who doesn't admire that psychosis? Jesus can intentionally allow
himself to be crucified for his radical views - good psychosis. If he did it believing
he was saving the world... really big psychopath. But we're allowed to admire this
kind of psychopath.
I don't tolerate these people telling me what is psychopath and what isn't; what is
allowable psychosis and what is not; when to admire, when to condemn...

solomon levi
05-15-2012, 09:54 PM
from the link I provided above:
"What will you do with your huge and secret advantage, and with the corresponding handicap of other people (conscience)?"

It's weird to recognise the "advantage" and the "handicap" and think that
people won't take advantage of it. Governments do all the time while outwardly
promoting morality and law, secretly, occultly taking advantage of the masses.
This is what religion has become. Of course, individually, people can find the
golden thread in religions. But as institutions, they're not interested in our freedom.
We've mentioned this advantage-handicap relationship in speaking of the sorcerers'
view compared to the "average man's" view.
It appears the psychosis is necessary for liberation. What we do with it is another story.
Just as magic isn't black or white - the magician uses magic "blackly" or "whitely".
Psychosis is magic. But it has the stigma of being all bad.
If we don't liberate ourselves from conformity, what then?

Sorry for going off. I am sensitive to this issue. These posts are cathartic for me.
I'm sorry if they seem inappropriate or too serious. But watching myself go "crazy"
has been a difficult thing to reconcile. Maybe it shouldn't be reconciled??
Everything is upside-down and backwards. Sanity, free will, conscience, "I", concepts,
subjective-objective... it's all reverse for me now, but I still know the old ways.

Seth-Ra
05-16-2012, 12:00 AM
My first reaction to the conundrum was that it was actually the mother's sister attending the funeral (the daughter's aunt) and that the whole story is actually time scrambled (events not occurring linearly), hence the aunt was the one who killed her sister (the girl's mother) to begin with (which is how the story ends - with the beginning).

How am I doing on the psycho scale?

Oh, its obvious - you are an 8 out of 0. ;)

(i.e. non-linear, ouroboral thought.)

If there ever was a doubt :) :) :)

It is well known across the realm that you are a certified psychopath my friend, in the most philosophical way :)

Hey thanks! :D

I know i never had any doubts. lol Hence why on CXP my avatar is a mad-hatter, as well as my title. :cool:

Solomon Levi,

You make some good points - personally, i wouldnt worry about it. I very well could be considered insane, but im ok with it. Just live. :)

~Seth-Ra